over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ANSWER HONESTLY

PHIL HERNON

Banned
WE ALL KNOW THAT NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRAIN THAT WE COULD NEVER LOOK LIKE WILT CHAMBERLAIN OR RUN AS FAST AS USAIN BOLT..........WHY ON EARTH DO THESE GUYS FEEL DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE JAY CUTLER OR RONNIE COLEMAN? THINK ABOUT IT................GENETICS..................COMMON SENSE.

Offcourse!!!-its just that its a hard concept for a lot of hard working people to realize,unfortunatly-you are born with what you have.(or fortunatly in some cases).

What gets me is when they have the potential and are to lazy to achieve it. My old training partner would put on muscle by looking at the weights but would always miss workouts and quit for months at a time. I would have killed to have his potential!Both my parents looked like they rode chickens.
GF

Maby its how they look at it. You know how a person might say to themselves "well I am not tall enough to play basketball like Wilt" or "I dont have the genetics of a fast runner from another continent, but those BBrs are just taking drugs, so by following their workout program in the magazines and taking the amount of drugs I have been told they take I should look like Jay....Right?"

yes

Maby its how they look at it. You know how a person might say to themselves "well I am not tall enough to play basketball like Wilt" or "I dont have the genetics of a fast runner from another continent, but those BBrs are just taking drugs, so by following their workout program in the magazines and taking the amount of drugs I have been told they take I should look like Jay....Right?"

Thats my point.......but they are mistaken because it is the same thing.

in a word .....

DENIAL

Anyone remembe Flex wheeler precontest diet in the 90s?? lol

guy was so fucking blessed you cant even begin to describe...........

he loved his cheeseburgers and ice cream

IMO its a reflection of how little is known about the sport by so many guys who want to be a part of it. They dont get it because they dont have any honest understanding of the sport unlike the basketball, baseball and other common sports they have grown up with. That information is common knowledge where as professional BB is still an enigma to so many who just dont get it.

I know my potential is not pro worthy. Im sort of okay with that. However, I carried around a M&F mag when I was 5 years old. Im in love with this sport and I work my ass off. Im frustrated with my limitations but I can stop going to the gym and trying to break past them. Sometimes I ask myself why. Am I insecure? Why do I risk my health using Test and lifting as heavy as I can? I guess if it was easy for me I wouldnt give a shit. What do you think, Phil?

Yeah.. But then you read things about Dorian and how he didn't have the best genetics.. But a great work ethic and desire to be the best..

well, the difference is there are not supplement companies telling people if they take them they will grow six inches in height, or drop 3 seconds off their 100 meter dash. pick up a copy of flex and you will read things like, gain 1 inch on your arms in 2 weeks, or, put on 30lbs of muscle in 30 days!
personal trainers make impossible to keep promises, supplements in fancy packages promise incredible gains in no time, etc. people want to believe they can achieve these things, so when someone says, sure you can, it is easy to believe.

Phil..........

You bring up a great point and one that helped me make a wise decision a while back this year. I would never compare myself to one of those top pros because I don't have the genetics and because of that what they do does not apply to me. I enjoy the sport, like the lifestyle to a certain degree, and I like being in the gym. What I did realize was that putting my health in jepordy even by taking small doses of AAS in order to compete and get 3rd-5th in a state show is not worth it for me. I will always train and be active in the gym. It's hard to admit you don't have what it takes, but then again it was the best decision I could have made.

True

A greyhound will never be a bulldog no matter how much test and deca you pump it full of. We should all be the best we can be as individuals.

A greyhound will never be a bulldog no matter how much test and deca you pump it full of. We should all be the best we can be as individuals.

Thread over!

I preach this all the time, nice to know i'm not alone. I have a good friend who competes in powerlifting...hes very strong...but hes not ever gonna be mendelson or frankl or anywhere near these guys. Yet he pours tons of money into gear (as in bench shirts, suits etc) and gear (as in u know what) and to this day still can not figure out why these guys are still stronger than him. I tell him "damn man they were BORN to be stronger than you", they could probably not train at all and be stronger than us. But he continues to believe he just hasn't found the right drug or the right diet or the right bench shirt or what the f*** ever....its ridiculous to the point that i had to stop training with him.

Dorian had great genetics..........awesome

I agree, Dorian may have not had the genetics of flex or ronnie, but his genetics were still insane. 1millionx better than the average joe. When I first started bodybuilding 6years ago I didnt think of genetics. I thought, train hard, eat well, juice well and you can look like the guys in magazines with hard work. What i've found is you can achieve a great build, even become freaky big, but to look like the best of the best you have to have those rare freaky genetics that i'd guess about 1 outta every 500,000men if that have. I got friends who train just like pro's and use more gear than you could imagine and they look like your natural guy who hits the gym 3x per week and then I have friends who looked juiced and amazing who eat 2x per day and lift about 2x per week. Its all about genetics.

Me, personally, I have never wanted to look like Jay or Ronnie. I have been happy to look like me and just be the best I can be. Genetics or not, I do not live in fantasy land and am not dilusional about what could be. Some people will never be happy with a great physique! They will always want to be like someone else. Never satisfied! I knew many years ago that I was not bound to be a Pro BBer. Not really sure if ever wanted to be because I got started late in BBing itself. But from a young age I always wanted to be big and strong. So I am happy I have achieved what I have and content in knowing that few will go where I have gone with this!! ;)

WE ALL KNOW THAT NO MATTER HOW HARD WE TRAIN THAT WE COULD NEVER LOOK LIKE WILT CHAMBERLAIN OR RUN AS FAST AS USAIN BOLT..........WHY ON EARTH DO THESE GUYS FEEL DISAPPOINTED IF THEY DON'T LOOK LIKE JAY CUTLER OR RONNIE COLEMAN? THINK ABOUT IT................GENETICS..................COMMON SENSE.
Hey old buddy I have one for you..Ever notice how the pro basketball players all look like the have huge side delts..They don't workout and I do and mine suck..Think about it should I start shooting hoops or continue training the side delts with weights.

we as people have been imbued with the idea that anything we want is possible if we are willing to work and sacrifice for it. therefore, the disappointment comes from the creation of an actual limitation in my opinion. People don't take limitations well, especially the type of people that are attracted to this sport in the first place.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131