over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

122 Years old!!

Who wants to live to 90?

I do for sure! Heck I want to live to 120 and more if I can do it in a healthy way.

I LOVE my life and want it to last as long as possible.

Same here! I prefer to lived till 90 than 50. Life is short!

Blah I don't like the taste of olive oil but I do like some dark chocolate :D

When I bought my bottle of olive oil at the food store today, I looked at it intensely for about 2 minutes straight, thinking of this thread lol

I agree with Crowler. If I am healthy and cognitive i want to live for a long time. My Nana lived to be 96...she said her secret was taking no ones shit and a beer a night...yeah yeah a Bostonian woman to a T!

I guess fata that are considered good fats are really good fats lol. They kep you alive and well

"Calment ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to olive oil, which she said she poured on all her food[4] and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilogram of chocolate every week.[11]"

Jeanne Calment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey you left out the most interesting part of the story IMO:

"She smoked until the age of 117, only five years before her death.[1][14] Calment smoked from the age of 21 (1896), though according to an unspecified source, she smoked no more than two cigarettes per day.[15]"

I think its safe to say that she lived life on her terms and probably loved every minute of it. She was able to smoke a bit each day and have her wine with chocolate! Sounds like she did what she wanted to do. that's the way to live a life!

Same here! I prefer to lived till 90 than 50. Life is short!

Tell me about it. I may be lucky to make it much past 50, im 42 now.

Hey you left out the most interesting part of the story IMO:

"She smoked until the age of 117, only five years before her death.[1][14] Calment smoked from the age of 21 (1896), though according to an unspecified source, she smoked no more than two cigarettes per day.[15]"

I think its safe to say that she lived life on her terms and probably loved every minute of it. She was able to smoke a bit each day and have her wine with chocolate! Sounds like she did what she wanted to do. that's the way to live a life!

Ok that definitely makes me think that this is almost all genetics...yeah I'm not saying that we can't learn something from her, but I get the feeling she was gonna crack 100 no matter what she did.

Ok that definitely makes me think that this is almost all genetics...yeah I'm not saying that we can't learn something from her, but I get the feeling she was gonna crack 100 no matter what she did.

Yeah, kinda like how some guys are on 1g/wk or more all year long and havent had any issues yet. Only thing different in that example though is that there is noway those guys are going to live to be anywhere near this old.

Yea, that's the long and short of it. We can influence it to a degree but you see too many people that live healthy lifestyles die early and others that eat shit, smoke and drink and seem to go on for ever. That's why the decision to blast and cruise wasn't that hard for me, it's my one vice, i exercise, eat clean, don't smoke, don't drink. I couldn't keep that up all my life without a little gear and gh to reap the benefits. Im under no illusion though, the gear will cost me some years, but at least there be my old man years.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I made a thread about this a couple months ago, but maybe some of you in this thread will find it interesting. Copy and pasted from my other thread:

This is a Ted TV clip with Cynthia Kenyon from UCSF. She talks about aging, and genes that may control part of it, including doubling lifespan of different organisms by a mutation in a particular gene.

What struck me as interesting, is how the Insulin and IGF receptor and the FOX0 gene play a huge role in anti-aging.

She stated that Centurians were more likely to have a defective IGF receptor, and I felt she explained things in a very simple way.

I wish she had talked more about diet, since she is a big believer in low-carb for this reason (avoiding high glycemic foods to keep insulin stable). It seems she didn't have enough time maybe to talk about it.

16 minute clip but worth it especially for the members of this forum.

Cynthia Kenyon: Experiments that hint of longer lives - YouTube

I started reading a book... "The Healing Kitchen" and it has a quote from Hippocrates that says, "let food be thy medicine". Olive oil could very well be what he had in mind. Also regarding dark chocolate, "the antioxidant power in a piece of dark chocolate is equal to that of a cup of green tea and twice that of a glass of red wine". Now if I can just get chocolate on my meal plan.

Finally i can eat chocolate and not feel guilty with thoughts in the back of my mind from the vets here flaming me for eating so shitty

Of course it is genetics - people dont seriously think it was Olive oil and Choc. Good luck with that. Most people who live longest are women. Most women who live longest never grew up eating the processed junk from Candys to Whey proteins with additives. Most women who lived longest ate low calories less than 1000 a day.

Of course it is genetics - people dont seriously think it was Olive oil and Choc. Good luck with that. Most people who live longest are women. Most women who live longest never grew up eating the processed junk from Candys to Whey proteins with additives. Most women who lived longest ate low calories less than 1000 a day.

just need a sex change and a new diet

Interesting thread, I love dark chocolate!:p
But in the life if you don't have a chance...I know more guys with a good diet, cadio all the day...and heart attack around 50 years.
And others with alcool, cigarettes, bad diet with no probs...

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws