over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Price to prep for a pro show

thewizkid

Registered
old video of tom platz backstage secrets

So ronnie says at 33:10 in the video, takes $15k USD to get ready for a show, this was back in the day (more than a decade ago) so it's probably closer to $20-30k now. I see a lot of people claiming pro's don't use much, but $15k in drugs back then can't be little or moderate by any means. Note he claimed 12 week prep, sometimes 10, 1 show a year/cycle, last 2 weeks are NO juice, gh, etc. so really it a 8-6 week cycle.

Imagine slamming that much in your body in 8-6 weeks...

and no he's not talking about food, it's a video about steroids, gh, slin, etc.

So how much do you think the top pro's really took
I know 'it doesn't matter you'll never look like him', just curious what people think.

https://youtu.be/nZTty-tCWTc?t=1990

Last edited:
I'm just a gym rat,dad with a job,normal guy just getting going and I bet I spend an extra 10k a year when you count extra food,gear,gym fees,hgh,slin ect. Those guys on top spending that in 8 to 12 weeks are running alot of shit.

And just my opinion but whether or not you ever look like them depends more on how far you want to push more than any other factor

Last edited:
you don't actually think he "comes off" do you..???

at the time...???

:cool:

Ronnie is a chill bro

but I never got the impression that he was the brightest bulb in the box.

I would take whatever he says with a grain of salt.. not because I think he's lying, but because I doubt he knows/understands what he's saying

Ronnie said he was an accountant at one point in his life so I would like to think he possesses the grey matters to be on the bright side lol

Last edited:
Let me tell you I was the cycle guy 12 weeks 16 weeks... but when I went on a base of test cyp 750mgs, gh 5iu's for about 5 years, and then depending on goals cycled in npp, eq, tren, Winny in a rotation during those 5 years. Shit got real!!! My body got better and better and better until I got to about 265lbs at 45 yrs old and said wtf i'am I doing!!! I got addicted to be huge and shredded!!! And I didn't even compete...now I am natural no hrt nothing and about 240 with abs..... I cannot emphasize how important being consistant in diet and cardio is to your goals!!! Not just a month but being consistant for year after year.....true story whether it's right wrong it's true from just an average guy. ...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ronnie said he was an accountant at one point in his life so I would like to think he possesses the grey matters to be on the bright side lol

I read that too. I don't mean to be negative but anyone who has watched one of his series should know he is not the brightest. He is the example I always use when talking about guys who over complicate things in BB and the most important thing is being consistent with the basics. Obviously he was a genetic freak but he literally didn't have a clue about diet etc. He just got a diet sheet and followed it... day in day out. He done that, trained super hard and took lots of drugs and there you go.

I remember watching him try and talk about the protein content in a bison meal and it was painful. Plus he has his own supplement range and when I seen him talk about the products he literally doesn't have a clue. Ronnie is great but put it this way I don't think he could would make a good BB coach and he is one of the best BB's of all time. Every single one of the other top guys I would say the complete opposite about (make great coaches).

Thewizkid... what are you talking about? You are guessing how he took this out so it was just a 6-8 week prep etc. As Tenny alluded to the guy probably never come off ever. We can only speculate but don't think he only went for it 6-8 weeks. Every pro takes different amounts... some low and some extremely high... just like everyone else. I think HGH is the main expense for most of them. I remember Big A saying he used to spend a fortune on HGH every year... I forget but it was over $20k. Some of the guys I know really struggle to stay on HGH but they do it. Most have to get UG stuff and occasionally use pharm (usually prep time) even though they don't really have the funds to be getting it. BB is a struggle for most people.

Ds44 so you were on all those drugs and weighed 265. Now you are completely natural and are 240 with abs. When did you come off? Do you have any pics from at your best and of you right now?

Last edited:
Alot of that money probably went to Chad Nichols lol. I do wonder what those pro coaches get paid much more than how much gear a pro uses.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I read that too. I don't mean to be negative but anyone who has watched one of his series should know he is not the brightest. He is the example I always use when talking about guys who over complicate things in BB and the most important thing is being consistent with the basics. Obviously he was a genetic freak but he literally didn't have a clue about diet etc. He just got a diet sheet and followed it... day in day out. He done that, trained super hard and took lots of drugs and there you go.

I remember watching him try and talk about the protein content in a bison meal and it was painful. Plus he has his own supplement range and when I seen him talk about the products he literally doesn't have a clue. Ronnie is great but put it this way I don't think he could would make a good BB coach and he is one of the best BB's of all time. Every single one of the other top guys I would say the complete opposite about (make great coaches).

Thewizkid... what are you talking about? You are guessing how he took this out so it was just a 6-8 week prep etc. As Tenny alluded to the guy probably never come off ever. We can only speculate but don't think he only went for it 6-8 weeks. Every pro takes different amounts... some low and some extremely high... just like everyone else. I think HGH is the main expense for most of them. I remember Big A saying he used to spend a fortune on HGH every year... I forget but it was over $20k. Some of the guys I know really struggle to stay on HGH but they do it. Most have to get UG stuff and occasionally use pharm (usually prep time) even though they don't really have the funds to be getting it. BB is a struggle for most people.

Ds44 so you were on all those drugs and weighed 265. Now you are completely natural and are 240 with abs. When did you come off? Do you have any pics from at your best and of you right now?

haha that's true mate. in that sense he don't . Chad did all the work. Chad's side kick hany use to call Ronnie and say...

Hey Ronnie Chad wants to see pics please can you send them thanks lol

he just followed a plan.. throughout his career ..

He use to say to Chad ...

Chad please bring me looking the biggest for the manions show guest pose , this as you would know all the pros guest pose.

Rich Gaspari on the other hand was very scientific and knew way he was doing EVERYTHING so Gaspari making his supp line makes sense . Ronnie doesn't lol

he is far from a Compton or B Pak who know what they are doing inside out . They don't have ronnie's genetics like you said but they sure as hell know what they doing and maximising everything to their advantage ..

I'm sure the 15K estimation is(gear, gh, food, supps, coach, massage/chiro, show fees, room/board/travel)

Last edited:
Not much has changed from Ronnies time to now if it was 15k then it's probably the same now give or take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably less now with all the meal prep companies sponsoring all these althetes food supplies

Probably less now with all the meal prep companies sponsoring all these althetes food supplies

Exactly. Most pro's get a lot of things for free. They are usually covered but food was one area they had to pay out for. Now with all these food prep companies you notice lots of the big names recommending a company and the reason why is they obviously get their meals for free. That alone must save a lot of money as these guys eat a lot.

El,

Let me clarify, the test (750) and growth (5ius) I stayed on all year round. The other drugs I rotated in and out At various times of the year. Like summer months a would rotate some tren. Winter months npp. I think you get it now...If I had stayed on all that stuff at once I would be dead. But I was allways on the test and growth. I did use AI'S as needed... I have the shitty blood work to prove it, cholesterol was terrible hdl was consistant 8, my blood sugar high from growth etc..... I have pics but I would never post up due to tattoos that could easily identify me....i'am about 6'1 so fairly tall. I'm not the 5'4 body builder 265lbs.....

Anyway, the point of my post is this, I learned my self by staying on with gh and test, as long as could and by adding additional anabolics here and there, and then keeping my diet consistant changed body completely.... I think the biggest thing that's not talked about alot is how important cardio is to one self. For me personally cardio allowed me to shove in more calories to a point which in turn allowed me to feed the androgen /anabolics and gh..... El, I have no reason to lie. I understand your thinking oh boy another bs'er on the board. But you can't deny what i'am saying here....

Here's what I regret, not learning earlier in life how important diet, cardio, and how the body responds, before adding peds. Now for me it's about getting blood work right while trying to save muscle from age. I may dabble again but not any time soon ....

Oh let me say this when it comes to training, learn your body find out what excersizes work best for you. Know what body parts are your gifted parts and what ones you need to work harder on...for me if I looked at bent rows my back got bigger. But my dam bus and tri's I had to work my ass off to have them catch up.....

Would love for a pro to get on here and debunk this bullshit.

I think all that was bullshit aside from the dangers of diuretics.

I think Coleman said he graduated from accounting school couldn't find a job so eventually a friend found him a job as a cop.

Perhaps thats why he WAS, but not anymore.
Mr. Coleman, so am I getting a refund this year?
"yeah buddyyyyyyyy!!"

takes $15k USD to get ready for a show, this was back in the day (more than a decade ago) so it's probably closer to $20-30k now.

I would think just the opposite. Everything is cheaper now. Think about the MOST costly thing and how prices have dropped. Everything is more accessible.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvier woods
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws