over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anavar & Liver toxicity

MightyJohn

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey Bros...here is a debate that Me & My friend have... just how liver toxic is anavar...I've heard mg for mg the same as a Dbol & I've also heard the complete opposite that it is presrcibed to people to aide in rebuilding their livers...?

Which is it....?

Alin said:
As far as oral AAS goes I would say anavar would be most liver friendly.

I would agree, other than proviron and oral masterone(MDHT) Var is very friendly.

It probably has lower toxicity than most other orals due to the fact that it's metabolized by the kidney to a higher degree (and 30% you just piss out unmetabolized, you could drink your piss to recycle LMAO).

OTOH HIV+ research showed 40 and 80mg doses elevated liver enzymes and the researchers were concerned over toxicity. Anadrol at 150mg for six months didn't show any liver side effects in HIV+ patients so sometimes the studies are conflicting.

I dont care what any one says, its not the same MG:MG as other orals on your liver. I have found studies to prove this point in the past, just google it for more info. I even have some old post that reference this fact if you want to search for them. BTW var is the only oral i can tolerate.

One of the easiest going orals out there, very liver friendly...........

Dave_19 said:
I dont care what any one says, its not the same MG:MG as other orals on your liver. I have found studies to prove this point in the past, just google it for more info. I even have some old post that reference this fact if you want to search for them. BTW var is the only oral i can tolerate.

I agree

var

it depends on the mg's you take.var is considered liver friendly because it's perscribed in low doses(2.5 & 10mg in the usa).mg for mg var is more liver toxic than ANADROL.the problem is some people take 40 to 80 mg's a day, at this dose var is very liver toxic.a guy i knew got jaundice taking 45mg's a day for a month.

here is a study done by univ. of california:

The randomized, double-blind trial among 262 HIV-positive men was the largest study of its type on men with HIV-associated weight loss, according to the study authors.

For the first 12 weeks of the trial, the men were randomly assigned to receive daily doses of either 20, 40, or 80 milligrams of the anabolic steroid oxandrolone or a placebo. They were allowed to receive open-label oxandrolone for the second 12-week period.

Grunfeld says the adverse effects of the steroids were clear-cut within the first 12 weeks. "HDL plummets. LDL goes up. This predisposes people to an increased risk of heart attack. Furthermore, we found grade III and grade IV liver toxicity in some men, which means a very significant risk of serious liver damage." The men's testosterone levels were also depressed. These effects were not seen in men taking placebo, according to Grunfeld.

The researchers observed that in men with the most wasting, the 20 milligram dose was more effective than higher doses in promoting weight gain. Subjects who weighed more and were healthier – and were therefore more like athletes who use the drugs, observes Grunfeld – required higher doses to gain weight. This is significant, he says, because it demonstrates in healthy people, "you need a higher dose to get a benefit – and the higher the dose, the more the toxicity."

there are other studies that show the same thing.i've never seen the need to take more than 20 mg's a day of anavar myself.100mg's of primo EOD works better than var for me anyway.

leap

i dont know about the studies but there is no way that anavar is more toxic than anadrol...keep in mind the studies were done on hiv positive men...maybe they were taking some other medication along with the anavar...anavar wont even change my liver values while im on at 30-50mg/day...ive read several reports where liver values actually improve but i dont remember where i read it any more...alex

it was late i'll find the other research for you.anadrol doesn't change my liver values.i said mg for mg it's more toxic.i used to get anadrol and anavar from the doctor and he told me that's why the dose is so low for anavar. i find the info for ya.

the study also daid better gain where made off of 20mg a day than higher doses.

leap

Malic777.com said:
i dont know about the studies but there is no way that anavar is more toxic than anadrol...keep in mind the studies were done on hiv positive men...maybe they were taking some other medication along with the anavar...anavar wont even change my liver values while im on at 30-50mg/day...ive read several reports where liver values actually improve but i dont remember where i read it any more...alex

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws