over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fasting for 72 Hours Can Regenerate the Entire Immune System

Ahhh…….

Yea that’s not done in any of the clinical trials. Don’t do that lol
I've done it multiple times. It's not hard or taxing on the body.
You can't exert yourself or be out in the hot sun.
But its not as bad as guys make it out to be.

LOL.

If after 24 hours of fasting the "magic" happens, and then its cruise control, why tap out at 72? Can't the cruise control take you to 6,7,10 days?
I probably can but I have things to do.
I suppose if I wanted to communicate with beings on the other side of the veil I'd take it further. But 72hrs is a max for memm

I probably can but I have things to do.
I suppose if I wanted to communicate with beings on the other side of the veil I'd take it further. But 72hrs is a max for memm

Fair enough. I do hope your joking about the beings because I can't be sure you are lol. How often do you fast and no water fast? What is you overall diet, routine, levels of physical activity, and how does doing this extreme fasting affect your job?

Even if the benefit of a no water fast existed, it sounds like most people couldn't do it when they work because most jobs require some level of physical exertion. I would also probably require missing training/cardio sessions which has an overall negative net impact.

I assume you do it very infrequently.

Just met personal opinion and answer to the last question, as someone who is not spiritual, I would say exercising the mind is a good thing but rather than try and prove will power (but not eating, having sex etc) would be something like pursuing a better career, education, or even pushing new levels of intensity in the gym. I just can't relate (not being religious) to people depriving themselves of things they enjoy that are not harmful such as food, sleep, pleasure.
Humans like to pride themselves on being logical but alow their impulses to drive a lot of their decisions "fasting" from food or activities allows you to have control over your impulses. This discipline can help you make better decisions in all aspects of life, and to appreciate food,sex, or what ever even more.

Humans like to pride themselves on being logical but alow their impulses to drive a lot of their decisions "fasting" from food or activities allows you to have control over your impulses. This discipline can help you make better decisions in all aspects of life, and to appreciate food,sex, or what ever even more.
On paper it sounds like it may work. But if someone is impatient and drives over the speed limit, or impulsive and starts fights at the bar, or yells at their kids, I don't think in the real world not eating for 36 hours will decrease those impulsive activities. I coud be wrong I am no expert but I doubt the studies of psychology and behavior ever practice fasting to modify behavior. Usually they identify the root cause of the behavior and have the subject be aware of why they are exhibiting the behavior.

I am not anti-fasting because I think It has reasonable uses (mainly because obesity is the number 1 pandeimic we face), and anything that promotes weight loss/calorie restriction is good. But I think the whole intermittent fasting/fasting/autophagy is becoming pseudoscience/cult like. Similar to crossfitt and vegan diets in the sense they are being promoted as the next great superior thing when they are not.

I do think IF has uses in helping people use weight, but I just did a quick search on the autophagy thing (which is the big buzzword being uses to promote extreme fasting) and it seems like a stretch. Autophagy happens in each and every one of us who doesn't do 24 hour fasts and the evidence that it may happen more or faster, and that we may benefit from it should it happen at a faster rate, is sketchy at best.

On paper it sounds like it may work. But if someone is impatient and drives over the speed limit, or impulsive and starts fights at the bar, or yells at their kids, I don't think in the real world not eating for 36 hours will decrease those impulsive activities. I coud be wrong I am no expert but I doubt the studies of psychology and behavior ever practice fasting to modify behavior. Usually they identify the root cause of the behavior and have the subject be aware of why they are exhibiting the behavior.
Abstinence isn't a discipline taught in psychological circles? Since when? If someone is prone to anger while drinking in bars, wouldn't you suggest that person practice not going into bars? Isn't sobriety itself a practiced discipline? Does your rational mind control your actions or do you just impulsively do whatever? If you had a choice, wouldn't you want your rational mind to have that control?

Now if some guy tells me they punched their wife. What do I say? "What? You punched your wife? I recommend not eating for 36 hours." Cmon...

There's a big difference. I've driven over the speed limit, I've punched people in bars, I've yelled at my kids. But because it was often what I chose to do. Do I mess up? Yes. Impulsive? Sure, sometimes. Self mastery is a practiced discipline, like archery, or billiards. It doesn't happen overnight and we certainly make mistakes.

Fasting isn't a cure for beating your wife or anger issues. It can be a small step to self discipline. CBT is training yourself to react differently when feeling a certain way. Not opening the fridge when you're hungry is a small version of this.

Abstinence isn't a discipline taught in psychological circles? Since when? If someone is prone to anger while drinking in bars, wouldn't you suggest that person practice not going into bars? Isn't sobriety itself a practiced discipline? Does your rational mind control your actions or do you just impulsively do whatever? If you had a choice, wouldn't you want your rational mind to have that control?

Now if some guy tells me they punched their wife. What do I say? "What? You punched your wife? I recommend not eating for 36 hours." Cmon...

There's a big difference. I've driven over the speed limit, I've punched people in bars, I've yelled at my kids. But because it was often what I chose to do. Do I mess up? Yes. Impulsive? Sure, sometimes. Self mastery is a practiced discipline, like archery, or billiards. It doesn't happen overnight and we certainly make mistakes.

Reading your post I don't really see anything I disagree with, you pretty much stated what I did. That fasting isn't going to teach anyone any type of dicipline that will benefit them from doing any bad habit other than eating food.

If someone is addicted to eating food, then yes fasting for "x" amount of hours is one way to diet or teach discipline. But I don't think it is any different or teaches them any more discipline than eating say, 1,000 calories per day.

If 2 guys diet, whoever is able to create the greatest defect and lost the most weight IMO is the more dicipline one, not the one who did the most or longest intervals of fasting.

I guess in summary reading your post seeing how spiritual you are, your fasting works for you and serves a purpose. But I don't think the average person would benefit mentally from fasting. Physically yes because most people need to lose weight (a reasonable fast like you do, not these 72 hour dry fasts that instagram influencers are convincing people to do).

LOL.

If after 24 hours of fasting the "magic" happens, and then its cruise control, why tap out at 72? Can't the cruise control take you to 6,7,10 days?
I did a 3 day wet fast once and felt like I could easily go longer but started to get nervous about it so ended up eating. The first 24 hours are the worst.

I did a 3 day wet fast once and felt like I could easily go longer but started to get nervous about it so ended up eating. The first 24 hours are the worst.

What is your overall appetite level? It seems like there are two types. One type complains when bulking about digestion and not being able to eat enough food and needs powders. The other can never be satisfied. I am the second lol, no amount of food satisfies me, I love to eat. Unfortunately for me to keep the look I want, it's just about 3k a day so I have to do some IF because if I ate at 2 hour intervals those tiny little meals would just be a tease. Anything under 1k calories to me doesn't even register, its just a tease.

I feel like alot of guys who are cool with fasting are the first type, where they generally just don't have much of an appetite. I have done ADF before, but with ADF, you suffer for 24 then get to eat twice as much the next day.

What is your overall appetite level? It seems like there are two types. One type complains when bulking about digestion and not being able to eat enough food and needs powders. The other can never be satisfied. I am the second lol, no amount of food satisfies me, I love to eat. Unfortunately for me to keep the look I want, it's just about 3k a day so I have to do some IF because if I ate at 2 hour intervals those tiny little meals would just be a tease. Anything under 1k calories to me doesn't even register, its just a tease.

I feel like alot of guys who are cool with fasting are the first type, where they generally just don't have much of an appetite. I have done ADF before, but with ADF, you suffer for 24 then get to eat twice as much the next day.
I'm like you, eat a lot. At one point I had bulked up to 265 and it was mostly clean food. Took in a lot of calories.

Now, I didn't fast before my heart attack. I tried fasting afterwards, and my metabolism had slowed quite a bit. I'm a naturally hungry guy though and still eat a good amount. I was a 6 foot 135 lb kid as a freshman in high school. Had to eat a lot to get up to a lean 180 by graduation. Lots of hard lifting, because I was a hard gainer. Never had trouble shoveling down food.

Idon't think fasting for 72 hours is unhealthy, although I do think it is a poor dietary habit if done regularly.

I think it could be done every 4-6 weeks, without problems. My problem is that I don't like to stop lifting so often, so it doesn't fit into my routine.

For a normal or sedentary person, it would be a great strategy to add to a healthy lifestyle.

With regards to dry fasting, for most people not drinking water for most of the day is no big deal, but an entire 24 hours might be somewhat dangerous and going for multiple days might not be a good idea.

Not drinking water is dangerous, you will get dizzy and tired even if you are still eating when it gets closer to 18-20 hours. Nor have I seen any evidence or utility (except for going on stage to compete) to stop drinking for so long.

Of course, I have cut the water, I think that up to 26 hours for aesthetic purposes, it was not a challenge to see how long it could hold, what I do realize is that when you are in those situations you see the world in a very different way, the concerns , interests and what people spend their energy on ... everything seems so tedious, stupid and irrelevant.

It's like when you diet and lose your libido (if you are natural), all that sexual drive of instinct disappears, and really, it feels great because you have taken a burden, a bodily concern off of you. That is why I do not understand the people who care about this issue, I understand the people who use drugs to build muscle, but to have more libido? It seems crazy to me.

I have a good appetite, but I suffer much more from hunger on a ending weeks of cutting diet than on a total fast.

When the 48 hours had passed, I was no more hungry than normal, nor did I have digestive problems, since I did not introduce my food little by little, I just returned to a normal meal.

I have a good appetite, but I suffer much more from hunger on a ending weeks of cutting diet than on a total fast.

When the 48 hours had passed, I was no more hungry than normal, nor did I have digestive problems, since I did not introduce my food little by little, I just returned to a normal meal.

I love to eat, one reason why I liked the OMAD diet. I would rather fast all day then eat a real meal before bed. 4 oz of chicken and 4 oz of rice every 2 hours? Jesus thats torture. Like sleep, id work all day then sleep 8 hours at night. Not take a 12 minute nap every 2 hours only to get up again, lol.

I love to eat, one reason why I liked the OMAD diet. I would rather fast all day then eat a real meal before bed. 4 oz of chicken and 4 oz of rice every 2 hours? Jesus thats torture. Like sleep, id work all day then sleep 8 hours at night. Not take a 12 minute nap every 2 hours only to get up again, lol.
What’s your opinion of doing this in reverse . Eating your window from 6 am to 12 pm then fasting , your circadian rythem would be better as you wouldn’t be digesting food during sleep

I definitely prefer eating at the end of the day. Food is good, something to look forward to. Psychology easier to reward yourself at the end of the day. For me going to bed hungry would be miserable.

I definitely prefer eating at the end of the day. Food is good, something to look forward to. Psychology easier to reward yourself at the end of the day. For me going to bed hungry would be miserable.

IF comes so naturally to me, I don't like heavy meals early in the day. I see what some people eat for breakfast and lunch and think wtf, really? I no longer fast completely during the day as it aggravates my stomach ulcers, but it's only very light fare. breakfast might be a piece of rotisserie chicken, lunch might be a very simple, very low calorie salad of basically just greens and a couple packs of tuna or chicken with low or no calorie condiments. I can then really enjoy a nice meal after work, I look forward to it every day

do u guys still take yr supplements(eg., fish oil, krill , bergamot ... etc) during fast?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws