over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you put your physique before women?

just teasing..

but it's just another one of those things...

-the few guys who have somehow found wonderful women wonder why every other guy can't 'there must be something wrong with you bro!'

-fucking boomers wonder why millenials didn't just buy houses 30 years ago when they were cheap.

-rich people born into wealth wondering why all these homeless people dont just buy houses.. 'do they like living outside or something???'

same old story

Fuck me, do a show and miss gems like this thread...? Another bad trade deal

Aside from the (amazing) original topic, but I'm somewhere between maldorf and LS on this one

Lots of guys can't seem to find 'good wimenz' and for sure, there are plenty of bad ones but truly...a lot of these guys aren't great catches themselves - they're attracting a similarly shit product to themselves, maybe bad luck but I think more likely through whatever law of physics applies here

On the other hand I can only think of one "pretty good" guy who consistently hasn't been able to find someone decent

Aside from the (amazing) original topic, but I'm somewhere between maldorf and LS on this one

Lots of guys can't seem to find 'good wimenz' and for sure, there are plenty of bad ones but truly...a lot of these guys aren't great catches themselves - they're attracting a similarly shit product to themselves, maybe bad luck but I think more likely through whatever law of physics applies here

On the other hand I can only think of one "pretty good" guy who consistently hasn't been able to find someone decent

i can think of a number of really good guys whom i know personally who got destroyed by 'good' women who turned bad shortly after the assets and continued income were locked in by state via the providership contract.

the timing was suspicious to say the least

just teasing..

but it's just another one of those things...

-the few guys who have somehow found wonderful women wonder why every other guy can't 'there must be something wrong with you bro!'

-fucking boomers wonder why millenials didn't just buy houses 30 years ago when they were cheap.

-rich people born into wealth wondering why all these homeless people dont just buy houses.. 'do they like living outside or something???'

same old story
Well, I didn't have it easy. My first marriage only lasted 2 years and she had an affair. I didn't throw in the towel though and declare that all women are money scrounging whores. I got back on the saddle again and met a good one. I think a lot of it is looking for a good women in the right place. I made sure my new wife was as smart or smarter than me and had good potential in making a living. She is smarter than me for sure. Another thing, it makes more sense to marry a smart woman that can earn a good living because when you have kids they end up with even better genes. Im improving the gene pool!

Exactly. A lot of it depends on where you meet them. My current wife and I met at graduate school. I was earning a masters in Exercise Physiology and she was earning one in Geophysics. We both taught college undergraduate lab classes. So we were both smart and good academically. Takes hard work to get there too.

While I was there I dated quite a few other young ladies. One was a really hot undergraduate from Miami. We kissed some and she threw herself at me one night but I just didn't feel that much for her and we didn't have much in common. She got naked but I said no to her. It just didn't feel right. You don't have to take every cookie that is thrown at you.

Well, I didn't have it easy. My first marriage only lasted 2 years and she had an affair. I didn't throw in the towel though and declare that all women are money scrounging whores. I got back on the saddle again and met a good one. I think a lot of it is looking for a good women in the right place. I made sure my new wife was as smart or smarter than me and had good potential in making a living. She is smarter than me for sure. Another thing, it makes more sense to marry a smart woman that can earn a good living because when you have kids they end up with even better genes. Im improving the gene pool!

marriage never makes sense to a man of means.

a man who marries is either naïve, marrying into wealth... or a fool.

Millenials ! The breakdown of the family system is one reason things are so messed up these days. There is no commitment to much of anything with young people today. So many kids are being raised in single parent homes, mostly by the women you despise.

How do YOU distinguish between naivety and foolishness?

For me...naive = not enough data to make an informed decision
Fool = decisions appear uninformed despite plenty of data

Millenials ! The breakdown of the family system is one reason things are so messed up these days. There is no commitment to much of anything with young people today. So many kids are being raised in single parent homes, mostly by the women you despise.

-prior generations destroyed the family structure by incentivizing divorce through cash and prizes (alimony, child support, property settlements).

-prior generations also made it incredibly easy to divorce (no-fault divorce signed into law in CA by then-governor Regan).

-prior generations voted the government massive amounts of power (and thus the incentive to keep gaining more and more power) in return for the promise of cash and prizes financed by future generations.

so yes, once again.. here we are laying the blame on the milenials for the massive shit mess created by prior generations - almost entirely the boomers.

How do YOU distinguish between naivety and foolishness?

For me...naive = not enough data to make an informed decision
Fool = decisions appear uninformed despite plenty of data

that sounds about right.

a guy asked me why Im not getting married.. I explained it to him, showed him the figures, laws, court cases.. he just couldn't get it.

he looked at me like I had two heads when I explained that an unmarried relationship is essentially the SAME EXACT THING as marriage, but with very, very little risk by comparison.

"but like.....why not just marry the right girl bro?"

some people can't be helped.

-prior generations destroyed the family structure by incentivizing divorce through cash and prizes (alimony, child support, property settlements).

-prior generations also made it incredibly easy to divorce (no-fault divorce signed into law in CA by then-governor Regan).

-prior generations voted the government massive amounts of power (and thus the incentive to keep gaining more and more power) in return for the promise of cash and prizes financed by future generations.

so yes, once again.. here we are laying the blame on the milenials for the massive shit mess created by prior generations - almost entirely the boomers.

that sounds about right.

a guy asked me why Im not getting married.. I explained it to him, showed him the figures, laws, court cases.. he just couldn't get it.

he looked at me like I had two heads when I explained that an unmarried relationship is essentially the SAME EXACT THING as marriage, but with very, very little risk by comparison.

"but like.....why not just marry the right girl bro?"

some people can't be helped.

Well, marriage isn't for everyone. Apparently you are one of those people. I hope that you don't father anybody out of wedlock though. I still believe that kids deserve to be born into a married household with a father and a mother.

I hope that you don't father anybody out of wedlock though. I still believe that kids deserve to be born into a married household with a father and a mother.

an unmarried relationship is the best form to raise a child in.

that way, when she destroys the family to receive cash and prizes, the man will not owe her alimony - so he will have some money to spend on his children and himself.

ive seen loving fathers have everything stolen from them, have to move out of their own homes into some 1 bedroom apartment... work 20 extra hours a week

so the ex can sit on her ass with her new boyfriend (because hubby is paying for everything), all while never letting the father see his children.

the rules to the game have changed.. so adjustments must be made.

I wish it were otherwise.

who knows? maybe i'll just marry the right woman.

an unmarried relationship is the best form to raise a child in.

that way, when she destroys the family to receive cash and prizes, the man will not owe her alimony - so he will have some money to spend on his children and himself.

ive seen loving fathers have everything stolen from them, have to move out of their own homes into some 1 bedroom apartment... work 20 extra hours a week

so the ex can sit on her ass with her new boyfriend (because hubby is paying for everything), all while never letting the father see his children.

the rules to the game have changed.. so adjustments must be made.

I wish it were otherwise.

who knows? maybe i'll just marry the right woman.
:confused:

She is smarter than me for sure. Another thing, it makes more sense to marry a smart woman that can earn a good living because when you have kids they end up with even better genes. Im improving the gene pool!
But by marrying you, she's making the gene pool worse, right? ;)

I kid I kid, you seem like a genuinely good dude Maldorf :D

But ultimately this argument you will lose, because the two of you are arguing on different avenues. LS is purely logic-based, which is why from an academic standpoint he will come out on top here...primarily because from a sound, logical viewpoint, he is 100% right. When you start arguing about marriage being necessary for family values, you're really arguing a social system that we follow just because it's been around forever. You're arguing emotions (finding the right woman) and an unwritten "order" (marriage is a necessity for family) against an emotionally-detached (which logic must be), sound reasoning system.

Your personal beliefs on what makes a "good family" has very little to do with whether or not getting married is ever a genuinely GOOD idea/proposition for a man. Sure, you may get "the right one", but how many guys thought they found the right one and got utterly decimated in court a year or two later? They were just as convinced with that woman as you are with your current wife. You both threw the dice, and you happened to get the better roll. That other guy...he's paying for life for one bad throw on a craps table.

Marriage is for women, 100%. It was initially intended as a financial assurance in case a woman's husband died. Now, it's financial assurance in case he wakes up one day and doesn't like her anymore, or if she decides she'd rather go back to playing the game. You can choose to play into that system or not. LS's choice is more logical. You decided that you wanted to make a woman you love your wife (this was an emotional choice you made for her sake) because you think it's the right way to raise children. But make no mistake, if you and your wife had the same loving bond you have now and had had your kids outside of wedlock, I don't doubt that your life would resemble exactly what it is now. What's the alternative - you didn't marry you so she decided she didn't love you? Having a living human child with someone is more of a REAL commitment than marriage can ever be.

But ultimately this argument you will lose, because the two of you are arguing on different avenues. LS is purely logic-based, which is why from an academic standpoint he will come out on top here...primarily because from a sound, logical viewpoint, he is 100% right. When you start arguing about marriage being necessary for family values, you're really arguing a social system that we follow just because it's been around forever. You're arguing emotions (finding the right woman) and an unwritten "order" (marriage is a necessity for family) against an emotionally-detached (which logic must be), sound reasoning system.

Your personal beliefs on what makes a "good family" has very little to do with whether or not getting married is ever a genuinely GOOD idea/proposition for a man. Sure, you may get "the right one", but how many guys thought they found the right one and got utterly decimated in court a year or two later? They were just as convinced with that woman as you are with your current wife. You both threw the dice, and you happened to get the better roll. That other guy...he's paying for life for one bad throw on a craps table.

Marriage is for women, 100%. It was initially intended as a financial assurance in case a woman's husband died. Now, it's financial assurance in case he wakes up one day and doesn't like her anymore, or if she decides she'd rather go back to playing the game. You can choose to play into that system or not. LS's choice is more logical. You decided that you wanted to make a woman you love your wife (this was an emotional choice you made for her sake) because you think it's the right way to raise children. But make no mistake, if you and your wife had the same loving bond you have now and had had your kids outside of wedlock, I don't doubt that your life would resemble exactly what it is now. What's the alternative - you didn't marry you so she decided she didn't love you? Having a living human child with someone is more of a REAL commitment than marriage can ever be.

a kindred spirit :welcome:

One problem today is couples not having commitment before they have children. The breakdown of the family is a big problem today for kids and one of the reasons for so many trouble teens these days. So many grow up without a father. This is particularly true in the black community where 70% or more grow up without a father in the home.

"There is a direct link between no father in the home and an increased chance that the child will drop out of high school, go on welfare and have a criminal record. This is particularly acute in the black community, where over 70 percent of black kids are born outside of wedlock."

Without Fathers in the Home, Black Children Are at Risk

This is also true in other communities, just that it isn't as high as 70%, but it does hold true across the board. It is always a stat that increases risk.

When parents don't marry it is much easier to just walk away and split up. Marriage shows commitment and helps to hold parents together through tough times. Too many give up so easy these days. I think marriage should be done in cases where the man and woman have kids. If the man and woman decide not to have kids then I see absolutely nothing wrong with not getting married. I am coming at this from the standpoint that it needs to be done for the children since married couples as a whole stay together longer than non married do. Being raised by both parents in the home is superior to just one. Stats show this.

When parents don't marry it is much easier to just walk away and split up.

this is true. marriage certainly makes your relationships more complicated.. (not better)

and it gives the man enormous consequences should he leave.

this tends to cause women to alter their behavior dramatically after the nuptials. they will get fat, naggy, etc.. because they know that if you leave them, you lose everything.

Marriage shows commitment and helps to hold parents together through tough times.

marriage makes the man completely committed to the woman, and the woman less committed to the man.

it gives women financial incentives to abandon their families.. which they do in droves, just look at the breakdown of the African American family after the creation of the welfare state.

before marriage, their contributions to the partnership are voluntary. if one does not appreciate the way the other is behaving, they can leave.

after marriage, the woman is guaranteed the man's continued provision with or without him in the relationship. So she doesn't have to be committed to him at all... because his commitment is signed and notarized, and enforced by the state.

about half of marriages end in divorce, and 70-80% of those are initiated by women.. i wonder why?

divorce in Australia absolutely skyrocketed after alimony legislation was put in place.. i wonder why?

I think marriage should be done in cases where the man and woman have kids.

married parents are not beneficial for children. the are MUCH better off being raised by two parents who are in an equal relationship (IE unmarried), wherein the woman does not receive cash and prizes for destroying everything.

I am coming at this from the standpoint that it needs to be done for the children since married couples as a whole stay together longer than non married do.

assuming this is true, how often is the relationship only continuing because the man doesn't want to be financially eviscerated AND lose his children? i have 3 buddies who have told me that 'when the kids are 18, im out'

Being raised by both parents in the home is superior to just one. Stats show this.

this is true.

which is why it's even more important for a man to never marry. then he will only owe child support, and not alimony.. so he will have some money to spend on his children and himself... instead of sending everything to his ex wife and her new boyfriend so they can take the kids to disneyland as he sits on his bucket eating lukewarm ramen in his studio apartment.

it's hilarious how Greenearth hit the nail right on the head.

my side is logical and factual, the other side is emotional.

and here i am... still trying to use logic and facts to convince men who are thinking with emotion over to my side.

oh well.. it's a rest day :eek:

here's a nice story of a man who was so abused by the family court system that he self-immolated

https://abovethelaw.com/2011/06/man-literally-sets-himself-on-fire-on-the-courthouse-steps/?rf=1

la-de-dahh... just a man, who cares?

they are just disposable bricks to build up and maintain the system.

we can always make more

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
theswede