advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another Method to Help with High HGB/HCT...

myosin

Kilo Klub Member
In the thread about getting your HGB/HCT checked there was discussion about why it's important to check and also a few ways to lower them and how to help "thin the blood" (baby aspirin, etc.).

Here's the thing: say your HGB is 17, you donate 1-2 units and get your HGB to 15 or 16... this is still a bit high and can still offer some viscous blood (granted, a baby aspirin per day plus fish oil does do wonders for this).

However- if you still want to take extra precaution (and do a GREAT deed) you can ask for "plateletpheresis". It's about a 2-3 hour procedure where they ONLY take your platelets. You can do it any time between a blood draw. They draw your blood, filter it through a machine, and give your plasma and RBC's back to you. While this does not lower your HGB any, it does affect the viscosity of your blood. Remember, it's not the HGB itself that causes a blood clot per se, it's the viscosity and the platelet aggregation.

I was in keto diet, with 3 grs of arginine,3gr lisine,3gr ornitine, 10 grs of glutammine a day,6 gr hmb,200 mg Phosphatildiserine,200 mg Phoosphatidilcoline.

I have wanted to serve examination of the glucose in the blood as the finger.

The physician told me: how come are you the so fluid blood?
Do I think has been these substances Thing you think of it?

Confused?

I was in keto diet, with 3 grs of arginine,3gr lisine,3gr ornitine, 10 grs of glutammine a day,6 gr hmb,200 mg Phosphatildiserine,200 mg Phoosphatidilcoline.

I have wanted to serve examination of the glucose in the blood as the finger.

The physician told me: how come are you the so fluid blood?
Do I think has been these substances Thing you think of it?

I don't understand what you are saying.:confused:

I think I get it...

You are on these supplements, had a blood glucose checked via finger-stick, and the doctor noticed your blood to be very thin.

I can't see why those supplements would contribute to an increase in clotting time. I'm really stretching it here but the only thing could be the arginine acting as a plasma expander.

Some people do just normally have longer clotting times than others. Some also have a "factor deficiency" which, depending on which factor, can slightly to critically affect one's clotting time.

nice

sweet post myosin. that definitely deserves looking into, esp with maldorf's posting about phlebotomies raising your platelets. r u in the medical field btw? how much does it lower platelets?

sweet post myosin. that definitely deserves looking into, esp with maldorf's posting about phlebotomies raising your platelets. r u in the medical field btw? how much does it lower platelets?

The only thing is the platelets do proliferate again fairly fast, which is why you are able to donate them once a month if desired.

Yes, I am in the medical field, I work in an ICU.

How much? Off hand I don't honestly know, I believe a considerable amount b/c, again, due to how fast they come back. The actual volume though is usually a few hundred mL's.

From an altruistic view, donating platelets is especially valuable b/c the platelets "die off" fairly quick once donated vs. whole blood that can be stored for some time. So, they are in some ways in greater need. Besides that, many Physicians like to order/give platelets to immuno-compromised patients and pediatric patients that come from one donor (called a "single-donor" unit). This is b/c if they extract platelets from a unit of whole blood, you get maybe a tablespoon and so they have to then pull from many donor's, thus increasing possible issues with other proteins that are present, thus causing more chance for a "transfusion reaction."

Some people do just normally have longer clotting times than others. Some also have a "factor deficiency" which, depending on which factor, can slightly to critically affect one's clotting time.

You mean like Hemophilia? (sp?)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311