over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

a Doctors view of obesity

agreed

Some people simply need to be told how it is, without sugarcoating. There are people at my gym everyday, who are morbidly obese, i'm talking 100+ lbs overweight, who tell the trainers there they don't need any help, they can do it themselves. Its really sad but hilarious at the same time. I have a friend whose wife had gastric bypass, and during all of her meetings, she was given examples of people who, even after the surgery, gained even more weight because they still refused to control what they ate. If a person can't handle the word diet, they certainly can't hand the lifestyle change needed to trigger massive weight loss. I work with a guy right now, who has type 2 diabetes, is at risk of going blind, and still has a coke and honeybun every morning and refuses to take insulin. I will never understand that.

There need to be more Doctors like him, "Fat excuse having whiney BITCH".

Way to many people out there that need help and can't get it, then there are people like this that can get the help and refuse to listen to reason.

Then they want to whine about how they have to get the help they need. He should have thrown her out of his office for wasting his time.

There need to be more Doctors like him, "Fat excuse having whiney BITCH".

Way to many people out there that need help and can't get it, then there are people like this that can get the help and refuse to listen to reason.

Then they want to whine about how they have to get the help they need. He should have thrown her out of his office for wasting his time.

Not only did he throw her out as a patient, he took her name off the waiting list for Gastric Bypass! (I'm assuming New Zealand has socialized medicine)

He reaaaally stepped things up a notch :cool:

hahaha! I wish I had compassion for situations like these and could honestly say I feel for the patient, but I do not... I suppose if I hadn't battled with being very overweight my whole life and making a huge turnaround it'd be different. Yeah, its hard as hell. Yeah, it takes discipline. Yeah, you can't do what you want to do 100% of the time. If people are cool w being fat it doesn't bother me at all, but I despise people who bitch about it while shoving food in their throats.

I assume that the majority of fat people are willing to trade their health, looks and acceptance in "normal" society for plenty of really tasty food. They, the doctors, should treat obese patients like common drug addicts because that's all they are. It's a lifestyle that is chosen and they love and hate it similar to how a heroin junkie feels about chasing the dragon.

If I was the doc I'd tell them if they don't stop eating so damn much, I'm chopping off their hands (it's an all new procedure popular in Cuba), forget about the stapled gut. That's not scary enough.

I assume that the majority of fat people are willing to trade their health, looks and acceptance in "normal" society for plenty of really tasty food. They, the doctors, should treat obese patients like common drug addicts because that's all they are. It's a lifestyle that is chosen and they love and hate it similar to how a heroin junkie feels about chasing the dragon.

If I was the doc I'd tell them if they don't stop eating so damn much, I'm chopping off their hands (it's an all new procedure popular in Cuba), forget about the stapled gut. That's not scary enough.

Tell them you'll cut their tongue out first and if that doesn't work, remove their teeth with pliers.

I work with a guy right now, who has type 2 diabetes, is at risk of going blind, and still has a coke and honeybun every morning and refuses to take insulin. I will never understand that.

I used to work with a guy who was the same way. In his mid 50's, severe diabetic and didn't give a rats ass about controlling it. He always ate the doughnuts and other sugar coated crap from the vending machine, loaded up his coffee with sugar, etc. He even joked about how high some of the sweets would get his blood sugar, often well into the 4-500's.

This is exactly it, people have food addictions that are just as compelling as drug addictions, even the most addictive ones. It takes an enormous amount of willpower for a fatty to diet properly long term, much much more so than someone who has never been fat. I've done a lot of work with these kind of people, and it takes years of dedication to fully reintegrate.

I have seen a friend/advisee in what I can only describe as "food withdrawal". This person was over 280lbs of fat, down from 350 or so, and they called and said they needed help. We were roommates at the time, and when I got home they were lying down on their bed in the fetal position, with a grimace on their face that make them look they they had just been shot. Over the next hour, I saw them go from tears to rage and back again, muscles clenching like they were in agony. All of this was from food cravings, but they had enough willpower to resist that time.

This was not a weak person in general, I had seem them quit smoking cold turkey from a pack a day like it was nothing. When the food cravings had subsided, I asked him what he had felt and he looked me in the eye and told me something I will keep with me for a while: "It was like the only thing in life I wanted was food, and the only way I could stop from doing something about it was to keep screaming in my head."

This is some seriously fucked up shit these people have to go through. Say what you will about initial causes, but a 400lber that gets below 200lbs through diet and exercise alone and stays there for 5 years has as much willpower and self-control as most bodybuilders ever will.

Good post.

I assume that the majority of muscular people are willing to trade their health, looks and acceptance in "normal" society for plenty of ...

How easily it changes. This board opposite end of spectrum. We care about our appearance but are we any healthier w/ our choices. Trenbolone or Twinkies, we arent made to ingest either. As for addiction, I dont see anybody throwing out there juice box in favor of a healthy lifestyle. If fat people dont piss in my cheerios over me being larger than the average bear, how can I piss in theirs. I like my abs, they can have their love handles. This goes for fat people that are happy with themselves. Not the whiny, woes me type.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear