over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Reducing waist size

No long ago in a thread there was mention of pros not being able to reduce their waist size, i had mentioned Ben Pak as being one to do so and then today on Instagram I see this post from Charles G.
Looks to me his waist is smaller, is this just from practicing vacuums 🤔 View attachment 154807

Maybe reach out and ask him?
He was pretty approachable- cool cat - when I ran into him.

He definitely tightened up and added size.

I’m not sure the actual structure/size of the waist changed. I’m sure as fuck that he learned how to control it and pose it better for his structure.
The hip bone won't change in size but to the entire abdominal structure is tissue that can expand, contract, shrink, and grow, under mechanical force and tension

The hip bone won't change in size but to the entire abdominal structure is tissue that can expand, contract, shrink, and grow, under mechanical force and tension
I didn’t say it couldn’t. I agree with you.
I said I’m not sure it actually changed.

Always wondered the proper way to do vaccumes, you search YouTube everyone does them different. Some day breathe out all the air, some say suck in, standing, leaning over, suck in through your sphincter, wonder if it even matters as long as your using your tva to pull it all in.

Also the minimum amount needed for it to actually make a difference? Cuz we could potentially do them all day if we had time.

Always wondered the proper way to do vaccumes, you search YouTube everyone does them different. Some day breathe out all the air, some say suck in, standing, leaning over, suck in through your sphincter, wonder if it even matters as long as your using your tva to pull it all in.

Also the minimum amount needed for it to actually make a difference? Cuz we could potentially do them all day if we had time.
if you do 5-6 vacuums where you hold in 30seconds and do them properly, you will not be able to do them all day..
Your obliques will hurt like shit.
Ive started doing 3-5 vacuums every morning (air completely out then suck in as hard as you can) and it definitely makes a difference

if you do 5-6 vacuums where you hold in 30seconds and do them properly, you will not be able to do them all day..
Your obliques will hurt like shit.
Ive started doing 3-5 vacuums every morning (air completely out then suck in as hard as you can) and it definitely makes a difference
But you can keep it sucked in all day

But you can keep it sucked in all day
well, there is a difference between sucked in and really doing vacuums.
I think sucking slightly in wont change your waist line.
You have to forcefully pull in and hold. then pull in more. breath out the last bit of air and one pull in another 1/2 inch
doing vacuums needs practice and is different from not just letting your stomach hang out..

you know, you can also do biceps curls all day or do them for 8-12 reps properly with intensity. Guess what brings us to our goal

Training the TVA….skip hill talks about this

Also specifically dieting to lose visceral fat might help…low carb, fasting, anavar, less insulin load during diet…🤷‍♂️

Training the TVA….skip hill talks about this

Also specifically dieting to lose visceral fat might help…low carb, fasting, anavar, less insulin load during diet…🤷‍♂️
Explain ^^^^

Losing weight through a simple calorie defecit, you will lose visceral fat.

Nothing special about low carb, or fasting or less insulin load!

What was the purpose of the side by side comparison (presumably by the BB'er)? If one purposefully wanted to show progress of how they reduced the size of their abs, you would think they'd use two identical poses.

well, there is a difference between sucked in and really doing vacuums.
I think sucking slightly in wont change your waist line.
You have to forcefully pull in and hold. then pull in more. breath out the last bit of air and one pull in another 1/2 inch
doing vacuums needs practice and is different from not just letting your stomach hang out..

you know, you can also do biceps curls all day or do them for 8-12 reps properly with intensity. Guess what brings us to our goal
Idk I was a fat kid between the ages of 12 and 16 and I sucked in my belly 24/7 during that time, and to this day I can do a vacuum no problem and I never have to practice

Idk I was a fat kid between the ages of 12 and 16 and I sucked in my belly 24/7 during that time, and to this day I can do a vacuum no problem and I never have to practice
haha, okay :D
if it is a true vacuum then respect. I still struggle to hold it over 30seconds because it gets so hard to squeeze in while not being able to breath xD

Explain ^^^^

I've wondered about this a lot with the distended guts, fatty liver, pancreas, viscera, etc. How evenly is fat lost throughout the body? I don't know. But if a guy has 30lbs of visceral fat and 20lbs of subcutaneous fat, wouldn't the mirror show a very cut muscularity while visceral fat still remains?

Years ago I was told bro-to-bro that visceral fat is the first to go though, but how true that is, I have no idea. And then you have the different types of fatty deposits brown and white.

The difference in the original two photos above is a MAJOR improvement. Gives me hope.

Explain ^^^^

Well the first statement is obviously true.

The seconds, I dont think that’s completely true. There’s some evidence that VLC diets have a propensity to have a higher % visceral fat loss than LFHC diets. IIRC most of the studies were on obese subjects.

And visceral fat and insulin levels are highly correlated in all types of studies ranging from diets, metabolic syndrome, T2D inflammation.

I’m not saying it will make a big difference. I’m saying in average humans and T2D, it sure as shit does make a difference to some extent.

Edit: Bodybuilders on PEDs, I don’t put that in the same wheelhouse as uncle bob thats pre diabetic…so clinical evidence doesn’t help a whole hell of a lot.

As someone who doesn't follow competitive bodybuilding when did the waists start getting out of hand? 90s, 2000's? I feel like when I started reading forums in about 2000 insulin use wasn't as popular could be wrong. I don't recall seeing mention of long acting or slin with every meal. I feel like around 2000 is when I started seeing more of these carb drinks, mass gainers so guys could get in more calories without having to eat and properly digest while foods.

Seems like gh is more easy to access and readily available now than it was in 2000.

Anyone know what the men's phsique guys do to keep tight? I'm sure they have the genetics to naturally have tighter waists and don't forcefeed but I'd also guess they spend more time focusing on keeping it tight vs bodybuilder.

I have posted about this before. I think many assume because x person is a pro bodybuilder they are doing everything but most guys programs are basic at best. There is a lot to this but it's all pretty basic stuff. The difference is these guys (and 99.9% of us) aren't doing everything they/we could do keep our waists super tight. The longer you go with a wider waist the harder it will be to get it back but you can always improve it. There will always be a limit but the difference could be significant if you cover all bases.

The obvious starting point is nutrition and picking foods that you digest well. You want low inflammatory foods. You want to make your body work for you and not against you. You want adequate fibre and pre/pro-biotics in your diet. Ideally you want all health markers to be in range so everything is working optimally.

Then comes the waist training and the vacuums and the belts and avoiding certain movements that could be thickening your obliques etc. There are women who wear tight squeems (burlesque dancers etc) and they can make their waists tiny. There are levels to this and you can go too far to the point it's bad for your internal organs and health. Obviously the tighter and longer you wear it the bigger the difference could be. So if you incorporate a squeem or tight belt into your daily routine it could help massively. Then comes the breathing in and vacuums and again the more you put it the more you get back.

There will always be limits to this but if everything is done together I don't see why some guys couldn't take off inches from their waist whilst maintaining fullness everywhere else. Like with anything it's just a matter of how much work you want to put into things.

As someone who doesn't follow competitive bodybuilding when did the waists start getting out of hand? 90s, 2000's? I feel like when I started reading forums in about 2000 insulin use wasn't as popular could be wrong. I don't recall seeing mention of long acting or slin with every meal. I feel like around 2000 is when I started seeing more of these carb drinks, mass gainers so guys could get in more calories without having to eat and properly digest while foods.

Seems like gh is more easy to access and readily available now than it was in 2000.

Anyone know what the men's phsique guys do to keep tight? I'm sure they have the genetics to naturally have tighter waists and don't forcefeed but I'd also guess they spend more time focusing on keeping it tight vs bodybuilder.

It's not because of supplements. But sure it could be as it's about pushing size over years and if you take in a shitload of weightgainer and other powders to do that it is part of the problem. Many also have issues digesting certain gainers so it could worsen digestion and bloat over time. Although it can work the other way round and some guys using a lot of protein powder instead of meat may have less bloating because they digest it easier. There is no right/wrong answer as it's just about sheer size and pushing calories and food volume over years. Obviously the more you push to be as big as possible the bigger your waist is likely to grow. Then comes drugs such as hgh and insulin and they can definitely worsen the problem (variety of reasons) but it usually comes back to the macronutrients being pushed.

Everyone's genetics are vastly different but even guys with genetically tiny waists if they bulk enough they will get to the point were it starts going against them in the waist department. There is only so much food your body can digest. Most physique guys don't push a huge amount of calories so they are not getting as distended. They would also be severely marked down for having a bigger waist so they actively need to control it and keep it tight.

You may think they have genetically tighter waists than open guys but it's not really the case (well it is for some). Fact is most of the open guys had tight waists when they were 230 pounds as well. If you look at a lot (not all) of the open pro's at 180-230 pounds they were perfect for physique or classic but they continued to grow and as a result so did their waists.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131