over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Very intelligent but have a criminal history

Chrism329

Registered
Misdemeanor for embezzlement in 2006. Can't get a job because of this. Any advice is appreciated. Looking for a career.

Hire a lawyer to get it expunged.

What Petsy said. Get a letter showing why it is you could not get that job. Take it to lawyer that way this shows proof that not only are you willing to work but also you got denied do to this on your record. Generally you should have no problem getting it expunged just unsure how they look at embezzlement. Generally with embezzlement companies frown on that bigtime but being its a 10yr old charge you have a lot better chance at expugment being its been past 5yrs. I am not a lawyer but hope this helps

**broken link removed**

Car sales. There are some guys that couldn't get hired anywhere else but they're pulling in 100k+ consistently.

Expunging it is definitely a good option, so is a used car salesman if you're a good "hustler" for use of a better term.

Also you could start your own business, there are plenty of sure fire ways to make money. I'm not saying you'll be filthy rich but it will be a stepping stone, it will pretty much be the same pay as having a mid tier random job at first but with a lot more responsibility, down the line you can make it grow or move on to something better. I'm talking something along the lines of an independent salesman for a specific line of product on consignment or buying and selling random items from garage sales and flea markets. You could get lucky and find something worth huge amounts but you don't have to and you probably won't, you don't have to take advantage of an idiot to buy something under market value, some people just don't or can't put in the time and effort into cleaning it up, taking some pictures, researching the market value and posting it online for it's actual worth. All you really need is a couple hundred for buying cash and a computer to get started. It will start small and slow but once you get some turnover going and figure out what's worth your time/effort it will start going. Later down the line when you have income you can purchase things like printers to print your own postage or rented space for example if you wanted to grow it.

Any income is better than no income, your opportunities open up in direct correlation to your amount of money.

Last edited:
misdemeanor....????

i think you need to explain yourself alittle further
for anyone to comment.

you DO NOT need to list misdemeanors in any app.

:cool:

Depends on where you live if expungement is possible. In NYS it does not exist. I'm surprised you are having issues with just that. My past was terrible. I have 2 felony convictions and a few misdemeanors. I did a lot to redeem myself after by trying to give back. Anyway, my convictions are between 10 and 14 years old. My first few jobs were minimum wage. Today I make over $100,000 a year. Companies don't usually look past 7-10 years and misdemeanors don't usually count. Do you have any other issues? Best advice to you is start doing some research and foot work to make it better. Trust me, it's possible but it won't happen on its own. Here in NY we get certificate of relief from disability which restores our rights but doesn't expunge our record.

What type of career are you looking for?

That was going to be my next question. It might be time to switch careers. Re-train in something else especially if your seeking work in the financial industry or something similar.

Switch career paths. Go to a 2 year tech college for a skilled trade. Can easily make 100k+ if you choose to right trade or get into a union. All depends on where you live and what you are willing to do to make money.

Misdemeanor for embezzlement in 2006. Can't get a job because of this. Any advice is appreciated. Looking for a career.

ever heard of ebay? cruise for estate sales, garage sales and junk pick ups. how do you think i pay for all the gear i'm on?

well. it's not ebay but that's an idea.

Start your own strip club business. I'm dead serious.

Petition for relief from grievance or some shit can be filed for a retro expungement if you did something to improve your life like get a degree or something

I'm in the same boat bro, and I have extreme sympathy for you because I know exactly what its like.

I have two very in demand 4 year degrees (IT and Shipping) and yet I can't find a job because of my history for making some stupid decisions (drug induced decisions) and getting caught with a personal stash of steroids.

I was EXTREMELY lucky that I didnt end up with a felony charge but instead now have three serious misdemeanors.

Not to hijack the thread or anything but does anyone know if this is true? I have all of my criminal background charges in one state.... If I were to move out of the state would that help my situation at all?

Knowing, so surely, that I'm working a dead end job and wasting all of my potential is one of the most difficult things I deal with on a daily basis. I make damn near half of what I used to and I'm just spinning in fucking circles. No female in my life and so ready to move on to new things and dive head first into a real career so that I can start making progress, start a family, and live life.

Not being able to find a job that pays the bills is worse than damn near anything.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear