over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stevia and artificial sweeteners pre-contest

FranJ

Registered
Hi guys,

I'm 8 weeks out of my june show and this year I'm using Stevia in all my teas, coffee... I also drink sometimes diet coke, free sugar gums, and I still take some whey isolate which usually are full of artificial sweeteners.

I've talked with many competitors that at the end of the day ingest a lot of artificial sweeteners from drinks, gums, and such.

Do you think throwing stevia in some of my meals can hinder my progress to cut? I'm not getting any hunger rush, not even having cheat meals, so diet is in check, only thing is I'm using maybe too much artificial sweeteners, but it's hard for my mind to not use them...

Most of the competitors I know personally who compete at higher levels keep artificial sweeteners in all the way up to show. If it helps you keep your sanity, keep it in.

Most of the competitors I know personally who compete at higher levels keep artificial sweeteners in all the way up to show. If it helps you keep your sanity, keep it in.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing, but you know, the closer you are to the contest the less objective u are...!

I think as long as you don't dump the shit in there you're gtg.... im guilty of a lil Stevia and a lil Coffeemate in my joe.... I have it all the way til showtime

I keep it in until a few days out, never had a problem with them. Everyone is different, but for most of the people I know there are zero issues as long as you're using a reasonable amount.

I think its a small percentage of competitors who DONT use sweetners to get by. Hell if it keeps you from eating sugary foods then fuck it do what you have to do.

It may be subjective but for one show I kept a lot of Pepsi max up to the last day and with another I cut off all sweeteners around 12-10 days prior to the show. In the latter one I looked better even though other aspects of my preparation were pretty much the same. I guess it may be individual.

I keep it all the way through. Never a problem .. Only way I can shug 2 gallons of water is to use crystal light till Friday night or else no water will be had peak week

At the moment I'm using stevia on my oats... coffee... tea (2-3 everyday). Plus I'm chewing sugar free gum somedays. Still losing weight, I'll cut them 2 weeks out if my weight drop hinders.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saltseeker
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws