over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

After Glow?

swolls

Registered
Any of you guys use After Glow post work out? A few dudes at the gym were swearing up and down its the greatest thing. Any thoughts?

Any of you guys use After Glow post work out? A few dudes at the gym were swearing up and down its the greatest thing. Any thoughts?

Any of those products should be good. Just looked it up and it sounds decent. My personal fav is Mutant Rehab ;) Again though there are tonnes of products out there. Or you could simply make your own with supplements and/or food. Any decent eaa/bcaa powder or whey isolate/hydrolysate with fast acting carbs (powder) will do the trick.

I loooooove this stuff. taste so good. I work at gnc and we sell it. pricey as hell.

Jeez I can't believe someone on this board would actually consider wasting their hard earned money on this crap. Did you happen to miss all the peri workout nutrition threads on this board? So then you thought hey its a great idea to spend $5 on 20 gm whey iso, 30 gms of cane juice/dextrose and 10 gms of aminos that I can put together myself for a fraction of the cost? Or of course you could use much better ingredients like HBCD, hydro protein, etc and still come out cheaper. Where do you train that people actually think this is a good idea? A high school workout room perhaps.

Rex.

Jeez I can't believe someone on this board would actually consider wasting their hard earned money on this crap. Did you happen to miss all the peri workout nutrition threads on this board? So then you thought hey its a great idea to spend $5 on 20 gm whey iso, 30 gms of cane juice/dextrose and 10 gms of aminos that I can put together myself for a fraction of the cost? Or of course you could use much better ingredients like HBCD, hydro protein, etc and still come out cheaper. Where do you train that people actually think this is a good idea? A high school workout room perhaps.

Rex.

we seem a wee bit defensive over a product. I get it free, so nope, don't pay for it at all. it also has bcaas, glutamine, and phosphatdyl serine which is why its so expensive.

we seem a wee bit defensive over a product. I get it free, so nope, don't pay for it at all. it also has bcaas, glutamine, and phosphatdyl serine which is why its so expensive.

I wasn't speaking to you. But while we are at it, I can't believe we have people on this board who work @ GNC either. Regardless, I can't have serious discussions about supplements/nutrition with people who work @ GNC. I don't expect you to understand. If you did, then you wouldn't be working @ GNC.

Rex.

I wasn't speaking to you. But while we are at it, I can't believe we have people on this board who work @ GNC either. Regardless, I can't have serious discussions about supplements/nutrition with people who work @ GNC. I don't expect you to understand. If you did, then you wouldn't be working @ GNC.

Rex.

ok. then perhaps you would like me to work fast food? bc being 19 doesn't allow me to have many options. Not as if I should have to justify my occupation anyhow.

Rex.

Easy killer. I know GNC is the ridiculous and expensive nutrition store, but it doesn't mean that people that take lifting serious cant work there. Don't get me wrong I would never go there after wasting my money as a teenager and realizing how over priced the stuff was, but we all start somewhere.

Learn to relax a little.

Online stores (any and all) are waaaaayyyyy cheaper than GNC.....and the horrid advice from the employees is the same rhetoric BS in all the magazines.

Anyway, plain bulk creatine mono mixed into my protein is my post w/o....no fancy labels or scrawny faggot giving directiobs needed.

Wow, I fucking hate GNC.

Rex.

Wow! What a asshole thing to say.

pretty sure he is here on the same board as you and is probably as passionate and knowledgeable about working out as anyone else. your comments are ignorant and rude. especially attacking someone because they work at GNC , who fucking cares! if you dont want to shop there then dont. you have options just like the rest of the people. attacking a board member bc he works in a field that he loves is just plain stupid

Rex.

Its a great product just not worth the price they want for it! Even on a employee discount at GNC its not worth it.. Far better options out there

Thanks for the replies guys. It is pricey as hell. Really your paying for the convenience of not buying 5 different products and making your own mix. I'm in need of something along these lines right now but forking up $50 for a 14 day supply is a little tough to justify.

I have lots of whey isolate/ bcaa's / Glutamine right now anyways. Maybe I'll toss in a tablespoon of peanut butter and a banana.

ok. then perhaps you would like me to work fast food? bc being 19 doesn't allow me to have many options. Not as if I should have to justify my occupation anyhow.

Working at GNC is fine. Most 19 year olds do not have jobs. Keep up the good work.

However, I hope you have not started any steroid cycles.

Working at a GNC is a perfect job for you so well done with that. At 19 I would have loved that job. Rex is just being tit plain and simple. Disrespecting someone's job is a complete dick move. Atleast you are out and making a living etc. I used to manage Holland and Barrett (similar to GNC but in the UK). I just commented on the product but yeah that brand is very expensive. I used to love all the cheap supps and even better the out of date stock :D

I used to work for a supplement store in RI, and I know for a fact the owner was paying less than $10 for a jug of afterglow. I tried it only because I got a free sample and its decent stuff, but for $50 plus dollars its not worth it. You wouldn't believe the guys that would shell out money for this crap, I actually got fired because I couldn't help but tell guys they were crazy and that there were so many cheaper and better options. Oh well, I never could push sups on people just to make some ridiculous quota.

After looking it up, yes it has SOME good ingredients and I like the fact it has stuff like PS and R-ALA, but there are other options that are big improvements on what this product has to offer.

The carb source could be a hell of a lot better. A high molecular weight carb would be a better option in there (HBCDs, a generic karbolyn blend, even waxy maize...).

Also, the protein source. I would prefer a hydrolyzed protein or include peptide bound amino acids, which would get into the muscle faster.

I'm not called it bad, just saying there are better options...

AND EDIT: Let's not make this personal guys, we are looking at a product here, not where people work...

Last edited:
Any of those products should be good. Just looked it up and it sounds decent. My personal fav is Mutant Rehab ;) Again though there are tonnes of products out there. Or you could simply make your own with supplements and/or food. Any decent eaa/bcaa powder or whey isolate/hydrolysate with fast acting carbs (powder) will do the trick.

Or eat a bag haribo gummy bears and wash it down with bcaa's. ;)

Or eat a bag haribo gummy bears and wash it down with bcaa's. ;)

I prefer...

1624jmx.jpg

:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws