over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Slingshot is my favorite workout tool

That’s smart. I think just the way leverages work we’re pretty much all stronger near the bottom part of the arc.
Correct. And you can take advantage of that by overloading the end range of the motion with a band which allows you to lift more than you normally could. If you could do 1 set of 10 to failure with 100 pounds on the pressdown, adding a small band would now allow you to do a set of ten that starts at 100 in the stretch position, and ends at 120 in the extended position

What lb. resistance bands are y’all using for the reverse banding? 15lb, 30lb?

Cage

What lb. resistance bands are y’all using for the reverse banding? 15lb, 30lb?

Cage
I use 1 Orange elitefts band that comes with the mountaindog band pack. I’d have to look up the poundage

I use 1 Orange elitefts band that comes with the mountaindog band pack. I’d have to look up the poundage
Think those are roughly ~15lbs… That’s kinda what I thought y’all were talking about. Thanks!

Cage

This one. Pro light band. I use this for chest pressing. I use one on each side to reverse band a squat or hack squat. And I band with these as well for deadlifts

Attachments

• CD45BEC7-27A5-40AB-94FE-3C234D2B6C94.png
    CD45BEC7-27A5-40AB-94FE-3C234D2B6C94.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 12
Speaking of bands….this is one of my favorite ways to use them. The accommodating resistance on the push downs leads to an insanely hard tricep contraction and gives me an insane pump

Bands can be used in so many ways, you no longer need a cable machine. The pumps are much more intense, too painful

Bands can be used in so many ways, you no longer need a cable machine.
I like the combination, but yes you’re right. Banded seated cable rows feel really nice too

I like the combination, but yes you’re right. Banded seated cable rows feel really nice too

I still use the cable machine since you maintain a constant tension throughout the travel and you can adjust the resistence more precisely, but if someone does not have the machine available, they can get great results from the bands.

I thought it was just me who was getting crazy bombs with the gangs, just like the burned-out SNC thing.

I still use the cable machine since you maintain a constant tension throughout the travel and you can adjust the resistence more precisely, but if someone does not have the machine available, they can get great results from the bands.

I thought it was just me who was getting crazy bombs with the gangs, just like the burned-out SNC thing.
Im definitely a fan of accommodating resistance

Attachments

• 2625E7D4-05F0-45D6-B619-1A3ECFD2C987.jpeg
    2625E7D4-05F0-45D6-B619-1A3ECFD2C987.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 14
  • CAB764EA-9AA0-4791-B1DD-5ED6A13FE7D5.jpeg
    CAB764EA-9AA0-4791-B1DD-5ED6A13FE7D5.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 8AF057F3-C2D9-4148-964C-CCF2B55267C1.jpeg
    8AF057F3-C2D9-4148-964C-CCF2B55267C1.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 3BB887D1-2703-48C5-9E1D-FB31C168FB56.jpeg
    3BB887D1-2703-48C5-9E1D-FB31C168FB56.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 14
Think those are roughly ~15lbs… That’s kinda what I thought y’all were talking about. Thanks!

Cage
Well I was waaaayyyy off of the weight resistance! The Rogue brand’s orange color is the ~15lbs. Guess there’s a large difference in resistance between brands. Why not just make it uniform so it’s easy!

Cage

Well I was waaaayyyy off of the weight resistance! The Rogue brand’s orange color is the ~15lbs. Guess there’s a large difference in resistance between brands. Why not just make it uniform so it’s easy!

Cage
Ya they’re different. The elite ones are 59ish up to 130ish. And then you have to take into account if you’re double looping them how much heavier it is. Elitefts has an article somewhere on how to calculate band tension. With this band single looped around a power rack to a barbell, you’re removing around 40-60 pounds in the bottom

Ya they’re different. The elite ones are 59ish up to 130ish. And then you have to take into account if you’re double looping them how much heavier it is. Elitefts has an article somewhere on how to calculate band tension. With this band single looped around a power rack to a barbell, you’re removing around 40-60 pounds in the bottom
So how do you know what poundage’s you’re actually hoisting up? Do you do the calculations in your head whenever you band up the weight or do you just go by what feels right to you?

Cage

So how do you know what poundage’s you’re actually hoisting up? Do you do the calculations in your head whenever you band up the weight or do you just go by what feels right to you?

Cage
I’ve used the calculator to figure it out in the past. But I’ve used them so long now I can judge why it will feel like based on the distance ir what exercise I’m using. The number doesn’t really matter as long as it’s consistent. You don’t want to take off a ton of load. Maybe 15 percent at the bottom. For logbook purposes I record it as whatever weight plus x band. As you get stronger on an exercise, you’ll want to move up to a heavier band or start double looping

those of you who use the sling do you use it every time you bench? i know a lot of ppl i have seen use it just to push their ego and press more but i use it every time i flat bench bc it srsly hurts my shldrs to NOT use it while pressing.

those of you who use the sling do you use it every time you bench? i know a lot of ppl i have seen use it just to push their ego and press more but i use it every time i flat bench bc it srsly hurts my shldrs to NOT use it while pressing.
You shouldn’t. It’s a tool to be used here and there

Cage

You cannot know exactly the resistance as it varies throughout the exercise and also as the bands wear and tear. But the muscles do not understand about numbers, so, just buy different band sets with and use it depending on the exercise and number of repetitions that you are looking for.

If flat benching hurts, you should probably stop and figure out why. Try the yoga mat trick I posted earlier. It helps

the "poundage" on bands is completely different based on how the band is set up (choked, double choked, doubled) and what exercise... a light band (orange) can be 15lbs on one exercise and 65lbs on another. Unless you are training conjugate does it really matter the exact tension in pounds barring it is consistent and appropriate for strength curve?

I use it on flat bench more than not, but not 100%

Steve Shaw (massive iron channel on yt) Only benches raw at power lifting meets and trains with the Slingshot all the time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws