over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

30 years of gear use-I'm starting to regret

Be sure to give a link to where you're selling all that stuff.

You've completely missed the point of Mike's post. He's written a ton about this stuff, go wade through his work, and see the kind of information he possesses to make recommendations.

All the brands he's recommended have no affiliation with him whatsoever.

Thanks guys!
I am now about 230 or so, pretty lean. I work out daily, I know I need to start the cardio again, after the back issue I haven't done much on that so far. Gear use has always been on the conservative side, never the 2+ gram guy even at contest time. I do have a habit of staying on wayyyyy too long with the lower doses though, one giant long cycle until I hurt myself, then I take time off. I think the last real time off was three years ago when I had my rotator cuff surgery. I eat pretty healthy, still the bodybuilder, I do cheat more though.
I just hate hearing the doctors crap when I go. They always seem like they are judging you. I know this is why I stopped going to my last renal doc, then I just buried my head in the sand hoping my issue would just go away my protein leakage went fro 2+ to 3+. No more denying.
My heart issue three years ago, they weren't too concerned then, told me to get the leaky valve checked in 6 months to see if it gets worse. Of course I didn't.

Staying on too long with prolonged periods of high BP and bad bloodwork is what led me to an aortic aneurysm. People focus a lot on high doses but it's the length of time on the doses that is even more of a killer.

Good thread!!

Living in pain isn't living.Get your self put back put back together and enjoy the rest of your life.Lots of good advice from some smart people.

Brother, like Nothuman said, we have so much more knowledge today than we id just 20 years ago. Not only can you stop further damage from occurring, but you can even reverse a good deal of it and hopefully live a long life.

Personally, I would avoid cholesterol meds and try natural options first. There are SO many OTC alternatives out there that not only work (in some cases as well as statins) for improving cholesterol, but they lack the negative side effects of statins, while also supplying numerous additional health benefits. If it is your cardiovascular system you are concerned with (which you should be), start taking steps to protect yourself now. If you have the money and love your wife (and the rest of your family), you will do so. There are too many stories of former bodybuilders dying in their 40's and 50's for you to not do something.

Here is a good place to start:

Citrus bergamot (brand: Jarrow) @ 500-1,000 mg/day (1-2 caps/day)
Super Bio-curcumin (brand: Life Extension) @ 400-800 mg/day (1-2 caps/day)
Pomegranate fruit extract (brand: Jarrow) @ 425 mg/day (1 cap/day)
Super K with Advanced K2 Complex (brand: Life Extension) @ 1 cap/day
Ubiquinol (brand: Jarrow) @ 100-200 mg/day (1- caps/day)
Super Omega 3 (brand: Life Extension) @ 2-4 capsules/day

* If finances are not a concern, take the higher recommended dose

These products will help combat and even reverse cardiovascular damage through multiple pathways. While there are other great supplements out there, I consider these to be among the best for general use. While some of the products here help to reduce blood pressure, if it is still elevated, you need to get that under control A.S.A.P. Hawthorn berry is a great, inexpensive option for reducing BP. Take 500-1,000 mg/day in 2-3 equally divided doses.

I take all of these every single day, as do my wife and children. I take other supplements as well, but these are always in the picture.

I just looked all those up that shit costs an arm and a leg. You could prob eat some garlic take some fish oil pills and eat some fresh fruits and vegetables and have more natural better results. Does everything always require hundreds of dollars worth of supplements Jesus Christ.

They do all look like good supplements I'm sure they do help. I just wonder sometimes if you can get all that from a good diet and exercise.

Last edited:
I just looked all those up that shit costs an arm and a leg. You could prob eat some garlic take some fish oil pills and eat some fresh fruits and vegetables and have more natural better results. Does everything always require hundreds of dollars worth of supplements Jesus Christ.

Sorry bro what u stated may have some correctness to it but those supps named are extremely helpful to people in this game. Yes they are expensive to a degree but to me the cost of your health should hav an unlimited amts of funds avail.. my son actually works an extra part time job to pay for those products for longivity/health. Its a choice for life. pro

Well if cost is an issue, get full blood work done and see if anything needs improvement, then add whatever supp you need. Or if nothing else, only take these while blasting/on cycle.

Time to start taking care of your health now. Its good to wait for your surgery for the back. But me personally would rather fix the sciatica first as well.

But having the disc fusion surgery I wouldn't do unless you cant take the pain and it doesn't allow you to work.

Once you have the disc fusion surgery everything below and above will start to deteriorate as well over time as a result.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. MM

Hey upeccmi, I'm 45 and put my body through hell too. I have a great doctor that does stem cell and IV detox. PM me if interested in his info.

Thanks for sharing! I've been at it for 15 yrs and I do worry now as i get older.

In retrospect, can you tell us what you would do different? Would you still juice and/or go heavy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually buy through Amazon. They have good prices and free shipping with orders over $35.

What don't they sell on Amazon!? I love that site and spend a lot there. The prices on there almost always seem to be lower than most other places. Shipping is cheap too usually. It is almost like if you cant find it on Amazon then it isn't for sale!

Maybe I'm taking your tone wrong, but if you're implying he's promoting his own sales, it's uncalled for. He doesn't sell supplements. Those are other companies brands. You clearly aren't familiar with him or the info. If you were a regular here you'd know better. Those recommendations are exactly what I'd tell him, right down to the LEF brand (save the pomegranate, I just drink the juice extract). They're echoed by many informed members here. He's not pushing product.

I didn't even realize he was being an asshole until now. I thought he was asking where to buy the stuff and then, after re-reading his post, I saw he was asking where I sold it. The funny thing is I have never sold anything in my life, let alone recommended a product for personal gain. I always wondered where guys like him come from. The periodically pop up out of the blue accusing me of secretly selling something...LOL. What a jack-ass.

Last edited:

I know it's expensive, man. The results are there, but you'll pay for it. Unfortunately, this kind of stuff just isn't cheap--and believe it or not, there are a lot of supps out there that cost a lot more.

On another note, all the compounds within those products are "natural". None of them are drugs. Of course, eating right is step #1, but supplements such as this can make a big difference for a lot of people. Of you are unfamiliar with them, you should check out some of the research on them--pretty impressive what these things can do.

They do all look like good supplements I'm sure they do help. I just wonder sometimes if you can get all that from a good diet and exercise.

No. These supplements contain compounds you can't get--in optimal quantities--from food, aside from the fish oils on pomegranate, but eating whole pomegranates/drinking the juice isn't any cheaper than taking pills and fish oil caps are both inexpensive and convenient.

Last edited:
Brother, like Nothuman said, we have so much more knowledge today than we id just 20 years ago. Not only can you stop further damage from occurring, but you can even reverse a good deal of it and hopefully live a long life.

Personally, I would avoid cholesterol meds and try natural options first. There are SO many OTC alternatives out there that not only work (in some cases as well as statins) for improving cholesterol, but they lack the negative side effects of statins, while also supplying numerous additional health benefits. If it is your cardiovascular system you are concerned with (which you should be), start taking steps to protect yourself now. If you have the money and love your wife (and the rest of your family), you will do so. There are too many stories of former bodybuilders dying in their 40's and 50's for you to not do something.

Here is a good place to start:

Citrus bergamot (brand: Jarrow) @ 500-1,000 mg/day (1-2 caps/day)
Super Bio-curcumin (brand: Life Extension) @ 400-800 mg/day (1-2 caps/day)
Pomegranate fruit extract (brand: Jarrow) @ 425 mg/day (1 cap/day)
Super K with Advanced K2 Complex (brand: Life Extension) @ 1 cap/day
Ubiquinol (brand: Jarrow) @ 100-200 mg/day (1- caps/day)
Super Omega 3 (brand: Life Extension) @ 2-4 capsules/day

* If finances are not a concern, take the higher recommended dose

These products will help combat and even reverse cardiovascular damage through multiple pathways. While there are other great supplements out there, I consider these to be among the best for general use. While some of the products here help to reduce blood pressure, if it is still elevated, you need to get that under control A.S.A.P. Hawthorn berry is a great, inexpensive option for reducing BP. Take 500-1,000 mg/day in 2-3 equally divided doses.

I take all of these every single day, as do my wife and children. I take other supplements as well, but these are always in the picture.

Great info here.

What a lazy ass response. We are trying to get him healthy.

If you can spend a couple hundred $$$ on some gear then u can throw that money on supps to save your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity