over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My CT Scan & Calcium Score Results

I never had the test run, but my coronaries are wide open even after a heart attack I didn't need a stent. Doctors surmise that a soft plaque ruptured and that triggered my heart attack.
RIGHT. The soft plaque cannot be detected in these scans. So guys get a ZERO and think they are golden. But they should still proceed with caution when it comes to anabolics, mass eating etc. The belief is, that if you have a high calcium score you it indicates you LIKELY have soft plaque too. And conversely if you don't have a high calcium score you LIKELY don't have soft plaque. But, as you know first hand that is not always the case. I had another buddy who had a widow maker heart attack just weeks after getting a ZERO on his test.

RIGHT. The soft plaque cannot be detected in these scans. So guys get a ZERO and think they are golden. But they should still proceed with caution when it comes to anabolics, mass eating etc. The belief is, that if you have a high calcium score you it indicates you LIKELY have soft plaque too. And conversely if you don't have a high calcium score you LIKELY don't have soft plaque. But, as you know first hand that is not always the case. I had another buddy who had a widow maker heart attack just weeks after getting a ZERO on his test.
Yes. Then you add in steroids which increase blood clot risk in their own right, its an even bigger risk. In my case, and it sounds like John Meadows too, we have a clotting disorder that makes the situation even more dangerous. 3 out of 100 white folks have my trait. Not really that rare IMO. 3% chance.

Just got my results and fortunately my total was 0.

I had a CT angiogram about 9 years ago and that was clear but I was a little concerned because when my dad died at 60 the autopsy showed significant blockage in coronaries and carotids.

For anyone 40-45+ and/or those that have been pushing gear a long time I highly recommend getting this test done. It was $100 out of pocket and I was in and out including wait time in less than 30 min.

Not only this, but plaque is not an "everywhere" thing, people get small deposits only in certain isolated areas. Also, a heart attack doesn't necessarily mean plaque broke free or there is a blockage, there are clots that can form that have nothing to do with plaque.

Not only this, but plaque is not an "everywhere" thing, people get small deposits only in certain isolated areas. Also, a heart attack doesn't necessarily mean plaque broke free or there is a blockage, there are clots that can form that have nothing to do with plaque.

I started the Definitive Health Thread to get more in depth on multiple health topics that pertain to us... https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-health-thread.168881/

I just went down the rabbit hole with a cardiologist after I had an ekg result come back a little funny looking. Ran a bunch of tests which came back fine, then he mentioned this calcium CT scan.

He said I didn't NEED it, but I remembered this thread and figured why not. Came back at zero! That's some great peace of mind when my LDL tends to be a little higher than I like. Definitely worth the $150.

Reactions: Bio
I just went down the rabbit hole with a cardiologist after I had an ekg result come back a little funny looking. Ran a bunch of tests which came back fine, then he mentioned this calcium CT scan.

He said I didn't NEED it, but I remembered this thread and figured why not. Came back at zero! That's some great peace of mind when my LDL tends to be a little higher than I like. Definitely worth the $150.

Where are you and @Bio getting this done for 150?!? I paid 800 out of pocket..

I just got the results from my first test a couple months back. Came back 0 which makes me happy af so worth the money.

I'm really happy to see so many great calcium scores and the community watching their health at such depth.

That's great news guys! I'm in Northern California and I got mine at John Muir. They told me they lowered their prices because a lot of the stand alone imaging facilities were doing it for so much less.

The newest thing out there which looks at calcified plaque as well as soft plaque is https://cleerlyhealth.com/ See if there's a facility near you that offers this. Soft plaque is the other part of the equation! I love this community and the well being we have for one another!! Sharing information is how we help keep each other fine tuned!

The newest thing out there which looks at calcified plaque as well as soft plaque is https://cleerlyhealth.com/ See if there's a facility near you that offers this. Soft plaque is the other part of the equation! I love this community and the well being we have for one another!! Sharing information is how we help keep each other fine tuned!

Thanks for sharing this. Just an FYI for those interested. I had a 0 Calcium scan last fall and in August I did a CIMT to check for soft plaque in the carotids. Unfortunately even with a 0 calcium scan, I do have a little soft plaque in the carotid. Remember that there is a 10 year lag from when the soft is created to when it's calcified and will show up on a CT.

I've been anti statin but at 49 if I want to stay in the game a little longer I have changed my mind after listening to some guys on the boards experience with them. I am on my 2nd week of Crestor 5mg 2x a week. I am going to retest in about 4-6 weeks. My HDL usually hovers a bit above 40 so create the "ideal" 2.8 to 1 ratio of Total Cholesterol to HDL my total would have to be 110-115 or so if my HDL is at 40. I am also going to stay on Cardarine at 10mg year round for the HDL bump. I know I'll get some shade for this but the human equivalent that caused cancer in mice is about 375mg/day for a human. More people die from heart disease than from cancer so I'll take that chance.

I plan on waiting another 5+ years and then doing an CT angiogram with contrast that will check for both soft and calcified. I can re-asses my goals at that time. My goal is to get my HDL to 50 and LDL to 70. Most cardiologist will say that you cannot lay down plaque with a 70 or lower LDL.

Thanks for sharing this. Just an FYI for those interested. I had a 0 Calcium scan last fall and in August I did a CIMT to check for soft plaque in the carotids. Unfortunately even with a 0 calcium scan, I do have a little soft plaque in the carotid. Remember that there is a 10 year lag from when the soft is created to when it's calcified and will show up on a CT.

I've been anti statin but at 49 if I want to stay in the game a little longer I have changed my mind after listening to some guys on the boards experience with them. I am on my 2nd week of Crestor 5mg 2x a week. I am going to retest in about 4-6 weeks. My HDL usually hovers a bit above 40 so create the "ideal" 2.8 to 1 ratio of Total Cholesterol to HDL my total would have to be 110-115 or so if my HDL is at 40. I am also going to stay on Cardarine at 10mg year round for the HDL bump. I know I'll get some shade for this but the human equivalent that caused cancer in mice is about 375mg/day for a human. More people die from heart disease than from cancer so I'll take that chance.

I plan on waiting another 5+ years and then doing an CT angiogram with contrast that will check for both soft and calcified. I can re-asses my goals at that time. My goal is to get my HDL to 50 and LDL to 70. Most cardiologist will say that you cannot lay down plaque with a 70 or lower LDL.
Good call on the CMIT. It is underused It will show soft plaque. The low dose statin few times a week will probably be all you need to get job done

To add another non-clot/plaque related heart attack cause ; cardiac spasm . The heart muscle itself can "freeze up" or constrict

I had my CT scan for my calcium score (artery health) this morning. I got the results in just under an hour! I'll be 52 in April and have played with hormones for quite some time. The longest break I had was 7 years due to a spine surgery and severe pain. I've also had inflammatory disease for 35 years, Ankylosing Spondylitis.

The results...

Findings:
CORONARY ARTERY CALCIUM SCORE: 0
Left Main: 0
Circumflex: 0
RCA: 0

WOO HOO!! I'm relieved! I didn't expect it to be that good but I'm happy it is!! The test wasn't covered by insurance, don't bother covering a proactive test...smh...but it was only $150 out of pocket!
Awesome congrats, what’s your family history all good heart health?

After I got my calcium score I decided to do some insane diet - an incredibly low cholesterol diet - all while being on a moderate dose statin - after 6 weeks my LDL went from 84 to 86 - then I decided to get on Repatha - after one month (two shots of Repatha) I went to Italy and ate whatever I wanted for two weeks - came back and got a lipid profile - my LDL was 21 - insurance wont cover it and I will gladly pay the $525 per month

I had my CT scan for my calcium score (artery health) this morning. I got the results in just under an hour! I'll be 52 in April and have played with hormones for quite some time. The longest break I had was 7 years due to a spine surgery and severe pain. I've also had inflammatory disease for 35 years, Ankylosing Spondylitis.

The results...

Findings:
CORONARY ARTERY CALCIUM SCORE: 0
Left Main: 0
Circumflex: 0
RCA: 0

WOO HOO!! I'm relieved! I didn't expect it to be that good but I'm happy it is!! The test wasn't covered by insurance, don't bother covering a proactive test...smh...but it was only $150 out of pocket!
That is great to see.Im going next month for mine.

After I got my calcium score I decided to do some insane diet - an incredibly low cholesterol diet - all while being on a moderate dose statin - after 6 weeks my LDL went from 84 to 86 - then I decided to get on Repatha - after one month (two shots of Repatha) I went to Italy and ate whatever I wanted for two weeks - came back and got a lipid profile - my LDL was 21 - insurance wont cover it and I will gladly pay the $525 per month

Are you concerned that a 21 LDL might be a little low for overall health?

Remember, Calcium scoring is just one test, has ZERO to do with the main cause of heart-death, soft-plaque.
People think this test is be-all, end-all, and its not.

Remember, Calcium scoring is just one test, has ZERO to do with the main cause of heart-death, soft-plaque.
Nobody is saying that. It's a great start but only to determine how much plaque has calcified.

That has been stated over and over. It's is just a tool in the tool box. This is the new way to go about heart health... https://cleerlyhealth.com/

still prefer to be the guy with a 0 score, followup with CMIT and its some piece of mind

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity