over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

400g of protein TOO MUCH?

Derek

Registered
Im used to eating 200g. But since I kicked my training into high gear with DC I have been routinely eating 400grams of protein. Just wanted to make sure im not over doing it. I could bringit down to 1g/1pound and up my carbs or fats to get the balance of calories... Just wondering. cause I am eating more real food now but add a shake to each meal...

Derek, as Phil is always telling me, it's not how much you eat, but how much you assimilate. Are you getting fat? Stronger? Look at your body's response and go from there. Good luck.

well I am on roids right now so i am hoping I am assimilating all my protein...

Im up 15-20lbs so i am sure its all good.. Im just trying to cut costs on powder down

haah JBK i couldnt agree more.. derek you think too damn much, do you not have a job so all you do is sit around and think??? lol do something to keep you occupied so you stop worrying so damn much. j/k

youve made good gains just stick with it, if you are worried you are taking too much maybe cut out a couple scoops a day and see if you are stilll gaining muscle, most likely 400g is a little on the high side, but as they say if it aint broke dont fix it.

later,

todd

No im not personally training Derek at all, he is just doing things I believe by what he sees on the boards. Picking up bits and pieces im suspecting

Derek Im with everyone else here. You continually question if what you are doing is right over and over. Ive seen you on this board asking the same questions "is what IM doing right?" again and again and then I see you go to "cuttingedgemuscle" and you ask the same questions there too. And I suspect theres other boards your posting at that you are asking the same questions there. Seriously man this is my suggestion. If your up 15-20lbs and you still arent believing in what your doing--get out of it, dump it. I dont want you doing a semblance of my methods then. You need to find something you believe in thru and thru, the reasons behind it fit in your mind and it all makes sense to you. You must of jumped on this DC bandwagon thing without reading thru it obviously, and I guess you did it because of some pics you saw up on the web or because other people are talking about it. See I dont want anyone to try my methods out unless they take the time to read what Ive tried to get across to people and think "you know.... that makes sense to me, Im going to go with what this guy is saying"..............Honestly Im not being a dick here, you need to go back to the Flex magazine routine or HST, or Weider principles 1 thru 126, or whatever methods that you read about and agree with because even though this looks like to me its working for you(15-20lbs) its obviously not....working for you in your mind if you keep questioning it --I would strongly urge you to stop and do something else. I originally put my thoughts out there on Animals little board over three years ago to 50 bodybuilders at the time to help bodybuilders build musclemass at a very advanced rate...I didnt know that word of mouth would make it carry all over the place and it would catch wildfire like this. I cant freaking stand that its getting this "flavor of the month" or "the latest fad to try out" stamp on it. I liked it alot better when it was a secret that a few guys knew about because they trusted in what I was saying. I read bodybuilding.com sometimes and I get so frustrated when I see "DC training" thrown about like its the Coldstone Creamery ice cream flavor to try out.

pay up and get all the do's and dont's

All this worrying gotta be causin a cascade effect starting with cortisol.

?

You can stuff your face all you want and gain alot of mass and fat but what about the MUSCLE ?? its about building quality muscle RIGHT therefore you gotta keep a close eye on MUSCLE GROWTH not how much the scale says its the MIRROR that counts my friend , just because your training went up another level doesnt necessarly meen you need more cals carbs or protein,,, theres no need for overkill just moniter and keep intune with your bodys progress keep a dialog of what works if you have to,,,,,,,,,,,, WHAT WORKS , "WORKS" so dont fn fix it .

good luck

Last edited:
Re: ?

Vander_V said:
You can stuff your face all you want and gain alot of mass and fat but what about the MUSCLE ?? its about building quality muscle RIGHT therefore you gotta keep a close eye on MUSCLE GROWTH not how much the scale says its the MIRROR that counts my friend , just because your training went up another level doent necessarly meen you need more cals carbs or pryein,,, theres no need for overkill just moniter and keep intune with your bodys progress keep a dialog of what works if you have to,,,,,,,,,,,, WHAT WORKS , "WORKS" so dont fn fix it .

good luck

Great point my friend!!!

Vander, awesome post. I've learned this myself recently when I found out that my strenght keeps going up and I look better on less calories and protien then I thought possible. My advice Derek, would be to find somebody you trust and pay them for a consultation. You'll get alot of valuable insight, and somebody to step you through your doubts. Just stay away from Hernon! He needs all his free time to answer my stupid questions!

Not true!!!!

DIEZEL666 said:
Vander, awesome post. I've learned this myself recently when I found out that my strenght keeps going up and I look better on less calories and protien then I thought possible. My advice Derek, would be to find somebody you trust and pay them for a consultation. You'll get alot of valuable insight, and somebody to step you through your doubts. Just stay away from Hernon! He needs all his free time to answer my stupid questions!

I have a few extra seconds after Diezel6666!! ahhhahaahha

Phil

If I had know you had extra seconds to yourself I would have been asking more questions. NO FREE TIME FOR YOU! (Said in Soup Nazi voice)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131