over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

In a funk

bubblegumanimals

Registered
Been very down lately and not happy with my life. I am 25 and a recent graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology. I chose the degree because I have a interest in bodybuilding and in general just wanted to learn more about the science of exercise. I knew in the beginning that really the only career I could pursue with this degree was training clients in a gym. Well I tried and that career in a commercial gym really isn't for me.

I guess I've just been down because I don't know where to go now. I'm working a minimum wage job full time, well looking for another part time minimum wage job. Also living with my parents at the moment which is very unsettling. Don't get me wrong I am thankful that I even have a job at the moment. I know there are people that have it way worse than me.

I have dealt with depression for as long as I can remember and my current situation is just bringing me down even more. On top of that I have no friends. I don't socialize with anyone. I go to work, work out, come home, repeat. Thanks for letting me use this as an outlet to rant.

-corey

Hang in there brother things will get better......why no friends??? get out there and socialize!!....can't buddy up with someone at the gym?...obviously you'll have that in common...... what's the "lady" situation???

thanks man. Yeah I try to stay as optimistic as I can, yet I also bring myself down a lot as well haha.

Okay well I know I'm only 25. I was engaged for 5 years but she and I broke that off about a year ago because she realized it wasn't what she wanted any longer. I guess over the course of that relationship I pushed all of the friends I had away and was left with no one after things ended. Not having any friends over the course of my relationship and mostly spending time with my significant other I developed some social anxiety. I don't know. I try but its hard for me to make any friends. Also its hard for me to find anyone my own age that is content with doing things other than drinking.

You're right though I should force myself to talk to others at my gym.

-get tan
-blast tren and get sexy
-get on plentoffish
-date girls casually
-meet their friends
-make friends with their boyfriends

problem solved

-get tan
-blast tren and get sexy
-get on plentoffish
-date girls casually
-meet their friends
-make friends with their boyfriends

problem solved

hahaha good plan. Yeah I am on POF and OKCUPID just haven't hit it off with anyone. Thanks for the advice little slice!

Hey bud,
I can sympathize with you on those issues. I've dealt with depression since I was a little kid. It made it hard for me to make friends or even want friends. I stayed out of social situations because I was very distrustful of people. Also as a guy in his twenties I find myself struggling trying to find my place in this world. In general being depressed amongst other issues makes life frustrating. I know it's a pain in the ass when I say this but mentality really makes all the difference. Even when you feel terrible you gotta fake it til you become it, just tell yourself things get better or that things are good. Having a positive mental attitude not only makes it more tolerable but also you'll find your self being more successful as your mentality starts to become reality. Mentally I've been down a rough road in life, and I believe that you can overcome it. Yeah it's an ongoing battle that may not end, but never giving up will probably really help your quality of life. You can do it buddy, I believe in you.

Have you looked into working in Cardiac Rehab? You are qualified with a bachelors in exercise physiology just might need to get over the experience gap. That's what I plan on doing when I graduate here in the fall with the same degree.

Been very down lately and not happy with my life. I am 25 and a recent graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology. I chose the degree because I have a interest in bodybuilding and in general just wanted to learn more about the science of exercise. I knew in the beginning that really the only career I could pursue with this degree was training clients in a gym. Well I tried and that career in a commercial gym really isn't for me.

I guess I've just been down because I don't know where to go now. I'm working a minimum wage job full time, well looking for another part time minimum wage job. Also living with my parents at the moment which is very unsettling. Don't get me wrong I am thankful that I even have a job at the moment. I know there are people that have it way worse than me.

I have dealt with depression for as long as I can remember and my current situation is just bringing me down even more. On top of that I have no friends. I don't socialize with anyone. I go to work, work out, come home, repeat. Thanks for letting me use this as an outlet to rant.

-corey

Have you looked into working in Cardiac Rehab? You are qualified with a bachelors in exercise physiology just might need to get over the experience gap. That's what I plan on doing when I graduate here in the fall with the same degree.

Chris is right. you could go into the medical field with your degree. Maybe helping others will help you feel better about yourself. You are focused too much on you. That is how depression and addiction (not saying you have that, just saying) works. It becomes a vicious cycle.
If nothing else, go volunteer somewhere for a day. It can change your perspective just that quickly.

well brother if your looking for alot of insightful answers i think i have the solution for ya!

there is a book called "rules of the game" now at first glance you would think this is to pick up chicks.....and it is......BUT when you read the book it gives you very simple tasks to start off with, which ends up making you more social

the more social you become. the more people you meet, the more connections you have, the better opportunity for you to find yourself in a better position.

such as your job
future relationships
and friends!

rules of the game - by niel strauss

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member