over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Almond and Coconut Milk good?

fatguy

Registered
My local supermarket just began to carry Coconut and Almond Milk (unsweetened). I decided to buy 1 of each and use them with my protein/LBA shakes.

They each contain like 1g carbs, 1-2g protein and 3g fat for the almond, and 5g Fat (all saturated) for the Coconut.

They also have flavored Almond Milk (sweetened or unsweetened).

I was just using these as sources of good fats, and to add some flavor to my shakes. Plus every now and then I like a glass of milk, and the almond milk has an interesting flavor, but I like it.

Are these good sources of fats (omegas from the almonds and the MCT's from the Coconut)? Or should I just stick to eating almonds and using Coconut oil?

Thanks...

No major benefit using one over the other. Use what you like. Just becareful using the sweetened ones, my by full of sugar. I just like eating the almonds.

My local supermarket just began to carry Coconut and Almond Milk (unsweetened). I decided to buy 1 of each and use them with my protein/LBA shakes.

They each contain like 1g carbs, 1-2g protein and 3g fat for the almond, and 5g Fat (all saturated) for the Coconut.

They also have flavored Almond Milk (sweetened or unsweetened).

I was just using these as sources of good fats, and to add some flavor to my shakes. Plus every now and then I like a glass of milk, and the almond milk has an interesting flavor, but I like it.

Are these good sources of fats (omegas from the almonds and the MCT's from the Coconut)? Or should I just stick to eating almonds and using Coconut oil?

Thanks...

Coconut oil is primarily composed of medium chained triglycerides which are not burned like fats. They actually fell like carbs when dieting. do a search on pubmed for MCTs. The are investigating MCTs for obesity, diabetes, etc.

A ton of evidence there to support that it is really a fat burning fat. Dont worry about the saturated fat content. saturated only means the carbon atoms of the fat chain are single bonded with hydrogen atoms attached. It is a carbon short of a typical animal saturated fat. This makes the fat function completely different.

The downside is it is not a EFA like omega-3s.

COCONUT WATER is great for rehidration. more so in the summer if you work in the heat.

Everything in the thread mentioned on coconut and MCT's is spot-on. Only one important factor has been left out:

coconut is fucking awesome.

Win-win either way. Coconut milk, coconut juice, etc. all taste fantastic.

I'm looking for 3d animation software programs without breaking the bank

I've come across

Since this thread is about coconut/almonds I have this 3d image for u....

Attachments

• 3dcoconut.jpg
    3dcoconut.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 927
Last edited:
Hey bro, I happen to work construction. ANd in the Summer with the Hard Hat and Jeans in 90 pluss weather its a blast..lol.

What do you mean by Coconut Water? Thanks

Peace
exactly that. coconut water not milk for rehidration the water has electro's, in it no sugar great stuff. i actually feel much better after a couple cartons in the heat. walmart used to sell something that was called replenish that was good but they dont have anymore. so coconut water is a good replacement. i suppose you good also drink flavored pedialyte.

I used to get coconuts from whole foods that had the tops shaved off where you could just stick a straw in and drink up. Very refreshing after some hard cardio. We'd then eat the meat out of it.

28khb4g.jpg

I too love this stuff. Makes shakes have a great texture.

Download Mp3

Our website **broken link removed** lets you search for shared files from various
file hosting sites like Rapidshare and 4shared. You can Download Ebooks,
Music and Video for free.

Cocnut water is a good rehydrator , but use it in moderation , to much will give your the shits and leads to dehydration.

This has happend several time to people try to do survival test in the tropics.

the vest way to beat dehydration if working in the heat is to be hell hydrated before hand , drink your gatorade and coconut milk in the evenings when you get off work to replentish and refuel your body for the next day.

remember that their has to be a balance of sodium and potasium in the body or you can get severe cramping and other dehydration problems.

1 Mega Money player wins $500,000 top prize

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- One ticket matched the four winning numbers plus the Mega Ball number to collect $500,000 in the Mega Money game, the Florida Lottery said Wednesday.

The winning ticket was bought in St. Cloud, lottery officials said.

Four tickets won $$1,813.50 each for picking 4-of-4; 46 tickets won $345.50 each for picking 3-of-4 plus the Mega Ball number; 859 tickets won $55 each for picking 3-of-4; 1,305 tickets won $25 each for picking 2-of-4 plus the Mega Ball; 11,174 won $2.50 each for matching one number plus the Mega Ball; 25,897 tickets won $2 each for picking 2-of-4; and 27,498 won a free Quick Pick ticket for matching the Mega Ball.

The numbers drawn Tuesday night were 15-21-35-42 and the Mega Ball was 5.

Join The Discussion and Read more: **broken link removed** News.

i use coconut oil along with olive oil to get my fats in

Almond and Coconut milk are godsends for those pussies out there like myself that can't handle water with their protein supplements.

They're both very nutritious, but I don't use coconut milk anymore because I find when using more than one scoop of protein with it, the shake becomes entirely too thick. To the point where it's like protein slop. Not even drinkable. The almond milk is MUCH thinner/more watery, so the shakes come out perfect. So I go with almond milk all the way for my shakes. Blue Diamond brand, unsweetened. 40 cals, 3.5g fat, 2g carb, 1g pro.

Last edited:
No major benefit using one over the other. Use what you like. Just becareful using the sweetened ones, my by full of sugar. I just like eating the almonds.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Unfortunately, this is very far from the truth.

I had to go back and erase my total rippage of your post and opted for a civil one instead.

Coc. milk has an absurd amount of benefits over almond, not that almond is bad, but almond milk tastes like sand sometimes.

I recently asked a similar question in regards to the coconut milk you are prob. referring to as far as the taste, if it was palatable.
I have since gone back to my old ways of buying a can of coconut milk, watering it down in a half gallon container, and giving it a shake b4 pour.
Costs @ 1.00 for the can @4-5.00 per half gallon when you consider the servings ( 5 grams fat carton/ 9 grams fat can)

MAJOR benefits of using coconut

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner