over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any runners here? Best mile time?

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I've never in my life seriously ran a mile on purpose. My buddy just started doing 3 miles a day in May with the goal of getting his pace below 8 minutes/mile. He hit that today. Now I'm motivated. I don't want to run three miles. One is fine. Lol. But I want to beat 8 minutes in the next few days or weeks.

Any of you guys run? What your best times?

I ran sub six for my first run in like five years during covid lockdown. As my real strength increases, my gait becomes stronger equating to better running mechanics. Like anything improved mechanics yield more results than increased frequency or volume. Next summer for my conditioning/GPP work I'm going to work at a sub 10 second 100m.

6 to 7 was not uncommon for 6 or 7 miles. Beyond that I crashed and burned.

Don't run any more (20 years ago would put me at 45) but thinking about starting
up again, I honestly don't know why. Perhaps it's that fantasy of endurance that
appeals to me now more than strength although I love moving weight and the
incremental improvements or just plain being happy trying to achieve stasis.

Age has a way of erasing the duality . . . strength and endurance of youth. Now it
seems to be one of the other . . . one suffers while the other gains.

Both endurance (say running) and strength (say weight training) have the ability of
getting me out of my mind and into my body. Swimming does too with a lot less stress
on the body but I don't like swimming in small pools, too 'many turnarounds' with
open water swimming not being convent; the dam is down but when up in the summer,
swimming a mile a few times a week was not uncommon and relatively easy. (Maybe
I missed my calling.)

But I digress. Running is a great, natural feeling. I ran and weigh trained every other
day and it did not seem to effect one or the other. But got lean real quick. I was
never a big guy like you but I think your goal is very doable as is beyond, i.e., more
distance than a mile. Who knows you might like it.

Frank Zane used to run as part of his Olympia prep when he moved to Palm Springs
prior to the show. Ran for an hour or so every day if memory serves, heard him
interviewed in a podcast. Very good interview BTW.

I ran sub six for my first run in like five years during covid lockdown. As my real strength increases, my gait becomes stronger equating to better running mechanics. Like anything improved mechanics yield more results than increased frequency or volume. Next summer for my conditioning/GPP work I'm going to work at a sub 10 second 100m.

Well if you’re not being sarcastic or joking around.... Good luck with that.... Maybe wishing upon a star and being positive the law of attraction will work....

Usain Bolt runs a 9.58 100m... The guys competing against him and the best sprinters in the world in the last 20 or so years are running between 9.65-9.95 100m...

Well if you’re not being sarcastic or joking around.... Good luck with that.... Maybe wishing upon a star and being positive the law of attraction will work....

Usain Bolt runs a 9.58 100m... The guys competing against him and the best sprinters in the world in the last 20 or so years are running between 9.65-9.95 100m...

.... buddy we got 17 year olds that run 10.2. Sub 10 is 10+..... I know fat guys that run 10.8 easy. You can hold my jock strap if you want to watch.

.... buddy we got 17 year olds that run 10.2. Sub 10 is 10+..... I know fat guys that run 10.8 easy. You can hold my jock strap if you want to watch.

Clearly you’ve got some major psychological issues the way you talk to absolutely every single person that says anything different to your opinion...

And yes, I’d love to see it... Show me a video of a 17 year old running 10.2 100m... Please.... Oh and not with your buddy holding a stop watch screaming “ready, set, go!” I mean at an actual Olympic facility timed by coaches. Or at a combine facility...

Yea I knew people in high school who claimed to run 4.5 40 yard dashes, until they got to college try outs and that was clearly a 5.5 and they got schooled and smoked...

The gold medalist at the 2016 Olympics ran a 9.81.. That’s the fastest guy on the planet... And your casual ass is going to run a 10 flat? And 17 year olds running 10.2?? Lmao

You don’t know what the fuck you’re even talking about. As usual...

Just another angry internet kid who lashes out like a pubescent girl on period...

running is the greatest... i've discovered this love during the lockdowns.. now i run nearly every day.. 4-8 miles a day.
2 miles in the morning.. then 4-6 at night.
i kill the pain with a pre-run thc/cbd sativa spliff.

i also perform some type of resistance training between these runs as well.
all my lifts, excluding squats, have gone up. i have increased my rep count for squats though.
the game changer, i've found, isnt any aas of any kind(although cardarine certainly helps)..
the game changer, that allows for all this volume is sativa cannabis. it kills or dulls the pain,
and allows me to get into a zone.
with the cannabis, my knees and body would scream as i run on the road or dirt track around the local lake.

6 to 7 was not uncommon for 6 or 7 miles. Beyond that I crashed and burned.

Don't run any more (20 years ago would put me at 45) but thinking about starting
up again, I honestly don't know why. Perhaps it's that fantasy of endurance that
appeals to me now more than strength although I love moving weight and the
incremental improvements or just plain being happy trying to achieve stasis.

Age has a way of erasing the duality . . . strength and endurance of youth. Now it
seems to be one of the other . . . one suffers while the other gains.

Both endurance (say running) and strength (say weight training) have the ability of
getting me out of my mind and into my body. Swimming does too with a lot less stress
on the body but I don't like swimming in small pools, too 'many turnarounds' with
open water swimming not being convent; the dam is down but when up in the summer,
swimming a mile a few times a week was not uncommon and relatively easy. (Maybe
I missed my calling.)

But I digress. Running is a great, natural feeling. I ran and weigh trained every other
day and it did not seem to effect one or the other. But got lean real quick. I was
never a big guy like you but I think your goal is very doable as is beyond, i.e., more
distance than a mile. Who knows you might like it.

Frank Zane used to run as part of his Olympia prep when he moved to Palm Springs
prior to the show. Ran for an hour or so every day if memory serves, heard him
interviewed in a podcast. Very good interview BTW.

Clearly you’ve got some major psychological issues the way you talk to absolutely every single person that says anything different to your opinion...

And yes, I’d love to see it... Show me a video of a 17 year old running 10.2 100m... Please.... Oh and not with your buddy holding a stop watch screaming “ready, set, go!” I mean at an actual Olympic facility timed by coaches. Or at a combine facility...

Yea I knew people in high school who claimed to run 4.5 40 yard dashes, until they got to college try outs and that was clearly a 5.5 and they got schooled and smoked...

The gold medalist at the 2016 Olympics ran a 9.81.. That’s the fastest guy on the planet... And your casual ass is going to run a 10 flat? And 17 year olds running 10.2?? Lmao

You don’t know what the fuck you’re even talking about. As usual...

Just another angry internet kid who lashes out like a pubescent girl on period...

Do you know what sub means?

Once again, not only are you talking extreme outlier cases of top 10 kids in the country, meaning they’ve been doing this their whole lives to get there, but you’re talking high school track times... None of them are done at Olympic/Combine facilities with professional timing gear on hand...

I’ll even give a benefit of the doubt and say that now may be different than when I was in highschool, you’re still talking about a life of rigorous training and top 10 out of 350 million people...

When I was in high school we had a baseball player run a 4.4 40 yard dash, and if you’ve ever seen an NFL combine you that means FAST AS FUCK, everyone at the school was talking about it. Kid gets to UM for try outs and gets SMOKED, couldnt even hang with 2nd string guys...

And once again, you’re acting like a couple months of training and you’re going to casually get on a track and run a SUB 10 second 100m sprint, when guys training with top coaches, drugs, nutritionists etc do it for DECADES to get that timing... SUB meaning UNDER... I mean, why do they call it a SUBMARINE? Because it goes slightly above the water? Lmao... Yea bro, I know what SUB means...

Once again, not only are you talking extreme outlier cases of top 10 kids in the country, meaning they’ve been doing this their whole lives to get there, but you’re talking high school track times... None of them are done at Olympic/Combine facilities with professional timing gear on hand...

I’ll even give a benefit of the doubt and say that now may be different than when I was in highschool, you’re still talking about a life of rigorous training and top 10 out of 350 million people...

When I was in high school we had a baseball player run a 4.4 40 yard dash, and if you’ve ever seen an NFL combine you that means FAST AS FUCK, everyone at the school was talking about it. Kid gets to UM for try outs and gets SMOKED, couldnt even hang with 2nd string guys...

And once again, you’re acting like a couple months of training and you’re going to casually get on a track and run a SUB 10 second 100m sprint, when guys training with top coaches, drugs, nutritionists etc do it for DECADES to get that timing... SUB meaning UNDER... I mean, why do they call it a SUBMARINE? Because it goes slightly above the water? Lmao... Yea bro, I know what SUB means...

LMAO he said a submarine
Literally, I'm one of those coaches, I'm not sure what speed coach didn't register. Track athletes are all tested athletes, like the women who run 10.4 and the 50+ who run 10.5. Though people beat the tests, cough cough usian bolt.

Sub is a reference to a threshold result, this being the "speed barrier" of 10. Sub meaning you have the ability to periodize into a 9.9 or better. If you constantly run under 10, you say you run under 10. Typically the term sub refers to the rounded down version, so anything below 10.25 is usually considered sub 10 in training.

Not sure where 3 months of training comes from? Your asshole? I've spent the past three years studying this and it'll be a year long test.

If you want to be offended by audacity, maybe the newbie section is more your style?

Now is an awful time to think records aren't meant for breaking, since you haven't been paying attention track and field records are getting smoked at an insane rate bc of the covid layoff. Rested athletes showing how much the sport has advanced in recent years.

LMAO he said a submarine
Literally, I'm one of those coaches, I'm not sure what speed coach didn't register. Track athletes are all tested athletes, like the women who run 10.4 and the 50+ who run 10.5. Though people beat the tests, cough cough usian bolt.

Sub is a reference to a threshold result, this being the "speed barrier" of 10. Sub meaning you have the ability to periodize into a 9.9 or better. If you constantly run under 10, you say you run under 10. Typically the term sub refers to the rounded down version, so anything below 10.25 is usually considered sub 10 in training.

Not sure where 3 months of training comes from? Your asshole? I've spent the past three years studying this and it'll be a year long test.

If you want to be offended by audacity, maybe the newbie section is more your style?

Now is an awful time to think records aren't meant for breaking, since you haven't been paying attention track and field records are getting smoked at an insane rate bc of the covid layoff. Rested athletes showing how much the sport has advanced in recent years.

Is that YOUR definition? Lmao

Literally look up the search I posted and you’ll tons of material on what “sub time” actually is and it’s running UNDER said time... PERIOD...

The meaning of SUB is UNDER... Point blank, period... Not your opinion of what it means to give yourself some wiggle room into thinking you can compete with gold medal olympians...

Sub 10 second 100m sprint is 9.99 or better... PERIOD....

You ain’t doing that kid lmao

Hilarious that a couple months ago you’re talking about how you’re in the medical field and NOW you’re a sprinting coach? Lmao

No wonder these kids think they can do more than they actually can, they got people who can’t even tell time or have knowledge of basic definitions..

And where did I say 3 months? Again, kid, maybe 1st grade reading is more your style, I said “A couple months”... That can mean 2 months or it can mean 6 months...

Get over yourself.... I’d love to even wager on this...

We can make a thread and all, a mod like Bio or someone willing can hold on to the cash... I’ll bet you WHATEVER AMOUNT you want, we both send the cash to a Mod and you post a video of yourself on August 8th next year running a 9.99 or better at an Olympic Facility....

Fastest PFT in the Marines was 19:20 3 miles. Only weighed 180lbs then...248 now...zero miles :X

I'm getting into cycling after my next competition. Bikes are apparently crazy expensive.

This thread went south fast, like sub 10 fast...

dont worry, he does this all the time.

I stand by my statements, this forum is filled with grumpy old men who base their beliefs on their own body rather than reality.
People are running faster than ever, technology has made it so easy to track movement mechanics. We've seen UNBELIEVABLE progress in this generation of track and field.
OP wants to run an 8 min mile? Easy, dream bigger. The bigger the dream the sweeter the reality.
This goes back to guys thinking a 405 bench is big bc they or the people around them cant, this year alone I saw a shw push a 1100 equipped bench and a 100kg bench 645 raw.

Is that YOUR definition? Lmao

no

dont worry, he does this all the time.

I stand by my statements, this forum is filled with grumpy old men who base their beliefs on their own body rather than reality.
People are running faster than ever, technology has made it so easy to track movement mechanics. We've seen UNBELIEVABLE progress in this generation of track and field.
OP wants to run an 8 min mile? Easy, dream bigger. The bigger the dream the sweeter the reality.
This goes back to guys thinking a 405 bench is big bc they or the people around them cant, this year alone I saw a shw push a 1100 equipped bench and a 100kg bench 645 raw.

no

Im 30 years old, far from old... And this has absolutely nothing to do with my ability and portraying my incapabilities onto others.. I call you kid because the argumentative and childish nature of all your responses..

What do I do all the time?

Go ahead and quote me in any other thread where I’m wrong in what I say and I double down (like you) instead of correcting myself?

I said it to you in a joking manner and you went off with insults, I can easily quote a dozen times in the last month where you’ve done this to several members...

I even recall where I posted something and you literally quoted me saying “Imagine being this much of a pussy” or something like that... I wasn’t even talking to you or saying anything offensive...

Again you have serious psychological issues...

As to your Wikipedia post, you literally just proved my point...

Submax meaning LESS THAN MAXIMUM... It says it right there lmao

So when you use the prefix SUB as in SUBmarine, SUB 10% bodyfat, SUBsonic, SUB 10 seconds etc.. You’re talking about LESS than or UNDER...

Why do you feel the need to double down on your bullshit instead of correct yourself?

You could’ve easily said “Oh my mistake, my goal is a 10.25” which is NOT sub 10 seconds....

Who cares what other pro athletes are doing and breaking etc. ARE YOU a pro sprinter? You’re probably 20 years old taking about you’re in the medical field and now you’re sprint coach about to run in the heels of the fastest men on the planet?? Lmao

SUB 10 seconds would put you in the running for a silver medal at the Olympics...

Totally agree. Many here are impeding their progress simply by their own limited beliefs of what's possible.

I agree, MANY people do this, but there’s also a fine line between that and DELUSION..

If IronLion would’ve told me he’s a lifelong sprinter with credentials I’d HAPPILY correct myself and apologize, even though I was joking around..

But he already said he’s been “into this” for 3-4 years. Him talking about running Olympic medal times in 3-4 years of training is like me walking into my BJJ gym and thinking I’m going to Submit Kron Gracie or Gordon Ryan (arguably the best guy to compete in BJJ) at the next ADCC with a couple years of training...

NOT HAPPENING...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity