Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Getting too fat in the offseason

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other. Please explain.

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

jp2007

Registered
Do you think the bigger problem for people getting in to contest condition (by todays standards) is getting out of shape in the offseason or simply not dieting hard enough?

Obviously if you don't have a lot of muscle getting great detail will be harder, but all I want to know is do you think the reason guys don't get in to shape is because they don't diet hard enough?

If you think it is something else, please explain.. I just want to hear different peoples points of view on this.

Im going with not dieting hard enough, plenty of people get too fat in the offseason but if you diet harder than hard you can get it back off.
Proly easier not too but just the same given enough time and effort you can get shredded if you got to pudgy off season. Just my .02

I saw an interview with Kevin Levrone where he was saying guys competing today don't diet hard enough. He said we would go no carb ls for 3 days, 7 days, 15 days whatever it took to get as dry and hard as possible.

I saw an interview with Kevin Levrone where he was saying guys competing today don't diet hard enough. He said we would go no carb ls for 3 days, 7 days, 15 days whatever it took to get as dry and hard as possible.

It hurts me just to read NO CARBS 7 days lol.

If you can find that interview again I would love to watch it.. I think it was one of the round table discussions on MD but I'm not positive.

I started this thread because an IFBB pro posted on his Facebook that he was going to stay leaner in the offseason and not take his weight so high so he can be leaner when he competes next.

I know that holds some truth, staying leaner will help you get leaner easier. At the end of the day though, I simply think it comes down to how hard you diet and suffer.

IMO, it is eating like a pig in the off season and putting on way too much fat.

I think it depends... I dieted my ass off in 2011, 2hrs cardio everyday, lower carbs, and fat burners ( if u check my threads in the past you will see how much fat I lost ), so dieted hard enough will get u into shape / contest ready but one thing I must say, if you have to kill yourself to diet, then off season u got to out of shape, and in a result of dieting so hard you will end up loosing muscle...
I'm keeping tighter off season now so I don't have to diet as hard but still get the same results without tons of fatburners etc just becuase I got to fat / sloppy :)

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
It killed me to get into contest shape in this pic (16wk transformation) I could put myself through it again.. But its not about suffering its about being smart and getting the same results :)
Started of @ 234lbs ended up @ 180lbs :( .. Should of been around 195-200lbd but I dieted so hard last 3weeks dropped 30lbs! Even tho I was shredded 5weeks outs, fact is dieting to hard can have a negative effect, being smart is the best way to be.

Attachments

• 208412_10150555223115487_639160486_18034473_2423549_n.jpg
    208412_10150555223115487_639160486_18034473_2423549_n.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_2148.jpg
    IMG_2148.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_8979.jpg
    IMG_8979.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
It killed me to get into contest shape in this pic (16wk transformation) I could put myself through it again.. But its not about suffering its about being smart and getting the same results :)
Started of @ 234lbs ended up @ 180lbs :( .. Should of been around 195-200lbd but I dieted so hard last 3weeks dropped 30lbs! Even tho I was shredded 5weeks outs, fact is dieting to hard can have a negative effect, being smart is the best way to be.

wow incredible transformation. But I dont think you could have been 195-200 you were obese before lol. dont go back to that:naughty:

wow incredible transformation. But I dont think you could have been 195-200 you were obese before lol. dont go back to that:naughty:

haha in these two pics i was 194lbs... but i came in @ 180lbs, didnt need to drop 14lbs from here, but durectics etc fucked me up :( ..
i agree tho! prep felt like hell lol... much smarter this off season :) last off season i wa 234lbs..
im looking to be 260+ before i diet down for my next show, me and the coach wreckon a solid yr will achieve this.. without getting TOO fat.. thanks bro

Attachments

• IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

Wow!! Man, that is a crazy amount of weight to loss that quickly. You average a 2 lb loss everyday. i didn't even know things this like that were possible.

Damn transformer.
I went through some crazy shit dieting but your transformation looks amazing

Wow!! Man, that is a crazy amount of weight to loss that quickly. You average a 2 lb loss everyday. i didn't even know things this like that were possible.

Thanks bro, I did loose 2-3lbs everyweek, but my metabolism from 4 weeks out went into over drive, and it was f*cking hard, just having chicken before u train lol , etc x carbs were never lower than about 125g, but what. Killed my physique, was the fat burners, duretics + cardio... Their was no need as I wasn't trying to make a catagory.. What I'm basically saying to this whole thread is, just because u work hard and try to do more than the rest, doesn't mean u will be better ie - a bodybuilder who trains 7 days a week 2 hours cardio everyday, and a body builder, who trains 4-5days a week and cardio @ 45mins -1hr everyday.... U just need to listen to ur body pay attention to the mirror know when to step up the gas, or when to hold back.. This is what. Coaches are for, we all know how to diet and get into shape right? I mean I can help my friends, but I can't help myself lol that's why I work with someone because a coach keeps u sane, pushes u when u need to be pushed and holds back when u need to hold back.. Problem with preps is we all get sucked in, all have that tunnel vision but it can lead us to do crazy things, more cardio , more supps, etc etc etc x
The way I feel about this sport, is you just need to be smart , and be clover with what u use, how long you use it, and time things correctly.. Its all about timing.....
I've learnt a lot from my past and mistakes and me and the coach are working wlel now in the off season, I've tried some shit it hasn't worked I've also tried oether shit and its working amazing... Trial and error!...

Damn transformer.
I went through some crazy shit dieting but your transformation looks amazing

Thanks bro, that transformation landed me a sponsorship here in the UK, and I placed very well at my first show only being 22 in those photos, I want to come back bigger, and same condition, with more fullness.. Its taking time , but I'm a patient man nowdays, and feel like I'm a lot in control this time this off season thanks to the coach!

haha in these two pics i was 194lbs... but i came in @ 180lbs, didnt need to drop 14lbs from here, but durectics etc fucked me up :( ..
i agree tho! prep felt like hell lol... much smarter this off season :) last off season i wa 234lbs..
im looking to be 260+ before i diet down for my next show, me and the coach wreckon a solid yr will achieve this.. without getting TOO fat.. thanks bro

awesome job.... what type of diet/training did you follow?

oh boy my math was way off :eek: I knew that didnt look right. :D

Anyhow great still one hell of a transformation.

awesome job.... what type of diet/training did you follow?

Training was mon - fri - chest, shoulders,backs,legs,arms
Diet was simple
Eggs + oats
Chicken + rice
Chicken + rice
Protein shake + 4 ricecakes and peanut butter
Train
Protein shake
Steak + potatoes
Shake + nuts

:)

U looked great bro, i myself was a victom of over dieting
I might have you help me with my next cut, great job

Training was mon - fri - chest, shoulders,backs,legs,arms
Diet was simple
Eggs + oats
Chicken + rice
Chicken + rice
Protein shake + 4 ricecakes and peanut butter
Train
Protein shake
Steak + potatoes
Shake + nuts

:)

This tread really caught my attention. Damn Transformer, ripped! Along with your outline above, what days and time of day did you do cardio? Also, if you dont mind me asking, what were your exercises, sets and reps for each? Sorry for all the questions but you really motivated me to kick things up and start kicking ass.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DRock1!
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131