over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

500 pound raw squat,

Form is Everything

Aloha,

Congrats on your PR brother!

I must differ though in your opinion regarding form and heavy weight, or going for your max. I say this as a Olympic Weightlifting Coach and Sports Performance Coach. Hip extension and drive, not excessive lumbar flexion to lumbar extension.

Used to lift heavy, too much to soon when I was much younger, my back suffered greatly, and still is to this day. Still lifting at 56, always with strict form..

Stay well and injury free.

V55

Aloha,

I must differ though in your opinion regarding form and heavy weight, or going for your max. I say this as a Olympic Weightlifting Coach and Sports Performance Coach. Hip extension and drive, not excessive lumbar flexion to lumbar extension.

Used to lift heavy, too much to soon when I was much younger, my back suffered greatly, and still is to this day. Still lifting at 56, always with strict form..

V55

x2,,

hey bro..i was gonna ask ya how you were doing one of these days..glad you posted this...great job bro

John gets down! :cool:

Awesome job bro..

Very nice, good depth.

But watching you do it open (not in a cage), made my skin crawl. I'm 42, been lifting and squatting since 17, always used a cage with saftey bars about 4 inches below parallel, just in case, never needed them, until a month ago. Got back into squatting, 405 for 8 reps first set, second set 4th rep my knees blew out, both of them quad tendon ruptures, completely off the bone. If I hadn't put the safety bar in place, I'd likely be dead or have a broken neck or back because I went straight down, it would have folded and crushed me. Now I'm only faced with about 4 - 6 more weeks in casts and braces after the surgery, rather than paralysis.
I didnt have a spot, it was easy weight. Even if I did, it happened so fast they couldn't have done anything. Plenty of videos of squat accidents on youtube that proves that.

Just be careful, use the saftey bars if you can.

I'm impressed by your feat. At a bodyweight of just 185 that is rather good, and even better at your age considering youre a lifetime natural. I cannot imagine you have even begun to tap into your potential at your age. You can probably get 585 within 2 years I bet, although your bodyweight is going to go up!

Keep up the good work, and stay natural.

Last edited:
kickass pound for pound strength! Doesn't it feel great always beating pr's?! and reaching your goals a lot sooner than anticipated? Gotta love it. I'
m excited for your pl future

Congratulations 7! At just 20 years old, that is quit a feat!! Keep it up little Platz!!!

Well done!

Great job....think of where you'll be in 10 more years.

YIKES WHERE IS THE CAGE!! otherwise goodjob.. safety first! no point squattting 500lbs if there is potential to not have legs afterwards ;)

10-15% more

As a whole, it did look very good!

I have another angle on the cage comments- besides safety, using the cage can add possibly 10-15% more weight.

Reason: I did a study during my Kinesiology major- When you step back that much in the open area like you did, you lose about 10% of your strength. With a cage, you can lift the bar off the rack, step back a few inches, and then squat. This is another reason why powerlifter's use the Monolift- besides safety for walking with 800-1000 lbs, it allows all muscular and balancing effort to be focused soley on the lift itself.

Keep it up!

motivating! I see huge numbers in your future!

Nice Job!
Thanks man.

Nice Squat; Good Depth.
Thanks alot, that's the only way I know how to squat.

Aloha,

V55
Thanks viking. Being as I'm still a newb at power lifting, I will give me side of this.
Olympic lifting is far more tech driven than power lifting, and a single flaw in it will make you unable to do the lift, similar to sumo dead lift.
Don't quote me, but I think it was Ed C maybe..i can't remember, but a great power lifting said the quote I said before, if you can use 100% good form on the lift then it's not your true 1 rep max..it might have been IA too though, reguardless both are smart guys.
I will be the first to admit my form was shitty.
I will also say there is really no excuse, but I did this working up to it, trying to find my 1 rep max..still haven't located it yet. lol
430x1
460x1
480x1
500x1
So maybe if a PLer with more experience than me would like to step in and argue a point, or even support Viking, i'd more than love to hear it.

Reguardless, thanks for the support, encourageing words, and for looking out for me.
I hope your back is ok, and it's kinda ironic you said that because I just strained it last Thur from DLs. >_<

good job bro
Thanks CK!

hey bro..i was gonna ask ya how you were doing one of these days..glad you posted this...great job bro
Just trying to get strong man haha. Thanks man for watching and stopping by. :)

Great job!!
Thanks!

John gets down! :cool:

Awesome job bro..
Thanks man, I acredit my strength gains to the 531, get that damn program now!

Very nice, good depth.

But watching you do it open (not in a cage), made my skin crawl. I'm 42, been lifting and squatting since 17, always used a cage with saftey bars about 4 inches below parallel, just in case, never needed them, until a month ago. Got back into squatting, 405 for 8 reps first set, second set 4th rep my knees blew out, both of them quad tendon ruptures, completely off the bone. If I hadn't put the safety bar in place, I'd likely be dead or have a broken neck or back because I went straight down, it would have folded and crushed me. Now I'm only faced with about 4 - 6 more weeks in casts and braces after the surgery, rather than paralysis.
I didnt have a spot, it was easy weight. Even if I did, it happened so fast they couldn't have done anything. Plenty of videos of squat accidents on youtube that proves that.

Just be careful, use the saftey bars if you can.
I 110% agree with you I wish we had a cage..I honestly don't know why we don't, but i trust them fellas honestly with my life, and that' what it comes down too in the end when you're up under any amount of weight..the other day I was benching, and I had only 1 spotter, he literally curled 265 up because he thought it was going to land on my face.
I'm am sorry to hear about your injury, that really sucks, and it figures as soon as you start squatting that happens. lol I will mention it to them, because we have a rack, we just never use it.
I hope you make a full and fast recovery bro, and thanks for looking out. :)

I'm impressed by your feat. At a bodyweight of just 185 that is rather good, and even better at your age considering youre a lifetime natural. I cannot imagine you have even begun to tap into your potential at your age. You can probably get 585 within 2 years I bet, although your bodyweight is going to go up!

Keep up the good work, and stay natural.
Thanks man, I really hope I can get 600 in Nov at my power lifting meet(i'll post videos) I got about 8 months to train, so if I can get 10 pounds a month, and I'll let the ammonia and adrenaline do the other 20 pounds come then. :)

kickass pound for pound strength! Doesn't it feel great always beating pr's?! and reaching your goals a lot sooner than anticipated? Gotta love it. I'
m excited for your pl future
Thanks Brad, kinda ironic coming from you, pound for pound the strongest guy on the forum lol
It feels amazing though, I've still got the high from it now. Thanks for watching, you keep kicking ass too man, you'll be on TV in only a matter of years.

Congratulations 7! At just 20 years old, that is quit a feat!! Keep it up little Platz!!!
Thanks Bio, I love his legs, I was thinking last night before I read this, now I only have to do it 19 more times and I'll be a bad ass..I want to recreate that video before I die, no joke.

Great job....think of where you'll be in 10 more years.
Thanks tom, I hope injury free and in good health. lol If I can break some state records, and maybe compete in the worlds that'd be a dream come true.

YIKES WHERE IS THE CAGE!! otherwise goodjob.. safety first! no point squattting 500lbs if there is potential to not have legs afterwards ;)
I know 100%, see above. lol
Thanks for watching and watching out. :)

As a whole, it did look very good!

I have another angle on the cage comments- besides safety, using the cage can add possibly 10-15% more weight.

Reason: I did a study during my Kinesiology major- When you step back that much in the open area like you did, you lose about 10% of your strength. With a cage, you can lift the bar off the rack, step back a few inches, and then squat. This is another reason why powerlifter's use the Monolift- besides safety for walking with 800-1000 lbs, it allows all muscular and balancing effort to be focused soley on the lift itself.

Keep it up!
Thanks for the support. :)
Ya walking out the weight is a bitch, but you gota do what you gota do..I need to practice just /w the bar finding a confy place to stand and not walk out 10 steps.
motivating! I see huge numbers in your future!

Thanks man, this one comment here makes it worth while for me, I'm glad I motivate you, and I hope you reach your goals and stay healthy/injury free.
The other comments deff help, so I don't want to sound like a dick or anything /w the above sentence, so thank you all and I hope you don't take my sentence the wrong way!

Awesome lift dude. I wish i could do that when i was your age. those wheels got alot bigger since you avatar pic. keep at it!

Thanks Tommy, I need to get some new pictures up but I've been lazy as hell lol.

I'd also like to note I just watched my 480 video, and I had much better form that doesn't remind me of nails on a chalk board.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131