over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here listens to Joe Rogan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair how many times over the years on here have we had people completely dumbfounded by the "challenge" of mixing their peptides and measuring things horribly wrong because they don't know the difference between an IU, "tic", ML, MG, MCG or CC?????????
Just seems odd that someone who is so in tuned with his body and nutritional/psychedelic dosages that he'd somehow just conveniently not know how much test he pins each week.
Even the neighborhood guy on TRT knows 100 or 200 per shot.
Doesn't make any difference, just something I observed on some of his podcasts.
He plays ignorant when he doesn't want to really associate himself with the subject.
Like on the kratom podcast. He said he just tosses a couple caps back. But doesn't know how much is in each cap.
Then he buys into the whole Ronnie 1% bodyfat story... Really ?

I thought his recent podcast with Robert Kennedy was extremely interesting. I also find it funny how much the episode has offended people. It seems today if you have an opposing opinion to someone else it’s akin to slapping their mother.
Now days if you sneeze it's offensive lol. Sounds like I'd be a fan of this episode

I thought his recent podcast with Robert Kennedy was extremely interesting. I also find it funny how much the episode has offended people. It seems today if you have an opposing opinion to someone else it’s akin to slapping their mother.
I don't know if offense is the right word. It's often about misinformation being conveyed as truth.
My favorite podcast is Skeptics Guide to the Universe and they explore this with great diligence across a broad range of topics.

I don't know if offense is the right word. It's often about misinformation being conveyed as truth.
My favorite podcast is Skeptics Guide to the Universe and they explore this with great diligence across a broad range of topics.
What exactly is considered misinformation in your opinion? I think I know where this is headed. But I just want to understand what you mean by misinformation. Youve mentioned misinformation a few times. So now I'm curious.
We won't go into detail one side or the other(board rules I know) . but just want to know exactly what you deem misinformation..

What exactly is considered misinformation in your opinion? I think I know where this is headed. But I just want to understand what you mean by misinformation. Youve mentioned misinformation a few times. So now I'm curious.
We won't go into detail one side or the other(board rules I know) . but just want to know exactly what you deem misinformation..
Sure, happy to oblige:
  • Things that are not supported by evidence, but are presented as if they are.
  • Things that do not bear the weight of critical analysis, but are presented as if they do.
  • Things simply factually wrong, presented as true.
Some examples that should not get anyone excited:
  • Acupuncture works
  • Homeopathy is effective
  • There is proof of ghosts or aliens
  • The Earth is flat

Joe Rogan is as real and authentic as it gets.
Agreed.

Is it now fashionable to think negatively of Rogan? He has stayed true to the ideas of his podcasting and his life in the spotlight and provided tons of great content with guests and topics people want to know about.

Agreed.

Is it now fashionable to think negatively of Rogan? He has stayed true to the ideas of his podcasting and his life in the spotlight and provided tons of great content with guests and topics people want to know about.
There is a large percentage of the population who don't like him because his world view doesn't conform to theirs. I think people were trying to get him removed from Spotify.

Sure, happy to oblige:
  • Things that do not bear the weight of critical analysis, but are presented as if they do.
Not at all trying to start an argument, but I just wanted to point out that time has changed the status of a not insignificant number of things from "being factually wrong" to being considered mostly if not entirely true. Some things took decades for this change to take place and some more recent things took months. Hell even days at times.

Also, I think there should be differentiation b/w people that honestly believe what we perceive to be foolish (ex: astrology) and people that convey info they know to be incorrect.

Side note: if anyone reading this believes in astrology, cool. Do you.
  • Acupuncture works
  • The Earth is flat
Careful with that one nowadays. The audience for that is expanding.

Not at all trying to start an argument, but I just wanted to point out that time has changed the status of a not insignificant number of things from "being factually wrong" to being considered mostly if not entirely true. Some things took decades for this change to take place and some more recent things took months. Hell even days at times.

Also, I think there should be differentiation b/w people that honestly believe what we perceive to be foolish (ex: astrology) and people that convey info they know to be incorrect.

Side note: if anyone reading this believes in astrology, cool. Do you.

Careful with that one nowadays. The audience for that is expanding.

Please share, because I have seen nothing convincing. Just the usual fuzzy video, anecdotes, and blurry photos, sprinkled with some arguments from authority.
It would be fascinating if either was true. The prospect of alien life intrigues me as a Sci-Fi fan.

There is a large percentage of the population who don't like him because his world view doesn't conform to theirs. I think people were trying to get him removed from Spotify.
Yeah I think it was right after his ivermectin kerfuffle. Some musicians on Spotify pulled their music from the service in protest and some podcast bros dug up some pretty unflattering clips of him from 10+ years ago. End result was his subscriber base grew by 2M+ people.

Please share, because I have seen nothing convincing. Just the usual fuzzy video, anecdotes, and blurry photos, sprinkled with some arguments from authority.
It would be fascinating if either was true. The prospect of alien life intrigues me as a Sci-Fi fan.
I did not mean that I had seen anything convincing. I only said "the audience..." but I'm not a member of said audience. But I do know that it gets a lot more play nowadays.

That said, I also find the topic fascinating and have definitely spent too much time some nights as a teen and 20-something going down rabbit holes reading and watching about it.

Edit: the recent video and 911 call of the family in Vegas was about as unremarkable as it gets, but it was all over many news sources for a couple days.

I did not mean that I had seen anything convincing. I only said "the audience..." but I'm not a member of said audience. But I do know that it gets a lot more play nowadays.

That said, I also find the topic fascinating and have definitely spent too much time some nights as a teen and 20-something going down rabbit holes reading and watching about it.

Edit: the recent video and 911 call of the family in Vegas was about as unremarkable as it gets, but it was all over many news sources for a couple days.

OK got, you, apologies if I misunderstood.

One thing regarding UAP/UFO sightings I have recently learned about is SpaceX Starlink String/Train sightings. I didn't know these were a thing or being spotted, but they can be quite puzzling for those not aware.

Agreed.

IDK bro, he let Sachin Panda and Rhonda Patrick convince him that fasting and a carnivore diet were the keys to longevity

Sure, happy to oblige:
  • Acupuncture works
  • The Earth is flat
who gets to decide what’s misinformation and what isn't? Rogan allows every side on his podcast to state their case and many people appreciate that.

who gets to decide what’s misinformation and what isn't? Rogan allows every side on his podcast to state their case and many people appreciate that.
Everyone can have their own opinion, but not their own truth.

I followed him on FB and his standup, until he sold himself to Spotify...He was already set financially from his previous ventures and had no need to restrict himself to that one platform for nothing other then more 0's at the end of his bank account.

Obviously his decision worked well for him as he has the largest audience in podcasting...But I started to look at him differently after that.

I still respect the uncensored platform and like seeing that MSM is losing it's control on the masses overall...No one is right all of the time but people generalize too much to discredit others. Just because the dude has a chimp fetish, doesn't mean all of his views and opinions are wrong. And vice versa, just because you agree with some of his opinions, doesn't mean we should bang chimps :unsure::LOL:

edit: BTW, does he still talk about them all of the time?! Dude use to get going on fucking chimps and ramble the fuck on forever...Da fuk 😂:LOL:😂

I agree with this. I think "misinformation" is a term coined to discredit certain views. However I don't believe in aliens visiting earth or ghosts /spirits lol. But I wouldn't call them misinformation just things I don't buy. I'd need some proof.

Yeah. Don't like when he plays dumb. Especially when it comes to gear(or test) doses.
The guy knows the full chemical names of psychedelics and doses to take.. but when it comes to his own trt dose hes talking about 'yeah I take 1cc a week'.
I mean, not really taking a side here but… what on earth does knowing the full chemical names of psychedelics have to do with gear? Lol

I have friends who know every strain of weed, the milligrams people used based off tolerance etc. and I couldn’t tell you a single thing about any of that. Yet, I could tell you the chemical name of steroidal compounds. I don’t really see the connection.

I mean, not really taking a side here but… what on earth does knowing the full chemical names of psychedelics have to do with gear? Lol

I have friends who know every strain of weed, the milligrams people used based off tolerance etc. and I couldn’t tell you a single thing about any of that. Yet, I could tell you the chemical name of steroidal compounds. I don’t really see the connection.
difference is:

he is fully immersed in the TRT/longevity and psychedelic worlds.

your friends are enthusiastic about weed, not gear.
you're enthusiastic about gear, but not weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads