over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting for 72 Hours Can Regenerate the Entire Immune System

Agree. There is 1 benefit of a 72 hour fast, you will burn some fat. Much better ways to burn fat, and not sure what bf % someone would have to let themselves get to where a regular diet or less extreme fasting (24 hours) won't do the trick. The not drinking water makes zero sense. That was probably invented by someone who wanted to get some clicks to eventually sell some supplement or "insider blog"

I see a trend now days where people diagnose themselves as having digestive problems and immune system problems they need to cure. Most peoples immune system works perfectly fine and doesn't need to be "upgraded" or "fixed"

Money and clicks, from your mouth to gods ears…

Hey, I'm doing a 48 hour fast, from Thursday 7 PM to Saturday 7 PM.

Why?

3 reasons: I am going to start a diet on Monday so I will be in ketosis safely, I want to give my digestive system a rest and I want to see how it feels. I'm going out for an hour a day for a walk and do some stretching, and I will do nothing but sit at the PC.

I'm going to drink water and eat sugarless gum, but I have a question. I usually like to drink 2 lemons squeezed in half a gallon of water with cyclamate / saccharin. Would you skip this option? And what do you think of the gum?

I've had lots of people tell me that fasting has all these health benefits but I don't think I've ever had someone explain what they are other than using keywords off of some bias website, everyone I know who is all about fasting usually looks like shit. Present company excluded, I doubt any of you look like the typically person who does fasting....usually it's just obese people too lazy to diet and exercise but then they'll tell you how healthy they are because they fast.

I still would love to know how it is healthy to deprive your body of nutrients, wouldn't it be healthier to eat green veggies for a few days rather than fast?
Nonselective autophagy from fasting, it breaks stuff down to recycle the parts out of scarcity.
People desire to rid themselves of dysfunctional organelles and proteins within to cells because common sense says that the bad stuff leads to bad things.

It's best for selective autophagy to intelligently rid the cells of their dysfunctional and malformed parts, but who knows how to get into all that micromanagement.

So the answer for most people is nonselective autophagy through fasting. They just destroy whatever and hope that they get some of the bad stuff while they are at it. It's the sort of strategy that we're often stuck with from this limited viewpoint.

Nonselective autophagy from fasting, it breaks stuff down to recycle the parts out of scarcity.
People desire to rid themselves of dysfunctional organelles and proteins within to cells because common sense says that the bad stuff leads to bad things.

It's best for selective autophagy to intelligently rid the cells of their dysfunctional and malformed parts, but who knows how to get into all that micromanagement.

So the answer for most people is nonselective autophagy through fasting. They just destroy whatever and hope that they get some of the bad stuff while they are at it. It's the sort of strategy that we're often stuck with from this limited viewpoint.
And I assume the people who don't drink water do it to speed this process up? Then the question becomes, does the above outweigh the benefits (that are proven) and necessity of drinking water? I think the no water is where people start to look like loonies.

And I assume the people who don't drink water do it to speed this process up? Then the question becomes, does the above outweigh the benefits (that are proven) and necessity of drinking water? I think the no water is where people start to look like loonies.
Yah, I don't really mess with the no-water $#!t. I don't recommend that anyone guinea pig themselves out with the massive amount of research chemicals out there either, but a person really needs to address this apoptosis/autophagy stuff with real drugs. "Sure throw more drugs at it". Again, I don't recommend just anyone "throw more drugs at it," but progress is being made on all fronts.

I'd also question, why are people concerning themselves with autophagy? In the grand scheme of things, is this something we want to worry about? Most people fail their health on so many fronts (not enough cardio, sleep, not good enough diet, too high bf, too high bp, using prescriptions they don't need, drinking, drugs, too much stress) if we start focusing on autophagy are we stepping over dollar bills to pick up quarters?

I found this information that thought some of you may enjoy:

There has long been controversy surrounding the potential benefits or hazards of fasting. On one hand, supporters of fasting point to the many benefits that they claim fasting provides. This includes promoting weight loss, normalizing insulin sensitivity, lowering triglyceride levels in the body and slowing the signs of aging. There are a number of different ‘fasting plans’ ranging from intermittent fasting lasting, on average, 14 to 18 hours to longer-term plans abstaining from solid foods for 2 to 3 days. Each is said to carry their own benefits and challenges, offering options for everyone.

Many nutritionists and medical professionals argue that fasting is nothing more than an unsupported trend, and carries with it a number of health risks that should be considered. They point to the loss of nutrients during the time spent fasting, as it limits not only the intake of unhealthy foods but also those that our bodies require including fruits, vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats. Furthermore, they argue that fasting often leads to rebound eating, which results in an overall weight gain as opposed to the sought-after weight loss.

New research out of the University of Southern California presents a fascinating discovery, once again bringing the debate to the forefront. The team gathered a group of participants and asked them, in the initial stages, to fast for 2-4 days on a regular basis over a 6-month period. During this time, they witnessed some incredible changes. The participants saw a noticeable decrease in the production of the enzyme PKA, a hormone which has been associated with an increased risk of cancer and tumor growth. Furthermore, the immune system of the participants appeared to get a complete overhaul.

Professor Valter Longo, PhD, the researcher of the study expressed his surprise with the study’s findings, stating, “What we started noticing in both our human work and animal work is that the white blood cell count goes down with prolonged fasting. Then when you re-feed, the blood cells come back. So, we started thinking, well, where does it come from?”

The findings may provide considerable promise for those that are susceptible to disease, currently receiving chemotherapy treatments or simply for our aging population. The research showed that the act of fasting triggered a switch to flip in the body, signalling it to begin a “stem-cell based regeneration of the hematopoietic system.” It forced the body to use up its stores of glucose, fat and ketones, and also started to break down a large number of white blood cells. The loss of white blood cells flagged the body to, in turn, regenerate new immune system cells.

Professor Longo explained, “When you starve, the system tries to save energy, and one of the things it can do to save energy is to recycle a lot of the immune cells that are not needed, especially those that may be damaged.” This would mean that according to the study’s findings the process of fasting for a 72-hour period of time followed by re-feeding with a healthy, nutritionally focused diet can, essentially, provide those who are struggling with a new immune system.

While the possible benefits are definitely worth further review, medical professionals warn that further study is required before it will be seen as a definitive medical option. The study’s co-author Tanya Dorff, MD, assistant professor of clinical medicine at the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital advised, “While chemotherapy saves lives, it causes significant collateral damage to the immune system. The results of this study suggest that fasting may mitigate some of the harmful effects of chemotherapy. More clinical studies are needed, and any such dietary intervention should be undertaken only under the guidance of a physician.”

Study Finds that Fasting for 72 Hours Can Regenerate the Entire Immune System ? Awareness Act
Great article brother I support fasting not some of the very extreme fasting but 72hrs can really help I believe that 24hrs can really help
Great post great read

guys getting all worked up over the thought of not having food or water for a few days.
after hitting the 'post' button, these same guys head to their gear box to slam grams of aas and whatever pharm of choice.
(i'm guilty of of the gear box thing dont get me wrong..)

someone trying different health/longevity protocols could also look at this community as a bunch of junkies.. a bunch of idiots
ramming needles in our bodies multiple times a day.. just to keep blood levels constant.. right babe ?
ramming syringes full of chems we hope contain whats listed on the vial label. not to mention, how much heavy metals and other contaminants
are loaded in that morning's 5ml syringe. also the same for the evening's 10ml pin.

the point is.. a 72hr dry fast every quarter(or couple months) isnt going to kill your gains.. and may help. who knows..

those in the fasting community see these extended fasts as only a tool.
they also look to improve and correct other unhealthy aspects of their life... sleep, exercise, diet, etc...

if you have the discipline to fast and to include extended dry fasts, then you're probably someone who is looking to make
positive changes in your life.. and with that, you'll correct other bad/unhealthy behaviors

many here may feel extended dry fasts are silly..
but the rest of the world will look at this community and think we are silly.

lets weigh it out..

side effects of extended dry fast... temporary weakness and temporary loss of muscle fullness.

side effects of extended aas cycles... impotence, having to jam your dick with another drug for it to stand up.. insomnia, depression, lethargy, infinite amout of drugs to combat side.
yeah you have muscles.. but does your dick even work without the corrective meds ?

so extended dry fasts being silly, compared to what we do and discuss everyday? not really.

so i'm guilty of the multi-pharm, junkie thing..
but i'm opened minded enough to not outright dismiss other longevity practices..
those who go to the extremes of using aas, at some future point in their life may have to rely on the extremes of extended fasting.. just to repair
damage done during their aas years.

I'd also question, why are people concerning themselves with autophagy? In the grand scheme of things, is this something we want to worry about? Most people fail their health on so many fronts (not enough cardio, sleep, not good enough diet, too high bf, too high bp, using prescriptions they don't need, drinking, drugs, too much stress) if we start focusing on autophagy are we stepping over dollar bills to pick up quarters?

Damn, how hard is it to understand?

Fasting reduces inflammation and malicious cells, which is why it will help in many health problems.

Obviously, fasting without to diet or exercise, is useless.

I wish we could live without eating, or have a metabolism like that of scorpions, I think they can go months without eating or drinking. All are advantages, you do not have to think about the time to eat, cook, clean the dishes, you do not have to go to the bathroom to throw disgusting shit.

**EDIT** - NOT ALLOWED!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish we could live without eating, or have a metabolism like that of scorpions, I think they can go months without eating or drinking. All are advantages, you do not have to think about the time to eat, cook, clean the dishes, you do not have to go to the bathroom to throw disgusting shit.

God, nature, cosmos, gaia... who the fuck that designed these biological bodies, is an incompetent, a bungler.
No way. I love food and look forward to every next serving of food during the day! Cooking is fun and part of bodybuilding.... I can't imagine life without tasty food 😍

one of the theories is that you'll enhance autophagy/fat-loss as your body will start breaking down cells in it's quest for water.

I could care less about all the miscellaneous, ‘supposedly’ healthy reasons, I do it to see if I can.

I feel great along the way and experience now known ill effects, no appreciable loss of strength. The longest I have gone is 4 days. And I may do it again under the right circumstances. Seriously, it is very easy to do once you get past day one.

Just my personal experience, was done out of curiosity, an experiment of one individual with zero expectations.

I could care less about all the miscellaneous, ‘supposedly’ healthy reasons, I do it to see if I can.

I feel great along the way and experience now known ill effects, no appreciable loss of strength. The longest I have gone is 4 days. And I may do it again under the right circumstances. Seriously, it is very easy to do once you get past day one.

Just my personal experience, was done out of curiosity, an experiment of one individual with zero expectations.
Facts. It's a mental exercise to some.
Most in this aas lifestyle are type a personalities. So finding it hard to believe why so much hurt feelings over extended fasting protocols

No way. I love food and look forward to every next serving of food during the day! Cooking is fun and part of bodybuilding.... I can't imagine life without tasty food

You are not understanding me.

As a lover of the bodybuilding lifestyle, I like everything related to diet and lifting, since that gives me an entertainment, a discipline, a "purpose" in life (although deep down I know that this is still absurd).

But as a human being with a rational brain, I feel enslaved in a material body with an expiration date, I feel that it is a scam, a joke in very bad taste.

This!!!

The same as lifting weights or dieting, it may be beneficial for your health, but that is a colateral effect, not the main motivation. The motivation is to be stronger, looking yourself in a certain way, fight the passage of time ...

If calories in vs calories out is what matters in fat loss fasting few times a week would put you in a higher deficit. Some experts of fasting stat you can lose 1-2 pounds daily without muscle loss

so i'm guilty of the multi-pharm, junkie thing..
but i'm opened minded enough to not outright dismiss other longevity practices..
those who go to the extremes of using aas, at some future point in their life may have to rely on the extremes of extended fasting.. just to repair
damage done during their aas years.
Not drinking water for 3 days will cure low testosterone, high BMI, high blood pressure, joint issues, kidney and liver issues?

It anything extreme water restriction would probably harm "junkies" worse than the general population. It's well known that hydration and proper nutrition are healthy for all people. The only real benefit I see of extreme fasting is weight loss. But this could be accomplished by a less disordered eating style.
I'm all for if, but taking it to such extremes and promoting it as some scientific breakthrough is going off the deep end.

This!!!

The same as lifting weights or dieting, it may be beneficial for your health, but that is a colateral effect, not the main motivation. The motivation is to be stronger, looking yourself in a certain way, fight the passage of time ...

Not trying to come off as a jerk but this sounds like a psychological issue. If someone uses extreme fasting as some sort of coping mechanism, and it doesn't harm their physical or mental health, that's fine. But then trying to say it benefits the immune system or is healtheir than normal eating patterns as a means to justify/ promote it, that's when people are going push back.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigtime_1968
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131