advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

405 is heavy weight no matter what age. Some guys just have that crazy drive and strength. any guy pushing 4 plates is a very strong man, thats not normal. Shit even 315 is good weight. If you take the normal guys out there that doesnt lift weights a 225 will burry most.

THanks guys, It was a milestone. 35 yrs in the making!
I too have really never had a great bench. My best at 25 yrs old was 365 but could incline and behind the neck military 385...Go figure.
I'm not even sure how I hit this weight. I took it easy all summer and fall doing reps and I'm only 3 weeks into my sust / deca run. (no Tren).
I had a terrible week prior losing 7 lbs with to much stress and not enough sleep.
I can only think, muscle maturity after 6 yrs of constant lifting.
Still at 6'2" 255lbs I always thought I should be at least that strong instead of just lookin it.

Next goal, strait bar curling 2 plates...lol

Congrats on that and you're in great shape too! I'll be 47 this year. I'll be glad when I can train again. Had lumbar and cervical fusion surgery last year and currently nursing a broken T6 vertebrae and pedicle bone...:( I can't wait to get back at! Thanks for representing us mid forty guys well!!..:headbang:

Holy shit! Cervical and lumbar fusion? Bro thats intense same year. Hoping your recovery is going well. Im a PI attorney and have clients that take over a year to recover from lumbar alone. God bless!

Congrats. I myself just turned 48 on January 4th. I just got 375 for one the day of my birthday. My goal is 405#. I do not lift heavy on a regular basis. I do moderate weight and lots of reps. When I do lift heavy it is usually after I am quite warmed up. My other goal is abs. LOL. That is another story. That will require more work.

I have always pyramided.
135 x 15
185 x 12
225 x 10
275 x 8
315 x 6
365 x 4
Then I work back down to 225 x ?
Then its off to my next 3 exercises.. On these I start heavy, for about 8 reps and work down in weight since I am plenty warmed up. I also pick up the pace between sets.
This way I cover heavy and reps in the same workout.

Last edited:
congrats man

I would have torn both pecs, labrums, a rotator cuff, lat..

probably pull a hamstring too.

405 is heavy weight no matter what age. Some guys just have that crazy drive and strength. any guy pushing 4 plates is a very strong man, thats not normal. Shit even 315 is good weight. If you take the normal guys out there that doesnt lift weights a 225 will burry most.

x2

Very impressive Concreter. Well done and I bet you get it for 2 reps soon.

Coming back to Get It In Ya's post... sure you see videos of freaks pressing 5 plates for numerous reps. Plus there are loads of big guys who throw around some huge weights across the globe. But sometimes on here guys talk like 4 plates is nothing. It really is something... I never see it. I have trained in loads of gyms... some full of massive guys full of hormones. I very rarely see anyone bench press 4 plates... even 3 plates. There are a few huge guys in my current gym who compete and I see them struggle to get 3 plates for more than 5 reps... another struggles with 2 plates.

Regardless of the weight you lifted it's good to see people reach their goals. Weirdly I probably lift more on incline bench than I do on flat. I think I got 6 or 8 reps with 70kg a side the other week.

Ha Ha, That means when you come back to the Seminole Hard Rock, we got to celebrate!!!! Before that though, I need some pointers! Congrats Brother!:headbang:

I too have really never had a great bench. My best at 25 yrs old was 365 but could incline and behind the neck military 385...Go figure.
I'm not even sure how I hit this weight. I took it easy all summer and fall doing reps and I'm only 3 weeks into my sust / deca run. (no Tren).
I had a terrible week prior losing 7 lbs with to much stress and not enough sleep.
Still at 6'2" 255lbs I always thought I should be at least that strong instead of just lookin it.

That's some big weight! Nice job.. Do you still press heavy behind the neck? I remember watching clips of Levrone pressing 315 for reps behind the neck and I thought that was crazy.

I'm 25 now and about 50lbs below your 365 at this age! Your post and many others shows that this is a sport of patience and persistence. Congrats on the 405 and an even bigger congrats to you and all the other guys showing us young guns that dedication and consistency is key

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That's some big weight! Nice job.. Do you still press heavy behind the neck? I remember watching clips of Levrone pressing 315 for reps behind the neck and I thought that was crazy.

Had to give up on behind the neck!
Tore my delt a few times, once in a rock throwing contest lol, yrs ago then 5 yrs back going way to heavy on extensions.
Healed them myself with yrs of light ext and uprights. Now I can use the seated cable machine to press and it feels great going overhead again.
Also I only do dbell inclines working on 125's x 10.
The key is having that free range of motion and not being locked in with a barbell.

yeah man, thats a big lift. ive never broken past 335. when i hit 335 i was 175lbs at a meet. that was my last powerlifting comp. i blew my quad that day. havent gone for a max bench since.

Very nice. I'll always stop what I'm doing to watch the people that put up big numbers like that.

Its nice seeing 4 plates on the bar.
Had to give up deadlifting 5 plates and squatting 6 with my torn hammy.
Time to load up the Curl bar I guess..

Its nice seeing 4 plates on the bar.
Had to give up deadlifting 5 plates and squatting 6 with my torn hammy.
Time to load up the Curl bar I guess..

Curls errrrrrrryyyy day!

Its Been a week, Going for the 125's for 10 on the incline..
Another best. [hopefully].

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity