advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

After fasted morning cardio, best post workout meal??

I've enjoyed reading this thread. A lot of info to consider. I stay out of disagreements between guys that know a ton of stuff and instead take away main parts of the debate which I think those not involved might consider doing. It seems most of the time a person should take all info given in the debate and try it out themselves for awhile. Then make a decision. Thanks guys.

How did you feel on those fasted days?

I have to answer a lot of questions and deal with customers on my job, if I was fasted I dont know how well my grey matter would work.
Do you find it effects your mental performance being fasted for that long?

I feel really good. Hungry sure here and there but not too bad and goes away. I am a med student so I kinda hinge on being able to funciton and absorb dumb amounts of information. It never effected me. But again just me. That's all I can comment on

I drink 40g protein with about 15g of a fast carbohydrate supplement. I let it sit for about 15-20 minutes then I eat 1/2-1 1/2 cups of brown rice depending on how much I feel I can eat without overdoing it.

I feel really good. Hungry sure here and there but not too bad and goes away. I am a med student so I kinda hinge on being able to funciton and absorb dumb amounts of information. It never effected me. But again just me. That's all I can comment on

I think at this point of my life that I have pretty well conditioned myself physically and mentally to need food on the clock, fasting that length of time would be difficult for me no doubt.
The fact your a med student and you can do that is pretty incredible, you will probably have no problem working in an ER.

Do you have anything better to do? Or perhaps a life of some sort? No one really asked you and the fact that there are debates on here is nothing I am going to apologize for...especially when you look back through the tones and shots in this post. Thanks for your very useful post.
Lol....let's PM resumes kid, judging by your post count, I'd assume you were the one lacking a life. I just made an observation, douche.

Lol....let's PM resumes kid, judging by your post count, I'd assume you were the one lacking a life. I just made an observation, douche.
I guess 6k posts in 8 yrs is despicable. Can you have a conversation void of personal attacks? Read the rules.

I post a lot... And I work 60-65 hours a week and am out most weekends, not really an indicator of anything.

I think at this point of my life that I have pretty well conditioned myself physically and mentally to need food on the clock, fasting that length of time would be difficult for me no doubt.
The fact your a med student and you can do that is pretty incredible, you will probably have no problem working in an ER.

If the burn out rate wasn't so high and shift work I'd be all for it. Very interesting and very fun. I do plan on taking as little lunch breaks and what not as possible and leaving earlier. We will see always ready to adapt when needed. There is so much info out there that can be used in all situations. And experimented with. Anyways good thread loving the non drug talk

If I do cardio I better have Carbs or I won't function, fat does nothing for me but I do need it there but that's what cookies are for right?

If I'm trying to lean and missed cardio then a no carb breakfast burns fat for me just fine . Personally most of the guys who can manage cardio and not need carbs are endo morphs have much too fat to loose or do not have enough muscle mass on there frame yet. Fasting lol then your in the wrong sport this is a eating sport if you can fast you have no muscle by bodybuilding standards once you have a good chunk of muscle you ll see how fasting is crazy. Muscle is a hard thing to come by for 99% of the people . Ask any seriously bodybuilder who just put on 15lbs over 12 weeks if they are going to start fasting because it's more optimal for fat loss . They give you a look like you don't speak English. Muscle is precious "my precious" that's the way I look at it.

I agree this fasting thing is insane for me at least. I don't mind fasted cardio but a day or 2 of fasting yeah fuck that. I do great on keto diets and no carbs but fasting I'd pass out. The guys I know who fast aren't really bodybuilders so to say so any weight loss to them is good (rolls eyes).

As it is my last shake is 8pm and first meal 7am that's 11 hours. I can't imagine fasting longer than that. The times when I had to do fasted blood work was a nightmare because my first meal would be like 10am and I'd feel like a depleted skeleton.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

If I do cardio I better have Carbs or I won't function, fat does nothing for me but I do need it there but that's what cookies are for right?

If I'm trying to lean and missed cardio then a no carb breakfast burns fat for me just fine . Personally most of the guys who can manage cardio and not need carbs are endo morphs have much too fat to loose or do not have enough muscle mass on there frame yet. Fasting lol then your in the wrong sport this is a eating sport if you can fast you have no muscle by bodybuilding standards once you have a good chunk of muscle you ll see how fasting is crazy. Muscle is a hard thing to come by for 99% of the people . Ask any seriously bodybuilder who just put on 15lbs over 12 weeks if they are going to start fasting because it's more optimal for fat loss . They give you a look like you don't speak English. Muscle is precious "my precious" that's the way I look at it.

LOL! Nice Lord Of the Rings analogy- like that.

Nobody is promoting fasting per se, like full blown IF. Just pointing out that if you're trying to optimize the fat burning/lipolysis of AM cardio upon rising, don't spike your insulin before doing it. Most people have no idea high dose leucine is like drinking pure glucose in terms of insulin response and that is clear from what people post. You're not doing "fasted cardio" if you do this. That was my only point.

Am I saying it's bad to drink BCAA before or after cardio? No. But you won't go catabolic by not having BCAA and you WILL burn more fat without it. Personally if I get up at 4:30am to do a separate session of cardio for strictly fat loss, I'm keeping insulin quiet before it and a bit after it. Nobody is talking about drastically cutting your daily cals/macros/protein.

Last edited:
Nobody is promoting fasting per se, like full blown IF. Just pointing out that if you're trying to optimize the fat burning/lipolysis of AM cardio upon rising, don't spike your insulin before doing it. Most people have no idea high dose leucine is like drinking pure glucose in terms of insulin response and that is clear from what people post. You're not doing "fasted cardio" if you do this. That was my only point.

Am I saying it's bad to drink BCAA before or after cardio? No. But you won't go catabolic by not having BCAA and you WILL burn more fat without it. Personally if I get up at 4:30am to do a separate session of cardio for strictly fat loss, I'm keeping insulin quiet before it and a bit after it. Nobody is talking about drastically cutting your daily cals/macros/protein.

I understand that but your body's preferred source of energy is glucose once you get to a certain degree of lean and you do you cardio w/ already restricted calories (I'm talking 4-6 weeks in a diet) . If you eat just protein or protein and fats do you think your body is using that as energy ? Sure in about 4 hours your second meal with carbs w/ be your energy source before your protein and fat will. So in that time You think your body is going to use fat for energy? I don't take that chance , time on treadmill is enough for me, patience is key. Not to mention importance of hb during cardio because that can change the whe game I'm assuming we're talking Stricky fat loss 130bpm, but that's another topic. What I'm saying is muscle is expensive why take the chance. I can bet the guys craving more protein in a diet are having glucogenesis. The way I see dieting is preserving muscle mass #1

Your right about leucine it definitely induces an insulin response.

McDonald's Shamrock shake , double whopper supersize fries lol

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet
Damn...gotta go to McDonald's and Burger King?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131