over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dallas McCarver Autopsy Report Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do agree with this statement (especially now as I'm becoming a lot more concerned about heart health), the issue with doing high intensity cardio during prep is added stress/elevated cortisol levels.

You can't expect to be able to handle a tough diet, tough training, and still be able to sprint every other day. I still think one can easily do cardio that elevates HR up to mid 130s with very minimal stress (7-8% incline walking at a comfortable pace?), and while that's not as good at HIIT for heart health, it certainly is good enough to elevate HDL to pretty good levels.

I'd personally keep HIIT to 3 times a week during prep. Anymore and you're risking greater stress, any less and you're neglecting heart health, especially when loaded with all the wrong compounds.

Definitely not. I made the mistake of doing HIIT every day and it was too much and unnecessary. Studies show just TEN minutes of HIIT per WEEK has been shown to be very effective. It's good stuff if not overdone.

He was on 10g of Test per week minimum based on that level; I'm sure it was already mentioned here but fuck if I bother to read 18 pages back.

Live by the gun, die by the gun.

So what do you all consider HIIT? I personally rotate between jogging and fst running (not max effort sprinting) for 10 rounds (20 minutes) and average about a HR of 160 throughout (runs as high as 170 and as low as high or mid 150s). Other times I'd 30 seconds max effort 30 pretty easy stuff on the elliptical and I average about the same, maybe slightly higher.

Is there an actual benefit to doing real interval training as opposed to just having an elevated high rate for extended periods? I know most studies on HIIT don't actually have people go max effort, but rather somewhere in the range of 80%+, which is pretty easy to do.

I usually do 2 days per week of MISS (120-140bpm) on a bike, and 1 day of HIIT which for me is a 5min warm up at 120bpm, 10x15 seconds all out sprint on the bike (this could either be at low or high resistance, as long as I'm going as fast as possible) and 45sec going at a slower place, ending with a 5min cool down. 10min doesn't seem like a lot but man when you're going all out it's tough.

I used to like sprints a lot but they are certainly riskier...I'm only in my 20s but even so I can get some pretty intense cramps if I haven't done them in a while and if you're not properly warmed up and trained then hamstring tears are a real risk. For me it's not worth it and I stick with the bike.

Alternatively, one could play a sport and in my opinion get a lot of the benefits. I play 45-60min of tennis in place of my biking when I get the chance.

I usually do 2 days per week of MISS (120-140bpm) on a bike, and 1 day of HIIT which for me is a 5min warm up at 120bpm, 10x15 seconds all out sprint on the bike (this could either be at low or high resistance, as long as I'm going as fast as possible) and 45sec going at a slower place, ending with a 5min cool down. 10min doesn't seem like a lot but man when you're going all out it's tough.

I used to like sprints a lot but they are certainly riskier...I'm only in my 20s but even so I can get some pretty intense cramps if I haven't done them in a while and if you're not properly warmed up and trained then hamstring tears are a real risk. For me it's not worth it and I stick with the bike.

Alternatively, one could play a sport and in my opinion get a lot of the benefits. I play 45-60min of tennis in place of my biking when I get the chance.

Sports are a great way to stay fit. I personally enjoy running a lot more than doing intervals. I find that, overtime, running (not jogging) for 20-30 minutes 3 times a week keeps me pretty fit (cardiovascularly fit). Too bad it also messes with my ankles which makes leg day a bit of a hassle at times.

Studies have shown that HIIT does in fact spot reduce belly fat even in absence of a deficit (but not likely a surplus).

Last edited:
I am not one to preach about health but I have no clue how anyone can do over 3 grams, I never touched 2, maybe for a week or 2. a gram of test makes me feel like garbage, I just don't feel right. to think this guy was doing who knows how much test 4-7 grams and weighing 330 pounds, I don't care how good his genetics were he must of felt like complete dog shit, how could he not see and feel this was bad, very stupid. I would rather be 170 pounds and feel good, all about how you feel. for me at least

I myself felt like death, when I tried it, as it was only a few weeks built up to a max dose from a taper.

I don't see how people tolerate huge doses of GH I couldn't take more than 6 iu's a day of sero's and even less of the chinese generics because of the sides.

I see a lot of people posting about orals and those were the worst things out there could never tolerate more than 30 mg dbol for short periods and even strol and var crashed my lipids so hard it was scary.

Insulin only worked for me in the very beginning, and never went hypo cause never allowed my sugar to go low.

I don't know how anyone stays on AAS year round even avg board members and don't stroke out from RBC's. It really didn't matter dosage so much for me as it was time on, since RBC's live for 4 months after production.
And sleep apnea - was death to me, been on CPAP since 2007.

I remember Reggie White died in his sleep in very early 40's because of sleep apnea.

I was surprised that Piana didn't die sooner in his sleep because of painkiller use and the risks of respiratory failure during sleep.

I think thats the issue here though. People post about curcumin and health supps thinking its going to undo the damage of the massive amounts these guys are taking. You are fooling yourselves if you think that.

You have been on the boards probably as long as me - we always see preventative supplements mentioned to lessen stress of drugs heck all the way back to the 90's Liv-52 was like the holy grail for oral users.

I have taken supplements during my heavy days and did see a little improvement but nothing as you state will protect from chronic abuse.
However I'd rather take a lot of supps and get blood work and take script meds if needed and treat my apnea and drain blood to reduce the damage I think it helps.

I honestly think most of these guys are walking corpses from the sides, for me it made no sense to take shit and have sky high BP and high heart rate and not be able to eat or train maximally. Orals killed appetite, GH hands were so numb couldn't grip the bar shit like that, out of breath sweating all the time, with enormous surges of BP during max lifts and then there was the mood swings up and down hormone levels etc. One of my girlfriends way back told me I was worse than a woman on the rag when on a cycle. :)

I like my staples D3 bromelain C E omega 3' s, B's, baby aspirin get bloodwork treat my apnea love hate relationship with cardio take my BP med stopped the heavy shit long ago. I can't count how many guys I grew up that are dead, cause they ate like shit lifted heavy did drugs never got bloods etc.

In these various videos where it shows the "a day in the life of blank" and you see the guys walking around their bedrooms or waking up. You never see cpap's in any of their rooms. Sometimes I wonder if these guys can be that naïve about that, or just for the video, they take it out because it can shows a chink in the armor of their health and doesn't fit the "hardcore" image they're going for. Food for thought, anyway.

In these various videos where it shows the "a day in the life of blank" and you see the guys walking around their bedrooms or waking up. You never see cpap's in any of their rooms. Sometimes I wonder if these guys can be that naïve about that, or just for the video, they take it out because it can shows a chink in the armor of their health and doesn't fit the "hardcore" image they're going for. Food for thought, anyway.

My CPAP is one of the best moves I've made for my health. Maybe some of these guys do it see it as a weakness? I see it as just the opposite though.

Anyone tried any of these companies that just sent the device to your house and then you send back for results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone tried any of these companies that just sent the device to your house and then you send back for results?

I actually did that. They sent out the device. I tested. Sent it back. Been a few weeks and haven't heard anything. I need to find their number lol.

I actually did that. They sent out the device. I tested. Sent it back. Been a few weeks and haven't heard anything. I need to find their number lol.

Keep me updated if you wouldn’t mind

I was going to say the same thing. I'm all for health supplements but I'm concerned that people will think they're just fine blasting grams of gear just because they're taking some CoQ10.

I took everything under the sun that has even the slightest bit of evidence for cardiac health and I STILL had heart issues and no noticeable recovery even when I came off gear (still 80mg TRT). It wasn't until I dropped 20lb, did more cardio, stayed off the gear, and took medication (valsartan) that I saw a real improvement.

Right. It is like thinking if you wear a bicycle helmet you might very well survive being shot in the head with a 357 magnum.

On the topic of cardio, the vast majority of pros do worthless cardio when it comes to heart health. 45-60 minutes of walking 3.0mph on a treadmill is a joke when they are on pre-contest stacks, let's be real.

Yes, that is good for losing bodyfat but not intense enough to increase the performance of the heart.

I don’t think anyone is recommending HIIT more than 3-4 times per week, at least I wouldn’t. But 3-4 times a week at 10-20 minutes isn’t going to have any impact but positive.

Yeah. I think most physiologists would say that 10-20 minute sessions would be plenty and be better healthwise for the heart than doing 60 min sessions of walking. Its not long enough to negatively affect muscle growth or healing either. In some aspects it might help some muscles heal faster because of the increase in circulation, pumping such a large volume of blood so fast. As long as you don't accumulate a lot more lactic acid or other muscle breakdown.

Yes, that is good for losing bodyfat but not intense enough to increase the performance of the heart.

Yeah. I think most physiologists would say that 10-20 minute sessions would be plenty and be better healthwise for the heart than doing 60 min sessions of walking. Its not long enough to negatively affect muscle growth or healing either. In some aspects it might help some muscles heal faster because of the increase in circulation, pumping such a large volume of blood so fast. As long as you don't accumulate a lot more lactic acid or other muscle breakdown.

American-Heart-Association-Recommendations-for-Physical-Activity

would love how they interpret moderate activity. seeing the picture walking with a dog is more like a joke..
Pumped interprets MISS as 120-140 bpm. in my opinion, that is still not MISS but LISS.
Since i do 140 minutes of MISS (142-151 BPM for me, i try to be around 70-75% for my MISS) and 2 HIIT Sessions a 18 Min (warmup, 5 cycles where i bring HR to 170-174 each cycle, cooldown) my cardiovascular health got much better from "feeling". I have a cardiologist appointment in 2 weeks, then i see where i stand.
But one thing is for sure:
I am able to do 45mins of ~150 bpm MISS alot easier right now than i did 3 months ago. I was completely out of breath then. Now much much better..

I think a big part of this comes down to blood work and check ups. Dallas was young so probably negated it like most of us did when we were younger. Now many of us put together a supplement cycle just to stay healthy on hrt vs putting together a real cycle. Even though genetics plays a huge role I’m sure the pro’s who load up on all the health supps, get check ups and blood work, wear a cpap,etc.. have an advantage of life expectancy vs those who don’t. You always hear everyone saying Ramy is gonna go next,etc.. I bet Ramy and everyone else at Oxygen are actually the last to go. They probably get weekly bloodwork and mri’s,etc.. as they have nothing but time and unlimited $$.

Last edited:
I think a big part of this comes down to blood work and check ups. Dallas was young so probably negated it like most of us did when we were younger. Now many of us put together a supplement cycle just to stay healthy on hrt vs putting together a real cycle. Even though genetics plays a huge role I’m sure the pro’s who load up on all the health supps, get check ups and blood work, wear a cpap,etc.. have an advantage of life expectancy vs those who don’t. You always hear everyone saying Ramy is gonna go next,etc.. I bet Ramy and everyone else at Oxygen are actually the last to go. They probably get weekly bloodwork and mri’s,etc.. as they have nothing but time and unlimited $$.

I otoh think the arabs don't give a flying fuck if they die, ins'allah. No serious doc is going to assist in this insanity nor is there much they can do.

would love how they interpret moderate activity. seeing the picture walking with a dog is more like a joke..
Pumped interprets MISS as 120-140 bpm. in my opinion, that is still not MISS but LISS.
Since i do 140 minutes of MISS (142-151 BPM for me, i try to be around 70-75% for my MISS) and 2 HIIT Sessions a 18 Min (warmup, 5 cycles where i bring HR to 170-174 each cycle, cooldown) my cardiovascular health got much better from "feeling". I have a cardiologist appointment in 2 weeks, then i see where i stand.
But one thing is for sure:
I am able to do 45mins of ~150 bpm MISS alot easier right now than i did 3 months ago. I was completely out of breath then. Now much much better..

It also depends on one's cardiovascular conditioning. When I first started getting back into tennis I'd easily be at 140+bpm. Now even if I'm purposely moving more than I need to be I still only get to around 120-130bpm.

I just did HIIT this morning, 10min warm up and 10x15 second all out sprints on the bike....my heart rate never got above 150bpm. I literally couldn't have gone harder on those sprints but even directly after them that's all it got up to. I might start extending them to 20sec but they are quite hard.

I did a VO2 max test 2 months ago and got to 194bpm at the very end so it is certainly possible to get my heart rate elevated but it just takes more time and intensity. For me to get to 150bpm takes a decent effort. For an out of shape 250lb bodybuilder they may get up to 150bpm just walking on an incline. My resting HR is 40-50bpm, theirs might be 90bpm.

Still though, it's mostly semantics as to whether its LISS vs MISS. I tend to think of LISS as 110-130ish bpm and 135-150 as MISS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear