over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Israetel volume reccomendations

Just sounds like another full of shit “guru” giving overcomplicated information just to hear themselves talk and sound intelligent to fool the millennials into believing there is some scientific approach that builds more muscle than good old fashioned hard work and dilligance. I’m sick of hearing opinions of these gurus thst have never actually even built an exceptional physique themselves as proof of their advanced bullshit techniques. I’m not impressed seeing a bunch of numbers on a fucking graph. Proof is in the pictures not a chart with a bunch of mathematical equations.
"Dr" mike. The whole Dr thing is just cringe. Forgot his exact degree, but some BS.

"Dr" mike. The whole Dr thing is just cringe. Forgot his exact degree, but some BS.
This statement tells a lot more about you than about Dr Mike Israetel.

Yes, I dont like pretentious people with made up degrees and calling themselves "Dr". Unless youre an MD, or have a STEM degree PHD youre not a "Dr".
I agree with this. We have someone at work who has a PhD in some random field who wants to be referred to as Dr. Whatever boosts her little ego but when I think of a doctor I'm talking medical doctor. Not doctor of basket weaving.

Yes, I dont like pretentious people with made up degrees and calling themselves "Dr". Unless youre an MD, or have a STEM degree PHD youre not a "Dr".
I'm not really a doctor but I do like to convince my wife to let me play doctor. When I do I'm not pretentious, just very thorough.

My formula for training is that it varies for everyone. There is nothing set in stone. You have to experiment and find out what works for you personally. So many things can be a factor. Lifestyle, job, nutrition, age, genetics, injuries etc..

A#50 hit the nail on the head here. Iv trained a thousand different ways and they all work it just depends how much heart you put into it and you have to really believe in what your doing. Patience and perseverance goes a lot further than someone else’s opinions.

imo while important to talk about volume,intensity,frequency we almost forget what matters most which is effort..I must also agree that i don't like the way Israetel acts.He can be really arrogant and cocky at times unlike other well educated coaches (dr.Scott stevenson)

I don’t know about all you guys but I don’t take or ask advice about building muscle from people who don’t look the part and haven’t actually produced great results themselves. Real bodybuilders like bboy who walk the walk. Talk is cheap and means nothing to me. I need proof in a world of fake everything. We used to have a saying “pictures don’t lie” but even that Dosnt really mean much anymore people doctor their pictures with photoshop and various filters these days so often.

The stronger by science ppl spend alot of time overanaylzing and look awful.

I haven't a clue who they are but I just googled it. Obviously you can be extremely knowledgeable and not look the part. Although I find guys ridiculous who talk in depth about weightlifting, strength and bodybuilding and they don't even lift huge weights or look good. If you can't even do the basics why even preach to others. Until you have been there and done it what is the point. Plus guys can look really bad but if they train hard and are on their bodybuilding journey and have made good progress I respect that a lot. I follow snooker and could talk about it but I would never tell people how to play snooker because I am shit at it and I never play it.

Another example are when guys talk about certain drugs like they are experts. You could be an expert about a drug on paper because you have read the literature and user reviews but until you actually take it yourself you will never fully understand that drug. Prime examples of this are DNP and Insulin. It annoys me when you get people acting like experts on both who have never even tried them. Just the same as a scientist going on about hypertrophy who doesn't even lift weights or bodybuild. That was just a general statement and not about Mike Israetel because he actually looks the part and trains. I don't know anything else about him though so can't comment on him specifically.

Reactions: cal
Here is another conundrum. I really like the IDEA of lower volume, higher intensity. BUT, whenever someone has a lagging bodypart, even the low volume guys prescribe MORE volume. Dante Trudel posted on here one day about bringing up a lagging bodypart by adding another session during the week with an exercise to target that muscle. I brought it up that he was prescribing more volume and he answered that it was more frequency, not volume. I didn't want to argue with him, but he increased frequency AND volume. It wasn't like he cut back the volume on another day....he simply added a 2nd day that included more volume. So by the end of the week he might do 3 more working sets for that lagging muscle. Over the course of a year that is an additional 150+ sets. No way around it, it is MORE volume.

Israetel's volume recommendations are something I strongly disagree with. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that a minimal effective dose approach to volume is superior to a maximal recoverable volume one, in terms of training quality, efficiency, and rate of progress. Of course, an optimal individualized dose is what we want.

Volume is what crushes people (with sufficient effort, though Israetel's tortured reading of the data would have you think effort is almost irrelevant); everyone thinks they're genetically endowed and fatigue resistant (but in fact, volume is what crushes people even assisted); and tension (i.e., weight) is the primary driver of hypertrophy.

The data shows diminishing returns after the FIRST SET. Israetel would have you think you can ramp up volume and break through genetic limits (bullshit) even with insufficient effort (e.g., RIR 4).

Any intermediate-advanced trainee will make better progress with less repetitions and total workload with one of several approaches: DOGGCRAPP, MountainDog, et cetera; but switching up training methods to break training monotony will lead to some rapid progress that might make one believe the novel methods are superior. It's really just that you've broken that training monotony.

Here is another conundrum. I really like the IDEA of lower volume, higher intensity. BUT, whenever someone has a lagging bodypart, even the low volume guys prescribe MORE volume. Dante Trudel posted on here one day about bringing up a lagging bodypart by adding another session during the week with an exercise to target that muscle. I brought it up that he was prescribing more volume and he answered that it was more frequency, not volume. I didn't want to argue with him, but he increased frequency AND volume. It wasn't like he cut back the volume on another day....he simply added a 2nd day that included more volume. So by the end of the week he might do 3 more working sets for that lagging muscle. Over the course of a year that is an additional 150+ sets. No way around it, it is MORE volume.

We could go around in circles talking about this subject but obviously the starting volume in that scenario is extremely important. Adding more volume can definitely produce more results but that doesn't mean more volume always equals more results. Often the opposite can be stated also so reducing ones volume can produce more results in many cases. There are 1001 variables and that's why I recommend having a core routine but rotating things occasionally through the years. Fact is you can get great results training low, moderate and high volume but it's about training with excellent form and high effort/intensity and knowing when changes need to be made a.k.a listening to your body.

In the case of a lagging body part excluding the obvious genetics for 90% of people it's usually improper execution (movement patterns) that is what is off. For the people who know how to execute then that's where training volume & frequency (and intensity) can be very important factors and should be played with and often combined with specific dietary changes for maximum results.

I don’t know about all you guys but I don’t take or ask advice about building muscle from people who don’t look the part and haven’t actually produced great results themselves. Real bodybuilders like bboy who walk the walk. Talk is cheap and means nothing to me. I need proof in a world of fake everything. We used to have a saying “pictures don’t lie” but even that Dosnt really mean much anymore people doctor their pictures with photoshop and various filters these days so often.
Have you ever even seen his picture before

Is it bad genetics or lack of good training principles? Like I said I don’t take advice from people that don’t impress me regardless of their titles. I agree the guy has not the greatest genetics but so do alot of other guys who build great bodies.

I am not defending him in the slightest because I have no clue about him. I will say though that's definitely one of the worse pics you can find of him. I know because I googled him before. It should go without stating even if someone looks incredible it doesn't make their knowledge credible. An extreme example of this would be the greatest bodybuilder of all time Ronnie Coleman. So agree or disagree he at least practices what he preaches...

Is it bad genetics or lack of good training principles? Like I said I don’t take advice from people that don’t impress me regardless of their titles. I agree the guy has not the greatest genetics but so do alot of other guys who build great bodies.
I'm not into the whole RIR, and while he's not the greatest bodybuilder, Mike looks a lot better than the pic you chose to post

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RingSteel
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131