over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

beef liver tabs worth it

bbg420

Registered
i was thinking of picking up a bottle of bev intern ultra 40 liver tabs ,they say the bodybuilders of past basicaly lived off them, any truth to that are they worth it

hey bro -- i like bev nut a lot and used to take these liv tabs all the time. If you look at what they are composed of, there are ample reasons for a bodybuilder to have them in their diet. However, its not one of those supps you KNOW your taking, at least that my experience. It's kind of like putting dollars in a piggy bank trying to be a millionaire, you know it's helping you get where you want to be. Some guys say they feel more endurance and things of that nature as well. BTW bev nut proteins are some of the most delicious I have ever had. HIGHLY recommended.

Bevs beef liv tabs are in a way like a "super_supplement" in that they contain so many nutrients that support muscle growth and recovery not found in other foods or supplements or in effective amount in other foods or supplements. They are good also for energy and endurance and yes a lot of the old school lifters took them. As previously referred to, Bevs supps over time will give you a more dense, leaner, and harder physique.

Beef liver tabs are pointless to take. Im not sure why people are still considering taking them these days.

Look at the BCAA label on the back, that is per 100g of liver...not per serving (assuming you are using the Universal kind). You need about 50+ tabs to equal the label on the back. The tabs are usually listed in "grain". Not in grams.

Save your money and get a bulk powder BCAA

Last edited:
Beef liver tabs are pointless to take. Im not sure why people are still considering taking them these days.

Look at the BCAA label on the back, that is per 100g of liver...not per serving (assuming you are using the Universal kind). You need about 50+ tabs to equal the label on the back. The tabs are usually listed in "grain". Not in grams.

Save your money and get a bulk powder BCAA

how much bcaa's do you take and at what times through the day

how much bcaa's do you take and at what times through the day

Id shoot for at least 5g at once, below is pretty pointless and that is just of leucine/isoleucine and valine

When you dose depends often on who you ask. Layne Norton's MPS protocol has you dosing 2-3 hours after every meal.

Aside from that I would consider dosing peri-workout if I was training fasted or on a cut.

I'm a firm believer in Desiccated liver tabs~ A word of caution should be addressed if one chooses to use this long-term.

As with any heavy metal we consume in excess binds within organs and cells causing some very serious health problems ~that may not show up until years down the road.
The sport we are in whether you are a competitive Bodybuilder or the Joe that enjoys the physical appearance of your hard work to achieve that look others admire, requires some to consume large amounts of Iron enriched foods and supplements.

This hard work in some can be a ticking time bomb that you won't realize until it's to late and you Discover You have Hemochromatosis, this could be Hereditary and not show up until our adult years or Secondary caused by Iron over load ~ if you don't monitor your blood work you very well can be on the road to Iron over load ie; TIBC ~ Total iron-binding capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TIBC,UIBC and Transferrin ~TIBC & UIBC, Transferrin: The Test | Iron Binding Capacity

Some of us want to play doctor ( including myself ) this is something a hematologist or a well versed physician should diagnose~ unlike hormones we play with and try to find the right PCT to find Homeostasis ~ this can be very life threatening.

Now with myself I supplement with desiccated liver tabs ~ONLY~ the week before and the week after my monthly phlebotomies to help restore lost Iron and ferritin levels. Otherwise I eat plenty of Iron enriched foods and use a cast Iron skillet to cook foods with.

So this isn't misinterpreted~ desiccated liver tabs are an essential part of our quest of that hard dense physique we all strive for.

Just don't over do It and monitor your blood work ;)

desiccated liver tabs are an essential part of our quest of that hard dense physique we all strive for.

So what in Liver Tabs do you believe is worthwhile in any capacity?

Considering they provide miniscule aminos at best, and unless you have health issues (anemia) men do not need to supplement with iron to begin with. Regular food is a much better nutrient source than desiccated tabs as well.

Last edited:
back 15 - 20 years ago everyone i knew took desicated live . it was just a staple of everyone diet . you just dont see as many peeps using it these days . there seems to be a resurgence to the beef thing these days . been seing beef protein alot more . as far as all the heavy metal build up in our bodies goes i think a person needs to get off every thing once or twice a year and spend some time with quite a few diff. cleanses for the body . makes everything work 100% better when you get back on .

I'm Not going to argue the fact the proper nutrition supersedes supplementation ~ thats non debatable.

Iron is the key mineral from liver tabs, oxygen carrying hema.

If you look into your question ~ why take BCAA's if your getting proper nutrition?

There are a lot of people that going in for routine phlebotomies, Iron and ferritin are bound in blood, supplementing with either desiccated liver tabs, furrous sulfate, restores lost serum Iron and ferritin much more rapid than food sources ~ unquestionably more rapid.
Incidentally low levels of ferritin along with several other essential nutrients and minerals are a big factor in deficiencies related to hypothyriodism~ which cascades other hormonal imbalances.

Try not to skip past what I cited ~ to the fundamentals of what you disagree with, Iron is essential to life and yet can be life threatening.

If you read my post as a whole you would of seen that.

Also I encourage you to thumb through some of Emrics threads ~ Exceptionally Brilliant Man.
He speaks of this exclusively.

Last edited:
I'm Not going to argue the fact the proper nutrition supersedes supplementation ~ thats non debatable.

Iron is the key mineral from liver tabs, oxygen carrying hema.

If you look into your question ~ why take BCAA's if your getting proper nutrition?

There are a lot of people that going in for routine phlebotomies, Iron and ferritin are bound in blood, supplementing with either desiccated liver tabs, furrous sulfate, restores lost serum Iron and ferritin much more rapid than food sources ~ unquestionably more rapid.
Incidentally low levels of ferritin along with several other essential nutrients and minerals are a big factor in deficiencies related to hypothyriodism.

Try not to skip past what I cited ~ to the fundamentals of what you disagree with, Iron is essential to life and yet can be life threatening.

If you read my post as a whole you would of seen that.

Also I encourage you to thumb through some of Emrics threads ~ Exceptionally Brilliant Man.
He speaks of this exclusively.

You ignored my question.

You dont need supplemental iron as a healthy male. It's great you posted the benefits of iron, but you are getting enough through your diet.

I also did not ask why you should take BCAAs. Liver tabs are not a good source of BCAAs.

THE BEST BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENT AVILABLE--PERIOD!

I could write a novel on desiccated beef liver tabs, but I would suggest to anyone trying to learn the basics, just google "Vince Gironda". ;)

Benefits:

Androgenic effects
Dramatic increase in energy
Increase muscle mass
Increase strength
Increase all mineral and vitamin intake
Increase quality amino acid utilization

I would ONLY USE SOLGAR brand, I've tried many and none compare. I've had numerous GIRLFRIENDS start taking desiccated liver and experienced steroid-like effects(including some side-effects). Trust me, do yourself a favor and EAT YOUR LIVER TABS!!

Great article

In this day and age, liver tabs are a throwback. Liver tabs are definitely old school. In fact, I personally know of many top bodybuilding pros who use liver today. Liver ain�t glamorous, but it flat out works.

Liver tabs. Man, these two words, probably more than any other, conjure up bodybuilding nutrition from the 60s and 70s. It does for me. Bodybuilders like Arnold Schwarzenneger, Frank Zane, Dave Draper, and Vince Gironda lived on them and let me tell ya, these guys knew something about bodybuilding.

But in this day and age, liver tabs are a throwback. Liver tabs are definitely old school. But what's old school doesn't have to mean obsolete�anyone here at Animalpak.com can tell you that. Liver is flat out not obsolete. In fact, I personally know of many top bodybuilding pros who use liver today. Liver ain't glamorous, but it flat out works.

Why Liver Tabs?

Back in the old days, liver was considered by many lifters to be a panacea. Bodybuilders thought it could do everything. Truth is, it can't. Nothing can. Not only that, desiccated liver is no "miracle" supplement that's gonna add 25 or 50 pounds to your bench press overnight. So for all you guys out there looking for the next "big" thing, this ain't it. But if you're looking for a solid nutritional supplement, one that should be part of your core nutritional arsenal along with protein and Animal Pak, this is it. In my honest opinion, liver tabs are a must. Now a lot of so-called "experts" today think desiccated liver tabs are bullshit. They'll point to a lack of a significant body of research. They'll point out it's been around for a long, long time.

They say there are more inexpensive ways to get protein. Well these things are true. Even so, it don 't mean liver is worthless. Far from it. Those critics who bring these charges, guess what? These are the same guys who've never used liver before, cuz if they did, they'd be singing a different tune.

Truth is, the vast majority of bodybuilding supplements have little or no science behind them at all. Period. The supplement industry is built on the myth of science, not science itself. Don't get me wrong. Supplements and our knowledge of nutrition have come a long, long way in thirty years. Even so, in the supplement industry, it's more about fiction and hype, not truth and science.

Fact is, very precious few supplements have any legitimate clinical studies to support them. Protein. Aminos. Creatine. These are among the rare few that have been studied. Now this doesn't mean that all supplements today are worthless. Many are good, but many don't have studies behind them. The point is, just because there isn't a lot of science don't mean something doesn't work. And just because something's been around a while doesn't mean it's worthless. If you're selling shit, then it ain't gonna sell for long.

On the other hand, if something's been around for thirty or so years, you gotta ask yourself why. Maybe cuz it actually works? Consider Atkins as a case in point. He first presented his ideas in the 1970s and his ideas never caught on. He was ridiculed by the medical establishment.

Today, his theories are gaining ground. Studies are even beginning to show his diet works. Bodybuilders, of course, have been following a ketogenic diet for decades, but the point is, sometimes it takes a while for everyone else to catch up.

Bottom line, who you gonna trust? You gonna put your faith in some skinny-assed marketing guys who tout their supplements as being "scientifically" or "clinically" proven to help you build muscle 4000% faster? Or you gonna trust thousands upon thousands of real lifters who have used a supplement for years and years with success? It's your call. I know what mine is.

So what's so good about liver? For starters, many have called liver the most perfect food. It's rich in amino acids, vitamins, minerals, nucleic acids, lipotropics, antioxidants, cytochrome P450 (an enzyme involved in steroid production and detoxification), and other important nutrients. Liver has been used by bodybuilders and powerlifters for decades to increase strength, enhance appetites, reduce recovery times and fatigue, support liver function, and detoxify the body. It's also an effective blood builder. Liver helps increase red blood cell count. Plus, it's one of the best sources of heme iron.

Desiccated liver contain heme iron, one of the most bioavailable forms around. Synthetic or elemental iron can lead to overdosing. Overdosing is far less likely with natural iron. With non-heme iron, you might expect an absorption rate of 1-3%. With heme iron, you could expect 35% absorption or more. Liver tabs can also exert "hematinic activity" � the ability of a substance to improve the quality of the blood, including the hemoglobin level and the number of erythrocytes. That's why liver has been called a "blood builder".

All this is important because blood is what delivers oxygen and nutrients to your working muscles. If you got a problem with iron and blood, it can all lead to to fatigue, decreased energy levels, and reduced physical performance. Studies have clearly shown that even slight iron-deficiency can lead to a reduced work capacity.

Liver also contains nucleic acids. For years, people thought the body could make enough nucleic acids via de novo nucleotide synthetic pathways. Under certain circumstances, this ain't the case. There are times when the body needs more: when the body is undergoing rapid growth, limited food supply, and metabolic stress.

How Can Liver Help You?

In other words, when you're training hard to either gain mass or shed fat. Under these tough conditions, metabolic demand exceeds the capacity of de novo synthesis and nucleic acids become conditionally essential nutrients. This is one of the reasons that liver can have a real effect on improving recovery rates.

Liver is one of the best sources of B vitamins in food. For the athlete, B vitamins are among the most important of all the vitamins. B vitamins play a key role in energy production. If you are low here, your energy levels can suffer. This is bad news in the gym. B vitamins are also needed in carbohydrate metabolism, fat utilization, cell function, proper enzyme function, the regulation of blood sugar, antioxidant function, and detoxification reactions. The list goes on and on.

So liver is important. But like I said earlier, it ain't no panacea. Liver will never replace good old protein powder. From an economical point of view, it can't and it shouldn't. It's easier and cheaper to take a scoop of protein powder than it is to gulp down a handful of liver tabs. So you don't take liver in place of protein. It's not either or. You can take both. Besides, you don't take liver for protein. You get it for aminos and other goodies.

Liver tabs, in my opinion, should be a regular part of your supplement program. Now there are a couple of different liver products out there. If you're looking to try it out, choose a good one. Good liver tabs start with good liver: exclusively grass-fed, prized cattle from Argentina. These prized Argentinian cattle are raised without the use of steroids, hormones, pesticides or other such contaminants. So you get a liver that's healthy, clean and pure. You also gotta check to make sure the liver is certified BSE-free. Remember mad cow disease?

I personally use Uni-Liver for all the reasons above. Along with Animal Pak, I don't leave home without it. I'm a competitive bodybuilder and a big guy so I take anywheres from 9-18 per day. As each 30 grain tab has 1600mg of protein, I also get upwards of 29 extra grams of protein per day. Bottom line: if you're looking for a miracle in a bottle, you ain't gonna find it here. But if you're looking to add a little something extra to your program, liver is as good as it gets. Peace.

I'm Not going to give into this to say your right~ on an aspect of a healthy male you are right, there is no need to supplement with Iron~But the thread topic is on Desiccated liver tabs ~ Desiccated liver tabs serve more than just Iron , Just like BCAA that You brought in to the topic ~ that are point specific to Three amino acids Leucine, Isolecine and Valine
With that said if Iron was the thread topic, I'd jump right on the band wagon with you and advise ~ No need to supplement, unless your deficient in serum Iron or it's related mineral deficiencies.

But again we're not talking about Iron as a topic ~ the OP asked what others think ~ I spoke my views as be cautious, but at the same time you can reap some benefits.

Beverly international has been probably one of the longest running supplement lines sought after by many ~ and they still stand to believe Desiccated liver tabs are of benefit.

I did answer your question~ Iron independent of it's self No ~ Desiccated liver tabs, you bet, just don't over do it ~ just like my first post clearly stated ;)

You ignored my question
You dont need supplemental iron as a healthy male. It's great you posted the benefits of iron, but you are getting enough through your diet.

I also did not ask why you should take BCAAs. Liver tabs are not a good source of BCAAs.

I was going to post that link~ on my phone it comes up as a file, can't figure out how to transfer ~ regardless I believe thats from Beverly international? Kudos Ross,:) Thanks
Great article

In this day and age, liver tabs are a throwback. Liver tabs are definitely old school. In fact, I personally know of many top bodybuilding pros who use liver today. Liver ain�t glamorous, but it flat out works.

Liver tabs. Man, these two words, probably more than any other, conjure up bodybuilding nutrition from the 60s and 70s. It does for me. Bodybuilders like Arnold Schwarzenneger, Frank Zane, Dave Draper, and Vince Gironda lived on them and let me tell ya, these guys knew something about bodybuilding.

But in this day and age, liver tabs are a throwback. Liver tabs are definitely old school. But what's old school doesn't have to mean obsolete�anyone here at Animalpak.com can tell you that. Liver is flat out not obsolete. In fact, I personally know of many top bodybuilding pros who use liver today. Liver ain't glamorous, but it flat out works.

Why Liver Tabs?

Back in the old days, liver was considered by many lifters to be a panacea. Bodybuilders thought it could do everything. Truth is, it can't. Nothing can. Not only that, desiccated liver is no "miracle" supplement that's gonna add 25 or 50 pounds to your bench press overnight. So for all you guys out there looking for the next "big" thing, this ain't it. But if you're looking for a solid nutritional supplement, one that should be part of your core nutritional arsenal along with protein and Animal Pak, this is it. In my honest opinion, liver tabs are a must. Now a lot of so-called "experts" today think desiccated liver tabs are bullshit. They'll point to a lack of a significant body of research. They'll point out it's been around for a long, long time.

They say there are more inexpensive ways to get protein. Well these things are true. Even so, it don 't mean liver is worthless. Far from it. Those critics who bring these charges, guess what? These are the same guys who've never used liver before, cuz if they did, they'd be singing a different tune.

Truth is, the vast majority of bodybuilding supplements have little or no science behind them at all. Period. The supplement industry is built on the myth of science, not science itself. Don't get me wrong. Supplements and our knowledge of nutrition have come a long, long way in thirty years. Even so, in the supplement industry, it's more about fiction and hype, not truth and science.

Fact is, very precious few supplements have any legitimate clinical studies to support them. Protein. Aminos. Creatine. These are among the rare few that have been studied. Now this doesn't mean that all supplements today are worthless. Many are good, but many don't have studies behind them. The point is, just because there isn't a lot of science don't mean something doesn't work. And just because something's been around a while doesn't mean it's worthless. If you're selling shit, then it ain't gonna sell for long.

On the other hand, if something's been around for thirty or so years, you gotta ask yourself why. Maybe cuz it actually works? Consider Atkins as a case in point. He first presented his ideas in the 1970s and his ideas never caught on. He was ridiculed by the medical establishment.

Today, his theories are gaining ground. Studies are even beginning to show his diet works. Bodybuilders, of course, have been following a ketogenic diet for decades, but the point is, sometimes it takes a while for everyone else to catch up.

Bottom line, who you gonna trust? You gonna put your faith in some skinny-assed marketing guys who tout their supplements as being "scientifically" or "clinically" proven to help you build muscle 4000% faster? Or you gonna trust thousands upon thousands of real lifters who have used a supplement for years and years with success? It's your call. I know what mine is.

So what's so good about liver? For starters, many have called liver the most perfect food. It's rich in amino acids, vitamins, minerals, nucleic acids, lipotropics, antioxidants, cytochrome P450 (an enzyme involved in steroid production and detoxification), and other important nutrients. Liver has been used by bodybuilders and powerlifters for decades to increase strength, enhance appetites, reduce recovery times and fatigue, support liver function, and detoxify the body. It's also an effective blood builder. Liver helps increase red blood cell count. Plus, it's one of the best sources of heme iron.

Desiccated liver contain heme iron, one of the most bioavailable forms around. Synthetic or elemental iron can lead to overdosing. Overdosing is far less likely with natural iron. With non-heme iron, you might expect an absorption rate of 1-3%. With heme iron, you could expect 35% absorption or more. Liver tabs can also exert "hematinic activity" � the ability of a substance to improve the quality of the blood, including the hemoglobin level and the number of erythrocytes. That's why liver has been called a "blood builder".

All this is important because blood is what delivers oxygen and nutrients to your working muscles. If you got a problem with iron and blood, it can all lead to to fatigue, decreased energy levels, and reduced physical performance. Studies have clearly shown that even slight iron-deficiency can lead to a reduced work capacity.

Liver also contains nucleic acids. For years, people thought the body could make enough nucleic acids via de novo nucleotide synthetic pathways. Under certain circumstances, this ain't the case. There are times when the body needs more: when the body is undergoing rapid growth, limited food supply, and metabolic stress.

How Can Liver Help You?

In other words, when you're training hard to either gain mass or shed fat. Under these tough conditions, metabolic demand exceeds the capacity of de novo synthesis and nucleic acids become conditionally essential nutrients. This is one of the reasons that liver can have a real effect on improving recovery rates.

Liver is one of the best sources of B vitamins in food. For the athlete, B vitamins are among the most important of all the vitamins. B vitamins play a key role in energy production. If you are low here, your energy levels can suffer. This is bad news in the gym. B vitamins are also needed in carbohydrate metabolism, fat utilization, cell function, proper enzyme function, the regulation of blood sugar, antioxidant function, and detoxification reactions. The list goes on and on.

So liver is important. But like I said earlier, it ain't no panacea. Liver will never replace good old protein powder. From an economical point of view, it can't and it shouldn't. It's easier and cheaper to take a scoop of protein powder than it is to gulp down a handful of liver tabs. So you don't take liver in place of protein. It's not either or. You can take both. Besides, you don't take liver for protein. You get it for aminos and other goodies.

Liver tabs, in my opinion, should be a regular part of your supplement program. Now there are a couple of different liver products out there. If you're looking to try it out, choose a good one. Good liver tabs start with good liver: exclusively grass-fed, prized cattle from Argentina. These prized Argentinian cattle are raised without the use of steroids, hormones, pesticides or other such contaminants. So you get a liver that's healthy, clean and pure. You also gotta check to make sure the liver is certified BSE-free. Remember mad cow disease?

I personally use Uni-Liver for all the reasons above. Along with Animal Pak, I don't leave home without it. I'm a competitive bodybuilder and a big guy so I take anywheres from 9-18 per day. As each 30 grain tab has 1600mg of protein, I also get upwards of 29 extra grams of protein per day. Bottom line: if you're looking for a miracle in a bottle, you ain't gonna find it here. But if you're looking to add a little something extra to your program, liver is as good as it gets. Peace.

Liver tabs rule. I use Beverly's. The endurance effects alone make them worth every penny.

Anyone claiming that they are crap has simply not used them long enough (8 weeks minimum) to see the awesome physiological results they produce, never found a quality product and/or you're not chewing them up.

I rank them up there with Humanofort as a must-have supp.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
UnCutOils
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws