over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slingshot is my favorite workout tool

Ideally you want one of these pads on your bench, or you can just lay it on the floor to follower press. But you can kind of recreate it with two of these just laid over the bench long ways
Thanks man. Perfectly clear and 100% makes sense.

Bands tend to beat me up just as much maybe even more than raw weight.

I tore my right pec years ago (required surgury).

If I fair my elbows too early i can feel it and it miss grooves me, the slingshot by design prevents that.
Bands will tear up your joints if used too often because you’re pressing against them, reverse banding does not because it is assisting lifting the weight out of the deepest portion and getting heavier as you go….like the slingshot does

Bands will tear up your joints if used too often because you’re pressing against them, reverse banding does not because it is assisting lifting the weight out of the deepest portion and getting heavier as you go….like the slingshot does
Good info, I work out in a commercial gym, it would be difficult to set that up.

I like to use the reverse bands after a series almost to failure, also in squats. But I don't use them every week, I think it's a technique that burns the CNS too much.

I like to use the reverse bands after a series almost to failure, also in squats. But I don't use them every week, I think it's a technique that burns the CNS too much.
Any band work will be hard on the cns. I typically don’t do more than 2 weeks in a row with bands. If I do use reverse bands, it’s on the second exercise of my workout which is my heavy compound movement

Any band work will be hard on the cns. I typically don’t do more than 2 weeks in a row with bands. If I do use reverse bands, it’s on the second exercise of my workout which is my heavy compound movement

This is good to know, for a while I became a obsesive with this strategy and used it for weeks, I was on a cut and when you are on a diet the forces are scarce and the bands help to push some extra reps, but definitely you end up burned out.

Now I use it from time to time and try not to force it to failure, it is not necessary.

This is good to know, for a while I became a obsesive with this strategy and used it for weeks, I was on a cut and when you are on a diet the forces are scarce and the bands help to push some extra reps, but definitely you end up burned out.

Now I use it from time to time and try not to force it to failure, it is not necessary.
Reverse banding allows you to overload the top half of the lift with more weight than you can lift on your own with a full range of motion. Banding causes an increased eccentric load due to the bands pulling the weight downwards. Both of these cause a lot of muscle and connective tissue damage which can be hard to recover from if done too often. And both overload the nervous system for obvious reasons

Bands tend to beat me up just as much maybe even more than raw weight.

I tore my right pec years ago (required surgury).

If I fair my elbows too early i can feel it and it miss grooves me, the slingshot by design prevents that.
True, both end up really coming down to the bar path.
As someone who was a raw competitor, SS worked better and you're 100% right, kept my elbows tucked and in turn, help all the necessary stuff i needed to get into the low to mid 500's bench wise.

But benched in PL also made me a front delt and tricep dominant presser. And the SS keeps it that way. Once venturing off into BBing, i needed more direct work on my pecs in pressing and reverse banding allowed me to do that without destroying myself. Both lighten the load in the right place, but bands allow you a little bit more variety in exactly how you are pressing.

I also have/had a terrrrrible L shoulder from college football and both the SS/reverse bands have kept that safe. Ive torn my left pec and allll of my L shoulder. Basically, both can and do work well and very similarly, but i used them as different points in my lifting career based on what i was trying to accomplish.

As someone who was a raw competitor, SS worked better and you're 100% right, kept my elbows tucked and in turn, help all the necessary stuff i needed to get into the low to mid 500's bench wise.

But benched in PL also made me a front delt and tricep dominant presser. And the SS keeps it that way. Once venturing off into BBing, i needed more direct work on my pecs in pressing and reverse banding allowed me to do that without destroying myself. Both lighten the load in the right place, but bands allow you a little bit more variety in exactly how you are pressing.

I also have/had a terrrrrible L shoulder from college football and both the SS/reverse bands have kept that safe. Ive torn my left pec and allll of my L shoulder. Basically, both can and do work well and very similarly, but i used them as different points in my lifting career based on what i was trying to accomplish.
I fully agree

I guess I have to try revers band in press myself then. I've been training hardcore with a free load all my life and the gangs just seem a bit pussy lol but I think it's time to change my mind because I'm turning 33 years old and this body is not as fresh as 5-8 years ago

I guess I have to try revers band in press myself then. I've been training hardcore with a free load all my life and the gangs just seem a bit pussy lol but I think it's time to change my mind because I'm turning 33 years old and this body is not as fresh as 5-8 years ago
You’ll be glad you did. They really let you overload the contraction, while reducing some of the weight in the bottom where it’s dangerous. At 38 years old and 20 years of very heavy lifting I definitely credit these and using the mats on the bench with my continued shoulder health. I have zero pain or impingement

Hunter Labrada seems to be a big fan of doing them in the smith machine. I see him do them in nearly all his chest workouts https://www.instagram.com/p/CVRrW8SA2mi/?utm_medium=copy_link

Implementing accommodating resistance has allowed me to add way more pressing volume in exchange of isolation work.

Banded or chain Close grip bench is more "hardcore" than extentions or push downs.

I highly recommend trying it.

Implementing accommodating resistance has allowed me to add way more pressing volume in exchange of isolation work.

Banded or chain Close grip bench is more "hardcore" than extentions or push downs.

I highly recommend trying it.
Banded smith machine close grip presses is possibly my favorite tricep exercise

Luki, promise youll love it. My L shoulder is shit and my right pec is blahhh....but reverse band allows me to still train heavy and not be scared at the bottom. Definitely prolonged my pressing career....I honestly hadnt touched it until 2 years ago when another dude i respect (laaarge 6'3 280lb Kiwi) sold me on it. He was a huge presser and he just couldnt take the wear and tear much more. Shifted to reverse banded stuff and could still keep intensity high.

Speaking of bands….this is one of my favorite ways to use them. The accommodating resistance on the push downs leads to an insanely hard tricep contraction and gives me an insane pump

Attachments

• 32F5D527-2C30-4276-BFC5-A531513070C2.jpeg
    32F5D527-2C30-4276-BFC5-A531513070C2.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 26
Speaking of bands….this is one of my favorite ways to use them. The accommodating resistance on the push downs leads to an insanely hard tricep contraction and gives me an insane pump
That’s smart. I think just the way leverages work we’re pretty much all stronger near the bottom part of the arc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jakestan2001
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131