over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Bloating

scb82

Newbies
I have been on a fairly low carb diet for the past 2 years to loose weight. Now that I have gotten my body fat more in check I tried doing a 40% carb 40% protein 20% fat diet. My calories are still fairly low around 2000 to 2200. Since I started this I’m bloated and fist feel full as fuck constantly. Is this normal? I weigh 193lbs I’m eating 190 grams of carbs 207 grams of protein and 60 grams of fat. I use to only eat 80 to 100 grams of carbs.

Ummmm IMO going from 100 to 200 carbs should a day really shouldn’t have an affect like that especially if you’re spreading out those extra 100 grams over 4-6 meals. My first question is what kind of carbs? If you’re going from eating oatmeal to Wonder Bread then sure you would definitely be shocking your system which could affect the way you digest and retain additional water. But I don’t see how an extra 100 grams of clean carbs would be so negative…

Of course you will hold more water on 100 of carbs i am sharp as a scalpel on. 200 very lean but not like on a 100. But give a few weeks body will adjust. Trust me. Also timing- make sure that you eat half of carbs postworkout 1/4 before and 1/4 before sleep rest meals carbs free.

Now that I have gotten my body fat more in check I tried doing a 40% carb 40% protein 20% fat diet.

You just posted on your other thread that you were 20% body fat and in the pic you posted it appeared you were north of that number.

Not trying to be a total dick but how do you asses "bloat" when you are 20+% body fat?

Are you doing fasted cardio? If you are eating clean like you say you have been for the last 2 years there's no reason for your body fat to be that high. Most guys are going to be able to get to under 15% buy doing some fasted cardio, training hard, and not eating like an asshole.

How long have you been eating your present diet. You may want to look at changing carb sources. I know when adding carbs back into my diet and the muscles filling back out the fuller feeling in my ab region can feel tighter and less comfortable.

You just posted on your other thread that you were 20% body fat and in the pic you posted it appeared you were north of that number.

Not trying to be a total dick but how do you asses "bloat" when you are 20+% body fat?

Are you doing fasted cardio? If you are eating clean like you say you have been for the last 2 years there's no reason for your body fat to be that high. Most guys are going to be able to get to under 15% buy doing some fasted cardio, training hard, and not eating like an asshole.
You must of only saw the before picture. Because he’s definitely trending in the right direction. So his diet has to be okay since he’s changed quite a bit already.

Cage

You must of only saw the before picture. Because he’s definitely trending in the right direction. So his diet has to be okay since he’s changed quite a bit already.

Cage
I saw both but how do you determine "bloat" at north of 20% body fat. 20 is better than 35% in the before pic but 190g carbs a day isn't going to cause bloat.

I saw both but how do you determine "bloat" at north of 20% body fat. 20 is better than 35% in the before pic but 190g carbs a day isn't going to cause bloat.
This is just my opinion here, but at 20% BF you won’t see the top four abdominal muscles clearly. In his picture you definitely can so whatever he was using to gauge BF isn’t accurate. He’s more like 15% BF. Again just my opinion.

When your 20% or more you’re right. It’d be hard to tell. Only the person would know from what they’re experiencing. Someone from the outside looking in though wouldn’t be able to differentiate between the two.

Cage

Would depend on the bloat. If it is just water being held all over that is one thing if it is causing some abdominal distention to some degree then a guy that is fat could still tell by size and feel.

This is just my opinion here, but at 20% BF you won’t see the top four abdominal muscles clearly. In his picture you definitely can so whatever he was using to gauge BF isn’t accurate. He’s more like 15% BF. Again just my opinion.

When your 20% or more you’re right. It’d be hard to tell. Only the person would know from what they’re experiencing. Someone from the outside looking in though wouldn’t be able to differentiate between the two.

Cage
OP should be very proud of his progress. He has a come a long way and is absolutely trending in the right direction. But he’s def not 15% BF. And I agree at his BF it’s prob hard to tell what’s true bloat.

OP keep doing what you’re doing. I don’t think you need other drugs at this point. Just make sure you’re staying away from processed carbs and drink plenty of water.

One thing to be aware of also, is your food combinations. Having too many carbs and fats in the same meal is less beneficial than say some whole eggs with veg for breakfast, and some chicken with rice later. Proper food combining makes a difference, as well as maintaining a healthy gut. Prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes... keep majority of your carbs around training, to continue progress

Y’all are assuming he means water weight when he says bloat. But if you read the post, it says “I’m bloated and full as fuck” as in his stomach hurts

One thing to be aware of also, is your food combinations. Having too many carbs and fats in the same meal is less beneficial than say some whole eggs with veg for breakfast, and some chicken with rice later. Proper food combining makes a difference, as well as maintaining a healthy gut. Prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes... keep majority of your carbs around training, to continue progress
I agree. I avoid mixing fats and carbs as much as possible. Other things to watch out for is eating too fast, not chewing your food properly, drinking too many fluids around meals, not eating enough whole food meals. I suspect many here spend more time planning their cycles than planning their meals. And diet and rest/recovery is mostly what we're doing here.

If by bloat you mean fluid/water retention, well that's probably sodium and/or sugar, sugar pulls in big water, if it's bloat from gas, than that's microbiome and you're probably eating or doing something that's upsetting your stomach/intestinal flora.

I agree. I avoid mixing fats and carbs as much as possible. Other things to watch out for is eating too fast, not chewing your food properly, drinking too many fluids around meals, not eating enough whole food meals. I suspect many here spend more time planning their cycles than planning their meals. And diet and rest/recovery is mostly what we're doing here.

If by bloat you mean fluid/water retention, well that's probably sodium and/or sugar, sugar pulls in big water, if it's bloat from gas, than that's microbiome and you're probably eating or doing something that's upsetting your stomach/intestinal flora.
Some get tore up by too much artificial sweetner and carbonated drinks

Some get tore up by too much artificial sweetner and carbonated drinks
Very true. I've always been big on the little things. I know most of it seems obvious and petty and it's not exactly sexy but if we're talking health, we can't not talk about things like taking care of your teeth and gums, eating actual foods. The simple things.

Very true. I've always been big on the little things. I know most of it seems obvious and petty and it's not exactly sexy but if we're talking health, we can't not talk about things like taking care of your teeth and gums, eating actual foods. The simple things.
Yep. Don’t drink water for 20 minutes before and after a meal. Chew properly. Get ten minutes of activity post meal like a moderate paced walk. Take betaine hcl before 1 or two meals a day. I would bet that the vast majority of bodybuilders do not have enough stomach acid to digest their meals properly due to food volume and limited time between meals. Eat some fermented food every now and then.
If most of the guys on board implemented these things they’d see a drastic increase in their digestive ability.

You seen my picture when I first started. This is my current picture. I was told I’m not 20% body fat but that what the machine said.

Attachments

• BCAA54E8-70D3-416E-A172-58A715AAE615.jpeg
    BCAA54E8-70D3-416E-A172-58A715AAE615.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 29
Of course you will hold more water on 100 of carbs i am sharp as a scalpel on. 200 very lean but not like on a 100. But give a few weeks body will adjust. Trust me. Also timing- make sure that you eat half of carbs postworkout 1/4 before and 1/4 before sleep rest meals carbs free.
Thank you. I’m new to all this so that’s why I’m asking what seems like stupid questions for people who have been bodybuilding for 10+ years. The carbs I am eating are jasmine rice, some me white potatoes, and vegetables.

Yep. Don’t drink water for 20 minutes before and after a meal. Chew properly. Get ten minutes of activity post meal like a moderate paced walk. Take betaine hcl before 1 or two meals a day. I would bet that the vast majority of bodybuilders do not have enough stomach acid to digest their meals properly due to food volume and limited time between meals. Eat some fermented food every now and then.
If most of the guys on board implemented these things they’d see a drastic increase in their digestive ability.
Thank you. I never heard about not drinking water before and after a meal. I’ll try it.

How long have you been eating your present diet. You may want to look at changing carb sources. I know when adding carbs back into my diet and the muscles filling back out the fuller feeling in my ab region can feel tighter and less comfortable.
I have been doing it for a week. I put on 6 pounds. Im praying water lol but I have a lot more energy and strength in the gym. I just don’t like feeling so bloated and full all the time.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lesslilbullie
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131