over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

*Living a VIRTUOUS LIFE!

To me Virtue and Morality are not absolute achievements. There are those trying to be virtuous and moral and those who are not. No man totally gets there.

To me Virtue and Morality are not absolute achievements. There are those trying to be virtuous and moral and those who are not. No man totally gets there.

Wow, a very interesting and insightful perspective!

I am so happy that this thread is getting this type of response, it's good to know that there are genuinely GOOD PEOPLE out there!

For the record, I wasn't always this way; I consider my OLD SELF to be one of the WORST individuals I've ever known. I was beyond selfish and arrogant, I was just a nasty SOB. I didn't care about other people's feelings whatsoever. I was also young, but that is no excuse.

My view is, IF I CAN CHANGE--ANYONE can!! :lightbulb:

For the sake of playing devils advocate here, most of the world would consider us far from being virtuous or moral. We are actually seen as no different than drug addicts. What kind of person does it take to shove needles in their ass 1 ,2, 3, times + a day just for the sake of "looking" better. Pretty self centered and egotistical.

This isnt a post disagreeing with Ross as it is more of a post of how im torn between thinking im a good person at heart yet i do these things to myself (diet, gym 5x a week, anabolics) for nothing more than to look better really. Does that make a person less moral because he does that?

For the sake of playing devils advocate here, most of the world would consider us far from being virtuous or moral. We are actually seen as no different than drug addicts. What kind of person does it take to shove needles in their ass 1 ,2, 3, times + a day just for the sake of "looking" better. Pretty self centered and egotistical.

This isnt a post disagreeing with Ross as it is more of a post of how im torn between thinking im a good person at heart yet i do these things to myself (diet, gym 5x a week, anabolics) for nothing more than to look better really. Does that make a person less moral because he does that?

While I do agree that MANY BODYBUILDERS are morally deficient, I disagree with the generalization, and members of this board are proof of that..

Are you hurting anyone else? Are you HAPPY doing your CRAFT? Are you doing something WRONG? Why does bodybuilding make you, in any way, a bad person?

For me, bodybuilding is ART, and I am building something BEAUTIFUL. It may SEEM VAIN, but as ARNOLD once said, is a TRACKSTAR being VAIN because he has someone with a STOP WATCH time him running? No, because this is his TOOL OF MEASUREMENT--the stop watch let's him know if he is PROGRESSING.

For bodybuilders, we have THE MIRROR as a way of guaging our PROGRESS. It may seem vain, but in the end we are just trying to CREATE something,

While I do agree that MANY BODYBUILDERS are morally deficient, I disagree with the generalization, and members of this board are proof of that..

Are you hurting anyone else? Are you HAPPY doing your CRAFT? Are you doing something WRONG? Why does bodybuilding make you, in any way, a bad person?

For me, bodybuilding is ART, and I am building something BEAUTIFUL. It may SEEM VAIN, but as ARNOLD once said, is a TRACKSTAR being VAIN because he has someone with a STOP WATCH time him running? No, because this is his TOOL OF MEASUREMENT--the stop watch let's him know if he is PROGRESSING.

For bodybuilders, we have THE MIRROR as a way of guaging our PROGRESS. It may seem vain, but in the end we are just trying to CREATE something,

Excellent post... never heard that before (Arnie) :)

AND ALSO--

Breaking the LAW, in my opinion, does not necessarily make you a bad or immoral person. The laws set in place by our gorvenments are definitely not always just, fair, or even wise, so I believe that in the privacy of one's own home, you are morally free to smoke Marijuana or use hormones in order to enhance YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE.

Last edited:

Good point, good question and much more appopriate post considering the subject matter and self centered hobby or way of life that brings us together.

Let's get real for a second....there are many good guys here but discussing morals and virtues when we shoot ourselves with anabolics so we can look good or compete is so hypocritical in my opinion. Im playing off of the devils advocate fork in the road because I find it to be more interesting. Self examine yourself if you will and be real honest. It's tough...can you do it and be honest? You can't be 50% moral in life.....or can you? For you christians.....we all know you can't be 50% christian although most try.

Excellent post... never heard that before (Arnie) :)

A track star runs.....he isn't injecting himself with hormones his own body isn't producing. I think the two are very different.

If you must know I think I'm a great guy, husband and father. I go to church every Sunday and try to be the best person I possibly can. Could I be better? Yep! Does injecting anything over hrt level test morally wrong....I think most would say yes. Do I still do it?? Yep. Do I agree with regarding smoking weed in your home? Yep....I sure do! Does this make it morally right? I doubt it. I think you must distinguish right from wrong and never try and justify the things you do.

We are not perfect....young must understand this and live with it. I don't think it makes us bad people but I do not clasify it as morally right either. It's a slippery slope! I'm not sure if there will ever be a right or wrong answer because that will be different for every man.

A track star runs.....he isn't injecting himself with hormones his own body isn't producing. I think the two are very different.

If you must know I think I'm a great guy, husband and father. I go to church every Sunday and try to be the best person I possibly can. Could I be better? Yep! Does injecting anything over hrt level test morally wrong....I think most would say yes. Do I still do it?? Yep. Do I agree with regarding smoking weed in your home? Yep....I sure do! Does this make it morally right? I doubt it. I think you must distinguish right from wrong and never try and justify the things you do.

We are not perfect....young must understand this and live with it. I don't think it makes us bad people but I do not clasify it as morally right either. It's a slippery slope! I'm not sure if there will ever be a right or wrong answer because that will be different for every man.

Wait..so using hormones is automatically "BAD"? Why are hormones BAD? because we INJECT THEM? What's the difference between taking Vitamin D(a steroid hormone) and using some testosterone gel? It seems that INJECTING has some sort of negative connotation to you, when it's not inherently a bad thing. Injections are used to administer drugs--drugs used to treat, prevent and cure illness(like steroids).

If you think using VITAMINS is morally wrong, you lost me..

Or what about HERBS? Herbs that contain active components that are NOT naturally occuring in the human body?

Living a virtuous and moral life is about treating others with compassion, respect, and love; they way that YOU would like to be treated,(GOLDEN RULE)

Last edited:

What are you going on about. I just stated I like the quote from Arnie. I wasn't getting into a debate whether taking aas is morally correct. The quote had nothing directly to do with aas. I just liked the quote :D

But sure I agree with some of the things you say. What is in your head is most important for you. I don't care if many people think injecting themselves is morally wrong. Some of those same people cheat on their partners, are racist, bad parents... the list is endless.

Just live a life your proud of with no regret and simply be yourself whatever that truly is. Be fun and happy... hey be grumpy and quiet if that is truly you. If your life is full of happiness and fun surrounded with many people who love you then great for you... don't worry about what some idiot may think of you. But sure use common sense with things. There are laws so it's best to abide by them. I don't live in the US but over here there are still the same general opinions regarding aas. It's too late for me to be writing anything serious. Goodnight everyone.

BNS you do know you are oiling Q up for his show in a few weeks... did he contact you? ;)

Last edited:
Sorry, but this is racking my brain lol...

Are you saying that HRT is morally acceptable, but anything more than 200mg/week is somehow morally unacceptable? I just don't see the logic. What makes having higher hormone levels IMMORAL? Because you are stronger and more muscular than normal people? That's wrong? Who are you affecting?

Wait..so using hormones is automatically "BAD"? Why are hormones BAD? because we INJECT THEM? What's the difference between taking Vitamin D(a steroid hormone) and using some testosterone gel? It seems that INJECTING has some sort of negative connotation to you, when it's not inherently a bad thing. Injections are used to administer drugs--drugs used to treat, prevent and cure illness(like steroids).

If you think using VITAMINS is morally wrong, you lost me..

Or what about HERBS? Herbs that contain active components that are NOT naturally occuring in the human body?

Living a virtuous and moral life is about treating others with compassion, respect, and love; they way that YOU would like to be treated,(GOLDEN RULE)

Exactly

I would say 99% of people who are against steroids are simply against injecting... it is that ignorant. Fair enough if your taking them in a tested sport and cheating... that is morally wrong imo. Can't even be bothered going on... all I will say is when I said I was injecting b vitamins at one timeand mentioned it to my sis and people in work the look on their faces... like I was some sort of 'druggie'. I would say it is simply the most effective way of taking vitamins... they would simply say but your injecting. It's as simple as that. Most things are pretty basic... lots of ingnorant people out there. But hey they know nothing about bodybuilding and do not take any supplements so why should they know.

Alot of very good posts here and I agree with parts of most if not all of them. At the end of the day gentlemen every man has to look himself in the mirror at some point and accept who he is. Can we all improve parts of our lives and be better people? Of course we can as no individual is above that. A dose of humility is good for the soul. We are all imperfect products in one way or another. However, being able to look ones self in the mirror and be honest with who you are and what you value is as important as attempting to achieve constant improvement. Just my two cents guys, I respect all of the opinions in here and this is a good thread.

Exactly

I would say 99% of people who are against steroids are simply against injecting... it is that ignorant. Fair enough if your taking them in a tested sport and cheating... that is morally wrong imo. Can't even be bothered going on... all I will say is when I said I was injecting b vitamins at one timeand mentioned it to my sis and people in work the look on their faces... like I was some sort of 'druggie'. I would say it is simply the most effective way of taking vitamins... they would simply say but your injecting. It's as simple as that. Most things are pretty basic... lots of ingnorant people out there. But hey they know nothing about bodybuilding and do not take any supplements so why should they know.

YES!! You get it! :)

Spot on about the INJECTIONS too! SO IGNORANT!

Sorry, but this is racking my brain lol...

Are you saying that HRT is morally acceptable, but anything more than 200mg/week is somehow morally unacceptable? I just don't see the logic. What makes having higher hormone levels IMMORAL? Because you are stronger and more muscular than normal people? That's wrong? Who are you affecting?

Thats the thing alot of these stigma's people have are usually made up from ignorance. Usually an unknown to them so there is no logic in their ignorance. Some could just be jealous cos people are doing what they want but they don't have the balls to go for what they want in life... that could be anything. But usually it is just down to the unknown. In addition to laws involved... which fair enough is a good enough reason... trt is legal but self injecting high amounts isn't in the US. But alot of these people are unlawful in many other ways so I do think it is simply ignorance built up over time to form a general social consensus.

Added to all of the above is the fact we all have tiny penises and are insecure and stupid and just inject ourselves all the time and lift weights and are not fun cos all we think about his looking at ourselves and our muscles. Although that does describe some in my gym so they may be on to something :D

This is a good thread. For me (48 years old) I too was pretty selfish with 2 failed marriages under my belt and was working on a third I finally realized I couldn't change on my own. Pratically my whole life was about bodybuilding since I was 15 years old; everything I did revolved around eating and working out plus the other stuff some of us question as morally wrong. It was all about me until I took care of all my needs then I would have time for others.

I continued to fail miserably with my relationships and finally have figured it out for me personally. I grew up in the church but never paid much attention to the pastor but fortunately I had roots in the church to bring me back and start paying attention.

I have put my faith In God and through his grace and Jesus I am on a path that is setting me free from all of my past. I still fail as I am a sinner and will continue but I am forgiven. God has our best interest at heart and sometimes we are wondering where are you God? This is the time I believe we need to get on our knees and pray and reach up as he will take us by the hand and lead us.

Thanks Ross for the thread and letting me share this.

God Bless You!

Agreed, If you are not willing to put forth time and effort you will never succeed. Nicely Worded Post Big

Nice post Ross! Post more of your wisdom :)

A track star runs.....he isn't injecting himself with hormones his own body isn't producing. I think the two are very different

Ummm....I think you might want to retract that statement! I've got two words for you....Ben Johnson...and there were many before him and many after, that used/use hormones and a host of other ergogenic aides!!

Most things are subjective. When someone tries to put their moral stamp on something, it usually just coincides with their own personal beliefs and/or prejudices!! A person can be very small minded and possess a plethora of prejudices and still think they are the gold standard where morality is concerned!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatgazer
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity