over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Forgotten Art of Gym Etiquette

We have some guys that bring in there cell phones and play music out the speaker. Its a ghetto gym. So while your working out you can here 2 or 3 peoples music and the gyms music. So annoying!!!

We have some guys that bring in there cell phones and play music out the speaker. Its a ghetto gym. So while your working out you can here 2 or 3 peoples music and the gyms music. So annoying!!!

Exactly why I have my own little mp3 and headphones; its also a great way to note get sucked into conversations. I'm in my own little world when I'm plugged into my earbuds

My current gym is pretty cool it is one of those 24 hr private gyms where you get a fob key and can come and go as you please.
What about dropping dumbells after a set of dumbell chest presses? There is a sign on the wall that says "dont drop dumbells" but when I do dumbell presses I go kinda heavy and I aint trying to jerk my biceps tendon out of wack like I have done in the past by trying to set them down gently. So when I squeeze out that last rep I let them fall. Other members look at me weird.

So what do you guys think? Is it ok to let the dumbells come crashing down instead of risking injury by trying to come down with them nice and easy?

Yes. I do it too. The worst is decline DB press. There is no way I'm doing say a 260lb weight sit up so I drop them. Now granted they are only inches from the floor but as you say I'm not tweaking my bicep or shoulder so they just drop. Needless to say dropping a pair of 130's from even 6 inches makes a thud but no one has complained too me yet so.

sorry guys that is one thing that has gotten me in a few altercations (verbal only cause as soon as I ask if they want to step outside they seem to shut the fuck up). Flat or incline I am always able to rock my way up with the weights on my knees, decline may be a little more difficult but nevertheless I don't drop the weights.

Yesterday at the gym I saw 2 guys sharing one bar for curls. And by sharing I literally mean they were both curling the same bar at the same time while facing each other. I was lucky enough to get it on video. And this was done in the squat rack. Neither of them reracked the weight afterwards either. Once I get the video on youtube Ill post it up for you all to get a good laugh from. That is the kind of stuff you don't do.

Yesterday at the gym I saw 2 guys sharing one bar for curls. And by sharing I literally mean they were both curling the same bar at the same time while facing each other. I was lucky enough to get it on video. And this was done in the squat rack. Neither of them reracked the weight afterwards either. Once I get the video on youtube Ill post it up for you all to get a good laugh from. That is the kind of stuff you don't do.

I GOTTAAAA SEEEE THISSSSS!!!! hahahaha

I was surprised they never noticed me recording them!

One more. If you use the bathroom at the gym. Learn to flush the damn toilet or urinal. Just because you do this at home does not mean you do it at the gym.

Here is the link. I just uploaded it from my cell phone. It says youtube is still processing it, so it should be viewable fairly soon: How not to curl. - YouTube

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...OMFGGG i just spit sum of my muthafckn eggwhites n ice cream shake out thru my nose....ouchhhh fckkkk!......llmaoaoaooaoaoooo

ROFLLLL...i luvv how he like, "steps into" the curl off the bar...hahahahhaha

Last edited:
Do your shadow boxing at home or in area you don't look like a complete jackass, beating the air up:banghead:

OMG....I would have a hard time containing myself on that one. PPL are doing this in the weight area? I suppose if it were a MMA or Crossfit gym....this could be more commonplace. Also, in any area where there is a speed bag or heavy bag. But amongst equipment and weights, you're just asking to be ridiculed.

I would go bezerk if I didn't have my player and buds to drown that out. I feel sorry for anyone that actually works out to the shitty music that is usually playing at the gym

the one that gets me is the fckn dumbells... god dayummm!.... the weights go in goddam numerical order from light to heavy....they pick up the fckn 25lb dumbells from the rack...walk them to the open bench or whatever...then they rack them right in front of that bench or where they were standing and put the 25s in the 85s slots....soo much tiime spent finding my one db then having to look around for 2-3 minutes to fund the other...that one gets me steaminggggggg...

Your people actually put them back on the rack!!! We have some people that will take some dumbells on the other side of the gym drop em and leave em there.

As of dropping dumbells, I personally hate it but our dumbells are plates with bolts not the solid iron ones. If you drop the ones with the plates they will end up getting screwed up.

Yea in the weight area ~ there's a cardio Kickboxing room in the back of the gym, No where close to the weighted area, their are a few well respectively peps go in there to hit the bag and shadow box.
It's generally the new Guy's that may stick it out for a few weeks ~young and some close to my age 40-50 YO coming in grunting and pitching the weights down like they just broke some new record ~ then in between sets shadow box, it is quite humorous, yet annoying!
These clowns asses, if they went in the cardio room ~ undoubtedly they would hurt themselves..
..."Bag" by unanimous decision!:eek:

The 25+ years going to 3 different local gyms, I've seen some DOOZZIES come and go.LOL

SmalltownIron good thread~ Hopefully it will remind some people to show a little respect to others in the gym.

OMG....I would have a hard time containing myself on that one. PPL are doing this in the weight area? I suppose if it were a MMA or Crossfit gym....this could be more commonplace. Also, in any area where there is a speed bag or heavy bag. But amongst equipment and weights, you're just asking to be ridiculed.

Last edited:
Do your shadow boxing at home or in area you don't look like a complete jackass, beating the air up:banghead:

That's too funny. We have a heavy bag at my gym and one of the chubby trainers was clumsily jabbing it at the very end of his reach as he exaggeratedly stepped at the bag as if he was walking thru a cotton field! The bag was hardly even moving, then he leaned foward, head down and started flailing spastic-ally with what seemed to be hooks, still not moving the bag! I was polite and did not laugh as the display ended and he strutted off like King Kong with his chest puffed out and lats spread as far as he could. I hope this poor bastard never tries to defend himself.

I always hate when people put stuff on a bench or machine
like a towel or a phone . then walk off , hang out all around the gym
staying away for god knowes how long . and if you then move their stuff
the get all self rightous like , DONT BE TOUCHING MY STUFF. or
CANT YOU SEE I M USING THAT and act like i m the asshole

at my gym we only have like 1 each for every bench or machine
i can understand if you have to take a piss or something but damn
IF YOU ASS ISNT ON THE MACHINE OR BENCH YOUR NOT REALLY USING IT

HAHA, I hate that too!! We actually have one joker who stands in front of the mirror while practicing something that looks like "kung fu"!!

I started a thread awhile back about how I had bought some power blocks and a bench etc...I was initially going to just train at home when I couldn't get to the gym,but, I started loving training at home.

All the reasons you guys have stated along with convenience I am finding myself going to the gym less and doing more at home.

I have a guy who jumps rope in the free weight area at my gym then drops to ground and starts doing pushups:banghead:

Also, the two marines who hang from the pull up bar with their eyes closed doing leg lifts.The kicker is randomly they punch each other in the stomach and the guy being punched yells out "fuck you"!! :eek::eek::confused:

Most of this is a lack of common sense mixed with being ignorant...and it gets very frustrating. Just my 2 cents. :)

x2

Its almost like the more ignorant you act the better people respond to you.

I too would offer the tri-pull down to someone waiting, and they look at me like ( I don;t need you, I'll fucking wait till your done and its all mine).. Its like ok????
Even asking for a quick spot is something I hardly see. I notice when I see the young ones come in, and have their little click, how dare you ask one of them for a spot.

I also hate when people leave the gym mags all over and don't put the fucking things back. Not every gym has mags to read, but mine does, and these lil fuckers leave them all over. Take the mag to the treadmill, and stop looking at the picks and chatting in the dumbbell area!!!!!!!!!!

Cell phone talk? I dont mind that, to each their own.. I text too, I'd rather text or read Professional Muscle between sets than looking at other dudes in the mirror!:D

agree, you try to be nice coz u know ur not going to be ASAP with the machine or equiment, but they still act snobish

and the spot these days, im always asking for a spot weneva i bench and depending on who you ask it really is amazing some responses, some guys are happy to help while others will look at you like youve interupted them during sex

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131