over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is bodybuilding gaining popularity?

bmff1121

Newbies
I was thinking about this a bit after seeing the Geico commercial with Kali Muscle. Geico is a very big company and it shocked me to see them putting a bodybuilder up on a pedestal like that.

I'm happy seeing bodybuilders making money through positive things like that even though they are sort of making fun of him. It isn't on the same level as what they did with the planet fitness commercials, which I didn't like at all :banghead:

Do you feel like bodybuilding is getting more popular or less? I feel like being a competitive bodybuilder is slowly gaining popularity.

I also think that the bodybuilding lifestyle of eating healthy and working out is rapidly gaining popularity. People are starting to realize that the fad diets suck and what bodybuilders do works. They are seeing that they won't get HUGE like the pros get. That is a big fear of most people I talk to. They ask me to train them but they say they don't want to get "too big." Even though they won't unless they really want to.

Let me hear your opinions.

I don't think they are putting him on a pedestal. In fact they use him posing as humor to general public.

You have to remember the average person doesn't want to look like that but they have no problem making fun of it. Just like the planet fitness commercials.

I think it is but as much as i hate to say it i thinks its because of the new mens bathing suit class.

It has allowed alot of people be competitive without having to be some crazy like body builders so alot more people are realizing that even those guys diet and train hard

I think it is but as much as i hate to say it i thinks its because of the new mens bathing suit class.

It has allowed alot of people be competitive without having to be some crazy like body builders so alot more people are realizing that even those guys diet and train hard

Ughhh, yes, I can deal with some but the others are cocky little shits.
I think its gaining popularity the State show here used to last til about midnight now with all the extra classes and participants it didnt end til almost 2 am.
The IFBB opened up several more spots for pro cards because the number of athletes logged jammed in the NPC was growing fast ( I believe at least) and they wanted some of that money coming their way.

Absolutely not and it never will gain popularity again. There is no way a "sport" that consists of muscled up men in posing trunks flexing on stage will ever become mainstream. It is an underground culture that only a niche group of people enjoy and this will always be the case.

Take look around the internet these days and there must be 20 times the forums and 20 times the members on those forums so somethings growing.

I don't know if bodybuilding as a sport is but kids in the gym and having that thing to say I workout is I'm still fairly young and only been in this not even three years but the trying to be buff has grown so little dudes can walk around with a bigger ego I'd love to see the sport grow no one understands how hard we have to work and how much we have to sacrifice people just assume that its the gear and little kids come up to me everyday asking where to find it so they don't have to be in the gym as much that's what a lot think when they ask I put the head phones back in and ignore.

Bodybuilding is definitely not gaining popularity. Like alpha said it is only a small niche of people who really get into it. The average person probably doesn't even know who Ronnie Coleman is. Sometime I will start talking about bodybuilding and working out around normal people and I can tell they don't even give a fuck and probably tuned me out a few seconds after I started talking.

The internet forums are pretty popular but I get the feeling that alot of those are just filled with young insecure guys who think getting big muscles will get them respect or confidence or women or whatever. Prom and a few others being exceptions ofcourse.

Bodybuilding is definitely not gaining popularity. Like alpha said it is only a small niche of people who really get into it. The average person probably doesn't even know who Ronnie Coleman is. Sometime I will start talking about bodybuilding and working out around normal people and I can tell they don't even give a fuck and probably tuned me out a few seconds after I started talking.

The internet forums are pretty popular but I get the feeling that alot of those are just filled with young insecure guys who think getting big muscles will get them respect or confidence or women or whatever. Prom and a few others being exceptions ofcourse.

Whats funny is everybody is starting to say " yeah buddy!" or is it just me? ron coleman started that didnt he?

The last dozen or so shows I've been to over the past two years the teen classes are getting bigger, so that's something to consider.

Real bodybuilding is not popular at all; but juicing up for MMA, women, beach muscles, and insecurity is at an all time high and I don't see an end to it in the near future.

Real bodybuilding is not popular at all; but juicing up for MMA, women, beach muscles, and insecurity is at an all time high and I don't see an end to it in the near future.

This is sort of what I meant when I said the bodybuilding lifestyle is gaining popularity. Healthy eating, AAS use, etc.

I also think within the next 5-10 years TRT/HRT is going to be prescribed a lot more as the medical industry starts to realize how beneficial it is and how much $$ they can make off of it. Mainly for the $$ obviously.

Take look around the internet these days and there must be 20 times the forums and 20 times the members on those forums so somethings growing.

Yes, something is groing, drug abuse.

fitness and working out is definitely becoming more and more popular, especially for guys my age and younger (<20). but only a very little percentage of people working out are actually into bodybuilding.

bodybuilding will always be an underground sport.
as a bodybuilder you have to look freaky.
a sport that consists of looking different than the rest of the population CANT become mainstream imo and its good like that.:D

I just can't wait for high school to get back in session so all the little fucktard kids who don't have anything to do during the day will be out of my squat rack (that they are doing curls in no less).

Yes, something is groing, drug abuse.

Yeah, back in the mid 80s when I started bodybuilding there was maybe 2 guys in the high school that were taking steroids. I bet if you took an honest poll now it would be a whole lot more. Guys are starting at younger and younger ages now and even women are now taking these male hormones. Its all so easy to get ahold of now and the young people these days have no idea what it used to be like. It used to be if you were lucky you might find one guy at your gym that was selling, and then the prices were sky high. You did the deal like you were buying cocaine. My guy used to meet me at Mcdonalds and would bring the drugs inside of a book that he had hollowed out all of the pages to form a cavity. Thats how paranoid it was, how secret. Nowadays you have guys buying steroids online with their credit card and shipped right to their doorstep!

I can't believe you couldn't figure that Geico advertisement was just another proof ( to society ) that Bodybuilders are useless meat heads :/

Many guys do bodybuilding for looks, not to compete

Not many men like to wear purple and pink thongs and show heir booties to the crowd...

the big ones make fun of Men's physique but those guys in men physique have better lives

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members