over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BCAA's vs. EAA's

2swole79

Registered
Guys I've always just kinda mindlessly sipped my aminos throughout the day...until the last year or so when I've added in an INTRA drink of aminos plus intra type carbs....had great success doing so. However, I'm a bit confused as to the pros and cons of BCAAs vs EAA's I was under the impression that EAA's were a bit superior as they supply all the needed aminos that the body requires through diet for protien synthesis into muscle, however I've noticed in Dante's thread we've got going here he says he just uses BCAA's with pom. juice for his INTRA and that it's primarily the Luecine doing the work anyway...I do understand the significance of Leucine and why it stands out. But also on his companies website in the blog he also claims that he's noticed more physique improvement by sipping BCAA's throughout the day than any other supplement....So what's the deal which is superior, or is one superior at certain times vs the other....my main concern is building my own INTRA considering the false label claims on so many premade products. Can we clarify and discuss? Thanks!!!

Dante has a shake before and after workouts...or a shake before and real food after. Therefor, his full amino acid profile is present when consuming additional bcaa intra.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Can't comment on what others do. Recently discovered leucine is the only of the 3 bcaa that activate mtor and contribute to Muscle building and preservation

Let's be real, how much is it going to matter? BCAAs are pretty standard or just add both if you want

I believe our own homon aka dr Scott Stevenson wrote about the differences and applications of aminos eaa vs. bcaa

Let's be real, how much is it going to matter? BCAAs are pretty standard or just add both if you want
It matters.

I stopped using intras since the Prime scam. Now I just take taurine, ribose, glycerol, and citrulline malate pre workout on their own. I get leucine already from my pre workout meal if I have whey. If not, I'll take a teaspoon of it too.

Leucine or BCAA's are like the switch for protein synthesis, but you need to draw from an amino acid pool after protein synthesis has been triggered.

EAA's with added leucine would be my advice.

From what I recall 3-6g of leucine is whats needed to trigger mTOR optimally.

Thanks Swifto, that sounds pretty logical and was what I was kinda leaning to, esp INTRA...as far as throughout the day BCAA's in between regular meal that already contain complete protiens, should suffice then based on what other have said above or would EAA's still be superior then?

It matters.

I just really doubt there would be a real world measurable difference between using BCAAs vs EAAs on top of all the other standard and/or exotic performance enhancing drugs most guys on here are using...

If anyone thinks they are missing out on anything whatsoever by using one over the other, just use both.

I prefer to eat Whole Organic eggs(6) for BCAA content.

Over the years bought every brand etc I can think of BCAA and EAA and honestly never felt like I noticed anything. I've read all the supposed benefits .... for me the results weren't there

Can't I just sip WPI throughout the day and get the same benefit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped using intras since the Prime scam. Now I just take taurine, ribose, glycerol, and citrulline malate pre workout on their own. I get leucine already from my pre workout meal if I have whey. If not, I'll take a teaspoon of it too.

Prime scam...Are you referring to JM's product Intra MD?

Leucine or BCAA's are like the switch for protein synthesis, but you need to draw from an amino acid pool after protein synthesis has been triggered.

EAA's with added leucine would be my advice.

From what I recall 3-6g of leucine is whats needed to trigger mTOR optimally.

x2

Although I personally don't over complicate things too much. I know the above is optimal but sometimes I just buy a BCAA's or EAA product I feel like buying and use that alone. As long as your consuming quality protein (meat and whey isolate etc) frequently you should be gtg. You definitely want a full spectrum of aminos with a high dosage of leucine for optimal results.

I have used both throughout the years and I found no difference at all.

I buy whatever is available or on sale, if its EAA's great if it BCAA's great too.

KISS :lightbulb:

Over the years bought every brand etc I can think of BCAA and EAA and honestly never felt like I noticed anything. I've read all the supposed benefits .... for me the results weren't there
You and I both man, I've taken it at different times... Different brands, followed the so called protocols that people suggest and recommend and saw no difference other than feeling bloated on some brands vs others. I've heard some "prep" coaches recommend people not take them and sight them as an issue for bloating with other people. Idk just my own personal experience, I always felt better when I saved my money and spent it on food and gear... The only supplements I hVe been taking outside of gear lately has just been a couple protein bars with me at work in between meals at work or before a work out and a decent Pre-workout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner