over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Calcium score ct

Bio will you please help.
quote, from my Dr. after going to endo.
"CT calcium score, it did show likely moderate nonobstructive coronary artery disease. I think this is something that does require some attention and further follow-up. My suggestion is a referral to consult with a cardiologist. Also potentially may need to consider adjusting or discontinuing certain medications such as stimulants or testosterone. reviewed. A total calcium score of 349 implies moderate identifiable plaque and moderate non-obstructive coronary artery disease highly likely. NOOOOOOOOO. I started trt when I was around 40 and cruise at 200 and bump up three of 4 times a year and I take Adderall. These help me. I could not imagine being off testosterone. SO please tell me what to get to get this shit better. I already eat healthily but there were some things that surprised me. But I am going to first start adding steel-cut oats to some scrambled eggs in the morning. The steal cut hopes and he aid to get every thing organic otherwise you are probably using the same shit they use in Round up or something. i have just learned that mine is sort of high.

Reno laid some things out for you but definitely consult with the cardiologist. I wouldn't get off of TRT, there's too many other possibilities. How old are you now? What's the diet like and for how long? When you "bump up" other times during the year, what does that entail?

I did a Calcium Score test and came out 78. I went on a statin and followed much of Dante Trudel's supplement protocol for 3 years. Re-tested and it almost doubled. I only used TRT during that time. 200 mg per week. And had been using it for years prior, so the only thing that changed in the 3 years was the statin and the supps. I am convinced it is genetic and you cannot change it. That said, I have also learned that the statin might actually INCREASE your score because it takes all the dangerous plaque (soft) and hardens it, making it safe. And I have a buddy who took the same test, scored a zero and had a heart attack a few months later due to soft plaque (undetectable) breaking free and clogging his widow maker. So, I would say YES take the test. But understand it is only a piece to the puzzle.
I met with a cardiologist today to discuss this. He seemed reasonably progressive and in line with much of what I have researched. Ultimately here were the takeaway points:

He does not find much value in the coronary calcium test. He has seen people with a zero score have a heart attack and people with 4000 with no issues.​
He believes statins do INCREASE your score because they stabilize the plaque, which is a good thing. The soft (unstable) plaque is undetectable and that is what causes heart attacks. Statins attack the soft plaque, calcify it and in doing so makes it stable (safer). But, it does increase your score.​
He believes the most important thing a person can do is improve their HDL/LDL ratio. The ideal situation is a 1:1 ratio and he said those people simply don't have heart attacks.​
He acknowledged that raising HDL is difficult. He does feel that fish oil is somewhat beneficial, but all other supplements are merely speculative and not proven. He chuckled at some of the pills, potions and extracts that I mentioned.​
He said that since raising HDL is difficult, a person should focus on lowering LDL. He said a LDL of 70 is essentially the holy grail for heart protection. He said that although under 100 is recommended, the difference between 100 and 70 is significant.​
He took me off atorvastatin and put me on Crestor. He said atorvastatin was version 4.0 of statins, and Crestor is the latest and greatest version 5.0. He said Crestor has less sides and actually assists those who suffer from fatty liver. He said it will also INCREASE my HDL.​
He feels testosterone (TRT) is neutral and has no negative impact on cardiac issues provided you stay within the established accepted range (don't exceed 900-1100 or whatever the reference range is). Too high is a problem. Test derivatives are also a problem and can cause cardiac issues.​

I met with a cardiologist today to discuss this. He seemed reasonably progressive and in line with much of what I have researched. Ultimately here were the takeaway points:

He does not find much value in the coronary calcium test. He has seen people with a zero score have a heart attack and people with 4000 with no issues.​
He believes statins do INCREASE your score because they stabilize the plaque, which is a good thing. The soft (unstable) plaque is undetectable and that is what causes heart attacks. Statins attack the soft plaque, calcify it and in doing so makes it stable (safer). But, it does increase your score.​
He believes the most important thing a person can do is improve their HDL/LDL ratio. The ideal situation is a 1:1 ratio and he said those people simply don't have heart attacks.​
He acknowledged that raising HDL is difficult. He does feel that fish oil is somewhat beneficial, but all other supplements are merely speculative and not proven. He chuckled at some of the pills, potions and extracts that I mentioned.​
He said that since raising HDL is difficult, a person should focus on lowering LDL. He said a LDL of 70 is essentially the holy grail for heart protection. He said that although under 100 is recommended, the difference between 100 and 70 is significant.​
He took me off atorvastatin and put me on Crestor. He said atorvastatin was version 4.0 of statins, and Crestor is the latest and greatest version 5.0. He said Crestor has less sides and actually assists those who suffer from fatty liver. He said it will also INCREASE my HDL.​
He feels testosterone (TRT) is neutral and has no negative impact on cardiac issues provided you stay within the established accepted range (don't exceed 900-1100 or whatever the reference range is). Too high is a problem. Test derivatives are also a problem and can cause cardiac issues.​

on my last bloodwork my:

HDL was 7 (lol shit)
LDL was 159
Trigs were 76

that said, no history of heart disease on either side of the family - despite mother's side being full of chain smokers

and i believe that i read a Trig reading of under 100 can artificially raise LDL reading due to the formula they may use to calculate it

either way, been dropping lots of weight, doing cardio, very clean diet, using fish oil and bergamot and dropping orals to get that HDL number up to a somewhat respectable number hopefully

on my last bloodwork my:

HDL was 7 (lol shit)
LDL was 159
Trigs were 76

that said, no history of heart disease on either side of the family - despite mother's side being full of chain smokers

and i believe that i read a Trig reading of under 100 can artificially raise LDL reading due to the formula they may use to calculate it

either way, been dropping lots of weight, doing cardio, very clean diet, using fish oil and bergamot and dropping orals to get that HDL number up to a somewhat respectable number hopefully
I heard this from a buddy who went to a high dollar cardiologist...don't know if it is factual. But GENERALLY speaking, people do not have heart attacks at an age lower than their HDL. Using this theory, if you have an HDL of 57 in theory you would not have a heart attack before you reach that number. Not saying you will have one when you get there, just saying that the rule of thumb is, you won't have one before . SOOOO if you can raise it to the high 70's then you have an even bigger buffer. THIS COULD BE BROSCIENCE since I do not have a verified reference on this. But, this is what he told me. He is a tri athlete who has good finances so he went to a big ticket cardiologist in SoCal who told him this. Whatever the case, this theory emphasizes the importance of a healthy HDL score. (Which is also why I regret ever dabbling into Primo which absolutely crashed mine).

1 - He does not find much value in the coronary calcium test. He has seen people with a zero score have a heart attack and people with 4000 with no issues.​
2 - He believes statins do INCREASE your score because they stabilize the plaque, which is a good thing. The soft (unstable) plaque is undetectable and that is what causes heart attacks. Statins attack the soft plaque, calcify it and in doing so makes it stable (safer). But, it does increase your score.​
3 - He acknowledged that raising HDL is difficult. He does feel that fish oil is somewhat beneficial, but all other supplements are merely speculative and not proven. He chuckled at some of the pills, potions and extracts that I mentioned.​

I numbered things so I could respond easier. It's funny, most times on the forum a doctor's word is discounted but when we want to believe something we do because we like what we hear. Anyway...

As for number one, it saved the life of my friend. Of course you could have a score of zero and still have a heart attack, as there are multiple things that cause heart attacks. You could have a zero score but if your heart beats out of rhythm it could be fatal. When I researched calcified plaque, there was a man, Type II diabetic, with a score over 5,000. It all depends how spread out the calcified plaque is. Most of my friends plaque was in his LAD which made it a Widow Maker. He also had two other severe clogs which is why he needed a triple bypass.

As for number two - https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/316408 https://www.medindia.net/news/healt...ses-greater-risk-of-heart-attack-168735-1.htm

Number 3 - "He chuckled at some of the pills, potions and extracts that I mentioned." Since when do most doctors have much, if any, training when it comes to supplements. A lot of what is talked about here is through trial and error with real life cases. Something he wouldn't be aware of.

Again, to be clear, this test is just a tool like many others. It's not meant to be the one and only defining cardiac test. No one has ever said that. Use it along with the tools we've discussed here!

With the recent heart attacks in the bb industry it’s started making me think about other preventative care measures I can take. How many of you guys get calcium score ct tests done routinely ? How often ? Ive already had ekgs/echos done this year. Am about to add those in maybe once a year or once every 2 years ? Also get bloods done every 3-6 months. Just wanting to take every precaution I can.
Just did mine a few months ago and had a score of Zero. Doc says that since Ive been on statins since my late 30s, it probably helped. I take 20 mg of Crestor. Even though i was borderline my primary guy put me on statins and Im glad he did. That said I did and EKG and have slight thickening of the anterior wall most likely due BP, and thick blood. So I now i only do 12-14 week cycles once a year, and the rest of the time on low dose trt. Im thinking of going natty with HCG and maybe some GH and see how it goes.

I numbered things so I could respond easier. It's funny, most times on the forum a doctor's word is discounted but when we want to believe something we do because we like what we hear. Anyway...

As for number one, it saved the life of my friend. Of course you could have a score of zero and still have a heart attack, as there are multiple things that cause heart attacks. You could have a zero score but if your heart beats out of rhythm it could be fatal. When I researched calcified plaque, there was a man, Type II diabetic, with a score over 5,000. It all depends how spread out the calcified plaque is. Most of my friends plaque was in his LAD which made it a Widow Maker. He also had two other severe clogs which is why he needed a triple bypass.

As for number two - https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/316408 https://www.medindia.net/news/healt...ses-greater-risk-of-heart-attack-168735-1.htm

Number 3 - "He chuckled at some of the pills, potions and extracts that I mentioned." Since when do most doctors have much, if any, training when it comes to supplements. A lot of what is talked about here is through trial and error with real life cases. Something he wouldn't be aware of.

Again, to be clear, this test is just a tool like many others. It's not meant to be the one and only defining cardiac test. No one has ever said that. Use it along with the tools we've discussed here!
Yeah I am not holding his word as gospel. Just posting what he told me. This was just his opinion, but I do feel his opinion holds more value than the average joe since this guy is a (seems to be progressive) cardiologist. As far as the supps go, I used them all religiously (most of the ones Dante recommended). I did that for 3 years and my score doubled. I suppose you could argue it would have tripled without them or whatever. But I do see how someone can be skeptical. Because I took them and not only did my score not improve...it got worse. I am not suggesting these made it worse, but they certainly did not improve my score. That said, I still take them in hopes that perhaps they did slow down what would have been a more rapid increase in plaque. One more thing...when it comes to cardio training he did not recommend any style over another (HIIT vs LISS). He said, all cardio exercise works just pick the one that you enjoy the most so you will continue to do it regularly.

Very interesting as Cardiologist William Davies also talks about Magnesuim reversing soft plaque…

Very interesting as Cardiologist William Davies also talks about Magnesuim reversing soft plaque…

I have taken magnesium for many years and still laid down plaque at a faster rate then most. While eating healthy, doing aerobics, having low cholesterol and low BP.

I recently had a visit with my cardiologist due to HBP. We did a calcium CT and discovered I had coronary artery disease. Most likely hereditary from my mom's side. Doc put me on 81mg aspirin, Lisinopril and a statin at night. My BP dropped, but I was getting nose bleeds while sleeping from the statin. We switched statins and same thing. I'm now on my 3rd statin and so far so good. I did reach out to him today as I'm getting a known side effect of the Lisinopril (ACE inhibitor) of coughing in the night. I go for labs in a couple of days and we'll see what my cholesterol numbers look like.

I recently had a visit with my cardiologist due to HBP. We did a calcium CT and discovered I had coronary artery disease. Most likely hereditary from my mom's side. Doc put me on 81mg aspirin, Lisinopril and a statin at night. My BP dropped, but I was getting nose bleeds while sleeping from the statin. We switched statins and same thing. I'm now on my 3rd statin and so far so good. I did reach out to him today as I'm getting a known side effect of the Lisinopril (ACE inhibitor) of coughing in the night. I go for labs in a couple of days and we'll see what my cholesterol numbers look like.

Just curious- what statin and at what dose did the Dr put you on?

I did a Calcium Score test and came out 78. I went on a statin and followed much of Dante Trudel's supplement protocol for 3 years. Re-tested and it almost doubled. I only used TRT during that time. 200 mg per week. And had been using it for years prior, so the only thing that changed in the 3 years was the statin and the supps. I am convinced it is genetic and you cannot change it. That said, I have also learned that the statin might actually INCREASE your score because it takes all the dangerous plaque (soft) and hardens it, making it safe. And I have a buddy who took the same test, scored a zero and had a heart attack a few months later due to soft plaque (undetectable) breaking free and clogging his widow maker. So, I would say YES take the test. But understand it is only a piece to the puzzle.

Thanks for sharing. What a morbid and frustrating read on so many levels.

It’s almost as if even trying to stay ahead of it and be proactive about potential issues; it’s still utterly pointless!

Also crappy to read about your buddy who got a great score on the test, yet, had a heart attack months later. WTH

Old age sucks so badly. Ditto poor genetics.

Thanks for sharing. What a morbid and frustrating read on so many levels.

It’s almost as if even trying to stay ahead of it and be proactive about potential issues; it’s still utterly pointless!

Also crappy to read about your buddy who got a great score on the test, yet, had a heart attack months later. WTH

Old age sucks so badly. Ditto poor genetics.
I did a follow up with a cardiologist on this and was in dismay over my numbers. He shrugged it off and said, it was normal and no matter how hard we try, we cannot stop the aging process. He said that my score was "that bad" and the score increase was normal. He did confirm that the statin increases the score since it calcifies the soft plaque, essentially making it safer. He gave me the textbook talk: less saturated fat, less sweets (I don't eat sweets), continue to exercise etc. He is big on lowering LDL while raising HDL so he switched me to Crestor and said it should help with both of those numbers. I have a cholesterol test on Thursday to see if he was right on the LDL/HDL thing.

I did a follow up with a cardiologist on this and was in dismay over my numbers. He shrugged it off and said, it was normal and no matter how hard we try, we cannot stop the aging process. He said that my score was "that bad" and the score increase was normal. He did confirm that the statin increases the score since it calcifies the soft plaque, essentially making it safer. He gave me the textbook talk: less saturated fat, less sweets (I don't eat sweets), continue to exercise etc. He is big on lowering LDL while raising HDL so he switched me to Crestor and said it should help with both of those numbers. I have a cholesterol test on Thursday to see if he was right on the LDL/HDL thing.

I posted the below on page 1 of the thread but it was over a year ago so you may have missed it but it would be worthwhile to look into in your case as it is effective.

What Crestor dose are you at? I know guys have had success micro dosing with 5mg 3x a week. The statin that intrigues me more is pitavastatin due to its less effect on blood sugars. I'm not sure if it will raise HDL. It seems Crestor gives a good HDL bump.

I've been pretty against statins but at 48 my mind is changing a bit. (maybe because I'm more than halfway through life LOL)

Currently I'm on cycle and my numbers came back last week (no statin) at the below. I feel this is due to my "cholesterol support" stack that I use while blasting.

Total: 93
HDL: 33
LDL: 50
VLDL: 10
Trigs: 35

From 2021:
You may want to look into IV EDTA Chelation treatments to bring your score down. Search around your area and discuss with a MD that specializes in IV treatments.

Note that they can cause some stress on the kidneys.

HGH lowers arterial calcification.

Regular cardiovascular exercise is essential.

Heart disease isn't just about calcification, but also the suppleness of the arteries and how narrow/stiff they are. You wont see that in calcium score.

The strength and fitness of your heart is another important factor, it must be exercised regularly like any other muscle to build fitness.

Too many guys popping 30 pills from amazon but neglecting their cardio. The sooner you start, the better. Cardiovascular exercise > Supplements.

BP control is essential and being lean helps as well (less inflammation/better insulin sensitivity)

I recently found out I have the same calcium score as you - I have access to the leading researchers in the world (my father won the Banting Award and trained people like Peter Attia) - i take lipitor or crestor - my LDL sucks - on 20mg of lipitor it can push 100 with a poor diet - docs all said for someone with our calcium score the LDL needs to be under 50 - specifically 40 - I going on Repatha - I don't care if insurance covers it (I will pay the $500 per month) - dead is dead - Repatha and Levoq really target LDL with is our problem

I recently found out I have the same calcium score as you - I have access to the leading researchers in the world (my father won the Banting Award and trained people like Peter Attia) -

That being said, what is their reply when asked about early onset dementia and Alzheimers from tanking LDL for 30-50+ years?

I know most cardiologist will want you to be under 70. With all hormones being manufactured from cholesterol and the myelin in the brain as well I don't think we've seen the results of crushing LDL with statins for long periods of time.

Statins have only been used for 35 years and maybe only "widely" prescribed for the last 20 or so. We haven't seen the effect of a 35-40 being put on statins and staying on them 35+ years.

For me personally, I like to stay close to the below:

HDL- 40 or higher
LDL- under 100 (ideally 85ish)
VLDL- as low as possible
Trigs- no higher than double HDL

*2x a year get APO B tested (under 90)

To be honest - I don’t know if a lower LDL is associated with Alzheimer’s - I guess if ur around 70 that’s probably good - but for someone like me with 340 calcium score - the risk of a future cardiac far far outweighs anything else - it’s well confirmed a strong indicator - I’m a fan of no stroke and no dementia

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws