over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adrenal Fatigue Testing

Chipper Jones78

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Gents,

I've decided to go to a naturopath to check for adrenal fatigue.

I searched the forum and the threads and I seem to have the symptoms, for quite some time now.

Apparently it's bit tricky to test for.

My question - for you guru's, should I go to my primary care giver to have this tested or should opt to go to a naturopath?

More importantly, what specific tests should one have and or should I ask for?

I want to ensure that the medical professional completes the right tests that you folks may recommended....I dont want to him/her to miss anything.

Looking for your guidance please.

Cheers
Alex

Gents,

I've decided to go to a naturopath to check for adrenal fatigue.

I searched the forum and the threads and I seem to have the symptoms, for quite some time now.

Apparently it's bit tricky to test for.

My question - for you guru's, should I go to my primary care giver to have this tested or should opt to go to a naturopath?

More importantly, what specific tests should one have and or should I ask for?

I want to ensure that the medical professional completes the right tests that you folks may recommended....I dont want to him/her to miss anything.

Looking for your guidance please.

Cheers
Alex

"Diurnal cortisol kit". It's a saliva test taken 4x through out the day. Insurance may reimburse you.

You can also get "Cortisol, AM" tested though blood but not as accurate as above test.

Thyroid Panel. Make sure FREE T3 and REVERSE T3 are included. Most docs wont test for RT3 but specifically request (read: demand)

Iron Panel. Iron deficiencies tend to run hand in hand with cortisol/thyroid issues.

I would usually recommend getting sex hormones tested but I'm assuming you're on or have been on gear for a while considering you're here lol

"Diurnal cortisol kit". It's a saliva test taken 4x through out the day. Insurance may reimburse you.

You can also get "Cortisol, AM" tested though blood but not as accurate as above test.

Thyroid Panel. Make sure FREE T3 and REVERSE T3 are included. Most docs wont test for RT3 but specifically request (read: demand)

Iron Panel. Iron deficiencies tend to run hand in hand with cortisol/thyroid issues.

I would usually recommend getting sex hormones tested but I'm assuming you're on or have been on gear for a while considering you're here lol

Thanks for the intel pal

I would go to an actual medical doctor for that.

You can do AM cortisol. Or the other option is 24hr urine cortisol. That's the most accurate but a pain. So the second option is Am cortisol, easy but not as accurate.

And sex hormones but if you on gear, no point.

Aldosterone:renin ratio.

ACTH level.

As mentioned earlier thyroid panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your post,buddy

Excellent advice!

And let me add that althought the next gentleman says to go to a doctor ,MOST DRS do NOT know how to treat AF at all, let alone diagnose it. In fact I did a thread on this very topic last week and people said there was no such thing. I have seen SO many cases of this that I personally can diagnose with a convo, labs (AM cort, DHEA to stage it) and don't even need the gold standard 4 corts. Whomever you go to, let me give you an article about exactly how to treat this so you will know when to "call BS." Sadly enough, most "regular doctors" who are not A4M trained will want to give you anti-depressants. Good luck.

Here is the article.

Feel better soon!
Dr.Kim

The article says everyone with adrenal fatigue is tired but i am rarely tired and haven't been tired since i started having symptoms of an adrenal problem. All the excess adrenaline in my system has given me lots of energy. Not a good energy usually.

The article says everyone with adrenal fatigue is tired but i am rarely tired and haven't been tired since i started having symptoms of an adrenal problem. All the excess adrenaline in my system has given me lots of energy. Not a good energy usually.

u got the point dude lol

I still like the 4 x cortisol readings the best. " The Gold standard",
because its nice to know when you are spiking or deficient. Then you can also try to control the environment at those times. Adaptogens are nice, but sometimes you need adrenal stimulators, and sometimes depressors.

Because of the similarity of thyroid actions, I agree with a full thyroid test to include Hashimoto's, AND chronic EBV.

NOT quite AF then

If you know you have adrenal problems and are NOT yet tired you are having "adrenal stress" per the article and are not yet in adrenal fatigue OR are in stage 1 adrenal fatigue where people do not yet have symptoms. If you KNOW you have for instance, high cortisol and high catecholamines I would strongly advise that you get yourself on adrenal support or you will progress to AF unless you totally stop training and rest.

Best,
Dr.Kim

If you know you have adrenal problems and are NOT yet tired you are having "adrenal stress" per the article and are not yet in adrenal fatigue OR are in stage 1 adrenal fatigue where people do not yet have symptoms. If you KNOW you have for instance, high cortisol and high catecholamines I would strongly advise that you get yourself on adrenal support or you will progress to AF unless you totally stop training and rest.

Best,
Dr.Kim

What if you are extremely tired and feel like you have AF but your cortisol, dhea,metabolic panel and test levels are all normal.

Need a lot more data

What if you are extremely tired and feel like you have AF but your cortisol, dhea,metabolic panel and test levels are all normal.

There are a billion things that can cause fatigue so this would take a consultation for me to figure this out T Big One. This isn't something I can do on a thread, I'd need medical history, meds,ALL labs,perhaps salivary corts, perhaps not and so on.

Best,
Dr.Kim

The test for Adrenal Fatigue have Cortisol Tests, Thyroid Tests, The Iris Contraction Test and Postural Low Blood Pressure
Hope can help you

Best,
Dr.Kim

Ive had many symptoms for the past year and a half. Lacking energy is not one of them. Trouble sleeping, getting stressed very easily, depression, too much energy especially in the morning, nervousness, i get startled very easily, the back of my neck gets a tight constricted feeling, lack of patience, carb sensitivity (i had to stay on a strict keto diet until recently). Its been pure hell. Thank god I'm getting better but its been a long slow road.

Last edited:

thank you for information,dude

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

this is a good post. I think I am going to have some testing done

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner