over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bicep tricks for a rounder look?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know this is some basic stuff but let me explain.
Increasing total arm size is not the issue here. I have long flat bicep heads that when relaxed look a bit like the peak is down closer to the elbow with a dip in the middle of the length of the muscle.
This goes away a bit with a pump.
I never give Bi’s much thought to be honest but I was watching a YouTube video and thought about what could I do to change this look.

I’ve always believed that shape is largely genetic but I know some people subscribe to the idea that angles and exercises can help overcome this. Overall my arms are very tricep dominant, as in its disproportionate. Probably contributing to my disproportionate strength on pressing movements compared to other lifts. Again could just be genetically predisposed to pressing due to overall body structure.
Using Phil Hernon’s 3 on 1 off program, does anyone have any tips or tricks for this. The bicep looks fine when flexed if that matters with very slight dips, probably only noticeable to me, when flexed.

Bicep shape is one of those things I’ve just never given any thought to.

For clarity, ignore my fatness that will be dealt with at a future date.

Attachments

• 73DB330D-E9D4-4082-95E3-82C83DF78207.jpeg
    73DB330D-E9D4-4082-95E3-82C83DF78207.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 2E844764-3B6B-4F47-8014-35265B09B419.jpeg
    2E844764-3B6B-4F47-8014-35265B09B419.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 117
I got my my best results when adding hammer curls and seated incline curls.
Before that I just used the curl bar.
But Bi's can be tricky and to find what works for you takes time and consistency

I keep my doses comparatively low to many. If I get as lean as in my avatar pic I can maintain but growing is extremely slow.
At my current body fat, muscle growth is much much faster. At 41, I’m trying to top my highest body weight ever of 225 and be very lean at it.
Based on a lot of years, I believe I’ll need to eat up to 240 or so and diet down if I want to do this by April.
Also, for complete transparency, until the new year I’m only watching protein and total calories with the goal to grow. Holidays and birthdays etc.

Did you ever try drag curls? I always do incline bench curls for a similar effect.

Did you ever try drag curls? I always do incline bench curls for a similar effect.
I think I played with drag curls doing DC years ago. Incline curls get weird because I can only load 1 db at a time due to the selection of plates I have.
I was thinking of straight bar spider curls too using the adjustable bench and going over it with my chest.

I think I played with drag curls doing DC years ago. Incline curls get weird because I can only load 1 db at a time due to the selection of plates I have.
I was thinking of straight bar spider curls too using the adjustable bench and going over it with my chest.
Spider curls would work well. Another is using a cable machine to curl .Lying down on your back and using the low row, never tried that.

Spider curls would work well. Another is using a cable machine to curl .Lying down on your back and using the low row, never tried that.
I only have a single overhead pulley that I made myself. Maybe lay on the bench and curl towards my face being careful not to crack the top of my head open with the swinging plate attached.🤣🤣
You’ll see a pic of me with my kids bicycle helmet on trying this in a few days.

What I found over the years, at least for me...my bicep shape was pretty much genetic. When I would lean out for shows, yes it was greatly improved and the peak would come out more, but never really "change" the shape. Hammer curls did help me add thickness, but never really change the shape.

What I found over the years, at least for me...my bicep shape was pretty much genetic. When I would lean out for shows, yes it was greatly improved and the peak would come out more, but never really "change" the shape. Hammer curls did help me add thickness, but never really change the shape.
I’ve always subscribed to this idea too. I want to exhaust everything I can before my first ever big blast in may. Haven’t gone past slightly over a gram per week in the past. Maybe 1100 mg total in my early 30’s
I’ll be going up to a whopping 2g total with increasing dose ages every 4 to 6 weeks with test/deca starting at 400 test and 500 deca

Since you did a picture with your "fatness"..and I know that is hard to do when your bulking. I will do one of my fatness...in my mid 40's now, so I don't really care about competing anymore...my highest weight ever was around 295lbs (in my 30's)... now adays I am sitting around 265lbs and can't say I even care. Too broken to hang with the young kids anymore (open heart surgery, mechanical valve, 2 back surgeries, scoped shoulder, etc..etc..) In this pic was helping a Teen get ready for his first show, he ended up taking the win in his class. :)

Attachments

• bodybuilding side by side.jpg
    bodybuilding side by side.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 78
I do drag curls on a smith machine.......they seem to work well but sometimes they fuck with my wrists.

Love drag curls with a straight barbell. Gives my biceps the best pump ever!!! Found out abt em years ago, and they’ve been in my rotation ever since!

Cage

I do drag curls on a smith machine.......they seem to work well but sometimes they fuck with my wrists.
I'd just do it with a free bar. The Smith locks you into the one plane and doesn't allow a natural line of movement.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity