over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

*Living a VIRTUOUS LIFE!

BigNShredded

Banned
Not EVERYONE is capable of CHANGE, of PERSONAL GROWTH; some people will never be able to conquer their flaws and impediments to their own happiness. They will never even CARE to live a VIRTUOUS AND MORAL LIFE, blinded by SELFISHNESS and EGO. However, SOME people CAN CHANGE, but it's not at all easy and can take an extremely long time to completely and continually occur. In order to truly change WHO YOU ARE AND HOW YOU THINK AND FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF *AND OTHERS, you need characteristics such as intelligence, awareness, willingness, objectivity, compassion, discipline, and above all else--a BURNING DESIRE TO BE DIFFERENT THAN HOW YOU CURRENTLY ARE based on the realization that you would be HAPPIER and MORALLY SUPERIOR if you could change who you are and HOW YOU THINK AND FEEL. It doesn't matter what you accomplish, it doesn't matter how rich, beautiful, or powerful you are--if you do not LIVE A VIRTUOUS AND MORAL LIFE, you will never experience TRUE HAPPINESS and TRUE LOVE.

my new years resolutions were in line with this

admitting the things you do that you know dont make you a better person

and actually not doing them

which you would think is easy... but its not.

but its been really rewarding, life is much better when you remove certain obstacles and remove negative stuff from your life

I can agree Ross, but the problem with majority of the population believe those around them are the fucked up ones who need to change and not them....

Not EVERYONE is capable of CHANGE, of PERSONAL GROWTH; some people will never be able to conquer their flaws and impediments to their own happiness. They will never even CARE to live a VIRTUOUS AND MORAL LIFE, blinded by SELFISHNESS and EGO. However, SOME people CAN CHANGE, but it's not at all easy and can take an extremely long time to completely and continually occur. In order to truly change WHO YOU ARE AND HOW YOU THINK AND FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF *AND OTHERS, you need characteristics such as intelligence, awareness, willingness, objectivity, compassion, discipline, and above all else--a BURNING DESIRE TO BE DIFFERENT THAN HOW YOU CURRENTLY ARE based on the realization that you would be HAPPIER and MORALLY SUPERIOR if you could change who you are and HOW YOU THINK AND FEEL. It doesn't matter what you accomplish, it doesn't matter how rich, beautiful, or powerful you are--if you do not LIVE A VIRTUOUS AND MORAL LIFE, you will never experience TRUE HAPPINESS and TRUE LOVE.

happiness is overrated, jk :)

Well Stated Ross.. Like you said MOST are not willing to put in the time and effort to make changes:banghead:

Johnny Ringo

Thats intense, Bro. I always thought all you Jersey Guys only believed in GTL (Gym,Tan,Laundry). You must be a big fan of Jersey Shore

Good post ,agreed

great post. how do we do this? treat others the way we want to be treated. learning to love is not easy.

The only thing that I disagree with is the first sentence. I believe every single person is capable of change. It's just that few see the need or have the desire or wherewithal to pursue it. But overall, I completely agree with the sentiment of your post. Have a great day!

True! You probably should have said Morally Satisfied or something similar instead of Morally Superior....Morally Superior seems to speak to the ego and I know that's the opposite of what you're trying to say.

I used to have a Japanese proverb on the wall in my home that said, "Self Knowledge Is True Happiness". You have to truly know yourself and be able to recognize your faults as well as your strengths and then address your faults! That is the only way to grow and better one's self.

change?

I used to have a Japanese proverb on the wall in my home that said, "Self Knowledge Is True Happiness". You have to truly know yourself and be able to recognize your faults as well as your strengths and then address your faults! That is the only way to grow and better one's self.
-------------
^^^^^
Sorry to bust in like this (you know, noob & all), Its facinating what every1 is saying here & OP's beginning post is facinating to me etc!

This statement touched me as well (Bio) bcuz it points out one of the basic roadblocks to personal growth/change (IMAO) that being, one has to have the open-minded-ness to look within themselves and admit they may be slightly askew and in need of change, so as to prepare the body/mind, for change!

As was previously stated, so many who cannot do that (admit they may be messed-up)!! (sorry again, had to put it in writting to wrap my mind around that OP & others concepts).

Yep I agree change is def not easy and admitting faults is extremely hard :) I am definitely trying hard myself !! :)

Good post Ross, a worthwhile topic for sure. Its a path we should all be on, myself included.
Iabadman is working hard at self enlightenment. He has much to offer those seeking to grow in these areas. Check out the life support thread.

BigNShredded:

Great post. I've found the older i get the harder long term habits are to break. You get used to certain habits even if they aren't always the best they become second nature. Being honest sometimes with ones self is difficult for everyone on some level. I am as guilty of that as anyone.

As a Jersey guy myself I can assure you that most of us are not about GTL(whoever the fuck came up with that douchebag acronym!) and Jersey Shore BLOWS!!
Peace to all,
M2M:cool:

Thats intense, Bro. I always thought all you Jersey Guys only believed in GTL (Gym,Tan,Laundry). You must be a big fan of Jersey Shore

Change is definitely not easy but if one is truly motivated then the fist step is introspection. Treat those around you how you feel you deserve to be treated. start doing this more often and you will find that the positive energy will come back around to you. KARMA BROTHERS! :)

Peace,
M2M:cool:

BigNShredded;1242224[B said:
]Not EVERYONE [/B]is capable of CHANGE, of PERSONAL GROWTH; some people will never be able to conquer their flaws and impediments to their own happiness. They will never even CARE to live a VIRTUOUS AND MORAL LIFE, blinded by SELFISHNESS and EGO. However, SOME people CAN CHANGE, but it's not at all easy and can take an extremely long time to completely and continually occur. In order to truly change WHO YOU ARE AND HOW YOU THINK AND FEEL ABOUT YOURSELF *AND OTHERS, you need characteristics such as intelligence, awareness, willingness, objectivity, compassion, discipline, and above all else--a BURNING DESIRE TO BE DIFFERENT THAN HOW YOU CURRENTLY ARE based on the realization that you would be HAPPIER and MORALLY SUPERIOR if you could change who you are and HOW YOU THINK AND FEEL. It doesn't matter what you accomplish, it doesn't matter how rich, beautiful, or powerful you are--if you do not LIVE A VIRTUOUS AND MORAL LIFE, you will never experience TRUE HAPPINESS and TRUE LOVE.

Great post Ross!!!

There are just a few things I would add. As Bionic mentioned, everyone is capable of change just few are willing. Willing to be totally honest with themself. To be able to look in the mirror and see the good and the bad. Then work on the bad while improving the good.
Bio touched on the superior thing. If you are gong to live a life as described there is now room for feelings of superiority. But I don't believe that was what you meant.
Great things to focus on!

Well, if there was anything about myself that I didn't like, I would change it. ;)

Here is some purple prose for y'all to chew on. Hey bodybuilders, how many of the seven deadly sins can you check? ha fucking ha.

Deadly Sin * **

Opposing Virtue

Brief description

Pride
(1) (18%) Humility Seeing ourselves as we are and not comparing ourselves to others is humility. Pride and vanity are competitive. If someone else's pride really bothers you, you have a lot of pride.
Avarice/Greed
(5) (5%) Generosity This is about more than money. Generosity means letting others get the credit or praise. It is giving without having expectations of the other person. Greed wants to get its "fair share" or a bit more.
Envy
(2) (5%) Love "Love is patient, love is kind…" Love actively seeks the good of others for their sake. Envy resents the good others receive or even might receive. Envy is almost indistinguishable from pride at times.
Wrath/Anger
(3) (20%) Kindness Kindness means taking the tender approach, with patience and compassion. Anger is often our first reaction to the problems of others. Impatience with the faults of others is related to this.
Lust
(7) (31%) Self control Self control and self mastery prevent pleasure from killing the soul by suffocation. Legitimate pleasures are controlled in the same way an athlete's muscles are: for maximum efficiency without damage. Lust is the self-destructive drive for pleasure out of proportion to its worth. Sex, power, or image can be used well, but they tend to go out of control.
Gluttony
(6) (8%) Faith and Temperance Temperance accepts the natural limits of pleasures and preserves this natural balance. This does not pertain only to food, but to entertainment and other legitimate goods, and even the company of others.
Sloth
(4) (13%) Zeal Zeal is the energetic response of the heart to God's commands. The other sins work together to deaden the spiritual senses so we first become slow to respond to God and then drift completely into the sleep of complacency.

Last edited:
Well, if there was anything about myself that I didn't like, I would change it. ;)

Here is some purple prose for y'all to chew on. Hey bodybuilders, how many of the seven deadly sins can you check? ha fucking ha.

Deadly Sin * **

Opposing Virtue

Brief description

Pride
(1) (18%) Humility Seeing ourselves as we are and not comparing ourselves to others is humility. Pride and vanity are competitive. If someone else's pride really bothers you, you have a lot of pride.
Avarice/Greed
(5) (5%) Generosity This is about more than money. Generosity means letting others get the credit or praise. It is giving without having expectations of the other person. Greed wants to get its "fair share" or a bit more.
Envy
(2) (5%) Love "Love is patient, love is kind…" Love actively seeks the good of others for their sake. Envy resents the good others receive or even might receive. Envy is almost indistinguishable from pride at times.
Wrath/Anger
(3) (20%) Kindness Kindness means taking the tender approach, with patience and compassion. Anger is often our first reaction to the problems of others. Impatience with the faults of others is related to this.
Lust
(7) (31%) Self control Self control and self mastery prevent pleasure from killing the soul by suffocation. Legitimate pleasures are controlled in the same way an athlete's muscles are: for maximum efficiency without damage. Lust is the self-destructive drive for pleasure out of proportion to its worth. Sex, power, or image can be used well, but they tend to go out of control.
Gluttony
(6) (8%) Faith and Temperance Temperance accepts the natural limits of pleasures and preserves this natural balance. This does not pertain only to food, but to entertainment and other legitimate goods, and even the company of others.
Sloth
(4) (13%) Zeal Zeal is the energetic response of the heart to God's commands. The other sins work together to deaden the spiritual senses so we first become slow to respond to God and then drift completely into the sleep of complacency.

I can check all of them at one level or another. Some I would score less favorably on. However, I can honestly say today my scores are leaning more toward an honest, humble, moral life than yesterday and the day before that. I don't believe it's about being perfect but more about which direction you're moving in.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatgazer
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131