over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slingshot is my favorite workout tool

mpjuice

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
The slingshot (by mark bell) has been a game changer for me, my shoulders are feeling the best they have since I can remember and I have been able to increase pressing volume. I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Ps
I am in no way affiliated with Mark Bell, just want to share how great it has been for me.

I bought an elbow one seemed to elevate pressure when I was having tendenitis pain. It's been missing about the same time as my wrist wraps about a year

Some high school kid yesterday asked me to spot him and I've been missing my inzer wrist wraps for about a year and he had them on and I told him that I bought them back in 2002, and low and behold they had the faded inzer Writing and the left loophole was broken. He said they're probably yours , took them off and handed them to me.

You will get a very similar effect by using the reverse band only at a much lower cost
I do a fair amout of band work, The weight curve is similar... but thats it.

BANDS ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE SLINGSHOT

You will get a very similar effect by using the reverse band only at a much lower cost
I absolutely love reverse banding barbell chest movements. Even on the smith machine.

I do a fair amout of band work, The weight curve is similar... but thats it.

BANDS ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE SLINGSHOT
ridiculously similar and have used both religiously

ridiculously similar and have used both religiously
Bands tend to beat me up just as much maybe even more than raw weight.

I tore my right pec years ago (required surgury).

If I fair my elbows too early i can feel it and it miss grooves me, the slingshot by design prevents that.

I absolutely love reverse banding barbell chest movements. Even on the smith machine.
Do you shorten the bottom range of motion on bench? I began doing that with decline bench (flat was shit for my shoulder injury) and I’m told by multiple people I will need to shorten my range because of shoulder injury even after recovering from my capsuloraphy/labral repair/infraspinatus repair surgery.

Curious also what @mpjuice thinks on ROM for pressing exercises.

I’m planning on returning to pressing by doing floor press in rack off pins.

Do you shorten the bottom range of motion on bench? I began doing that with decline bench (flat was shit for my shoulder injury) and I’m told by multiple people I will need to shorten my range because of shoulder injury even after recovering from my capsuloraphy/labral repair/infraspinatus repair surgery.

I bench with a somewhat elbows tucked bench to protect the shoulder capsule. If I do a decline bench, I do it on the floor with an a mat under my lower back. This prevents the shoulder from moving back behind the plane of the torso like you can do on a thin bench. If I bench on a bench flat, I place two of those foam mats on it. This provides stability to the shoulder(picked up this tip from Donnie Thompson as a cheap fix if you don’t have a fat pad for your bench). I always stop two inches short on incline presses. I also only do dumbell bench presses with a mostly nuetral grip. At almost 40 years old I have no shoulder issues

I bench with a somewhat elbows tucked bench to protect the shoulder capsule. If I do a decline bench, I do it on the floor with an a mat under my lower back. This prevents the shoulder from moving back behind the plane of the torso like you can do on a thin bench. If I bench on a bench flat, I place two of those foam mats on it. This provides stability to the shoulder(picked up this tip from Donnie Thompson as a cheap fix if you don’t have a fat pad for your bench). I always stop two inches short on incline presses. I also only do dumbell bench presses with a mostly nuetral grip. At almost 40 years old I have no shoulder issues
That’s gold man. How thick are the foam pads? I’m trying to envision how that’s set up.

And definitely do this exercise when your healthy enough. I credit this a lot with bulletproofing my shoulders

That’s gold man. How thick are the foam pads? I’m trying to envision how that’s set up.
They’re like an inch thick each. Just those yoga mats you always see sitting around the gym. It provides something for the rear of the shoulder capsule to rest on so you can’t really press your shoulder back into the socket to cheat the weight like you can on a narrow bench that your shoulders can literally hang off of

Ideally you want one of these pads on your bench, or you can just lay it on the floor to follower press. But you can kind of recreate it with two of these just laid over the bench long ways

Attachments

• B572006B-10DD-489E-9382-EF8525B151F1.png
    B572006B-10DD-489E-9382-EF8525B151F1.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 192CA05A-1CB3-47EC-8E97-73F6BDCB46C8.png
    192CA05A-1CB3-47EC-8E97-73F6BDCB46C8.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 10

As we know the bottom part of the bench is the part that puts the most stress on the joints,

However, I don't believe It is a good idea to always just artificially do partial rom, I think this practice contributed to my injuries in the past.

Think about it this way if you go a little heavier one time and end up going lower than usual it can be dangerous. If the bottom part hurts too much I would stick with things like with things like floor press board press even pin press so on and so forth.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member