over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Monogamy, Ego, Hormones

• Thread starter Deleted member 106824
  • Start date
You must be brave and honest, if you stay with her because you do not want to hurt her and you are afraid that she cannot get ahead or start a family, it will only cause discomfort, pain and frustration for both.

There are plenty of women out there that are smart, successful, and earn as much or more than you. I think some men have the need to marry women that are intellectually inferior to them so that they feel superior. Some guys feel threatened and inferior if their wife earns more than them.

This is true, its cultural and still relates to the gender roles of past eras. A strong woman (physically), independent (economically) and with a high culture, is threatening to most men. Obviously, there are not many women of that features because the ideal of woman who still is promoted is a sexual symbol/object or a weak and vulnerable princess.

Define logos, ethos and pathos as they are in your life. Then you will have perspective to move forward.

^ most awesome reply yet

For me personally, I have zero regrets giving up random hookups. I was early 30s when I met my partner/the now mother of my child. I had already been through multiple long term relationships and many, many casual hookups. I didn't find what I was looking for in any of those, despite having some great moments and satisfaction. I was looking for something deeper.

I found what I was looking for in my son. I care tremendously about my partner and will forever structure my life to center around providing care for her and my son.

Nobody can tell you what you are looking for. I just didn't want to play musical chairs through my 30s and into my 40s (easy for a man) and end up like some people I know who are alone after doing the same thing through their 30s and 40s. I got lucky because I met the perfect for me woman and have a beautiful boy with her, so there's no way I have regrets :)

Relevant story I thought of last night after my last reply here.

In my office there are 5 docs and like 30 female assistants/techs/etc....all of the doctors are married with kids and seem relatively happy. It's known that one of them had an affair with a former front desk girl so that's a whole thing lol but on the whole I think they're all happy there. Or relatively so. The women in the office who are married, they all seem to speak highly of their husband and kids. Then there are the other half of the women who are single and bitter lol. Talk shit on men, stories of cheating, shittiness, etc...they definitely are not as happy.

Now that's single and bitter women. We don't have single highly accomplished men in the office for me to compare to so it's hard to say.

Unfortunately, whatever I choose I'll probably always wonder. Leave her, and wonder if I made the worst decision of my life. Stay with her, and wonder if I was meant for more and had more potential (which again, is an ego statement for sure).

If you’re second guessing it, I’d get out.
Look, all my friends that are married complain and come home to a nagging wife, my dad says to not get married.
If you get married and cheat etc and get caught, half of your stuff is GONE by the court.
There are great women out there, but you’re only 28.... you can date hot women in there early twenties for 10-15 more years if you make good money and stay in shape man.
My family member who I posted about that was shot.... he had tons of money and I swear , was single until 78, he has 2 daughters now, they’re 18 and 20.... he waited all those years because he had cash and didn’t want to lose it as he liked to go out and pick up young chicks. Now his wife at the time was 33...... call me a liar if you want but that’s real lol

I feel like I'll always question it though lol. Unless I'm like 40+ and magically snagged a high quality 25 year old who wanted kids with me then I think I'd always wonder about what else was there.

Regarding your friends and dad saying not to get married, I'm sure everyone has their bias and different groups of people sway different ways, but see my story above.

For what it's worth, my dad says the opposite and is highly in favor of marriage. Says the happiest period of his life was when he was in his 30s with me and my brother as young kids. My dad's 4 brothers are all divorced and do not have their lives as well together. My one uncle is a multi-millionaire and has been with hundreds of women but recently divorced, one estranged daughter, cheated on his ex wife all the time, etc...not what I want.

I'm sure I could tell plenty of stories favoring either direction. I seem to be having a very hard time figuring out what's best for me.

im in the same position with the friend's and father lol..

it's wild... but guys keep marching down the aisle to their destruction.

OP, it sounds like you're rather conflicted... it's fine to be that way, and you may be this way for a long time... possibly forever.

marriage for a man is already an insanely bad idea, but going into a marriage with the amount and type of internal conflict that you are displaying is unspeakably unwise.

Slice is speaking facts here.... echoing this “marching down their aisle to destruction “

Marriages these days are a bad deal for men. Even if you did nothing wrong, she divorces , and then you lose half of your stuff, alimony, and possibly child support... I forgot, lawyer fees.

Be careful OP, I think Slice has this one covered. Look at the divorce rates, the lowest birth rates since the early 1900s, the laws never equalized for men and until they do, marriage is a bad deal.

But this is your choice in the end, use logic and not emotion because that legal document could ruin you in every way possible.

Well, as I said, she's ok with not having a legal marriage. But she wants the commitment from me. And if we have kids, I'm not going to abandon them.

I think I mentioned this earlier but if kids weren't in the mix, this wouldn't be an issue, I wouldn't likely consider marrying anyone anytime soon. But if you want to have kids, I think the kids deserve the best possible environment which involves having their parents together in their lives.

"The problem with treating other people as casual sex partners is that you simultaneously treat yourself that way" - Jordan Peterson

Our actions are a byproduct of our psyche; our psyche is influenced by a million things (including the stuff we inject). But you reinforce your actions by the repeated things you do. Your 87th luxury car isn't going to be nearly as fulfilling as your first, and guys are somehow surprised when they reach this conclusion :)

Yes, I knew right away who you were quoting. I'm a big fan of Jordan Peterson. I know he would say he is against my ideas of continuing to sleep around. He is very in favor of marriage and that it is a vow to be treated seriously. He is also in favor of having kids and says they add dramatic meaning to your life. I'm sure he would tell me to look inside myself and ask why I feel this need to sleep around.

You're also right about the hormones. I do wonder how much of this is because I use TRT. Though I think my family in general just has very high libidos. My brother and sister (before her current relationship) were both very promiscuous as was I before taking any AAS. And my TRT levels are mid-range so maybe it's just me.

Like I said when I cum, my immediate though for the next 10min is how dumb it sounds to give this up. Then later that day my mind can be going crazy with more thoughts of scores of women.

And going back to what you said about reinforcing actions, that's part of what I mean. I do wonder how much of my inability to be monogamous is because I normalized casual sex, cheating, etc and as we know once a barrier is broken down it becomes easier and easier to engage in that pattern. Same with drugs, committing crimes, anything really.
This! If you are ready to be married then you would know for sure, there would be no doubts in your mind. I cheated on my now wife a couple of times when we were just dating and the sex was lousy, even though the girls were hot. The whole time I was screwing them I was thinking about my future wife. Kinda sad, but that's one way I knew that she was the lady for me. We had a fight and it looked like we were going to break up, but got back together a few weeks later.

My first wife had an affair, so I know what that feels like. I would never do that to another human being. Youll now when or if you are ready to marry. I wouldn't necessarily break up with your girlfriend, but I think the two of you need to have a serious conversation about what you both want out of the relationship. Don't keep leading her on if she wants to settle down soon and have kids, be monogamous, etc.

Hey Maldorf, thanks for checking in. Does your now wife know about the cheating?

So, this is kind of how this manifested. I do think about my girl a lot. And when I have been...less than ideal...my thoughts have often gone towards her. But not always. Plenty of times I was wrapped up in someone else. My girl and I talked about it all this summer and she was kind of blindsided. It sucked. To her, I was her prince charming, she was so happy to be in our relationship. I always figured I'd get over this desire for others and it would take care of itself. But it's still there...though to a much smaller degree than when I was still in school and residency...if I was back in a university setting I might be more likely to end it, but being in the real world now with a stable job, stable environment, friends having kids, etc....the idea of hooking up a lot is certainly less appealing than it was years ago.

I don't want to lead her on and waste more of her prime years. She is 28 as well and thought she'd be having kids in the next year or so. I feel awful if I broke up with her and wasted her prime dating years to find the right guy. I know I could be that guy, but don't want to resent the relationship because I'm not able to sleep around.

Honestly, if I'm not on the dating apps it's not even like that's THAT much temptation. There's the occasional girl at the gym and she goes there too so that wouldn't be an option, and the occasional patient who I shouldn't be sleeping with anyway, so really at this point it's only here and there if I don't seek it out.

Well, where I live I haven't met too many women like that in graduate school. I met some in undergrad and they were fun for a few dates, but I realized fast that that's all they were good for. I wouldn't have dreamed about having a long term relationship with them. Certainly wouldn't "take them home to meet mom".
If the girl isn't as smart as me or more I'd not be interested. If she wasn't organized and successful I'd not want to be with her. With my first wife I didn't follow that, and I paid the price. I knew after that experience what my mistakes were. I got married too young, 22 yrs old.

There are plenty of women out there that are smart, successful, and earn as much or more than you. I think some men have the need to marry women that are intellectually inferior to them so that they feel superior. Some guys feel threatened and inferior if their wife earns more than them.

No I agree and I’ve actually been very picky the last year or so and have slowed down on the hooking up and meaningless bullshit.. Main reason is to focus on myself but I also figure if I want a high caliber woman then I need to be (we are what we attract in most cases) higher caliber myself...

I haven’t dated or been with anyone with the exception of one casual sex partner in a bit over a year which is a major downsize, especially where I’m at where (not bragging but the truth) you can have 1-3 new girls a week without even trying...

It’s not me just talking shit but the women (and men) out here are ridiculous and crazy.. I know you might have seen some of the stuff I talk about in your days or where you are but here it’s the vast majority unfortunately..

It’s just hard to find a high quality person in general where I am when the city is so about high social status and partying etc.. People here care more about what you have and what they can get out of you more than anything else..

It’s like Joe Rogan says on his podcast;

“If you want to go broke, open a book store in Miami.”

Intelligence and being well rounded/accomplished takes a huge back seat here..

OP it really does sound like you’re very conflicted.. And in part, sounds like you’re sticking around because you feel bad to hurt her when a part of you isn’t happy.. What sticks out is you reasoning saying things like; “She’d be 29 and past her prime” etc...

29 is not passed a woman’s prime.. Far from it.. Sure, it’s subjective and she might feel that way or the way she is (introverted) might make it seem that way.. But honestly, it’s not your job to feel bad for her for being introverted or not having friends or being super nice and accepting of everything etc...

I’ll give my personal experience and the experience of some older friends of mine...

Im the same age as you guys (29) and have similar feelings to you, no relationship at the moment but have been in your shoes and I live in a city (South FL) where there’s hot 10’s everywhere you turn your head and they’re a dime a dozen so I get not being satisfied and being super sexual etc.. I’ve been with 100’s of women myself and sometimes wonder about ever settling down etc but I also don’t have a relationship or love “clouding” my mind at the moment so I can think a bit more logically about the subject.. I’m not opposed to being serious with someone but I’m very picky about what I want with someone who’s going to be “forever” so they definitely have to have what I’m looking for but also, I’m not worried about it. If it comes in 1 year or 10 then so be it.. I’m really good at being alone (happily) and not codependent in the slightest so that helps.. Lots of people can’t do that (not saying this is you)..

You said earlier you knew a couple that was about 20 years apart with the girl being 22 and the guy being in his 40’s and to be honest, no fucking wonder it failed, 22 year olds are monkeys.. Nothing more.. lol That goes for both sexes despite the 0.01% outlier you might be able to make an example of, the majority don’t have their mind right at that age..

But a lot of guys who I know who’ve had successful and happy lives/relationships had them later in life... I know a couple guys who in their late 30’s/early 40’s had great careers making really good money/owning businesses and they ended up finding really good 28-32 year old women (not 22 year old GIRLS) and it’s worked out very well for nearly all of them..

So I look at it the same way.. I have so much more to accomplish in my life and my “forever” could be just 18 right now figuring herself out too and we might not meet until 10 years from now in Germany..

(Traveling I a huge goal of mine and do it often but I would love to just pick up and go for months/years at a time just bouncing around so that’s why I make the example... Can’t do that in a relationship, or at least not most relationships)..

Anyway, I guess what I’m trying to say is that life is short and only you obviously know how you really feel but don’t ever hold yourself back because of someone else’s feelings, that to me is a bigger regret than letting someone great go.. And don’t focus on what would change and the heartache etc.. Thats a mind trick.. Of course things change and it hurts but she’s not the ONLY woman left in the world man and I don’t believe there’s only one person for everyone... There’s probably hundreds more women out in the world you’d have a great match up with, and dare I say, a better match up?

So that 22 year old that went out with the 42 year old....that was the same girl I mentioned earlier in the thread that slept with her high school teacher, college professor, etc...she never slept with the 42 year old, just went on a date and said it was weird but that's just because he was dumb and focused on the age and apparently didn't know how to even kiss lol. Point being she would have been open to sleeping with him if he knew what he was doing. But she was not a super quality girl clearly and I would agree with you most girls that age aren't the best (though better than most guys that age).

I am highly critical of women's behavior and if I know they've cheated or fucked around a lot I usually won't date them. I've fallen hard for some of those girls and maybe I was too hypocritical and harsh, but I know there is a significant correlation between past promiscuity and cheating and future cheating so I never wanted to go down that road. That's one of my concerns with a 28-32 year old....often a lot of mileage and they're often scornful of men if they're still single at that point.

For the record, I don't have any worries about not find another women. Would they be as perfect for me as her? I don't know...she really is the most compatible women for me I've met out of hundreds. But certainly there have been other great women along the way.

Yes I'm extremely conflicted. I'm usually more decisive but this has been plaguing my thoughts for years. My brother is the same way, he's been with probably 2-300 women and never really been monogamous. Good looking, confident, etc. And we always talk about the issue of settling down vs how much we love picking up women.

pumped, is it really a big accomplishment to bang random chicks? It`s not that hard, it does not make you unique or special, lots of people do it all the time! How many people have a partner that has their back for real, can push you to be a better person in every way, how many are actually happy? There are so many self-centered D bag men (and women) that only care about being pleased and filling their immediate needs with no regard for the other person or what they need! Does your girl fit into their? Do you fit in there? Sounds like you kinda do (constant need for more instant, ego pushing gratification of new pussy), maybe I`m wrong. If either is a YES, move on and let her go. If one person is only a "receiver" and gives nothing, it will not work.

To all the talk of wedding march of doom, blah blah.... Men often suck too! I don`t hang in the bro club, we do no wrong, but see reality. I`m married 11 yrs, we disagree sometimes, that`s life. We are not snowflakes that melt under a little heat. She wanted to start a business 11 yrs ago and I said throw some shit to the wall and see what sticks. That business is still going strong. She wanted to go to medical school, I said, I know you can do it! She just graduated. In that time she also pushed me to go back to school and I have just finished as well. We make each other stronger. The key is that you are both giving not just monetary, but emotionally, sexually, physically.

Good message. Yes, I was definitely the self-centered one. She has been a much better partner to me than I was to her. Sometimes I wish I could go back and not have dated her, not because anythings wrong with her but because when we started years ago I was clearly not ready. Despite loving her. But the past is the past and now we're both 28 and I'm trying to ignore the fact that I've been less than ideal (though again, in her mind I've been amazing and she wants to be with me). I would agree with you I'm self-centered and despite a life of delayed gratification (school, working out, etc) I do greatly push for that ego boost and sexual gratification. It's my drug it seems, my dopamine rush.

you're missing the point.

yes, men suck, but we are not talking about dating/marrying men..

at any time in your marriage, your wife can say 'i am going to fuck the neighbor, and you are going to watch, and if you don't, i am going to file for divorce, and you are going to get fucked by the long cock of the state, because you entered into this legal contract on our wedding day'.

I don't know if that's entirely accurate lol

but for the remainder of the thread, I think it would be helpful not to focus on the legal marriage aspect. That's not my concern here and as I've said this girl is ok with non-legal marriage (and congrats Little Slice, we had that conversation because of you lol).

MY concern with not doing it legally is I know it will give me a backdoor and I'll think "well hey if I get caught cheating I'm not fucked"....I realize it shouldn't be forced upon me but we are humans and sometimes it is simply the law keeping us in line

You’ve never been to Miami have you? lol I think I’m just in the wrong city in general.. I’m not saying it’s absolutely impossible to find a good, intelligent woman with great qualities etc but it’s definitely one of the most difficult cities to find that.. I know women who are RN’s or getting their residency at hospitals on the verge of becoming doctors who party on their days off like crazy and do cocaine and fuck around etc.. I know of women who got their Master’s degree and ended up getting into porn lol..

I’m sure there are some good women here, but I’ve yet to meet any that are worth it.. From bars an clubs (obviously not a good place) to graduate schools and good careers, I know a bunch that are functional drug addicts and party animals... So what is the “right” place to look with those options? Lol Miami is a fucked up place Bro...

Oof yea Miami is tough man

Funny story: A few years back I banged this hot girl girl. Turns out she was a cardiac anesthesiologist. She used to live in Miami and cheated on her numerous of her boyfriends, had fucked 90 guys, numerous MFM threesomes, etc...

So I introduced her to my shy roommate who hadn't gotten laid in years....and now they're getting married! Lmao. Part of me feels bad for him, she finally found a man who would stay with her and he finally found a woman to fuck him (he's not bad looking at all, just awkward and kind of beta). Well I talked to her on the phone a few days ago and Idk....I've been so judgmental of her and always used her as my example of the worst time to end up dating, but they've been together 4 years now and seem to be quite happy. But who really knows. She seems to have changed but I don't talk with them much.

But the point was yes even doctors in Miami can be complete whores lol

Well, where I live I haven't met too many women like that in graduate school. I met some in undergrad and they were fun for a few dates, but I realized fast that that's all they were good for. I wouldn't have dreamed about having a long term relationship with them. Certainly wouldn't "take them home to meet mom".
If the girl isn't as smart as me or more I'd not be interested. If she wasn't organized and successful I'd not want to be with her. With my first wife I didn't follow that, and I paid the price. I knew after that experience what my mistakes were. I got married too young, 22 yrs old.

This girl is less ambitious than me but just as intelligent. Got somewhat interested in intelligence research so she, her brother, and myself took a mensa IQ test and all scored about the same. She doesn't make nearly as much money as I do, as unfortunately despite having a doctorate her career just isn't that lucrative, but I don't care much about that.

The crazy girl I've mentioned here a few times that I fell hard for....she was actually very intelligent and ambitious, already making $200+k at 24 years old, but I couldn't seem to get over her shitty past despite falling for her .

at any time in your marriage, your wife can say 'i am going to fuck the neighbor, and you are going to watch, and if you don't, i am going to file for divorce, and you are going to get fucked by the long cock of the state, because you entered into this legal contract on our wedding day'.

These said women going to bang the neighbor are not getting half. Courts to do see if one side caused things and it is considered, but let be real, it`s most often the guy f`ing somebody else! The guy treating her like an old pair of slippers and not like he loves her, WHILE he bangs another women (few of you in this thread!). So if you broke the vows, broke "the contract" you do not get a favorable shake. I do agree a woman going from a size 2 to size 16 is an unspoken breach of contract.

As for Miami, hang out in the dumpster and you get trash, wow shocker! People will become their surroundings no matter education level.

I don't know if that's entirely accurate lol

but for the remainder of the thread, I think it would be helpful not to focus on the legal marriage aspect. That's not my concern here and as I've said this girl is ok with non-legal marriage (and congrats Little Slice, we had that conversation because of you lol).

MY concern with not doing it legally is I know it will give me a backdoor and I'll think "well hey if I get caught cheating I'm not fucked"....I realize it shouldn't be forced upon me but we are humans and sometimes it is simply the law keeping us in line

she's 'ok' with it, for now... but i would be willing to bet, as time goes by, and children become involved etc.. she will start pushing for it - as if it was her goal all along.

yes, if you are not married, and you cheat, you are not fucked..

but think of it this way - if you are married and you cheat on her, you are fucked

and if you are married, and she cheats on you, you are fucked.

i know a few guys who are paying alimony and child support to women who cheated on them.... they were good husbands, and excellent fathers, but the tattooed boy at the hipster coffee shop was just too interesting and new to resist... and sure, he didn't make a lot of money at all, but now that he is wifey's new fling, he has ex hubby's money, and gets to live in his house, what a deal.

the biggest part of it for me is this...

as anyone can deduce from reading the replies of the guys in this thread, most women are incredibly, incredibly promiscuous. im not saying i am an angel myself, but i will not be paying for something that some other guy got for free.

guys need to get some self-respect... wifing up used goods... it's ridiculous.

These said women going to bang the neighbor are not getting half. Courts to do see if one side caused things and it is considered, but let be real, it`s most often the guy f`ing somebody else! The guy treating her like an old pair of slippers and not like he loves her, WHILE he bangs another women (few of you in this thread!). So if you broke the vows, broke "the contract" you do not get a favorable shake. I do agree a woman going from a size 2 to size 16 is an unspoken breach of contract.

As for Miami, hang out in the dumpster and you get trash, wow shocker! People will become their surroundings no matter education level.

women certainly do get cash and prizes when they break the wedding vows... all the time.

and it was that day that I became a cuckold with the dual responsibility of both working the camera, and being a top notch fluffer.

Back when we were dating, I did tell her about my cheating. I felt like I had done wrong and she needed to know. She married me knowing about it. At the time of my cheating she was wanting to break things off. We were having a long distance relationship and having some quarrels.

It sounds like you told your GF about your indiscretions and she's still with you. I dont think at this point that marrying her would be a stupid thing to do because it sounds like the 2 of you have similar goals and personality qualities. Are you living together already? I'd say if you've lived together for a significant amount of time and things have been good, there is no reason that a marriage is going to flip a switch and make things go bad.

She's a professional and has a career. If you worry about the Slice scenario, maybe a prenuptial agreement might help you rest easy if she agrees to it.

Maybe Slice has some experience with clients divorcing with prenuptial. Does it hold up in court?

If you're not sleeping around on her now, what makes you think you'll do that a few years from now? How long have you been faithful?

Back when we were dating, I did tell her about my cheating. I felt like I had done wrong and she needed to know. She married me knowing about it. At the time of my cheating she was wanting to break things off. We were having a long distance relationship and having some quarrels.

It sounds like you told your GF about your indiscretions and she's still with you. I dont think at this point that marrying her would be a stupid thing to do because it sounds like the 2 of you have similar goals and personality qualities. Are you living together already? I'd say if you've lived together for a significant amount of time and things have been good, there is no reason that a marriage is going to flip a switch and make things go bad.

She's a professional and has a career. If you worry about the Slice scenario, maybe a prenuptial agreement might help you rest easy if she agrees to it.

Maybe Slice has some experience with clients divorcing with prenuptial. Does it hold up in court?

If you're not sleeping around on her now, what makes you think you'll do that a few years from now? How long have you been faithful?

there's really nothing more that i can say at this point..

it's not the 'slice' scenario... it's the scenario that millions upon millions of men in the US are experiencing at this very moment.

prenuptial agreements are legal documents - completely invalid in divorce court - a court of equity (not law). they are just meant to lure men into a false sense of security. all she has to say is that she signed it 'under duress'... a contract made under duress is not enforceable. "he said he wouldn't marry me if i didn't sign it" = coerced action = under duress = invalid contract.

but i digress

want to get a massive red pill? sit in family court for a day, and see how unfairly men are treated... second class citizens.

that could very well be you, if your wife so chooses.

younger folks... DO NOT LISTEN TO BOOMERS, their life experience is NOT relevant to our circumstances.

younger folks... DO NOT LISTEN TO BOOMERS, their life experience is NOT relevant to our circumstances.

Slice you remind me of my nasty, bitter 55 y/o jewish woman neighbor that has been chronically single for over 20 years. I hope you find someone wonderful someday. Don`t have kids, don`t get married, but to have a life partner to depend on, WITHOUT contracts. Everything maldorf has said is relevant, we are still people with the same needs/desires which have not changed in hundreds of years. Nemsz is starting to get it... If he wants to attract a specific type of woman, what kind of man would he need to be. Most people never have that moment of personal reflection so he gets an applause! We all put off energy (good or bad) through the ether and it attracts like kind. You can`t be out looking to hook up 3 nights a week with new women than say they are all bad!

Slice you remind me of my nasty, bitter 55 y/o jewish woman neighbor that has been chronically single for over 20 years. I hope you find someone wonderful someday. Don`t have kids, don`t get married, but to have a life partner to depend on, WITHOUT contracts. Everything maldorf has said is relevant, we are still people with the same needs/desires which have not changed in hundreds of years. Nemsz is starting to get it... If he wants to attract a specific type of woman, what kind of man would he need to be. Most people never have that moment of personal reflection so he gets an applause! We all put off energy (good or bad) through the ether and it attracts like kind. You can`t be out looking to hook up 3 nights a week with new women than say they are all bad!

that type of relational arrangement is exactly what im looking for.

the boomer advice of 'just walk in and give the boss a firm handshake, that's what i did!'

'i bought my first house when i was 21 and raised a family of five on my wages from the grocery store. millenials are so lazy!'

'millenials are wasting their time with all this university bullshit. just pull yourself up by your bootstraps!'

'just make sure you find the right woman before you settle down and get married'

is no longer relevant. the calculus has changed.

they imported tens of millions of illegal immigrants, causing the cost of living to skyrocket while causing the value of labor to plummet.

you can't even get looked at for employment without a bachelor's degree and years of relevant experience - at the very least

the women of our generation are not the women of their generation

their knowledge is no longer relevant, and their input is no longer valid... they are incapable of seeing it, which kinda underscores the whole point.

In marriage there are up and down times that can go on for quite a while. Make a choice and follow your beliefs. You can't control the other person. As long as you do your part you will feel better in the long run. In general half of what is made during a marriage is split and I have no problem with that as it is supposed to be a partnership, but some people get bitter and want to get even.If some one is worried about loosing their money they probably have no faith in their partner and shouldn't get married. I took a leap and hit bottom. Not her fault that I choose wrong. But my Mast Degree'd X left with some money. I got most of the assets and all of the bills and ended up in the long run with more. I worked in the trades and made more then twice what she did and put in less hours. Many of my guy friends will give away more then they need to to get out of the marriage and I think there can still be the need to want to protect/help the X and that hurts them financially. But this is a great country when I look at the average salary when I was born and factor in the average inflation rate and people make more money now. But it looks like they save and spend less wisely. 50% if new marriages fail the last I read. And if you are in doubt about marriage them I would guess that the chances that you are in that 50% are higher.

Still trying to respond to everyone.

Crazy how she's even less of a girl I would ever want to break up with now compared to when we were younger and first met, even though then was the time I probably shouldn't have been with her. She's even more fit and attractive than when I met her (some professional work done), and the one issue we had was a huge discrepancy in our libidos a few years back (her barely wanting to have sex) and now she wants it as much as I do and it's been no issue at all. I literally have everything I would want in a partner from her. 🤦‍♂️

If you want to be faithful you should give up all your exogenous hormones, also being a father reduces sexual desire, you become more affectionate and sentimental, which stinks.

The fitness subculture is the less suitable for fidelity, you have drugs in your body and you are always exposed to people who looks young and pretty, many girls with a high libido.

Yea, I do wonder if this is part of the problem. Is my TRT fucking up my chances of a happy marriage? But then again my brother is 2 years older than me and even more conflicted than I am and has been with even more women.

You must be brave and honest, if you stay with her because you do not want to hurt her and you are afraid that she cannot get ahead or start a family, it will only cause discomfort, pain and frustration for both.

I agree if that was the only reason I was staying with her that would definitely not be good. It's not the only reason though, by a long shot. I do truly love her and care about her more than anyone I've been with. Like I said, she's the one person I would die for and I love hanging out with her. But I've definitely fallen for other girls within our relationship by allowing myself to be perceived as available, obviously shitty of me. I think we met too young, frankly. But that is the past and now I have to ask what I'm going to do in the now.

^ most awesome reply yet

For me personally, I have zero regrets giving up random hookups. I was early 30s when I met my partner/the now mother of my child. I had already been through multiple long term relationships and many, many casual hookups. I didn't find what I was looking for in any of those, despite having some great moments and satisfaction. I was looking for something deeper.

I found what I was looking for in my son. I care tremendously about my partner and will forever structure my life to center around providing care for her and my son.

Nobody can tell you what you are looking for. I just didn't want to play musical chairs through my 30s and into my 40s (easy for a man) and end up like some people I know who are alone after doing the same thing through their 30s and 40s. I got lucky because I met the perfect for me woman and have a beautiful boy with her, so there's no way I have regrets :)

That is a beautiful story and I think deep down what I want to be content with. I think in part my issue is we met too early. We met in our low 20's and so by the time the initial infatuation was gone I was still only 23-24 and in school surrounded by a million options. Ideally, I would have been able to hook up guilt free until close to 30 like you did and then meet Mrs. Perfect, she just came into my life 5-7 years too early. I always reasoned that I shouldn't give her up just because it was earlier than planned, but in hindsight maybe I did her a disservice by staying with her.

And as far as meaningfulness, yea I don't really think I progress in life by going from 100 women to 200 women. It's more or less the same thing over and over, albeit very enjoyable in the moment. I do wonder if having children would solve all of this for me and make me have a clear new purpose there, but of course I don't want to have a child in the first place if I'm feeling

I'd have to agree with this. As many shitty women as there are out there, men are often even worse. And one's surroundings matter a lot.

she's 'ok' with it, for now... but i would be willing to bet, as time goes by, and children become involved etc.. she will start pushing for it - as if it was her goal all along.

yes, if you are not married, and you cheat, you are not fucked..

but think of it this way - if you are married and you cheat on her, you are fucked

and if you are married, and she cheats on you, you are fucked.

i know a few guys who are paying alimony and child support to women who cheated on them.... they were good husbands, and excellent fathers, but the tattooed boy at the hipster coffee shop was just too interesting and new to resist... and sure, he didn't make a lot of money at all, but now that he is wifey's new fling, he has ex hubby's money, and gets to live in his house, what a deal.

the biggest part of it for me is this...

as anyone can deduce from reading the replies of the guys in this thread, most women are incredibly, incredibly promiscuous. im not saying i am an angel myself, but i will not be paying for something that some other guy got for free.

guys need to get some self-respect... wifing up used goods... it's ridiculous.

"wifing up used goods".....so what would you suggest Little Slice, only ever taking a virgin seriously? Not all women are incredibly promiscuous. I would not even say most. Maybe most of the women we've fucked....because they are the one's out there fucking a ton of guys and we are one of those guys. I know plenty of women with a number of 1-10 over a decade of having sex, I would not consider that very promiscuous.

I'm not concerned about this one ever cheating or divorcing me unless I cheat on her. You and I are both very cynical but I'm just not concerned here. One of the few very very good people I've met and again the legal marriage isn't even on the table right now but a family and kids are.

I have told her, and unfortunately it put a scar on the relationship for her, but yes she still wants to be with me. We've lived together for a few years now, if anything she's been better than ever (more confident, more frequent sex, etc.).

My behavior has still been questionable in that I find myself frequently flirting, making it seem like I'm single, etc...call it a need for attention and high libido. It really does feel like an addiction to be honest.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
theswede
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131