over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone train pretty much machine only

Yeah it's a great gym. It's a half hour drive for me on the freeway (about 35km/20miles from my house) but worth it. Yes, I was talking about Dorian Yates, because his blood and guts video made that machine pretty famous. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, it's a great machine, but it's not as magical as people make it out to be that's all. I think there are people there who think if I only had access to that pullover, my back would be huge lol
If that's actually what they believe, then they deserve all the sour disenchantment life has to offer 🤦🏻‍♂️

^^^^ THIS ^^^......I'm old and beat up now from all the heavy slag iron in my youth, I just need to tear some muscle tissue, rest, and recover....machines can accomplish this just fine 🙂 👍🏿 💪🏿

Really? Don’t you want to work your ‘stabilization’ muscles? 😉

Never was a fan of Smith machines until i tried pressing with the panatta dual system. Like it for shoulder press or incline press.

Anyone ever mess with the kettle bells at gym? Im pretty old school don't like out of the box things but tried a overhead press I saw on a bb podcast, definitely felt a different stimulus in delt than using DB or machine and had to use much less weight. Might incorporate these a little

Anyone ever mess with the kettle bells at gym? Im pretty old school don't like out of the box things but tried a overhead press I saw on a bb podcast, definitely felt a different stimulus in delt than using DB or machine and had to use much less weight. Might incorporate these a little
I love kbs for pressing, both ohp and bench. Varies the stimulation a lot.

Also do hamstring work with ‘em, and the occasional goblet squat when I’m feeling frisky

I kind of like WL history. Kettlebells are super old school. Back in the days before the standard modular barbell when barbells were single pieces Kettlebells were the dumbell equivalent and used in training as well as strongman shows. If you have a chance to visit the museum in York PA you can check out some super old ones. Obviously they fell out of favor but have enjoyed a nice resurgence. I think part of it was general population afraid if dynamic lifts and real barbell weightlifting but saw Kettlebells as new (sic) and non threatening. Some good stuff to make use of. I've considered an adjustable one just to have around. Thinking of getting one of those sleds (on tires) so might keep a few in the garage for gpp as well.

If you wear a nice watch just make sure to take it off before you try those.

I'd have absolutely no problems training with nothing but a good functional trainer and a set of kettlebells (and some bands etc)., in fact if I ever put together a home gym I'd try to get away with exactly that.

In fact put a gun to my head, if I was just trying to maintain my muscle I would be pretty content with just a set of Kettlebells.

My gym has hand selected pieces from Atlantis, Prime, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Arsenal, Body Masters, Nautilus, Flex Leverage, Kore Strength, Gymleco, Rogers Athletics, Life Fitness, Magnum, Precor and Panatta (probably missing a few).

All of these are not random pieces but the best pieces from each line. Not sure how long ago you used Panatta, but they are fantastic machines. They are probably the smoothest machines and basically an improved version of all the classic pieces with better movement but more importantly improved path/motion to really enable (almost force you to use correct form) islotating the target muscle. Out of all the machines they get used the most.

Now if you want to talk about overrated, the most overrate piece is the Nautilus Pullover. Yes we have the orginal Dorian one. This piece is almost a myth due to it's reputation built up by people who never even seen one in real life, only have seen Dorian use it in old videos and are parrating about how they know some guy who used it and says it is amazing. And those that have the opportunity to use it, I would guess 90% of them don't even know how to or actually target their lats using it. Not saying it's a bad machine, but there is nothing magical about it. It is not what built Dorian's back.
Hey airman, forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I think I remember you said that you train at the Muscle and Fitness gym on Canada which is the most heavily equipped gym in North America? Again, I may be mistaken so forgive me if I am. If so however then you are truly lucky to have access to the best of the best! Thanks for clarifying bro!!

I'd have absolutely no problems training with nothing but a good functional trainer and a set of kettlebells (and some bands etc)., in fact if I ever put together a home gym I'd try to get away with exactly that.

In fact put a gun to my head, if I was just trying to maintain my muscle I would be pretty content with just a set of Kettlebells.
Legs are the issue with the FT. I have an FT in my gym and even tried to rig up a semi squat setup for my wife. It's basically upper body only. Squat and deadlift like movements on it I'd bet would max out even 300lbs stacks with 2:1 ratios which is as heavy as those units get (ie Prime FT etc).

as we get older machines become more useful in training to avoid injury. no matter what way you look at it, machines do take pressue off ligaments and joints that would normally be under stress from free weights... it allows us to work a better range of motion at a much smoother pace. i would say most men over 40 should be using more machines than free weights to maintain training and avoid injury...

now im not saying discard free weights... free wights will always build better and denser muscles than machines but....as i always say.. you cant train from you bed or couch....

machines are a great way to refine muscle and keep it... you can build muscle on machines but not like good old iron bars and 45's......

God, i'm there with everybody else!:cool:

I have been doing more free weights though the past 2 years due to training at home. There are a ton of machines I miss from the gym:(

I agree with most that machines have come A LONG WAY from 20-30 years ago.

I definitely use more machines the older I get too. Smith machine especially. Just trying to maintain what I have here so it’s perfect.

Hey airman, forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I think I remember you said that you train at the Muscle and Fitness gym on Canada which is the most heavily equipped gym in North America? Again, I may be mistaken so forgive me if I am. If so however then you are truly lucky to have access to the best of the best! Thanks for clarifying bro!!
Yes, it's Pure Muscle & Fitness and it is a dream gym for bodybuilders. It's a bit of a drive for me so for about a year I resisted joining thinking it wasn't worth the cost of a membership. But then I thought to myself, in twenty years will I look back and regret the fact that I had the opportunity to train in one of the best gyms in the world and didn't do it because it was too much of a drive? So I joined, and I'm very glad I did. Well except for my ego ha ha... Seeing competitors like Antoine or Quinton (and many others) train there made me really realize there really is level to this and many, many levels above me lol...

Very surprised that seemingly everyone here is mostly using machines. Nothing against them, I’m just so used to having my home gym with old school power rack/bench/free weights. I don’t even have to go to a gym to hit every muscle group

My only disagreement……when inCOULD OH BB press…..there was no bigger dick wagging day other than when I was OHP more than most gym rats could bench.

But yea. A life of football and MMA, I’m fucking around with 30lb dumbbells for 20 reps with 30 second breaks now lol
Pussy 😘

Merry Christmas man. Hope you’re on the mend. You’re still in my prayers

as we get older machines become more useful in training to avoid injury. no matter what way you look at it, machines do take pressue off ligaments and joints that would normally be under stress from free weights... it allows us to work a better range of motion at a much smoother pace. i would say most men over 40 should be using more machines than free weights to maintain training and avoid injury...

now im not saying discard free weights... free wights will always build better and denser muscles than machines but....as i always say.. you cant train from you bed or couch....

machines are a great way to refine muscle and keep it... you can build muscle on machines but not like good old iron bars and 45's......

?

Always is a pretty big word.

?

Always is a pretty big word.
Totally agree.

I've had multiple guys that are very advanced, competitors, etc., who've seen me in person tell me I have dense muscle and my chest was built by Hammer Strength and Smith machines; my back was built by Hammer Strength and Smith machines; my legs were built by Hack squats and leg press; etc. When I cut 95% of the traditional free weight movements you're always told build the most muscle is when I started to explode.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Organic Pro
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131