over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ben Pakulski on intra workout nutrition

I'm never eat carbs pre workout again as long as I live. Training carbles for me im stronger, more stamina, more aggression and more focus. I hammer my carbs post workout and vein up real nice and muscles full nicely too. I've done pre workout slin and intra carbs etc and our was much easier to grow with no carbs pre workout.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Amen i hate even eating anythign before wokrouts. hate the feelling of food in my stomach. Feel more energy strength agression focus and wanting to do more if i dont eat vs eating

Amen i hate even eating anythign before wokrouts. hate the feelling of food in my stomach. Feel more energy strength agression focus and wanting to do more if i dont eat vs eating

Absolutely. I'll have a chicken breast just to make sure there's a little protein. Towards the end of a cut it will just be a tin of tuna. Not even convinced this is neccasery with gear and gh peps pre workout but like to just have a little bit of protection against muscle loss and this is a nice compromise

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

And I'm telling you that's not how he turned someone pro.
I never said it was.

I added the missing Info from the program he sells that is were he also states what u posted

Did u miss the whole discussion. You said people were adding bits to this he never stated. I was pointing out were he adds the bits those people were posting

The word "peri" means around. He says it means "during." Peri-workout nutrition would be your nutrition strategy "around" your workout; Pre, intra (this means "within"), and post. Some are starting to swap "peri" with "intra" when referring to their shakes and what not.

I read that too and was like "what?"

You guys correct me if I'm wrong, but the carbless pre-workout BPK advocates sounds solid IMO. It's 40 grams of Coconut Oil, that's about 360kcals from MCTs, which would be readly available as energy; versus the 160kcals from 40g of carbs one would normally consume in a traditional pre-wo meal/shake.

Wouldn't the carbless approach allow for a greater amount of lipolisis to take place during the training session (little to no insulin release); while readily supplying a surplus of callories to fuel the training session ? It might also mean a greater sensitivity to carbs post-workout.

Makes sense doesn't it ?

Last edited:
Good read.

Something I'm really trying to nail atm.

Knight.....

Could you elaborate more on what he did with your friend please?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

LMAO Such a salesman. He uses his "educated stance" and science to push sales. Not a bad biz model. He lures in a ton of people with his "educate and dominate" position, which is admirable, then uses that reach for sales.

Yes, he got to 300lbs on minimal carbs and MCT oil lol.

Il keep this real real simple. Can carbs make u crash preworkout and hurt your neural drive? ABSOLUTELY! if done WRONG lol.....

Option 1- low gi and time the meal so blood levels stabilize before workout starts

Option 2- time it (easier hi GI) so that the carbs are hitting as you are warming up and go right into muscles you plan to train.

Option 3- carb shake as you pump up (same idea as 2).

Personally i like 1 + 3 (also works better with aggressive PED protocols), but you need a looser schedule for it. most go with 2. 2 is also best for anyone WITHOUT a blazing metab

Phil...

The low gi carb meal pre workout.. ..is this usually a good few hours before the session begins?

You guys correct me if I'm wrong, but the carbless pre-workout BPK advocates sounds solid IMO. It's 40 grams of Coconut Oil, that's about 360kcals from MCTs, which would be readly available as energy; versus the 160kcals from 40g of carbs one would normally consume in a traditional pre-wo meal/shake.

Wouldn't the carbless approach allow for a greater amount of lipolisis to take place during the training session (little to no insulin release); while readily supplying a surplus of callories to fuel the training session ? It might also mean a greater sensitivity to carbs post-workout.

Makes sense doesn't it ?

What you said does make sense but does it work like this in theory?

One thing in common that these guys have: when they started it, they and everyone else could tell they had it.

Most of the guys I know who rely on "advanced" things, like timing shakes and crazy concoctions are pretty small compared.

I've noticed this as well. I'm all for a scientific approach, science is always useful. But I've noticed, too, that the guys who spout off science when it comes to everything from nutrient timing to elbow positioning are usually the 160lb guys who've been lifting for a year or two.

Then you have the mass monsters walking around the gym that tall about eating a ton and "supplementing" properly

I don't think it's a deal breaker. I'm a KISS person. Believe in macros. All these "scientific" little things don't make sense to me. But by all means, everyone should try different things and see how their bodies react.

No. Take what I write with a grain of salt.

I did date a girl who competed in amateur physique and know a few guys who compete in amateur leagues in my country and a few bouncers who are real monsters.

One thing in common that these guys have: when they started it, they and everyone else could tell they had it. Most of them are clueless and use VERY basic approaches, like sleep and eat a lot and lift heavy.

Most of the guys I know who rely on "advanced" things, like timing shakes and crazy concoctions are pretty small compared.

Myself, I got fairly big once, but couldn't stand being slow and having apnea, so I dropped my weight to around 205-210 with a low BF and I'm happy there.

I couldn't agree more, not to say there may not be some truth to what was written by the OP, but damned if it ain't complicated. As you said the KISS method is the way to go, and you can invest your time and energy into things that have more meaning like family or having some fun after work.

Much respect to those that do weigh every ounce of food they consume but it takes the magic out of it for me personally.

Phil...

The low gi carb meal pre workout.. ..is this usually a good few hours before the session begins?

Depends on the food. Lean meat should be pre with the carbs. Fish digests faster than ground chicken/turkey which is faster than reg chicken/turkey. The amount of meat also matters (pending your size). Longer protein takes to digest slower the carbs digest. Now the carb source also will digest and hit you at different speeds. Everyone digests differently. i digest slow as hell. You gotta play w it and see how you feel. When energy seems smooth and rising and stomach doesnt feel like food is sitting you are probably ready.

Depends on the food. Lean meat should be pre with the carbs. Fish digests faster than ground chicken/turkey which is faster than reg chicken/turkey. The amount of meat also matters (pending your size). Longer protein takes to digest slower the carbs digest. Now the carb source also will digest and hit you at different speeds. Everyone digests differently. i digest slow as hell. You gotta play w it and see how you feel. When energy seems smooth and rising and stomach doesnt feel like food is sitting you are probably ready.

Thanks. So you wouldn't ever have the meal pre workout just pro and fats like ben suggests....But the meal prior to that can be good low gi carbs and protein

Good read.

Something I'm really trying to nail atm.

Knight.....

Could you elaborate more on what he did with your friend please?

It was along the lines of...
8oz lean red meat
3 whole eggs
2 to 3 tbsp coconut oil
1+ cups of broccoli

About 1 hr pre.

It was along the lines of...
8oz lean red meat
3 whole eggs
2 to 3 tbsp coconut oil
1+ cups of broccoli

About 1 hr pre.

Ahh ok so still no carbs pre even when muscle gain is the aim? Cos you said the guy was huge and had carbs around the workout

Last edited:
Thanks. So you wouldn't ever have the meal pre workout just pro and fats like ben suggests....But the meal prior to that can be good low gi carbs and protein

uhhhh no.... no pro/fat meal. meal above IS preworkout. as carbs are being fully absorbed workout should be starting. timing.

like i said everyone is different. some dont need preworkout carbs some need more.

Everybody is different, just like everyone's reaction to gear is different, more so is the reaction to foods. I for one prefer massive amounts of carbs preworkout, I cannot train unless I have atleast 250g carbs pre workout an hour before training. And kinglewy I have to say opposite. Even though someone may not be using insulin your body still is making it and nutrient timing around workout is very important regardless of slin usage. I do massive carbs pre workout, massive animosity during and big meal post(carbs, pro,fats) remember it all depends on that persons reaction to foods. EVERYTHING revolves around persons reaction to foods

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Everybody is different, just like everyone's reaction to gear is different, more so is the reaction to foods. I for one prefer massive amounts of carbs preworkout, I cannot train unless I have atleast 250g carbs pre workout an hour before training. And kinglewy I have to say opposite. Even though someone may not be using insulin your body still is making it and nutrient timing around workout is very important regardless of slin usage. I do massive carbs pre workout, massive animosity during and big meal post(carbs, pro,fats) remember it all depends on that persons reaction to foods. EVERYTHING revolves around persons reaction to foods

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

:headbang:

What are do you find the best carb choices that most people seem to get on with pre workout?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity