over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC style training

Ok so what I tried today felt good. I did one warm up set followed by one hard 8 rep set. Took 10 breaths then went to failure, straining on the last positive for about 5 seconds, took 10 breaths then kept on till complete failure in the first rep: took about 5 sets total.

I must say that the workout I described above is what I'm assuming to be the best bicep workout I've ever done. Based on the amount of soreness it caused and the fact that my biceps are still quite sore several days later. And I actually took 5 breaths between sets, not 10. Dunno why I wrote that. Each breath was about 4 seconds long, so 20 seconds between sets.

Last edited:
Hell just YouTube DC training. The original DC training DVD with Jason Wojo is on there. I remember buying that DVD back in 2006/2007

i rmbr paying a hefty fee for intl shipping, but was real worth it!

btw, is Jason and the other guy(in the training cd) stil active in bodybuilding?

Wojo and an old member here if I remember correctly... bulldog something or other.

Franco Dattilo. I like the banter between him and Wojo. The only thing that stands out to me as odd in that video is that they don't do a widowmaker for quads. Their rep scheme is the same as back thickness exercises.

Franco Dattilo. I like the banter between him and Wojo. The only thing that stands out to me as odd in that video is that they don't do a widowmaker for quads. Their rep scheme is the same as back thickness exercises.

I still stay in touch with both of them via instant messenger. Yesterday even...both great guys. Jason has a PHD, went on to get married and does alot of volunteer work and Franco is married with children and working in the Bio-medical industry

Dante,

On your Instagram page, or here, could you please one day outline your tips for squats? I've been utilizing your three exercise rotation in my own workouts and can smash my logbook, but squats are one exercise that I either just maintain strength on or inch forward at a much slower rate than other exercises.

I'm 6 feet tall and that obviously sucks as being tall sucks for almost everything in bodybuilding. I think you said you're 6'1, so I'm sure you've found out how to adapt the exercise for your bio-mechanics. Right now I'm high bar, shoulder-width stance, parallel. I've tried widening my stance and I don't feel as sturdy. Do you think height dictates whether someone should squat high bar or low bar?

Hack squats are my most responsive leg exercise. Progress is always fast and consistent.

Thanks in advance.

I must say that the workout I described above is what I'm assuming to be the best bicep workout I've ever done. Based on the amount of soreness it caused and the fact that my biceps are still quite sore several days later. And I actually took 5 breaths between sets, not 10. Dunno why I wrote that. Each breath was about 4 seconds long, so 20 seconds between sets.

I found that I love one set 'destroyers' for smaller parts like biceps or delts. I did a set of 30+ alternating DB curls, PR=crushed,. The intensity of rest pause or widow makers only remain uber valuable if you keep the volume down.

See i just dont agree with that.
Bodybuilding is about gaining muscle mass. Everyone and their brother knows I dont like the flat bench press (i believe its not an if but when you tear your pec).
Ive repeatedly told people to raise their rep ranges with age....at 34 is usually the time i raise their rep ranges.

Everyone is always worried about getting hurt in this sport. I am 53 years old man and I still train as heavy as I possibly can in the rep ranges i deem safe. For myself (on work sets) thats 16-24 on rest pauses and 13-16 on straight sets with some few exceptions. If i tear a muscle on a 16 or a 24 rest pause....thats just bad luck man. I dont want 45 year old guys grinding out 5's and never have. I have never gotten how that has gotten so convoluted and confused over the years. I think everyone knows I am all about progressive weights and they automatically think 3's and 5's and 6's......I dont get it.
If you take that exercise today with 50lbs for 20 reps and in 2 years you are doing 150lbs for 20 reps you just gained a boatload of muscle mass there is no doubts about it. Muscle mass comes from progression regardless of the rep range.
Ive said this before and Ill say it again. If you wash up on a deserted island and there is a shoulder press machine on it and you want to get bigger shoulders you can only do one thing and one thing only. You have to keep lifting heavier and heavier for reps in a safe rep range to get larger shoulders. There is nothing else you can do. You can start at 40x20 and go up to 100x20 over time and stay there but you will only get as large at the 100x20 adaption allows you to.......you are going to have to make your way up to 150, 200, and 250 x 20 to get even larger.

No way you are 53! I checked out your IG, you look 33 and my wife agrees :), I am grateful for everything you taught me and so many others through your writings and supplement company over the last decades.
I am training with a much higher rep range now as you recommend for us 40 plus lifters.
Good tips on you IG will continue to check it out.

No way you are 53! I checked out your IG, you look 33 and my wife agrees :), I am grateful for everything you taught me and so many others through your writings and supplement company over the last decades.
I am training with a much higher rep range now as you recommend for us 40 plus lifters.
Good tips on you IG will continue to check it out.

Same here. I'm 55, today I did lying tricep extensions for the first time in forever, my first RP set I failed at 21 reps.......lol. A little higher than planned but why not!

Dante,

On your Instagram page, or here, could you please one day outline your tips for squats? I've been utilizing your three exercise rotation in my own workouts and can smash my logbook, but squats are one exercise that I either just maintain strength on or inch forward at a much slower rate than other exercises.

I'm 6 feet tall and that obviously sucks as being tall sucks for almost everything in bodybuilding. I think you said you're 6'1, so I'm sure you've found out how to adapt the exercise for your bio-mechanics. Right now I'm high bar, shoulder-width stance, parallel. I've tried widening my stance and I don't feel as sturdy. Do you think height dictates whether someone should squat high bar or low bar?

Hack squats are my most responsive leg exercise. Progress is always fast and consistent.

Thanks in advance.

I just put something up on IG for you

I just put something up on IG for you

I saw that! Thanks so much, Dante. That was fast!

Through your experimentation and training people is this how you really came to believe in mechanical positions and the stretch under load? That it seemed for some people, in this case, "normal" rep cadence just didn't work for them and that a certain part of the range of motion needed to be emphasized?

I'm definitely a believer in what you say about mechanical positions. In fact, it's caused me not to believe in absolute strength anymore. That we are only as strong as our muscles can contract within a certain position and range of motion. Too many times I've added a decent amount of weight to an exercise and seen no carryover to another. Like I said in my previous post, my body loves hack squats. I've added over 90 lb to it in just under 2 years and I'm obviously still having squat issues. Another example is adding 40 lb to my JM Press, but it didn't improve my chest pressing poundages. There will be exceptions if the exercise is almost identical, but overall you definitely have to, as you put it, get weird with it and find the mechanical positions that work best for you as an individual.

been doing DC stretches for chest and back and can tell a difference already. my pecs are lagging a bit but I can tell it is growing at a decent rate now. Not sure if I should contribute that soley to the stretches but I feel like it does something.

Curious what you would do for back/lat stretches? I do deadhangs but feel like my grips gives out too soon to get the most out of it, even with straps.

Will implement stretches on all muscles as of now

Hi DC, with the current trend of intermittent fasting and carb back loading, do u still adhere to cutting off carbs in the evening? to tighten up

Following you on insta and some good info on there already.

Will you be doing videos about extreme stretching for all muscle groups? I watched the quad and shoulder already.

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi DC, with the current trend of intermittent fasting and carb back loading, do u still adhere to cutting off carbs in the evening? to tighten up

I think a diet should be built around protein first and then secondly good fats and fibers/veggies etc. I think carbs should be the method used to gain or lose (most of the time). I like most carbs to come in directly postworkout...if someone is trying to get dramatically larger the next meal they add carbs to is pre workout....if that still isnt moving the needle then the meal after the postworkout meal is next on the list. Its all a matter of what someone is trying to accomplish to me, how tight they want to stay, and the goal sought.

Reactions: D2
Following you on insta and some good info on there already.

Will you be doing videos about extreme stretching for all muscle groups? I watched the quad and shoulder already.

Thanks a lot in advance

Yea its kind of weird there is alot of stuff I throw at Dusty and others and I say "i dont know man dont you think people will find that boring?".....and they say "no man put that stuff up there...its commonplace to you but not others"

Ive been trying hard to find my comfort zone with IG...I am a very private person so its not easy for me. I finally did it because Dusty and a few others were on my ass to get on there.

Yea its kind of weird there is alot of stuff I throw at Dusty and others and I say "i dont know man dont you think people will find that boring?".....and they say "no man put that stuff up there...its commonplace to you but not others"

Ive been trying hard to find my comfort zone with IG...I am a very private person so its not easy for me. I finally did it because Dusty and a few others were on my ass to get on there.

DC, have REALLY been enjoying your IG stuff. It really is hugely appreciated

been doing DC stretches for chest and back and can tell a difference already. my pecs are lagging a bit but I can tell it is growing at a decent rate now. Not sure if I should contribute that soley to the stretches but I feel like it does something.

Curious what you would do for back/lat stretches? I do deadhangs but feel like my grips gives out too soon to get the most out of it, even with straps.

Will implement stretches on all muscles as of now

Obviously I'm not DC, but look up the doorknob stretch for lats.

Dante, do you suggest just protein, fats and veggies on off days for someone looking to gain size? I’ve been really enjoying your Instagram posts.

Dante, do you suggest just protein, fats and veggies on off days for someone looking to gain size? I’ve been really enjoying your Instagram posts.

I better be clear on this because i know how this can get misconstrued...it did in the past.

Alot of people take in 6 meals a day.....2 or 3 of those meals are usually protein drinks or maybe even EAA drinks.....I would rather someone eat almonds or cashews with that meal to go along with it than carbs there. Nuts or Two tablespoons of peanut butter etc something to that effect.

With meals I want people to pound food....if its at a restaurant, eat the salad first, then the steak and then all fiber veggies and if still hungry... carbs last.....hopefully you wont be hungry and skip most of the carbs, sometimes youll eat all of them...sometimes not....I find that kind of plan works very well in the longrun on keeping someone lean....I try to fill people up with greens/fibers along with their steak etc and they get full and the baked potato gets skipped.

I totally realize when someone goes out to breakfast the normal fair is eggs and toast and hash browns and etc etc.....so i tell people "order up (and extra 2-3 eggs) to make it 5-6 eggs, go head and eat the toast or english muffin or whatever, try your best to skip the carbs that come along on the plate in the meal (potatoes/hash browns) and see if you can get cottage cheese/spinach/asparagus/tomatoes/ avacado whatever you can do to satisfy your appetite. If that doesnt do it and you want a bowl of oatmeal or whatever at the end Im totally fine with it....again it was the slight lessening of carbs in the meal that adds up over time to a leaner bodybuilder in the offseason....where you normally would eat the potatoes, you instead substituted for that and so you can eat your normal toast and oatmeal or (whatever)......its just a conscious decision to try to lessen the carb intake of your daily diet and replace those lesser carbs with things that you are happy with. (more protein and fiber and veggies you like)

At home when making meals....i put up a post yesterday about cauliflower rice and mashed cauliflower.....again chow down in your home meals...dont leave the table hungry but you just ate a huge steak or chicken dish and you switched the 2 cups of white rice you usually eat along with it for 2 cups of cauliflower rice (with whatever condiments you want on that rice because thats your prize for dramatically lessening the carb content) ... taking in almost a 10th of the calories and carbs but with the same volume of "rice"

I hope that makes better sense to everyone. The importance in my opinion should be on protein and good fats ... make that your baseline....and then use carbs as a tool to stay tight or gain weight (but have patience because thats where many people go wrong "oh man i didnt gain 15lbs this month I am going to dramatically increase my carb intake and then they end up fat and unhappy")

The above gets tossed in the garbage sometimes with people who have serious trouble gaining weight (like myself back in the day)....in those cases you really have to shovel in the carbs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyjoe8605
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity