over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Advice needed for blood testing -liver values

SIR-LOIN

Registered
I'm scheduled to get bloodwork in a week or so. The last several times I've had it done my ALT and AST were on the borderline high, but each time I had trained pretty hard the few hours leading up to it (trying to help drive down my Test levels). My doc wasn't really alarmed, saying the elevated liver numbers were likely related to the exercise, and left it at that.
The last several months however, I've had a helluva time with colds, allergy and flu, and took a lot of antihistamines that have Tylenol, as well as hydrocodone and codeine. I'm concerned they'll be higher due to that, so I'd like to do what I can to minimize the liver values.
I've heard not to exercise for awhile prior to the testing, but I can't find anything solid that says how many days I should not train. I hate sitting in my ass, so I don't want to for any longer than necessary.
Anybody with experience know what a good safe time period would be?

I've seen it recommended that you should refrain from training for 3-4 days to have liver enzymes settle. I suggest you dont do anything crazy or supplement anything...just drink 1-1.5 gallons of water a day. The reason I say this is because if there is something wrong, you dont want to mask it with some quick supplementation...you want to know what is going on. I'm sure you'll be relatively fine unless you've been abusing pain meds.

Thanks for the advice. I'd read 3-4 days a couple places, but also read a couple weeks. I'll shoot for 4 days. When I'm at work I can't take opiate pain meds, but when the seasonal allergies hit me hard, I have to load up on Tylenol allergy or DayQuil to make it through the day, Claritin D and singularity every morning the last several months. But, I also take NAC 1200 mg 2x a day, Himalayan livercare 2x a day, and alpha lipoic acid 500 mg. I do need to up the water intake.
When you say no training, would you say NO training, as in not even light cardio for 30 minutes (recumbent bike heart rate < 130).

Your supplementation protocol looks pretty stout.

To be honest, I don't know if cardio does or doesn't contribute to the elevation of liver enzymes. I don't think it does because I have never heard of that and have never heard anyone get told to shy away from it-so I would think it is ok.

NAC is good for liver support, but I would keep it at 600mg/day. Too much can actually do more harm to your liver than good.

Also, I swear by TUDCA. Hard to come by these days for some reason, but Mr.Supps sells it. 500mg-1g/day will do wonders for your liver.

NAC is good for liver support, but I would keep it at 600mg/day. Too much can actually do more harm to your liver than good.

Also, I swear by TUDCA. Hard to come by these days for some reason, but Mr.Supps sells it. 500mg-1g/day will do wonders for your liver.

I agree completely with your 2nd paragraph...Tudca is king.

However, I do not agree with your first paragraph at all. Dosed around 2g a day should be just fine assuming it's not taken in doses higher than 1200 daily(600x2).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sir Loin....maybe grab a gallon of water and 1-2 fresh lemons to squeeze into it. I think I recall the water being at room temp is best for this as opposed to being cold.

However, I do not agree with your first paragraph at all. Dosed around 2g a day should be just fine assuming it's not taken in doses higher than 1200 daily(600x2).

Sorry, you are correct. Not liver problems... Kidney problems. Specifically kidney stones. I know I read this in the past because I used to take higher doses and cut back after reading it. Won't tax your liver but the excess NAC (if you take more than needed) can form kidney stones.

Apologies for my mistake.

I'm confused 1200 split in two daily is less than 2 grams a day? Am I misreading something or is this a typo.

I'm confused 1200 split in two daily is less than 2 grams a day? Am I misreading something or is this a typo.

1200 at a time. 1200 x2 is 2400 which is 2.4g.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My liver enzymes were 347 12 wks ago... I continued to use 200mg script wk and took milk thistle, liver care and bunch other multi vitamins like NAC, cranberry extract, and few other things. My liver enzymes are now normal, cholesterol normal which was 200+, triglycerides normal which were 300+, and blood pressure back to normal. Just takes to OTC supps and clean diet.

Does synthergine have to be taken just days before the test or like a month before? My question is should it be taken on a regular basis because my liver enzymes are lower, yet still elevated and I have been taken livercure for the last month. smh, that's why my TRT was cut cause of the liver enzymes being so high, but I think it is the other meds the VA has me on. smh, that's their excuse to strip my TRT cause they don't wanna harm my liver, so they say. Ever think it is the meds your giving me and not 200 mgs of test every 14 days people? I get frustrated as well dealing with dumb ass unqualified Doctors.

I am getting so over gov't facilities and need a good private Dr....

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner