over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2nd time IGF-1 user, what would you do?

Just read some more regarding this on PM. Got this information from the member @saphire here.

Apparently an IGF blood test won’t show increased IGF levels from taking exogenous IGF since it’s unbound. IGF tests only pick up bound IGF. Now I know!

Cage
Interesting. But we can use an IGF test to get an idea how we are responding to gh? If we can't use an IGF test to see if IGF is legit, I guess our only other option would be to trust the suppliers at their word or send it off to a lab to get tested?

Question for everyone,

How do you tell the difference between igf and insulin? They sound exactly the same in effects..

Question for everyone,

How do you tell the difference between igf and insulin? They sound exactly the same in effects..
Here I copied his post, and I’ll put it here for reference.

Cage

I was talking to this with my doctor (he was helping some bodybuilders and people with PED background so he know about it) and he told me basicly that IGF-1 doesn't show on blood, because IGF-1 blood tests look only for bound IGF-1 while the purpose of IGF-1 LR3/DES/MECASERMIN/ETC. is to keep it unbound and therefore bioavailable meaning it will not show up on conventional blood tests. It is the same scenario as for blood tests which examine testosterone levels. Many people can have results showing low or normal testosterone levels, but have high free testosterone levels; which is much more important, since only testosterone which is not bound to SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) can be used by the body.
Therefore your levels of IGF-1 on a blood test are not of much importance and do not take into account the increase from IGF-1 usage, as they only look at bound IGF-1 (which cannot be used by the body since attached to binding proteins).
Pity that we can't compare it to GH on blood test, but the results speak for themselves.
On bloods you can see effects on BG, because real igf-1 acts very like insulin, that's why i got hypo few times.

Here I copied his post, and I’ll put it here for reference.

Cage

I was talking to this with my doctor (he was helping some bodybuilders and people with PED background so he know about it) and he told me basicly that IGF-1 doesn't show on blood, because IGF-1 blood tests look only for bound IGF-1 while the purpose of IGF-1 LR3/DES/MECASERMIN/ETC. is to keep it unbound and therefore bioavailable meaning it will not show up on conventional blood tests. It is the same scenario as for blood tests which examine testosterone levels. Many people can have results showing low or normal testosterone levels, but have high free testosterone levels; which is much more important, since only testosterone which is not bound to SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) can be used by the body.
Therefore your levels of IGF-1 on a blood test are not of much importance and do not take into account the increase from IGF-1 usage, as they only look at bound IGF-1 (which cannot be used by the body since attached to binding proteins).
Pity that we can't compare it to GH on blood test, but the results speak for themselves.
On bloods you can see effects on BG, because real igf-1 acts very like insulin, that's why i got hypo few times.

I understand.. but what I'm saying is what's to stop a supplier from just giving you lyophilized insulin? Cheaper and same effects.. and how would you ever know?

They were using some decent doses of IGF Mecasermin. I know back when I used IGF-LR3 I was using 50-75mcg. Didn’t notice anything from it. But it very well coukd have been junk. This thread talked about using 800mcg daily. With some going higher to like 1-2mg daily. Claimed to have great results with the higher doses, but needed to followed up with a solid carbohydrate meal to account for glucose fluctuations.

Cage

I understand.. but what I'm saying is what's to stop a supplier from just giving you lyophilized insulin? Cheaper and same effects.. and how would you ever know?
I guess nothing really…. As long as you utilize a trusted sponsor I’d think they’d provide you with the appropriate product.

Cage

The only way to know would be to send it to get lab tested since apparently a blood test will show nothing. One reason I'm not into when we have access to gh and we can better verify it's real

I think Janoshik or can test if it is real IGF-1 LR3/DES, imho that is the only way to know if it is the real deal. From my very limited understanding of the LR3 Version, I have heard some guys say that it just doesn't work in humans, it just gets into the bloodstream, flows around some time, until it eventually gets removed. The LR3 Modification seems to change the peptide too much, so that it doesn't dock to the igf receptors (I'm probably butchering the explanation, but it sounds plausible to me).

In the end, I don't think it is just that good of a compound, so few big Pro BBs are using it, they stick to aas+insulin+hgh; it just doesn't seem to work the way we thought it would.

Maybe @Type-IIx can chime in, and either rip me apart for being retarded or give some more context 😅.

I think Janoshik or can test if it is real IGF-1 LR3/DES, imho that is the only way to know if it is the real deal. From my very limited understanding of the LR3 Version, I have heard some guys say that it just doesn't work in humans, it just gets into the bloodstream, flows around some time, until it eventually gets removed. The LR3 Modification seems to change the peptide too much, so that it doesn't dock to the igf receptors (I'm probably butchering the explanation, but it sounds plausible to me).

In the end, I don't think it is just that good of a compound, so few big Pro BBs are using it, they stick to aas+insulin+hgh; it just doesn't seem to work the way we thought it would.

Maybe @Type-IIx can chime in, and either rip me apart for being retarded or give some more context 😅.
LR3 IGF-I vs. rhIGF-I similarities and differences are not the easiest to understand or communicate. But basically the two are equipotent in human skeletal muscle, but LR3 is the more potent anabolic agent used systemically (causing greater total-body growth). LR3 of all these growth factors has the greatest propensity to increase viscera (gut, organ) growth. LR3 is characterised by lacking any affinity for IGFBPs, that variously reduce and/or increase activity in different tissues. Since LR3 administration is unlikely to be detected as IGF-I due to the assays used to detect IGF-I in serum (and because its duration of activity is reduced by not binding to IGFBPs), it almost certainly will not be detected by serum IGF-I bloodwork as an increase to IGF-I; but might actually be detected as a reduction. Janoshik does indeed offer a test for LR3 IGF-I. The two have considerable differences in how they are to be stored and handled, and are both quite unstable.

LR3 IGF-I vs. rhIGF-I similarities and differences are not the easiest to understand or communicate. But basically the two are equipotent in human skeletal muscle, but LR3 is the more potent anabolic agent used systemically (causing greater total-body growth). LR3 of all these growth factors has the greatest propensity to increase viscera (gut, organ) growth. LR3 is characterised by lacking any affinity for IGFBPs, that variously reduce and/or increase activity in different tissues. Since LR3 administration is unlikely to be detected as IGF-I due to the assays used to detect IGF-I in serum (and because its duration of activity is reduced by not binding to IGFBPs), it almost certainly will not be detected by serum IGF-I bloodwork as an increase to IGF-I; but might actually be detected as a reduction. Janoshik does indeed offer a test for LR3 IGF-I. The two have considerable differences in how they are to be stored and handled, and are both quite unstable.
Also, it is true that insulin is the more anabolic compound in muscle versus IGF-I and its analogues; it's available, cheap, and is therefore often just used rather than LR3/rh-IGF-I. The particular use case for LR3/rh-IGF-I is to stimulate muscle cell proliferation & differentiation without the myriad GH or insulin effects that those agents bring to the table. That can be advantageous or disadvantageous in different contexts.

@Type-IIx I love it when you talk nerdy to me…

For those of you with experience with this compound and higher dosages, does increased fat in the diet have any negative affect as it would with insulin?

@Type-IIx I love it when you talk nerdy to me…

For those of you with experience with this compound and higher dosages, does increased fat in the diet have any negative affect as it would with insulin?
It does not, that is indeed one of the advantages vs. slin.

Also, it is true that insulin is the more anabolic compound in muscle versus IGF-I and its analogues; it's available, cheap, and is therefore often just used rather than LR3/rh-IGF-I. The particular use case for LR3/rh-IGF-I is to stimulate muscle cell proliferation & differentiation without the myriad GH or insulin effects that those agents bring to the table. That can be advantageous or disadvantageous in different contexts.
Would def be curious if you have any opinion on combining LR3 with PEG-MGF, particularly wrt to all the different protocols bandied about.

You got guys running them together, others claim you need to run them consecutively at least in some fashion (PEG-MGF and then LR3) to get any effect. For some that means running PEG on off days/LR3 on training days. For others that means running PEG for a period of weeks followed by running LR3 for a period of weeks (The old Datbtrue method, etc).

There used to be piles of discussion about this but after an initial phase of IGF-1 being the hot new thing around 2010-2014 you see much less discussion about that aspect of it these days.

FWIW, from personal experience, there's so many variables (compound stability, the fact that they're small needle movers overall as part of a full-spectrum stack, I haven't been able to come to any hard conclusions, so I'm quite curious about what the science really suggests.

Would def be curious if you have any opinion on combining LR3 with PEG-MGF, particularly wrt to all the different protocols bandied about.

You got guys running them together, others claim you need to run them consecutively at least in some fashion (PEG-MGF and then LR3) to get any effect. For some that means running PEG on off days/LR3 on training days. For others that means running PEG for a period of weeks followed by running LR3 for a period of weeks (The old Datbtrue method, etc).

There used to be piles of discussion about this but after an initial phase of IGF-1 being the hot new thing around 2010-2014 you see much less discussion about that aspect of it these days.

FWIW, from personal experience, there's so many variables (compound stability, the fact that they're small needle movers overall as part of a full-spectrum stack, I haven't been able to come to any hard conclusions, so I'm quite curious about what the science really suggests.
I don't like PEGylated MGF or exogenous MGF (IGF-IEc in humans, -IEb in rodents). I believe that its exogenous administration will likely lay down noncontractile/collagen tissues rather than skeletal muscle. While autocrine MGF is a factor in the process of satellite cell activation (its mRNA expression being increased then as one mechanism of hypertrophy or muscle remodeling), it's part of a complex interplay of different factors in this. It is also a key factor in myogenesis (muscle repair, not hypertrophy). You see it overexpressed in aged muscle put on very high resistance training volumes in prior sedentary elderly subjects, aching to injury. To me this reflects its primary action as a myogenic factor (we don't try to destroy muscle and rebuild it by repair pathways, we try to stimulate hypertrophy; though some fuck this up massively with excessive training volumes). As anabolic as intracrine/paracrine MGF seems to be (especially as seen with IGF-IEb expression in rats), I'd advise rhGH and/or rhGH + LR3- or rh- IGF-I (combined), as IGF-I sequentially stimulates both myoblast proliferation & myogenic differentation by activating the ERK & PI3K/Akt pathways, respectively.

I don't like PEGylated MGF or exogenous MGF (IGF-IEc in humans, -IEb in rodents). I believe that its exogenous administration will likely lay down noncontractile/collagen tissues rather than skeletal muscle. While autocrine MGF is a factor in the process of satellite cell activation (its mRNA expression being increased then as one mechanism of hypertrophy or muscle remodeling), it's part of a complex interplay of different factors in this. It is also a key factor in myogenesis (muscle repair, not hypertrophy). You see it overexpressed in aged muscle put on very high resistance training volumes in prior sedentary elderly subjects, aching to injury. To me this reflects its primary action as a myogenic factor (we don't try to destroy muscle and rebuild it by repair pathways, we try to stimulate hypertrophy; though some fuck this up massively with excessive training volumes). As anabolic as intracrine/paracrine MGF seems to be (especially as seen with IGF-IEb expression in rats), I'd advise rhGH and/or rhGH + LR3- or rh- IGF-I (combined), as IGF-I sequentially stimulates both myoblast proliferation & myogenic differentation by activating the ERK & PI3K/Akt pathways, respectively.
And if you are wondering the difference between the procollagenous activities of GH/IGF-I & MGF, it is that the former deposit collagen into the extracellular matrix (strengthening the muscle-bone attachment) & connective tissues, bone, tendon, ligament. Whereas the latter (exogenous MGF), like severe muscle damage, likely deposits collagen into the muscle fibers (i.e., necrosis).

Peg mgf is a joke and doesn't do shit.

Ps thanks datbtrue! *rolling eyes*

Much appreciated, as always.

It had totally slipped my mind until I read this, but the one time I did a deep-dive on PEG-MGF, most of the clinical literature (on MGF in general, and most of the time MGF-E peptide was discussed) concerned injury repair/collagen synthesis, particularly ligament tears, etc.

I remember wondering why I haven't heard people in this space suggesting MGF as a "healing stack" compound.

I suppose your argument can be summed up that a lack of MGF is rarely (never?) going to be a bottleneck for proliferation/differentiation (particularly in the presence of high levels of GH/IGF-1), and if it ever is, the downsides outweigh it anyway.

Makes sense!

Def a lot of rabbit holes to sprout from that, for instance if what you're saying about MGF is true, in the world of bodybuilding I'd have to imagine that after years of training, there may be an aesthetic difference in how much intra-muscular collagen has been deposited over the years, effected by individual expression of MGF affected by genetics/training/nutrition/supplementation/etc.

It does not, that is indeed one of the advantages vs. slin.

So at lower-ish doses like 25mcg a day do you think some one on a low carb could handle it with out going hypo? Or would it be wasteful to use with out carbs...

Edit: And do you personally think the benefits are worth the cost?

So at lower-ish doses like 25mcg a day do you think some one on a low carb could handle it with out going hypo? Or would it be wasteful to use with out carbs...

Edit: And do you personally think the benefits are worth the cost?
The hypoglycemic risk with LR3 IGF-I is very high, on par with slin. I wouldn't attempt it on a low carbohydrate diet. I think the benefits are worth the cost for a very advanced guy that is truly limited by the pool of available myofibers. If he has truly recruited and hypertrophied all of his muscle pool maximally, then its use makes sense to me. I think for most, the effects on gut/visceral growth, impracticalities with storage, handling, & shipping, et cetera make it a bit too exotic.

The hypoglycemic risk with LR3 IGF-I is very high, on par with slin. I wouldn't attempt it on a low carbohydrate diet. I think the benefits are worth the cost for a very advanced guy that is truly limited by the pool of available myofibers. If he has truly recruited and hypertrophied all of his muscle pool maximally, then its use makes sense to me. I think for most, the effects on gut/visceral growth, impracticalities with storage, handling, & shipping, et cetera make it a bit too exotic.

Yeah, Im definitely not there. I'll spend my money on more traditional PED's then. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131