over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tore my bicep

You will be back soon bigger and stronger than ever.

I had the button on the last distal rupture I had. I was aggressive with a very good therapist. Therapy everyday for a few hours. Didn’t tough a weight due 6 months. It was 9 months to a full recovery and I was told that I was ahead of the curve by quote a ways. No hgh no test at all.

I had the button on the last distal rupture I had. I was aggressive with a very good therapist. Therapy everyday for a few hours. Didn’t tough a weight due 6 months. It was 9 months to a full recovery and I was told that I was ahead of the curve by quote a ways. No hgh no test at all.

So no test at all during the 9 months?

So no test at all during the 9 months?
You can do whatever you feel necessary. I was just stating that I had the button/distal repair and for thst recovery I ran nothing. Not until month 8-9 I started a Deca/test run. Recovery on that arm was near 100% it’s been over 11 years I’m still good to go. Rehab the fuck outta that arm as directed. Don’t rely on drugs for recovery. The don’t really work in your favor that way.

I have ruptured my bicep tendon and there no pain either. I tend to think tearing off the bone is better then some other ways for it to tear. While it is sad just attaching it to the bone is probably easier to recover then patching pieces back together. Good luck.

Awe hell!! I’ve had a lingering bicep pain I’ve been working around.. I’m now going to chill out on anything that can pull the tendon.

Good luck on your recovery, bud!
I think bio made a good post a while back, I could be wrong, usually with a bicep tear it doesn't just snap as a freak accident but it's more a cumulative affect. So I'd be very careful maybe use light weight or cables for a bit

Awe hell!! I’ve had a lingering bicep pain I’ve been working around.. I’m now going to chill out on anything that can pull the tendon.

Good luck on your recovery, bud!

I would recommend just training legs for 1 week. Then when you come back no heavy back training and any bi-cep curls should be light weight with partial ROM. In that time it wouldn't be a bad idea to be dosing BPC-157 and TB-500. Supplemental curcumin and fish oil wouldn't be a bad idea either. Some topical diclofenac gel may be useful if it's very inflammed. I am sure with some down time and aids to increase healing and lower inflammation it will be back to normal very soon. Incidentally have you added in any new medications or drugs in the last 6 months?

There was never any real pain with any of my tears. Well, I tore my ham very badly or what seemed like it, it turned black from my ass to ankle. Incidentally I had just read about ham injuries on elitefts and their recommendation was to ice it a bit then wrap a knee wrap HARD around your thigh to limit the initial excessive bleeding. They claimed this could hasten recovery by several months! I know other physical therapists disagree but I was back 100% pretty quick. Also started doing very light ham curls the day after which is supposedly very important for a muscle to heal "the right way." The wrap did hurt like a SOB, so I only wrapped it as hard as I could withstand.

I read about another method they supposedly used. Dozens or hundreds of microinject with water into the torn muscle to stimulate healing. Didn't try it but would probably have used a whole bunch of growth factors instead of just plain water.

With my bicep I knew I wanted/needed to have surgery. They tried to discourage surgery and just said, "this is what happens when you do steroids!"
I just said I might kill myself if it isn't fixed lol.

There was never any real pain with any of my tears. Well, I tore my ham very badly or what seemed like it, it turned black from my ass to ankle. Incidentally I had just read about ham injuries on elitefts and their recommendation was to ice it a bit then wrap a knee wrap HARD around your thigh to limit the initial excessive bleeding. They claimed this could hasten recovery by several months! I know other physical therapists disagree but I was back 100% pretty quick. Also started doing very light ham curls the day after which is supposedly very important for a muscle to heal "the right way." The wrap did hurt like a SOB, so I only wrapped it as hard as I could withstand.

I read about another method they supposedly used. Dozens or hundreds of microinject with water into the torn muscle to stimulate healing. Didn't try it but would probably have used a whole bunch of growth factors instead of just plain water.

With my bicep I knew I wanted/needed to have surgery. They tried to discourage surgery and just said, "this is what happens when you do steroids!"
I just said I might kill myself if it isn't fixed lol.
How did you tear it?

Your in good company. Tore mine last year. Had surgery but it isn't like it was. After surgery, keep it in the sling tight against the chest.

How did you tear it?

The ham or bicep? The ham popped on the first rep of a deadlift set with 660lbs.

For the bicep I was lifting a heavy welding machine on wheels with one arm, supinated. Just trying to get the front end over a curb. I didn't want to bother someone by asking for help, which was stupid of me and I have always been intimately aware and afraid of bicep tears. My boss almost didn't believe me, "that doesn't just happen." The dumbass. But he did send me to a doc who also couldn't see anything had happened but I insisted on an MRI which confirmed exactly what I knew.

The ham or bicep? The ham popped on the first rep of a deadlift set with 660lbs.

For the bicep I was lifting a heavy welding machine on wheels with one arm, supinated. Just trying to get the front end over a curb. I didn't want to bother someone by asking for help, which was stupid of me and I have always been intimately aware and afraid of bicep tears. My boss almost didn't believe me, "that doesn't just happen." The dumbass. But he did send me to a doc who also couldn't see anything had happened but I insisted on an MRI which confirmed exactly what I knew.
Lifting anything heavy whether a weight or a welding machine with supinated arm is sure asking for trouble. I came close to one a couple years ago when picking up a heavy tool box with one hand...felt sharp pain in bicep then put the box down.

You can see the bicep is shorter, retracted from the elbow.. the ER doctors said it was a tear through the inner head, not the outer... I have full range of motion, it's just certain angles and pressures are out of question... one person asked was I doing an under hand grip, yup, I was... I broke my wrist back in December and haven't done any deads of any kind in a year... my bicep was already in a lot of pain but I figured deads were ok... 315 felt light.. 405 too easy.. 495 got it no problem, so put 585 on the bar, the moment I got it up I felt and heard the tear... ER gave me a referral to the surgeon, they were closed last week, gonna call tomorrow, but I have out of state insurance, so wondering if they will do it..

IMG_20230911_005001249~3.jpg

You can see the bicep is shorter, retracted from the elbow.. the ER doctors said it was a tear through the inner head, not the outer... I have full range of motion, it's just certain angles and pressures are out of question... one person asked was I doing an under hand grip, yup, I was... I broke my wrist back in December and haven't done any deads of any kind in a year... my bicep was already in a lot of pain but I figured deads were ok... 315 felt light.. 405 too easy.. 495 got it no problem, so put 585 on the bar, the moment I got it up I felt and heard the tear... ER gave me a referral to the surgeon, they were closed last week, gonna call tomorrow, but I have out of state insurance, so wondering if they will do it..

View attachment 182438

Same as mine, most of the bleeding was on the forearm.

No MRI though? Even with an MRI they might not get a complete picture until they open you up. My surgeon told me it was just as I had thought. The bicep was hanging on by a thread, a couple of centimeters retracted so he cut it loose, tidied up the frayed end and then reattached. I'm sure it would have detached completely had I simply went back to training. I recommend you make sure what in looks like on an MRI and even if they don't want to operate I would insist on it if you care about aesthetics at all and want full regain of function. Dorian competed with the torn bicep but look at it now!

I suffered bilateral pec tears back in early July. Mine was from a construction accident. I had one side repaired at the end of July and the other at the end of August. As other have said, it is a good 6 - 9 month recovery. Really can't do anything with this for the first couple months while the tendons heal. Sooner the repair the better. My second surgery was must more involved because of all of the scar tissue buildup. Best of luck to you in your recovery.

Same as mine, most of the bleeding was on the forearm.

No MRI though? Even with an MRI they might not get a complete picture until they open you up. My surgeon told me it was just as I had thought. The bicep was hanging on by a thread, a couple of centimeters retracted so he cut it loose, tidied up the frayed end and then reattached. I'm sure it would have detached completely had I simply went back to training. I recommend you make sure what in looks like on an MRI and even if they don't want to operate I would insist on it if you care about aesthetics at all and want full regain of function. Dorian competed with the torn bicep but look at it now!
The Ortho surgeon is on vacation but when he comes back I'm gonna see what he can do.. my medical insurance might not cover it though because I am out of state

I tore mine and had to have surgery. You'll need surgery man. They told me I'll lose 25% strength and range of motion. I'm not a doctor, but I know exactly what you did. Unfortunately, it happened to me.

Underhand grip can be extremely hard on the biceps

I believe thats how dorian tore his (doing rows)

Only time i do a rev grip for back is single arm cables or using a ez bar doing a lying row on a incline bench.

Both with very moderate weight

Good luck with your recovery
Im sure you will find some nifty gadgets for recovery lol

The Ortho surgeon is on vacation but when he comes back I'm gonna see what he can do.. my medical insurance might not cover it though because I am out of state
Bro, call your insurance. The number on the back of the card. get a person on the line and explain what happened and that you need to see an ortho doc. I would get in sooner than later as the muscle retracts, becomes harder to attach along with having increased tightness after a surgery. The insurance line should be able to provide you with an explanation of what is covered out of state and what is not. If its more cost effective to travel home, have it done and stay with parents or something then fly back a week or two later then do that.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131