mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The All Things 2023 Mr. Olympia Discussion Thread - News, Pics, Predictions etc.

Hadi's reaction.....
He clearly hugged Derek and they exchanged heart felt words in that hug.
He did one pose with the top 5 then took his metal off and walked off, the guy is passionate about his craft, he was disappointed in his loss and wasn't going to do 10 PR photos for the league. I don't see it being so bad for him after that with the powers to be.
Thank you, far to many people need to retreat to their safe space with how upset some are getting. Hadi, as you said, was the FIRST to congradulate Derek. He then shook all the big wigs hands, including Jake, Jay, and Dan. He raised his hand, took his medal, took more than one photo and THEN bounced. Now should he have done that? No, he should have stayed until the top five filed off but he didn't.

Did he pull a Craig "bonfire in the dessert" Titus USA repeat? Heck no.

@b-boy I know you’re a respected member on here and guys are prob scared to disagree with you but sorry bro I whole heartedly disagree.

Complete scumbag move.
Over-react much? Geez. Rapists, pedos, pimps who make women sell themselves to fund their lives, kidnappers, suicide bombers, these are "complete scumbags."

A guy who showed bad judgement at a hyper-emotional moment is NOT. Try to keep things in perspective. FFS

It's all political bullshit - Hadi won. There are pieces of Derek that were better just like any direct comparison, but the overall package A to Z wasn't close. Fucked result - but that's becoming much more common in the world these days.
Would you please kindly explain the politics that awarded Hadi the win last year that have changed so much as to deny him this year(to the same guy he beat last year?)

For the record I personally had Hadi winning.

finals 4K cut, great detail, also hilarious that the stream was filmed on a flip phone
35:48 Announcement Made

One minutes and 26 seconds later.............

37:14 Hadi takes off medal and walks off stage: After being the FIRST to congratulate Derek, shaking hands with EVERY SINGLE presenter, taking his medal, talking to Jake and Jay, and takes the picture with all the arms raised.......

ya he "just stormed off..................."

Derek walked away with 400k and bum got 50k? What’s the incentive to even compete in classic? Better of being a social media bodybuilder than doing a whole prep for that little money
At this point for Cbum, absolutely. For anyone else that is not Dino, Breon, Urs, and Terrance they need the publicity of competing and or winning shows in order to climb their way out of the crab bucket that is classic.

Derek will make a great face and representative of the sport, just like CBUM does in classic. He brought “enough” improvements for them to be able to give him the win for that reason.

I honestly could care less if he uses SEO or oil in his lats or his ass for that matter. 😂 Thinking guys don’t is like thinking all these guys are natural.

Is some “possible” lumps the biggest critique we have on this guy…

Jay had multiple muscle tears, a huge waste, one leg bigger than the other. Ronnie had a huge gut, split abs, tricep tears, etc. Ramy… was just a list of things. Dorian had multiple tears and issues.

Derek’s a young likable guy with nothing to nitpick so we go for the arm pits. 😂 it’s done, over and he’s Mr. Olympia. He will be good for the brand and sport just as Jay was. Which is what the IFBB needs.
While I don't dismiss the benefit of a better representative I will go out on a limb here with a prediction: The bodybuilding fanbase and industry will be more or less the EXACT same size or follow the exact same growth trajectory it does on average for the next year. I know we like to have a great positive Mr. O who interacts more with fans but the idea that Derek will somehow bring all these new normies into our weird ass bodybuilding world is just silly.

Heck were Hadi and Ramy to both announce their retirement tomorrow I bet we would see an overall retraction if anything.

Would you please kindly explain the politics that awarded Hadi the win last year that have changed so much as to deny him this year(to the same guy he beat last year?)

For the record I personally had Hadi winning.

Last year would be too scandalous to give Derek the victory over Hadi, since Derek had not even debuted in the open and they gave him the pass as a gift because in Pittsburgh it was too massive and Manion was surprised. Hadi had already deserved to win against Ramy the previous year, and against Curry it was also a very controversial decision, because Curry has no legs.

Rhoden was convicted and died shortly after, Curry was not a convincing champion, Ramy ruined his body before his time and he also does not live in the US.

The Pro League was desperate for a new face, if the guy is young, white and pretty, the better. What I'm not sure about is the shit about religion, I don't know to what extent that's good among young people today, it's not like it's 1970.

To this we add that the situation in the Middle East has changed a lot since last year.

I think I might be the only guy, but I can't help but see Derek as a phony. I know everyone loves him, but everytime I hear him speak, it just feels like he is saying what he feels is the right thing to say, rather than what he really feels. I might be completely wrong (very likely since I've never met the man) but just gives me the Captain America vibe from The Boyz.

I remember watching him on Fouad's podcast a couple years ago, and it was the most awkward interview ever. Pure cringe, as my kids would say. Now he's a changed man, talking about how God gave him purpose, blah blah. Maybe he truly feels like that, and I'm just not used to hearing someone constantly speak like that, but it feels like he is putting on an act to create the personality that he believes will be good for his image. And to be fair, maybe he's cringe personality earlier on was simply him being young still and not confident enough to say what he wants to say.

At the end of the day, my opinion doesn't matter.

I'm probably just bitter, because I wanted Samson to win. I'm tired of short Mr. Olympias. Want to see a big man up there. Mount Olympus was the throne of Zeus who was the king of gods, and the epitome of masculinity. Not something a guy that is below average height represents for me. In my opinion a Mr. Olympia should be larger than life.

Lastly it was driving me nuts with him crossing the line like crazy. I've heard excuses that, they were just fired up, it's a natural thing to do. No it's not. It's what coaches drill into the heads of (especially smaller) competitors to gain an advantage... "with very pose move up slightly closer to the judges". Derek took that to the next level.

If you say that it's part of the game, to do whatever it takes to have an advantage and win, it's not. Because than you shouldn't complain about SEO, or even implants. Whatever it takes to win right?

If you are competing to be the best, stand on the line and let judges decide who is the best. It shouldn't be about who could cheat slightly to get an advantage. Stand there like a man on the line, and if you look too small, than guess what? You are too small. And if you win, nobody will be able to take that away from you. I know many Olympia winners have done it in the past. But they should have a simple rule. You step over that line, you get one warning. Second time you're disqualified. I guarantee that all of the sudden everyone would be able to control their excitement and not cross the line.

/EndOfRant
We can solve a couple issues with one move: put them on a riser. In 2007 we see the guys on a riser, hard to keep inching forward if you are going to fall off of an edge. It also allows for a place to put the sponsor screen(obviously with screens nicer than the ones in the video.) AND it allows a nice BLACK CURTAIN for the benefit of the athletes, fans and judges. WIN WIN WIN.

While I don't dismiss the benefit of a better representative I will go out on a limb here with a prediction: The bodybuilding fanbase and industry will be more or less the EXACT same size or follow the exact same growth trajectory it does on average for the next year. I know we like to have a great positive Mr. O who interacts more with fans but the idea that Derek will somehow bring all these new normies into our weird ass bodybuilding world is just silly.

Heck were Hadi and Ramy to both announce their retirement tomorrow I bet we would see an overall retraction if anything.
I agree, I think bodybuilding is as mainstream as it’s going to be. Ronnie did Jay Leno I believe it was and Jay is a PR monster. Then during Phil’s era at Dwayne Johnson and Triple H have become involved and been at the Olympia. Maybe they’re hoping Derek can further that.

But let’s face it bodybuilding will never be the NBA or NFL and honestly I personally like that as a competitor.

Last year would be too scandalous to give Derek the victory over Hadi, since Derek had not even debuted in the open and they gave him the pass as a gift because in Pittsburgh it was too massive and Manion was surprised. Hadi had already deserved to win against Ramy the previous year, and against Curry it was also a very controversial decision, because Curry has no legs.

Rhoden was convicted and died shortly after, Curry was not a convincing champion, Ramy ruined his body before his time and he also does not live in the US.

The Pro League was desperate for a new face, if the guy is young, white and pretty, the better. What I'm not sure about is the shit about religion, I don't know to what extent that's good among young people today, it's not like it's 1970.

To this we add that the situation in the Middle East has changed a lot since last year.
Oh, boy, where to start.

1. Rhoden was NEVER CONVICTED, period.

2. Ramy was given a VERY CONTRAVERSIAL special invite and went on to beat the reigning champ, that year, who was American.

3. I do agree Hadi should have multiple O's at this point but I don't think its a political decision.

4. Can anyone honestly think Derek is going to add bodybuilding fans in any number to offset the ones this decision just pissed off in the ME?

5. USA and Iran were no better friends last year vs this. (Not a political statement, a historical one as I am speaking about the past, right?)

Oh, boy, where to start.

2. Ramy was given a VERY CONTRAVERSIAL special invite and went on to beat the reigning champ, that year, who was American.

3. I do agree Hadi should have multiple O's at this point but I don't think its a political decision.

4. Can anyone honestly think Derek is going to add bodybuilding fans in any number to offset the ones this decision just pissed off in the ME?

5. USA and Iran were no better friends last year vs this. (Not a political statement, a historical one as I am speaking about the past, right?)

But you'd agree they're "worse friends" now than last year due to the ongoing Israel/Hamas conflict. Iran are still spewing their empty threats to Israel/USA almost daily.

Hadi had the better physique. So you have to ask yourself why he lost? Not why did Derek win.

The "Champ Champ", USA winner, American Hero, is great for bodybuilding as a whole. He fits the ambassador role they want more than non English speaking, Iranian Hadi does.

I think Derek was good enough to make it close, so they called their favourite candidate as the winner.

Oh, boy, where to start.

Re: #5

CNN.com
Foxnews.com

But you'd agree they're "worse friends" now than last year due to the ongoing Israel/Hamas conflict. Iran are still spewing their empty threats to Israel/USA almost daily.

Hadi had the better physique. So you have to ask yourself why he lost? Not why did Derek win.

The "Champ Champ", USA winner, American Hero, is great for bodybuilding as a whole. He fits the ambassador role they want more than non English speaking, Iranian Hadi does.

I think Derek was good enough to make it close, so they called their favourite candidate as the winner.
Facts. The elephant is in the room. Guys knowing the elephant took a shit in the punch bowl. Yet they keep talking around that fact... 'this punch sure has a unique taste and texture.. someone must have mixed in some of that 100 year Italian wine.. Its an acquired taste but I think I'm starting to like this'.

Guys coming up with side topics to debate(lat, gloss, hard work, etc)knowing full well this was a political decision. And not because he wasn't part of the ifbb insiders club.

Just like threads on recent fatal health issues from the last 2-3 years.
Guys derail the conversation and talk about AAS abuse, just to come off as good global/forum ctizens.
But when you look at all these fatal stoires there is ONE common factor. And this one factor fucks with your blood markers more than AAS.

Over-react much? Geez. Rapists, pedos, pimps who make women sell themselves to fund their lives, kidnappers, suicide bombers, these are "complete scumbags."

A guy who showed bad judgement at a hyper-emotional moment is NOT. Try to keep things in perspective. FFS
Yes those are scumbags too.

My opinion was that him walking off was a scumbag move, different type of scumbag than the above you listed.
Poor sportsmanship, sore loser mentality.

Facts. The elephant is in the room. Guys knowing the elephant took a shit in the punch bowl. Yet they keep talking around that fact... 'this punch sure has a unique taste and texture.. someone must have mixed in some of that 100 year Italian wine.. Its an acquired taste but I think I'm starting to like this'.

Guys coming up with side topics to debate(lat, gloss, hard work, etc)knowing full well this was a political decision. And not because he wasn't part of the ifbb insiders club.

Guys derail the conversation and talk about AAS abuse, just to come off as good global/forum ctizens.
But when you look at all these fatal stoires there is ONE common factor. And this one factor fucks with your blood markers more than AAS.
What one factor are u talking about?

I hear the argument, but I highly doubt any politician here or overseas is sitting back thinking- “damn they got us good letting Derek win.”

Really… this is bodybuilding guys. 🤣 nobody gives a shit politically.

Didn’t the WWE just sell to an overseas entity for billions? Most boxing fights are backed and held overseas.

Derek won because someone in the boys bodybuilding club in the IFBB wanted him to and he was close enough to give the nod to standing next to Hadi. Simple as that IMO.

I hear the argument, but I highly doubt any politician here or overseas is sitting back thinking- “damn they got us good letting Derek win.”

Really… this is bodybuilding guys. 🤣 nobody gives a shit politically.

Didn’t the WWE just sell to an overseas entity for billions? Most boxing fights are backed and held overseas.

Derek won because someone in the boys bodybuilding club in the IFBB wanted him to and he was close enough to give the nod to standing next to Hadi. Simple as that IMO.
You're right. No politician cares about this contest. That's not the politics I am talking about. It goes deeper than those politics.
Like 3000+ years deep.

A red line of blood has been drawn in the sand. Literally.

You have to understand the players involved to grasp what is going on here.

You see guys on the stage. I see guys on the stage and the money guys behind the scenes.

Put all that together and how the events of the last month have playe out then you'll understand why Hadi could not walk out victorious.

Are steroids legal in Iran? I honestly don't know but I know that here in the USA where Derek lives they are a schedule 3 drug and can land you in prison.

What is all this ambassador shit people keep talking about?

Are steroids legal in Iran? I honestly don't know but I know that here in the USA where Derek lives they are a schedule 3 drug and can land you in prison.

What is all this ambassador shit people keep talking about?
I agree ambassador is irrelevant and a distraction.

Question. Who heads the IFBB and who are the private financers of the IFBB?

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws