over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raising HDL

bulk

Banned
im all about possible ways to raise HDL, i take alot things for it, from what ive read b3 is the best and most productive, do you guys have an idea of how productive b3 is for this, and lets name all supps and drugs good for raising hdl, i recently got a little tricor from someone and its good at that and lowering trigs and LDL, i read there was a person somehow that had an HDL of about 100, they called it something like a great health condition

I have been taking omega-3 fish oils for the past few months b/c my doc said to. My HDL was 27 and he wanted to see it around 40. I have been on 4800mgs and have a cholesterol test wed and the truth will come out if it helped. I do cardio in the mornings also and still had 27 so nothing has changed except fish oils were added. cant wait to see the results

I have been taking omega-3 fish oils for the past few months b/c my doc said to. My HDL was 27 and he wanted to see it around 40. I have been on 4800mgs and have a cholesterol test wed and the truth will come out if it helped. I do cardio in the mornings also and still had 27 so nothing has changed except fish oils were added. cant wait to see the results

I would love to hear your results. Please let us know. I have been doing the same with fish oil.

This is a good site for information on Medicines & Vitamins:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
This is a good site for information on Medicines & Vitamins:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

good links! thanks!

use the search button for posts by massive g and vitamin d in softgels.

hdl

I am 36 years old and have been taking lipotor for 2 years.But still my hdl was at 19.I introduced about 40 gramsof fiber and fish oil.The end result was 25.It is very hard to raise hdl.I have also read real research that 2 dark beers a day increases your hdl and also reduces risk of heat attacks and strokes by 35%.I know what your thinking,drinkining and aas.Well true but 2 beers isnt going to be detramental to your progress.Everything has to get weighed out.Hope this was helpful.

I am 36 years old and have been taking lipotor for 2 years.But still my hdl was at 19.I introduced about 40 gramsof fiber and fish oil.The end result was 25.It is very hard to raise hdl.I have also read real research that 2 dark beers a day increases your hdl and also reduces risk of heat attacks and strokes by 35%.I know what your thinking,drinkining and aas.Well true but 2 beers isnt going to be detramental to your progress.Everything has to get weighed out.Hope this was helpful.

i went from a 19 to 45 by taking niacin and lots of fish oils

just got blood work done and my hdl is low and ldl is high. The doc prescribed me niacin and to up my fish oils, also to donate blood as my hemo is high.
I go back for blood work in 3 months and will report if niacin/fish oils helped.

also a bit off topic but my free test was high 53, range is 8.7-25.1. I am taking 250iu of hcg once a week.

Got my results back. The Doc put me on fish oils since my HDL was 27 and wanted it above 40. Well taking 4800mgs fish oils for 4 months my HDL was 13 dropped 50% so no more taking that crap atleast not that much. I am currently on 125mgs of test 2x a week and 10mgs nolva/day. Nurse will call me back to let me know what he wants me to do. Niacin/statins next. ALso I run 5 days a week in the mornings. When off gear in the military my HDL was 3-6 and the docs were confused thought it could be genetics and not so much to worry about.

My HDL is low as well. Doc put me on Simcor (time released niacin) today. She thinks it will do the trick for me. I get it rechecked in 6 weeks...

It is very hard to raise HDL. The thing most commonly prescribed is cardio and fish oil. Or if your LDL is high, get it down, so the LDL:HDL ratio comes back into line.

The biggest problem is most juice will crater your HDL, and there is nothing you can do as long as you are "on". I'm usually on 6 months, off 6 months. When on, My HDL falls from 45 to 10. My LDL stays at 100. So overall cholesterol falls, but the ratio is horrible.

Only about three months after coming off does it tend to come back in line. I have heard a LONG time ago (ten years?) that one of the anti-estros can help with HDL, but I can no longer locate that info.

Last edited:
nolvadex will help hdl if that was what you were referring too..

Fish oil
niacin(flush free)
Vit D
CoQ10
garlic

Fish oil does not seem to have any place in the treatment of high cholesterol/LDL or low HDL ...

Wallace

Int J Cardiol. 2008 Sep 5. [Epub ahead of print] Links
Benefits of fish oil supplementation in hyperlipidemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eslick GD, Howe PR, Smith C, Priest R, Bensoussan A.
Centre for Complementary Medicine Research, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia; School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.

BACKGROUND: Fish oils have been widely reported as a useful supplement to reduce fasting blood triglyceride levels in individuals with hyperlipidemia. We performed an updated meta-analysis to quantitatively evaluate all the randomized trials of fish oils in hyperlipidemic subjects. METHODS: We conducted a systematic literature search using several electronic databases supplemented by manual searches of published reference lists, review articles and conference abstracts. We included all placebo-controlled randomized trials of parallel design that evaluated any of the main blood lipid outcomes: total, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol or triglycerides (TG). Data were pooled using DerSimonian-Laird's random effects model. RESULTS: The final analysis comprised of 47 studies in otherwise untreated subjects showed that taking fish oils (weighted average daily intake of 3.25 g of EPA and/or DHA) produced a clinically significant reduction of TG (-0.34 mmol/L, 95% CI: -0.41 to -0.27), no change in total cholesterol (-0.01 mmol/L, 95% CI: -0.03 to 0.01) and very slight increases in HDL (0.01 mmol/L, 95% CI: 0.00 to 0.02) and LDL cholesterol (0.06 mmol/L, 95% CI: 0.03 to 0.09). The reduction of TG correlated with both EPA+DHA intake and initial TG level. CONCLUSION: Fish oil supplementation produces a clinically significant dose-dependent reduction of fasting blood TG but not total, HDL or LDL cholesterol in hyperlipidemic subjects.

Fish oil
niacin(flush free)
Vit D
CoQ10
garlic

And why vit D?

It only has shown some nice effects when taken TOGETHER with atorvastatin ...

I have never read it does reduce LDL or raise HDL taken alone.

Do you have any "evidence" to support what you advise?

Wallace ;)

Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2008 Aug 27. [Epub ahead of print] Links
Effects of Vitamin D Supplementation in Atorvastatin-Treated Patients: A New Drug Interaction With an Unexpected Consequence.Schwartz J.
[1] 1The Jewish Home of San Francisco, Department of Research, San Francisco, California, USA [2] 2Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA.

The objective of this study was to determine vitamin D supplementation effects on concentrations of atorvastatin and cholesterol in patients. Sixteen patients (8 men, 8 women; 10 Caucasians, 4 African Americans, 1 Hispanic, 1 Asian), aged 63 +/- 11 years (mean +/- SD, weight 92 +/- 31 kg) on atorvastatin (45 +/- 33 mg/day) were studied with and without supplemental vitamin D (800 IU/day for 6 weeks). Levels of vitamin D (1,25-dihydroxy(OH) and 25 OH-metabolites), atorvastatin (parent, OH-acid metabolites, lactone, and lactone metabolites), and cholesterol (total, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, and high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol) were determined at 0.5, 3, and 10 h after dosing. Vitamin D supplementation increased vitamin D-25-OH metabolites (P < 0.0001) without increased 1,25-dihydroxy vitamin D. Atorvastatin and active metabolite concentrations (P < 0.001) as well as LDL-cholesterol and total-cholesterol levels (97 +/- 28 mg/dl vs. 83 +/- 30 and 169 +/- 35 mg/dl vs. 157 +/- 37, P < 0.005) were lower during vitamin D supplementation. The conclusion of the study is that vitamin D supplementation lowers atorvastatin and active metabolite concentrations yet has synergistic effects on cholesterol concentrations.Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics advance online publication 27 August 2008. doi:10.1038/clpt.2008.165.

No studys on hand

Search for posts by massiveG he has posted tones of info on it as far as I can remember. I am not a big fan of satin drugs, he also advices red yeast witch is a satin so maybe it was because of its effect on vit D he was using it. COQ10 should be supplemented when on any satin drug.

Last edited:
COQ10 should be supplemented when on any satin drug.

+ 1 on the COQ10 if on statins.

Wallace -- I think the "treatment" that most of the people here would need would be simply to get off cycle or increase cardio which can be counter-productive unless you are dieting for a contest.

It must just be considered a negative side effect of steroids: for some people their HDL crashes at the same time as they greatly increase calories (along with red meat intake) for greater bulking gains. Not a great mix, and hence long-term, this can lead to heart problems. In someone with a poor family history when it comes to the heart, it makes it something even more serious than usual. I am hoping for the next round of pharma drugs that are in phase II and supposedly III, that are attempting to raise HDL. [On a slightly different topic, one company is examining the injection of pure HDL directly into the body, which then acts almost like Draino on existing clogs]

And Lats -- you are right, it was Nolvadex. Thanks for the answer.

Search for posts by massiveG he has posted tones of info on it as far as I can remember. I am not a big fan of satin drugs, he also advices red yeast witch is a satin so maybe it was because of its effect on vit D he was using it. COQ10 should be supplemented when on any satin drug.

Oh sorry, I was thinking of some "real evidence", such as clinical research on humans.

you are talking about "info", which is sth very different.

Silencer - of course it is. Still, if you cant / wont stop steroids and dieting and whatever else is making your blood lipid profile bad, I think it might be wise to use drugs that have proven efficacy, instead of others that either have not proven to be useful or even proven NOT to be.

Among the problems which aas might lead to, removing all the overestimated bullshit which the "scientific community" has claimed until recent years, atheroslcerosis is a REAL one. Nearly all the dead bbers out there are dies for one or another form of this vascular disease. Having low to very low HDL, as well as high blood pressure and high LDL, should be taken very seriously, IMHO.

By the way, I read sth interesting on statins, which might be helpful in muscle hypertrophy (I wrote might, it is just speculation on some research studies NOT dona on bbers).

Wallace ;)

Last edited:
i took my hdl from about 19 or so to low 40's taking a fish/borage/flax oil combo along with some red yeast rice with coq10.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131