mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Exploring new ways to add mass. Hgh? Slin? Breast milk?

• Thread starter Deleted member 226465
  • Start date
I am super happy with how lean I’ve managed to get but I’m wondering if it’s truly lean enough to be an optimal place to add size from. I plan to be very sensible and add weight slowly but if I’m not lean enough now then it could be a waste of time.

My coach says I’m about lean enough but I’m just worried cause I’ve been fat before and don’t wanna get fat again 😅

Thank you from your experience/opinion is this a good place to grow from?

From my research anywhere from 6-10% seems to be about optimal not sure if this is right but sounds it

Thank you from your experience/opinion is this a good place to grow from?

From my research anywhere from 6-10% seems to be about optimal not sure if this is right but sounds it

It is, but many say "get as lean as you can".

If you can get leaner, it would be an even better start point.

It is, but many say "get as lean as you can".

If you can get leaner, it would be an even better start point.
This is my thought process too. My calories are quite low and output quite high because I’ve been dieting so long and my weight loss has slowed down dramatically.

Dropping another let’s say 5% would be doable but I’d have to take calories very low and output very high to pull another 15-20lbs off without pushing back up first

Hard call…. Downsides of getting so fat in the first place

This is my thought process too. My calories are quite low and output quite high because I’ve been dieting so long and my weight loss has slowed down dramatically.

Dropping another let’s say 5% would be doable but I’d have to take calories very low and output very high to pull another 15-20lbs off without pushing back up first

Hard call…. Downsides of getting so fat in the first place
Super lean- first shot we’ve seen without the shirt. I’d guess around 8-10% but wouldn’t worry too much with what % but the mirror instead.

If it was me, I’d cut a bit harder then rebound up from there so my body was primed. But trust your coach- you two are clearly doing a killer job.

Don’t stress about “getting fat”. In this sport you have to get comfortable being uncomfortable. Keep it up man.

Super lean- first shot we’ve seen without the shirt. I’d guess around 8-10% but wouldn’t worry too much with what % but the mirror instead.

If it was me, I’d cut a bit harder then rebound up from there so my body was primed. But trust your coach- you two are clearly doing a killer job.

Don’t stress about “getting fat”. In this sport you have to get comfortable being uncomfortable. Keep it up man.
Thank you bro. Leanest I’ve ever been that’s for sure. And I definitely agree the mirror is the best gauge over %

I think because I plan to compete spring to summer time next year he’s suggested we push up now to give us a decent amount of time to try and have our first off season before we start comp prep somewhere around April - may next year

I think because I spent such a long time carrying body fat and then such a relatively long time losing it I’m just paranoid about waking up one day back to being fat 😂 however if we’ve only
Got let’s say a 6 month off season that shouldn’t be a worry as long as I don’t do anything stupid

Thank you bro. Leanest I’ve ever been that’s for sure. And I definitely agree the mirror is the best gauge over %

I think because I plan to compete spring to summer time next year he’s suggested we push up now to give us a decent amount of time to try and have our first off season before we start comp prep somewhere around April - may next year

I think because I spent such a long time carrying body fat and then such a relatively long time losing it I’m just paranoid about waking up one day back to being fat 😂 however if we’ve only
Got let’s say a 6 month off season that shouldn’t be a worry as long as I don’t do anything stupid
Sounds like he’s got it all mapped out. If that is the goal of when to compete I would trust his path. Especially as you never know what life will throw at you in between, so the more time you can spend growing I would do it.

Def don’t worry about getting fat. Based on your mindset I can assure you that you won’t. Lol

Just my .02 -

feel like you’re putting yourself in a box by putting a timeframe on growing. There needs to be time to tweak things and make adjustments based on how you respond, especially if you’re trying to really pack on size for the first time.

probably only a handful of people will agree with me on this next part, but if you wanna be primed for growth and 100% sure you’re lean, do a carb depleted 2-3wk run of DNP @ 200mg per day

this is just how i would go about it, but there is no “best way”. I’m sure you’ll end up at relatively the same place no matter what road you take to get there

I do not agree that going below 6% bf will be more effective to start the offseason than 6-8%

below 6% is competition day and in order to bring the body to such a point, most will need to go to the extreme in terms of body fatigue and this will by no means be optimal for development and hypertrophy - for this to be optimal, we need to bring the body out of the state of fatigue and it will take we have at least 2-3 weeks so I think it's better to finish cutting on the contractual 3-4 weeks out when we're still in the pit of fatigue

Just my .02 -

feel like you’re putting yourself in a box by putting a timeframe on growing. There needs to be time to tweak things and make adjustments based on how you respond, especially if you’re trying to really pack on size for the first time.

probably only a handful of people will agree with me on this next part, but if you wanna be primed for growth and 100% sure you’re lean, do a carb depleted 2-3wk run of DNP @ 200mg per day

this is just how i would go about it, but there is no “best way”. I’m sure you’ll end up at relatively the same place no matter what road you take to get there
I agree timeframes unless prep where you have a deadline can be a bit silly but in the UK we have 2 which is soon to become 1 main first timers show a year which falls somewhere around July I believe so the plan is to do that one so I’m able to (hopefully) qualify for the finals and not have to put off competing at the main first timers show for another year

I’ll be honest I have no experience with DNP I’ve always believed it to take away from your ability to train hard even more than general prep fatigue which at first glance has put me off it as I really like to train hard

I do not agree that going below 6% bf will be more effective to start the offseason than 6-8%

below 6% is competition day and in order to bring the body to such a point, most will need to go to the extreme in terms of body fatigue and this will by no means be optimal for development and hypertrophy - for this to be optimal, we need to bring the body out of the state of fatigue and it will take we have at least 2-3 weeks so I think it's better to finish cutting on the contractual 3-4 weeks out when we're still in the pit of fatigue
I agre I think going to low won’t provide you with any extra benefits just take more time away from potential growing.

I know you’re very experienced with my
Bodyfat level and timeframe do you believe starting a off season is wise

If I can add anything from 5-10lbs of actual muscle in the next 6-8 months that would be amazing

I agre I think going to low won’t provide you with any extra benefits just take more time away from potential growing.

I know you’re very experienced with my
Bodyfat level and timeframe do you believe starting a off season is wise

If I can add anything from 5-10lbs of actual muscle in the next 6-8 months that would be amazing
What does your coach say? Why are you asking any of us when you have hired a coach? I don't understand 🤷🏿

I agree timeframes unless prep where you have a deadline can be a bit silly but in the UK we have 2 which is soon to become 1 main first timers show a year which falls somewhere around July I believe so the plan is to do that one so I’m able to (hopefully) qualify for the finals and not have to put off competing at the main first timers show for another year

I’ll be honest I have no experience with DNP I’ve always believed it to take away from your ability to train hard even more than general prep fatigue which at first glance has put me off it as I really like to train hard
I assure everyone that 90% of competitors do not touch DNP

dnp is popular with gymbros but not with competitors precisely because you feel like shit and can't train hard = you lose muscle because you don't have enough training stimulus = muscle loss even if you take 2g trenbolone and 30iu gh

What does your coach say? Why are you asking any of us when you have hired a coach? I don't understand 🤷🏿
😂😂 I know man I’m just paranoid about it all. I LOVE training and getting bigger/stronger but cause I’ve screwed up and got stupidly fat I’m just worried I’m going to end up doing the same again. Getting fat has created a negative mental aspect for me I think

dnp is popular with gymbros but not with competitors precisely because you feel like shit and can't train hard = you lose muscle because you don't have enough training stimulus = muscle loss even if you take 2g trenbolone and 30iu gh
For me if I can’t train hard then I’m not interested. Obviously prep makes it harder but if extremely hard via drug use then just not for me. Training is the main reason I do any of this

Another question I’ve struggled to get an answer for including from my coach

My ab development is almost none existent is this purely a bodyfat thing? Genetics? Under development?

Admittedly I’ve never trained them until a couple of weeks back but I’ve seen guys who are much leaner than me without particularly developed abs and I’ve seen guys higher bodyfat with quite good abs

I have to disagree brother

not about competitors not taking it, i believe that to be true

But about losing muscle i can’t speak for anyone elses reactions to it, but I’ve never lost any. I take a standard dose of hormones as you know lol

i thought it could be useful but not necessary by any means. He’s already lean enough but stressing about being a chonker again. For him to lose even more fat, i think mentally he’d be in a better place to go full swing into gaining

of course i defer to your judgement here, you train people and I don’t

@skylarr123 - take my recommendation of DNP off the table

Another question I’ve struggled to get an answer for including from my coach

My ab development is almost none existent is this purely a bodyfat thing? Genetics? Under development?

Admittedly I’ve never trained them until a couple of weeks back but I’ve seen guys who are much leaner than me without particularly developed abs and I’ve seen guys higher bodyfat with quite good abs
You answered your own question in the last paragraph. Many guys neglect abs. I personally hit them every other day. You can never have too tight of a midsection in bodybuilding.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
NWO
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131