over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting for 72 Hours Can Regenerate the Entire Immune System

Not trying to come off as a jerk but this sounds like a psychological issue. If someone uses extreme fasting as some sort of coping mechanism, and it doesn't harm their physical or mental health, that's fine. But then trying to say it benefits the immune system or is healtheir than normal eating patterns as a means to justify/ promote it, that's when people are going push back.
Why do you use aas? I mean you're on an extreme lifestyle board waving your finger at others doing something considered extreme
There's no risk in dying with a a fasting protocol incorporating extended fasts.
There is risk of dying with aas protocols that also include extended cycles. Aka BNC

Not drinking water for 3 days will cure low testosterone, high BMI, high blood pressure, joint issues, kidney and liver issues?

It anything extreme water restriction would probably harm "junkies" worse than the general population. It's well known that hydration and proper nutrition are healthy for all people. The only real benefit I see of extreme fasting is weight loss. But this could be accomplished by a less disordered eating style.
I'm all for if, but taking it to such extremes and promoting it as some scientific breakthrough is going off the deep end.
It's a process. And fasting is a tool in a process that's like saying...why use anabolics, when one dose won't give you muscles.

Why do you use aas? I mean you're on an extreme lifestyle board waving your finger at others doing something considered extreme
There's no risk in dying with a a fasting protocol incorporating extended fasts.
There is risk of dying with aas protocols that also include extended cycles. Aka BNC

Your saying using aas is more risky and extreme than not drinking water for 3 days? Really?

This debate will go no where because your so emotionally invested in justifying what you do. But a good comparison may be...

Getting a half sleeve tattoo = using aas

Getting tattoos on your face = not hydrating for 3 days

Speeding 15 mph over the speed limit = using aas

Driving 110 mph = not drinking water for 3 days

You may not like it, but people who drive 15 mph over the speed limit will call you unsafe when they are going 75 on the beltway and you fly by at 115.

You are free to do as you please, despite what you think, no one cares. But on an open discussion board people are also free to state that it is not only not a good idea, but take it further and say it is a bad idea.

I don't think fasting for 72 hours is unhealthy, although I do think it is a poor dietary habit if done regularly. But if you plan to not drink water, and labe it a " dry fast" and promote it as wise, healthy, the secret to boosting the immune system, etc, I am going to strongly disagree.

There is wide spread medical and antedoctal evidence that ass can be used safely. There is not wide spread antedoctal and medical evidence that 3 day water restriction is healthy.

If you are looking for some sort of mental toughness test to prove your fortitude to yourself or others, I'd say running marathons or lifting heavy weight with proper form would be a better choice. At the end of the day I think deep down anyone who is doing a 3 day dry fast is doing it for some sort of psychological reason and then trying to find evidence online to justify it as also being healthy ( immune health, body cleanse, " damage repair").

Not trying to come off as a jerk but this sounds like a psychological issue. If someone uses extreme fasting as some sort of coping mechanism, and it doesn't harm their physical or mental health, that's fine. But then trying to say it benefits the immune system or is healtheir than normal eating patterns as a means to justify/ promote it, that's when people are going push back.

I have not say any of that.

There is medical and anecdotal evidence over thousands of years that controlled fasting can be healthy. Heck, the caloric deficit is related to better health and life expectancy.

Well, I don't do these things because I think that it will help me to live longer and of better quality. For example, heavy lifting won't help you have a very pleasant eld, but we still do it because we like it and it challenges us.

I'm all for fasting...cool. but dry fasting? NOPE!

I just don't see any benefit with not drinking water for an extended period. I can achieve any benefits of fasting without having to not drink water for several hours/days.

With 6 hours of finishing my fast, I feel pretty great with energy, but this morning's walk I can say was pretty challenging, no different than being in DNP.

Last night I wanted to eat.

My sleep was good quality but the hours seem to be reduced, like when you are on a diet.

Damn, not having to poop feels as a super power, lol

I have not say any of that.

There is medical and anecdotal evidence over thousands of years that controlled fasting can be healthy. Heck, the caloric deficit is related to better health and life expectancy.

Well, I don't do these things because I think that it will help me to live longer and of better quality. For example, heavy lifting won't help you have a very pleasant eld, but we still do it because we like it and it challenges us.
This I can agree with. Moderate fasting ( with water) can be healthy. .mainly because most people are too far and anything that makes them eat less is good, lol.

Yes, fasting is very good for your health. Fasting for a day every few weeks is not going to harm you and imo in the long run will actually help us reach our BBing goals.

With regards to dry fasting, for most people not drinking water for most of the day is no big deal, but an entire 24 hours might be somewhat dangerous and going for multiple days might not be a good idea.

Jesus Christ. You meatheads that have never followed longevity research need to stop posting

There is so much clinical research on fasting. iF, intermittent, 3-5 day fasts. Fasting for autoimmune D/O, fasting while on chemotherapy to have better outcomes…..fasting is literally the most powerful tool to heal the human body we have. And many times it beats pharmacological interventions.

If a cancer patient on chemo is fasting to increase survival rates….

You guys spouting bullshit like eating around the clock is way healthier than any type of fast.

Humans, AND animals that eat the LEAST live the longest and age the best. This is been proven with Rheuse monkeys and studies of healthier cultures.

Lastly, the way WE eat, is the fucking WORST way to live forever. Signaling mTOR as much as we can, high IGF, food always in the gut….autophagy never ramped up.

Leave the fasting people alone. They are trying to become metabolically healthier.

It’s a tool. An extremely powerful tool..

Oh another example…you know one of the safest and fastest way to cure NAFLD???! Guess…really….guess!

I got to get back to work, but there are a god damn mountain of replicated studies on fasting helping or fixing the damn kitchen sink of chronic illness

Oh….and “you meatheads” that was endearing… carry on

guys getting all worked up over the thought of not having food or water for a few days.
after hitting the 'post' button, these same guys head to their gear box to slam grams of aas and whatever pharm of choice.
(i'm guilty of of the gear box thing dont get me wrong..)

someone trying different health/longevity protocols could also look at this community as a bunch of junkies.. a bunch of idiots
ramming needles in our bodies multiple times a day.. just to keep blood levels constant.. right babe ?
ramming syringes full of chems we hope contain whats listed on the vial label. not to mention, how much heavy metals and other contaminants
are loaded in that morning's 5ml syringe. also the same for the evening's 10ml pin.

the point is.. a 72hr dry fast every quarter(or couple months) isnt going to kill your gains.. and may help. who knows..

those in the fasting community see these extended fasts as only a tool.
they also look to improve and correct other unhealthy aspects of their life... sleep, exercise, diet, etc...

if you have the discipline to fast and to include extended dry fasts, then you're probably someone who is looking to make
positive changes in your life.. and with that, you'll correct other bad/unhealthy behaviors

many here may feel extended dry fasts are silly..
but the rest of the world will look at this community and think we are silly.

lets weigh it out..

side effects of extended dry fast... temporary weakness and temporary loss of muscle fullness.

side effects of extended aas cycles... impotence, having to jam your dick with another drug for it to stand up.. insomnia, depression, lethargy, infinite amout of drugs to combat side.
yeah you have muscles.. but does your dick even work without the corrective meds ?

so extended dry fasts being silly, compared to what we do and discuss everyday? not really.
Doing one reckless health impacting activity is NOT a reason to justify doing another one. Following such logic would mean as long as you do one thing bad for you why not do them all right?

I don't think peoples hesitation towards longer dry fasts has anything to do with loosing gains and more to do with lack of perceived potential for benefits.

Still waiting to see actual evidence on dry fasting and the benefits it has above and beyond more traditional non-water restricted fasting...................................

Jesus Christ. You meatheads that have never followed longevity research need to stop posting

There is so much clinical research on fasting. iF, intermittent, 3-5 day fasts. Fasting for autoimmune D/O, fasting while on chemotherapy to have better outcomes…..fasting is literally the most powerful tool to heal the human body we have. And many times it beats pharmacological interventions.

If a cancer patient on chemo is fasting to increase survival rates….

You guys spouting bullshit like eating around the clock is way healthier than any type of fast.

Humans, AND animals that eat the LEAST live the longest and age the best. This is been proven with Rheuse monkeys and studies of healthier cultures.

Lastly, the way WE eat, is the fucking WORST way to live forever. Signaling mTOR as much as we can, high IGF, food always in the gut….autophagy never ramped up.

Leave the fasting people alone. They are trying to become metabolically healthier.

It’s a tool. An extremely powerful tool..

Oh another example…you know one of the safest and fastest way to cure NAFLD???! Guess…really….guess!

I got to get back to work, but there are a god damn mountain of replicated studies on fasting helping or fixing the damn kitchen sink of chronic illness
Most of us are not challenging traditional fasting and the benefits for health and are mainly disagreeing with the idea of 3 days of no water.

Most of us are not challenging traditional fasting and the benefits for health and are mainly disagreeing with the idea of 3 days of no water.

Ahhh…….

Yea that’s not done in any of the clinical trials. Don’t do that lol

I could care less about all the miscellaneous, ‘supposedly’ healthy reasons, I do it to see if I can.

I feel great along the way and experience now known ill effects, no appreciable loss of strength. The longest I have gone is 4 days. And I may do it again under the right circumstances. Seriously, it is very easy to do once you get past day one.

Just my personal experience, was done out of curiosity, an experiment of one individual with zero expectations.
Now this I can see. I fast 24hrs once a month but for spiritual reasons. It's my First Friday Fast. That's the blank page in my log that just says "FFF". From sundown on Thursday to sundown on Friday. I've never done it for health as I often begin to feel rather sickly by Friday evening. What it DOES do is allow me to exercise my power of free will over my bodily (temporal) desires. It's a form of discipline.

Water is allowed but only water (no flavored drinks). I will say this; when I prepare my first meal after sundown, I do it slowly and carefully. I place the plate in front of me. Give thanks and take a moment to appreciate what a gift it is. I'm on a fat-burning diet so my normal meals (all 8) every two hours are not much to look at. We're talking, as one example, a 4oz hamburger topped w/ dry swiss and 4 celery sticks with sugarfree peanut or almond butter. Barely more than a few bites. But it's approx 500 calories every 2 hours (~4,000 kcals/day). I'm never bloated and I gasp when I see the volume of meals people choke down. Myself, I'm never quite satiated and I'm never truly famished.

And then I just go right back to my normal eating schedule. But much more at peace. I know many of you are atheist (or whatever) and I don't believe in some guy looking down on me from a cloud - but rather just being part of the living universe. We all came from the same entangled singularity and we are all still entangled on some level. Few things make me feel as alive as that first meal after a fast. I don't binge before or after either. It's a nice pause and not always easy, especially if it's a workout day. But it's a psychological/spiritual exercise not a BBing/health one.

Then again, why even bother exercising the body if you're not also going exercise the mind or strengthen the will?

Now this I can see. I fast 24hrs once a month but for spiritual reasons. It's my First Friday Fast. That's the blank page in my log that just says "FFF". From sundown on Thursday to sundown on Friday. I've never done it for health as I often begin to feel rather sickly by Friday evening. What it DOES do is allow me to exercise my power of free will over my bodily (temporal) desires. It's a form of discipline.

Water is allowed but only water (no flavored drinks). I will say this; when I prepare my first meal after sundown, I do it slowly and carefully. I place the plate in front of me. Give thanks and take a moment to appreciate what a gift it is. I'm on a fat-burning diet so my normal meals (all 8) every two hours are not much to look at. We're talking, as one example, a 4oz hamburger topped w/ dry swiss and 4 celery sticks with sugarfree peanut or almond butter. Barely more than a few bites. But it's approx 500 calories every 2 hours (~4,000 kcals/day). I'm never bloated and I gasp when I see the volume of meals people choke down. Myself, I'm never quite satiated and I'm never truly famished.

And then I just go right back to my normal eating schedule. But much more at peace. I know many of you are atheist (or whatever) and I don't believe in some guy looking down on me from a cloud - but rather just being part of the living universe. We all came from the same entangled singularity and we are all still entangled on some level. Few things make me feel as alive as that first meal after a fast. I don't binge before or after either. It's a nice pause and not always easy, especially if it's a workout day. But it's a psychological/spiritual exercise not a BBing/health one.

Then again, why even bother exercising the body if you're not also going exercise the mind or strengthen the will?

Just met personal opinion and answer to the last question, as someone who is not spiritual, I would say exercising the mind is a good thing but rather than try and prove will power (but not eating, having sex etc) would be something like pursuing a better career, education, or even pushing new levels of intensity in the gym. I just can't relate (not being religious) to people depriving themselves of things they enjoy that are not harmful such as food, sleep, pleasure.

Just like 5g of test a week, after 24hrs of fasting is when the magic begins to happen.
Around that time your hunger hormones stop signaling and its just cruise control for another 24 48 hrs. You're not even thinking about eating after that point.
Guys can't relate and find this painful as their bio rhythms are used to eating every 2hrs..

Just met personal opinion and answer to the last question, as someone who is not spiritual, I would say exercising the mind is a good thing but rather than try and prove will power (but not eating, having sex etc) would be something like pursuing a better career, education, or even pushing new levels of intensity in the gym. I just can't relate (not being religious) to people depriving themselves of things they enjoy that are not harmful such as food, sleep, pleasure.
That's cool. And I do all those things (or did) as everyone does but I also balance all that with meditation, contemplation, prayer, fasting. I've stood on the highest spot on Earth (Chimborazo) and mountains all over the world. I dive reefs. Crossed glaciers and deserts. Squirmed through caves far below the earth. But while beautiful and full of awe, there is no meaning. It provided me no insight into the nature of MY place in all of it, the universe. But there is purpose and meaning in all things. But only when quiet, do we see further into these things, unencumbered by our animal desires.

I think that possibly in the very near future, discoveries into the nature of the universe at the quantum level may explain the truth of these things. Even if not fully understood. The next and final stage of human evolution.

Just like 5g of test a week, after 24hrs of fasting is when the magic begins to happen.
Around that time your hunger hormones stop signaling and its just cruise control for another 24 48 hrs. You're not even thinking about eating after that point.
Guys can't relate and find this painful as their bio rhythms are used to eating every 2hrs..
To what magic are you referring? (honest question)

LOL.

If after 24 hours of fasting the "magic" happens, and then its cruise control, why tap out at 72? Can't the cruise control take you to 6,7,10 days?

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear